You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design and Discussion
Moderated by Sebastien, Mr Wednesday

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Fight Against Fate - Accursed Destiny.
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 02-16-08 01:42 AM CT (US)   

FIGHT AGAINST FATE
Episode I ~ Accursed Destiny

STORY

The story begins in the long-awaited day when Rett, the main protagonist of the story, turned seventeen. Following the cultural traditions of his home village of Lensia, when a Lensian child reaches that age, an ascend ceremony will be held. Rett is then allowed to leave the remote island where his sole village resides, setting sail towards the unexplored horizons, towards a completely new life, as a newborn adult.

Rett has his mind set with his own purposes in his journey. The traceless disappearance of his brother, Isaac, obliges Rett to find out his whereabouts, and to make sure that he is yet to be dead, as everyone in the village seems to presume. His other goal is to serve his kingdom, as a knight under the army's banner. He was shadowed by the respected legacy of his parents and grandparents, who were mostly heroic knights and valiant warriors during their times, the pride of Lensia.

However, Rett of course is unaware of the occurrences that he is going to encounter, and the fate that he's going to face, on the vast world in the outskirts of his village, which he had never ventured to in his life. Little does he know, that a series of unfortunate tragedies unexpectedly await in his way. Along the path he's going to take, he shall witness glory, he shall witness betrayal, and he shall witness death. His patience and self-faith will certainly be tested.

The reign of the two powerful emperors from the past, the Blue Sorceress and the Red Mage, is longing to be reincarnated through the souls of two. And no one, including the Great Deity can predict what is going happen. Only time knows, and time shall reveal the truth, even if it hurts.

FEATURES

• Hours of gameplay.
Expect a lot of saving and reloading (and perhaps some frustration).
• Level-up system.
If you wish to strengthen your party to the maximum capability, you'll have to win all battles and slay all wandering enemies.
• Weapon upgrade system.
You only have one kind of weapon for each character, which you can upgrade for a price.
• Many side-quests.
A main, typical aspect of an RPG which can't be left unnoticed. And it won't be just killing bandits or saving a damsel in distress.
• Decision making.
Throughout the game, at times you'll be prompted a choice to make, or an action to take. Each decision can lead to different outcomes, but the story remains the same.
• 5 different soundtracks.
For all 5 chapters in one scenario. Music taken from Chrono Cross and Suikoden II OST.
• In-game cut-scenes.
As you play the game, you'll face many cut-scenes. Impatient players, or those who don't care a thing about the story, will be tested here.
• In-depth storyline and plot.
Everything happens for a reason. You don't just take a long, winding walk from one place to another for no apparent purpose.
• Realistic, detailed dialogues.
It won't be just, "He killed my family. Please kill him back. Now go." or the like.
• Numerous losing conditions.
There are some different ways to lose besides just killing your hero (though I have no idea why you'd want to do any of them).
• (hopefully) Nice map design.
Inspired by some famous designers ranging from newIdea, Shadows, to Crasher.
• Giant-sized map.
An archipelago consisting of some small and large islands that are reachable, remote villages, towns, a large capital, unexplored rainforests and uninhabited lands.
• Thousands of triggers.
Like you even care, though.
• No data-editing or mods.
Pray that you still keep the original .dat file.
• Pure RPG/RPS style.
Certainly not dedicated to B&D hardcore fans.

PROGRESS

Map Design: 55%
Triggers: 25%
Storyline: 100%
Overall: 60%

SCREENSHOTS

Chapter 1 ~ A Warrior's Dawn
Lensia Village
Lensia Forest
Rett's departure
Shrine at the edge of the island

Chapter 2 ~ The Thriving Capital
Lavador Royal Palace
Lavador Docks
Island of the Stranded
Deck of a Lensian Boat

Chapter 3 ~ Knighthood
-none yet-

Chapter 4 ~ Converge
-none yet-

Chapter 5 ~ Homecoming of Tears
-none yet-

PLAYTESTERS

- Dantares IV (waiting for completion)
- Quaazi (waiting for completion)
- RS Greo0 (waiting for completion)

My doors are left wide open for anyone who's willing to playtest. Just point to me your e-mail address, and you can expect the full version of the scenario coming your way after it's completed. New screenshots will be uploaded as soon as I'm done making progress with the scenario. If you haven't watched the prologue, you can download it here.

BROUGHT TO YOU BY

/\NDANU_TRISATY/\
-~¤~-~¤~-~¤~-~¤~-~¤~-~¤~-
StormWind Studios

-:|:- Fight Against Fate -:|:- Zegrelandia -:|:- Eternal Moon -:|:- Current Project -:|:-

[This message has been edited by Andanu T (edited 05-01-2008 @ 01:26 AM).]

Replies:
posted 02-16-08 02:54 AM CT (US)     1 / 52  
Yes finally.

too many bad memories. I hate the name too.
one new account off the production line
posted 02-16-08 04:42 AM CT (US)     2 / 52  
Thou hath my sword.

Morgoth Bauglir/Quaazi - BORINGMETAL HEADTWAT
Huidin's Belief - The Siege (4.4) - 2475 - Birth Of The Uruk-Hai (4.1) (Best Sound of 2008)
Signature currently under construction. If you want to help out and provide me with the resources needed, download from the above links.
posted 02-16-08 10:15 AM CT (US)     3 / 52  
Looking forward to it already
posted 02-16-08 10:28 AM CT (US)     4 / 52  
Sounds great!

But how can you say 'thousands' of triggers when you post triggers as 25% done?
posted 02-16-08 11:10 AM CT (US)     5 / 52  
He plans on doing a looot of work before he finishes!

This is interesting. I've been looking for a story-filled, RPG styled map for quite some time. Between Dantares and yourself, I think I can hope to see a new, satisfying campaign in the near future. Best of luck putting all of this together. You certainly are making use of an incredible selection of music! =)

Judiciously show a cat milk, if you wish her to thirst for it.
Judiciously show a dog his natural prey, if you wish him to bring it down one day.

[This message has been edited by Haroth (edited 02-16-2008 @ 12:25 PM).]

posted 02-16-08 11:38 AM CT (US)     6 / 52  
Hopefully this will be as good (or better) than the cutscene. When I first saw it, it made me expect all cutscenes/prologues to be like it but then after a while I realised it was top quality work. Just curious, will the player take part in some of the scenes in the prologue so you can relate? Or is Rett on neither side?

"...there's a difference between offering constructive criticism and going out of your way to be a dick." - Aro
posted 02-16-08 12:30 PM CT (US)     7 / 52  
Lookin' good, Andan.

And it's about time someone used the great Chrono Trigger music. ^_^

me
posted 02-16-08 12:39 PM CT (US)     8 / 52  
And it's about time someone used the great Chrono Trigger music.
It makes a change from the over-used Hans Zimmer.

Nothing wrong with his work mind, but it seems every Tom, Dick and Harry have used his work in their scenarios so after a couple of maps using the same soundtrack the novelty soon wears off.

¬_¬ Scuddles: Rhymes with huggles© ¬_¬
"Scud: the man who could even make God feel foolish." - A Banned User
"Anyway, Scud's not mean, it's not in his nature...he is a bit eccentric though!" - Anastasia

[This message has been edited by Scud (edited 02-16-2008 @ 12:41 PM).]

posted 02-16-08 01:15 PM CT (US)     9 / 52  
Hey, I haven't used Hans Zimmer! Curseth thou!

Anyway, maybe a release date? Gotta keep that day open. I love the decision making feature particulary, sice it reminds me of Kotor, or Nwn.

Huidin's Belief - The Siege (4.4) - 2475 - Birth Of The Uruk-Hai (4.1) (Best Sound of 2008)
Signature currently under construction. If you want to help out and provide me with the resources needed, download from the above links.
posted 02-16-08 02:25 PM CT (US)     10 / 52  
Well, I know you haven't asked for any, and you might not intend to have any, but I'll say it anyways.

When/if you have play-testers, I'd like to take the honor of being the first to sign up.

Good luck with this great looking game. Though the Lensia village did look a little too...umm...Green...

You (Dantares) also made a good impression with your campaigns. So many hours, wrestling with idea's. Playtested tons and tons of other work of other people.
Putting Blackness Back On Map|Sieges With Less Lag|10x10 (Custom Map)Winning Second Place in the DtSC: ~The Outer Rim~ 4.0 ratingProud Member of Dragon Gaming StudiosMy Latest Game: ~Son Against Father~
posted 02-16-08 08:05 PM CT (US)     11 / 52  
I wasn't expecting any comments, but thanks, folks!
I guess Haroth's reply answered the question.
Between Dantares and yourself, I think I can hope to see a new, satisfying campaign in the near future.
Thanks. This will be my first playable campaign ever, so I'm going to do my best.
Just curious, will the player take part in some of the scenes in the prologue so you can relate? Or is Rett on neither side?
Rett will eventually find himself binded with one of the mages' soul, though he can still control his mind and body. Meanwhile, a particular someone will get himself possessed by the other mage. This circumstance leads both person to a reborn war between each other. So, yes, perhaps history (as pictured in the prologue) will repeat itself.
And it's about time someone used the great Chrono Trigger music.
Good to hear that. It's Chrono Cross, not Chrono Trigger, though. But both game indeed have magnificent soundtracks. Yasunori Mitsuda is a talented musician, and a genius.
it seems every Tom, Dick and Harry have used his work in their scenarios so after a couple of maps using the same soundtrack the novelty soon wears off.
Indeed. We need to give Mark Mancina and John Williams a chance.
Anyway, maybe a release date? Gotta keep that day open. I love the decision making feature particulary, sice it reminds me of Kotor, or Nwn.
Thanks to college and the repetitive boredom I often get, I can't predict the time of its release. Maybe around April or May.
When/if you have play-testers, I'd like to take the honor of being the first to sign up.
Very much appreciated! On another note, I shall write my comments of Son Against Father soon.

/\NDANU_TRISATY/\
StormWind Studios

-:|:- Fight Against Fate -:|:- Zegrelandia -:|:- Eternal Moon -:|:- Current Project -:|:-
posted 02-16-08 08:48 PM CT (US)     12 / 52  
The beach seems a little empty, but beautiful nonetheless.
And it won't be just killing bandits or saving a damsel in distress.
Will it include McDonalds hamburgers?
Pray that you still keep the original .dat file.
Ah, excellent!
posted 02-17-08 04:38 AM CT (US)     13 / 52  
Andanu, looks interesting. Good luck for completion. Try to eliminate all possible bugs and work thoroughly with the map. Looking forward to it.
posted 02-17-08 09:27 AM CT (US)     14 / 52  
posted 02-18-08 11:46 AM CT (US)     15 / 52  
Good to see you're working on this.
Expect a lot of saving and reloading (and perhaps some frustration).
Sweet
Music taken from Chrono Cross
NONONO!! You can't beat me to it!
posted 02-18-08 11:55 AM CT (US)     16 / 52  
@ Andanu

I dont know why you said that. You are one of the forum.
And the title was interesting. That maybe is one of a reason you can give to why people reply to this.

By the way. While you design this project a person, which name is not to be mentioned here, is also making a rpg like campaign with leveling purposes, quests and more..
The unique thing you have is weapon upgrading.
It also seems that this is no medieval campaign is it?
That is why no magic is involved?

I wish you the best... and be sure to keep us all informed of all your progress

(_(_(_ World of Warcraft _)_)_)
(_(_(_(_(_( = [|]Level: 85 Pierce [|] = )_)_)_)_)_)
(_(_(_(_(_(_(_(_( = [|] Class: Warrior[|] = )_)_)_)_)_)_)_)_)
(_(_(_(_(_(_(_(_( = [|]Race: Human [|] = )_)_)_)_)_)_)_)_)
(_(_(_( = WizardBoy: | Proud member of AOK = Click to add population = )_)_)_)
posted 02-18-08 12:52 PM CT (US)     17 / 52  
Very much appreciated
Wait, you're accepting playtesters already? PUTZ MIZ INZ, I WONT 2 PLAITESTS!!!

posted 02-18-08 02:33 PM CT (US)     18 / 52  
Will it include McDonalds hamburgers?
If you wish, I shall include a quest where you have to infiltrate a McDonalds HQ and sabotage the worldwide franchise system or something. Not.
Looking reeeeaalll good, Andan. Can't wait to see it completed.
I myself can't hardly wait for it. Thanks, mate!
Try to eliminate all possible bugs and work thoroughly with the map.
Will do. Thanks. Luckily I've already got two reliable playtesters to sign up.
NONONO!! You can't beat me to it!
Yes I can, and I will. (insert evil laugh here)
And the title was interesting.
For real? I've always thought it sounds corny. But thanks!
That is why no magic is involved?
Nope, except in cut-scenes. Including magic would require some serious data-editing. My tiny brain can't be bothered to learn it.
Wait, you're accepting playtesters already? PUTZ MIZ INZ, I WONT 2 PLAITESTS!!!
YER INZ. But you'll have to wait until it's 99% completed.

/\NDANU_TRISATY/\
StormWind Studios

[This message has been edited by Andanu T (edited 02-18-2008 @ 03:45 PM).]

posted 02-18-08 02:33 PM CT (US)     19 / 52  
Looking great as always Andan. You can expect a review once this is finished

__[]_________
|||||||||||||||||
The ||||||||||||||||| Hus
OF | [/ \] |¯| [/ \] | ME
______________________________________________________________________________ |__ _ |¯|____|_______________________________________________________________________________
The Relics of Athalën (5.0) | AoK Opus - 100,000+ downloads | StormWind Studios | "I consider the conversion of Basse to be one of the great triumphs of my modding crusade" - Matt LiVecchi
posted 02-18-08 04:22 PM CT (US)     20 / 52  
I can always expect one from my "trusted personal reviewers", you and Mash, if he can manage to find a spare time now that he's getting busier.

/\NDANU_TRISATY/\
StormWind Studios

posted 02-19-08 02:12 AM CT (US)     21 / 52  
posted 02-19-08 10:43 AM CT (US)     22 / 52  
Yes I can, and I will. (insert evil laugh here)
I hereby demand to know the specific songs you shall be using, and depending on your answer there shall be peace between our good peoples of Costa Rica and Indonesia (or war to the knife).
posted 02-19-08 05:42 PM CT (US)     23 / 52  
The business always comes and goes, I'll have time to review.
Sweet!
I hereby demand to know the specific songs you shall be using, and depending on your answer there shall be peace between our good peoples of Costa Rica and Indonesia (or war to the knife).
*gulp*

Go to this page. For this first episode of the series, these are the songs I'll be using:
Disc 1: Track 2, Track 3, Track 13
Disc 2: Track 15, Track 16
Disc 3: Track 7

Are we cool?

/\NDANU_TRISATY/\
StormWind Studios

posted 02-20-08 10:22 AM CT (US)     24 / 52  
Aye. There was a specific song that worried me, but you're not using it, so w'ere cool.

For now
posted 02-20-08 04:40 PM CT (US)     25 / 52  
This looks and sounds great.

Get some ice/wave effect going on that beach though!
posted 02-20-08 08:18 PM CT (US)     26 / 52  
I always loved the implementation of creating/removing bridges for a desired wave effect. Making a static "picture" with ice and snow always bothered me because few seemed to be able to pull it off so that I could see the "rushing water" without squinting at the screen for several seconds.

Judiciously show a dog his natural prey, if you wish him to bring it down one day.
posted 02-21-08 00:41 AM CT (US)     27 / 52  
Or you could just make the ice waves crash on and off the beach. Requires the dreaded DAT file though

"And Matt is a prolific lurker, watching over the forum from afar in silence, like Batman. He's the president TC needs, and possibly also the one it deserves." - trebuchet king
posted 02-21-08 05:46 AM CT (US)     28 / 52  
There was a specific song that worried me, but you're not using it, so w'ere cool.
Henceforth, I demand that you clearly state that particular song you're going to use, to ensure the future of our children's children.
I might be going to use the trick mentioned by Hathor, if I have the time and the willing.
Or you could just make the ice waves crash on and off the beach. Requires the dreaded DAT file though
As always, every crazy thing can be made happen with data-editing. I'll pass, though.

/\NDANU_TRISATY/\
StormWind Studios

posted 02-21-08 07:57 AM CT (US)     29 / 52  
I might be going to use the trick mentioned by Hathor, if I have the time and the willing.
I'm not the Egyptian goddess of love, though I'm flattered. ;D

posted 02-21-08 10:16 AM CT (US)     30 / 52  
It's the most obvious one, my friend. Time's Scar. I'm using it as introduction to my campaign, and it fits perfectly.

Now stop the diplomacy and start the designing!
posted 02-22-08 12:20 PM CT (US)     31 / 52  
Music is definitely the biggest challenge to a scn designer, with limited means as most of us have. If someone steals you r piece it is all out war !

"And Matt is a prolific lurker, watching over the forum from afar in silence, like Batman. He's the president TC needs, and possibly also the one it deserves." - trebuchet king
posted 02-22-08 02:04 PM CT (US)     32 / 52  
I'm not the Egyptian goddess of love, though I'm flattered.
That reminds me to get glasses for my eyes.
It's the most obvious one, my friend. Time's Scar. I'm using it as introduction to my campaign, and it fits perfectly.
Just as I thought. I swore to myself that I shall never use that song, to honor a certain campaign that is by far my most favorite classic.
Music is definitely the biggest challenge to a scn designer, with limited means as most of us have. If someone steals you r piece it is all out war !
I don't mind at all. After all, it's not really my piece of work. I'm just a consumer.
Hearing our music in other person's scenario, though, is like walking across a stranger who wears exactly the same clothes we are wearing.

/\NDANU_TRISATY/\
StormWind Studios

[This message has been edited by Andanu T (edited 02-22-2008 @ 02:47 PM).]

posted 02-22-08 02:44 PM CT (US)     33 / 52  
I don't mind at all. After all, it's not really my piece of work. I'm just a consumer.
I'm in full agreement. If someone says,"Please don't use this music" I won't use it, but if no one says anything I take it.

You (Dantares) also made a good impression with your campaigns. So many hours, wrestling with idea's. Playtested tons and tons of other work of other people.
Putting Blackness Back On Map|Sieges With Less Lag|10x10 (Custom Map)Winning Second Place in the DtSC: ~The Outer Rim~ 4.0 ratingProud Member of Dragon Gaming StudiosMy Latest Game: ~Son Against Father~
posted 02-22-08 03:12 PM CT (US)     34 / 52  
I meant of course If they beat you to it, before you get to use it.

The problem with using the music from other campaigns is that music is for effect, and it loses its effect if it is an already overused piece. That is one reason I made sure all the music in my last cutscene was 100% original to this site. But Still, I have never minded allowing people to use my music. As long as my project is already released.

Sorry for turning your thread into a music discussion, Andanu

posted 02-23-08 05:51 PM CT (US)     35 / 52  
The problem with using the music from other campaigns is that music is for effect, and it loses its effect if it is an already overused piece. That is one reason I made sure all the music in my last cutscene was 100% original to this site. But Still, I have never minded allowing people to use my music. As long as my project is already released.
That's one main reason why I picked an RPG soundtrack. Most people don't care much about them, they're just up to ye olde Hans Zimmer. Or at least I hope so.
Sorry for turning your thread into a music discussion, Andanu
At least it's still related to the thread's purpose.

/\NDANU_TRISATY/\
StormWind Studios

« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » Fight Against Fate - Accursed Destiny.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames