Please login or register

Mod Design and Discussion
Moderated by Sebastien, John the Late

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Stats editing questions
posted 09-03-05 02:22 AM CT (US)   

Someone else asked this same question, but I was also wondering it so..

I wanted to ask you something about GeniEd 2.1
Why is there this Civilisation section? I mean whenever you select any unit or anything, where you have HP etc fields, over there why is the civilisation field present?

What are the civ numbers for each civ? And also, could I use the civ number to activate/deactivate a unit for a civ. Could I use this to give turks pikemen?

Replies:
posted 09-03-05 02:26 AM CT (US)     1 / 12  
Whether a unit can be created(or upgraded) by specfic civilization or not is controlled by tech.

I don't think the slot in GeniED2.1 is useful, till now.

[This message has been edited by scenario_t_c (edited 09-03-2005 @ 02:27 AM).]

posted 09-03-05 05:30 AM CT (US)     2 / 12  
I was the one who asked that question.... But the problem is, no matter which civilisation I have a look at it, the value is always 0....

˜*°..°*˜.°*˜˜*°.˜*°..°*˜°*˜˜*°.˜*°..°*˜
_-˜°**°˜-_ »Ruler« .° »of« °. »Hell« _-˜°**°˜-_
˜*°..°*˜˜*°..°*˜.°*˜˜*°.˜*°..°*˜˜*°..°*˜
posted 09-03-05 07:07 AM CT (US)     3 / 12  

Ok, so what is that value for? Hmm...

Yes, but the 0 value can be changed. Try putting another value in that area; see what happens.

[This message has been edited by qaz123tfg (edited 09-03-2005 @ 07:08 AM).]

posted 09-03-05 12:15 PM CT (US)     4 / 12  
The civ seletion is due to the structure of the genie (empires2 for AoK) file.
There is a set of data for every unit, for every civ.

If that data (and some other) isn't present, then that civ cannot "own" that unit. Like resource deposits. The GAIA civ has data for those units, but all the rest don't.]

EDIT:
The tech tree is set by techs. By default all civs get every thing. (Unless the tech is assigned to be civ specific, which only the unique techs/units are.)
You have to program a CHUN4 to dissable them. So, if you want a civ to get EVERYTHING, just go in and delete the data, and change the counter to 0. I've done that many times, for my own enjoyment. Also, the civ/team bonuses are just CHUN4s as well. I changed the Brithish team bonus from + Archer Range creation speed, to + 1 foot archer range.

As to allowing the unit to be created, that is set up in two places, on the unit, and in a tech.
I have found the equivalant to this unknown in AoK:
civ_1_unit_8_unknown35_05: 82 1 0 0 0

The first number is the number ID of the building that this unit is created at, the second is the button slot.
It looks like this in the AoK hex:

52 00 01 00

Then you have to set up a tech, and assign it to use a type 2 CHUN4.

This is what you should have:

02 52 00 01 00 ff ff 00 00 00 00

That makes the Longbow Man crateable. This kind of stuff is FAR easier with GeniEd 1. But it still can be done with hex editing.
To test it out I set it up so you could create "Hunting Wolf" at the Town center (in the second button slot).

[This message has been edited by Mandalorian (edited 09-03-2005 @ 12:29 PM).]

posted 09-05-05 10:08 AM CT (US)     5 / 12  

Can hero's (for example Harold Hardrada) be made from the university or town center?

I would want this only avaliable in Imperial age and Harold Hardrada only avaliable for the Vikings.

To offset Aztecs not having scouts, could they be able to build hunting wolves in feudal age (from the barracks)?

Thanks for the answers.

posted 09-05-05 10:13 AM CT (US)     6 / 12  
That should be quite easy, but building hunting wolves actually has a high possibilty to damage the game balance.
posted 09-05-05 10:22 AM CT (US)     7 / 12  
Is the hunting wolf the one that's standard in the game? I ment the standard one that hunts villiagers. Only it would be able to be build and controled by the aztec player.
posted 09-05-05 10:26 AM CT (US)     8 / 12  
Hunting wolves are MUCH stronger than the standard wolves(with about 2 x ATK and 2.5 x HP).....

Meanwhile, standard wolves, having no civilization attribute set for "playable" civilizations, cannot be own and therefore cannot be created by players.

EDIT: I just realize I had made a mistake. Enabling the hulfing wolves to be created by player is never an easy job, but still possible.

[This message has been edited by scenario_t_c (edited 09-05-2005 @ 02:19 PM).]

posted 09-06-05 00:04 AM CT (US)     9 / 12  
EDIT: I just realize I had made a mistake. Enabling the hulfing wolves to be created by player is never an easy job, but still possible.

It is VERY easy! It did this very thing just after the release of my 500 pop limit mod.
It took me all of 30 seconds. All I had to do was change 2 numbers and add a line to an existing CHUN4. It's just that easy to make a unit createable.

And it isn't all that hard to make the wolves ownable either.
Just copy and paste 2 things for each civ you want to own it, and ta da! There she be!

[This message has been edited by Mandalorian (edited 09-06-2005 @ 00:04 AM).]

posted 09-06-05 00:55 AM CT (US)     10 / 12  
I know enabling is easy. However, how can I control where and whether the creation button will appear? For example, Sea Tower is enabled by default game setting, but it does not appear on the villager's building list.

[This message has been edited by scenario_t_c (edited 09-08-2005 @ 09:38 AM).]

posted 09-06-05 07:08 PM CT (US)     11 / 12  
I have a q about GeneID or whatever its called . I just got it and i have 2 questions -

*If i edit the stats on a unit, will all ppl in the game have the modified stat applied to their units?

*And 2, will the game go out of sync if used on the zone. Plz reply thxs.

posted 09-06-05 07:14 PM CT (US)     12 / 12  

CallousCrazyMan,
If I edit the stats on a unit, will all ppl in the game have the modified stat applied to their units?

Go here and read:
http://aok.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/aokcgi/display.cgi?action=ct&f=9,33869,,10

and you will have your answers.

[This message has been edited by qaz123tfg (edited 09-06-2005 @ 07:20 PM).]

Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Mod Design and Discussion » Stats editing questions
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames