You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Mod Design and Discussion
Moderated by Sebastien, John the Late

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: to those who hex edit - completely new unit possible?
posted 12-06-05 00:54 AM CT (US)   

Is it possible to make a completely new unit? I mean new attacking sounds, new graphic slots/slp id's, its own attack/armour...make it built-able from the barracks etc.

(If it is possible, it would be nice for someone to do that then document how they did it. Even if the unit only has 3 frames in every direction and it looks like ----> arrows. Just looking for a proof of concept.)

Another id I had: Instead of monks being able to convert enemies, what about making a monks converting function cause a slow area of effect draining of all enemies health within its range? is that possible? (i.e. monk drains health out of enemies units until the monks power runs out and it has to recharge).

In the attack/armour types I didn't see any mention of a monks converting ability as an attack type.

Replies:
posted 12-06-05 02:38 AM CT (US)     1 / 9  
At SWGB heaven a forumer Sarthos is adding Mon Calamari as a 9th additional civilization, if there is a possible way to add anything the game, he's the one to go to, he replies every hour so it won't be hard contacting him.
posted 12-06-05 10:34 AM CT (US)     2 / 9  
I have achieved some process in that, but it would definitely be only done by hex-editing. :/
posted 12-06-05 11:24 PM CT (US)     3 / 9  
Very possible. And not really all that difficult.
There are a couple areas that you need to edit:
Header pointers, units data, and civ units, as well as all the applicable counters.

Scen_t_c,
Did you have accual success yet?
(If you would like I can point out the exact bytes you'd need to edit.
Sounds like you allready know...)

posted 12-07-05 00:44 AM CT (US)     4 / 9  
Mandalorian,

You've done it?

And what about the monk? How is he able to heal/convert units? and could those functions be hex edited into something else?

If the monks converting enemies function could be set to heal enemies but with a negative number, it should take away health from enemies.

[This message has been edited by qaz123tfg (edited 12-07-2005 @ 00:46 AM).]

posted 12-07-05 08:08 AM CT (US)     5 / 9  
@qaz123tfg

I managed to make an archer able to convert, but he still had no faith to do it.:\

@Mandalorian
I have tried inserting a set of new unit header data and a new civ unit data, including the pointer, into GAIA, but the result is a chase. The reason may probably be it is needed to insert unit data for every civ. There was also a high possibly of error when inserting new unit header data, too.

[This message has been edited by scenario_t_c (edited 12-07-2005 @ 08:11 AM).]

posted 12-07-05 11:25 PM CT (US)     6 / 9  
qaz123tfg ,
I have indeed, many times.

And to the monk question:
Asign class, "units" data, and the buttons.

Scen_t_c
You don't have to do it for every civ if you don't want to. If you only want to add that unit for say civ ten, you just change civ 10's unit counter, add "pointers", and unit data for civ ten.

But you still need to have master units data no mater which civ's get this unit.

posted 12-07-05 11:38 PM CT (US)     7 / 9  
@Mandalorian

I tried that before (add unit data, no new unit header data), but the game crashed once I select the unit (nothing happened in the map editor, though). :\

I would also want to ask if you know how to make a unit have the "faith" attribute.

posted 12-08-05 06:33 PM CT (US)     8 / 9  
Question; i have a unit in MPS neer compleated but i dont no how to put in game it would be a cavelry unit

A death is a tradgity, a million deaths is a statistic...

You dont win a war(or battle)if you lose more then you gain...

Think about those last quotes very hard

posted 12-08-05 07:13 PM CT (US)     9 / 9  
TC, So far "faith" is connected to the unit class, there is no unknown that gives a unit "faith."

Also, I have also added new units(including new graphic .slps, new icons, and new sound .slps), and a new 9th civ. It is very possible, but there are problems like graphic sets, and AI that I have not been able to overcome. Though I have been able to play with it in game.

"Wipe them out, all of them!"
"I must obey my master!"
"At last,we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi. At last, we will have revenge!"

SidiousInvader@msn.com----Instant Message

[This message has been edited by Sidious Invader (edited 12-08-2005 @ 07:19 PM).]

Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Mod Design and Discussion » to those who hex edit - completely new unit possible?
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames