Please login or register

General and Strategy Discussion
Moderated by John the Late

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Weekend Warriors XXV: June 9th, 2012
posted 06-08-12 05:48 PM CT (US)   

It is time once again for the warriors to gather! The party starts Saturday, June 9th, at 5PM EST, and everyone is welcome and encouraged to play.

We will have fun. It is required that you enjoy yourself. Otherwise, what are you here for?

• What: AoKH Weekend Warriors - fun-filled multiplayer hangout with various maps
  • Who: Anyone from AoKH. If your dog has an account, your dog can play (How does it use a keyboard?)
  • Where: Voobly (the Agincourt lobby to be exact)
  • When: Saturday, June 9th, 5PM EST (posted twice in case you missed it)
  • Why: Why not?
  • How: See Getting Started Playing Online

Champions:

To join, just post your Voobly name like my name below. Those who have taken part in previous Weekend Warriors battles are named below (Voobly names in bold):

Leif Ericson Leif_Ericson
    Barbarossa89 Barbarossa89
    ChickenWrap ChickenWrap
    Commander Scipio CommanderScipio
    Dannflor Dannflor
    Donnie Donnie
    dukla dukla
    Jatayu jatayu
    maximusSVK SunflowerS
    Mayank Sharma BF_Stroke
    NowhereT NowhereT
    sly_guy [TOAO]_Keith
    TOAO_DaVe [AU]AgeofStoneWalls
    Offwo200 TheNoobScripter
    Andrew_V Marsh_
    ww_Lord Farquaad B00ger [wW]Myst_
    Cysion Cysion
    Tetsuo Shima Tetsuo_Shima
    panel pana_cotel
    Lord Basse Lord_Basse
    Xingjianma [TOAO]Mr_Xing_
    Sammy Princeton TheImperialCzar
    den cekke 1302
    Draconian Devil
    rmcoo rmcoo

If you agree with these main motives then SIGN UP:

1) I LOVE AOKH! IT IS BY FAR THE MOST FUN AGE OF EMPIRES COMMUNITY! Not to mention better than any other online game...right?

2) I'm getting Fiber Optics tomorrow and I'm itching to test it out!

3) My girlfriend wants me to go for a meal with her parents but I love AOK more and is a decent excuse to get out of it.

So all you peoples of AoKH, who's with us? Put down your Xbox controllers, TV Remotes, and Knitting Materials, pick up your swords and come and fight for GLORRYRYYYAARRAAAAA*cough**hack**cough**flem*.

~`o´~|\  Join the fresh and exciting AI Ladder for its fourth season!
    ´ `  |_\
           |    Learn the joy of AI scripting in my guide: The World of AI Scripting
    ______|______
     \        /
       .....Hinga Dinga Durgen! - SpongeBob
      `-=<.__.>=-´

[This message has been edited by Leif Ericson (edited 06-09-2012 @ 04:43 PM).]

• Replies:
    posted 06-08-12 05:49 PM CT (US)     1 / 19  
    Password is HUNTER. Also, we're going to try and get at least one Age of Chivalry battle in, so make sure to download the Age of Chivalry modpack and install it for Voobly. See this link for details.

´ `  |_\
    ______|______
     \        /
      `-=<.__.>=-´
    posted 06-08-12 08:33 PM CT (US)     2 / 19  
    Name: Sammy
    Voobly: TheImperialTzar
    posted 06-08-12 10:19 PM CT (US)     3 / 19  
    I'll be there for the very start and the super late part, but I won't be there for the main course.
    posted 06-09-12 01:08 AM CT (US)     4 / 19  
    I just realized I'll only be able to be there for the first hour. I'll have to do a shift at work after that.

BTW, nice to see you here Sammy.

´ `  |_\
    ______|______
     \        /
      `-=<.__.>=-´
    posted 06-09-12 03:02 AM CT (US)     5 / 19  
    I'll try to make it. It's very late for me to play but I'd like to join for that chivalry game.

Btw voobly nickname = 1302

[This message has been edited by den cekke (edited 06-09-2012 @ 06:35 AM).]

posted 06-09-12 04:41 AM CT (US)     6 / 19  
    I'll hopefully be around in the later stages as I usually am.

Signed,
    DaVe.
    posted 06-09-12 05:04 AM CT (US)     7 / 19  
    Nice cart, i will take it.
    But i still dont get what time i have to come!

()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()
    ()()()()()()DRACONIANDEVIL()()()()()()
    posted 06-09-12 10:49 AM CT (US)     8 / 19  
    I should also be around in the later stages. May be a bit distracted, as there'll be the skype chat (if it's still going), a hockey game to watch/listen to, and AoC, but I'll do my best.

(Sidenote to dave and xing - I fell asleep. Oops)

- ک

Ladies and Gentlemen, wear sunscreen. If I could offer you only one tip for the future, sunscreen would be IT. The long term benefits of sunscreen have been proved by scientists, whereas the rest of my advice has no basis more reliable than my own meandering experience.

This message has been brought to you by procrastination and the letters K and V.
    posted 06-09-12 11:10 AM CT (US)     9 / 19  
    It is taking place at 21 GMT. If you live in India, then it is taking place at 2:30 AM Sunday morning.
    posted 06-09-12 01:00 PM CT (US)     10 / 19  
    Yep, Barbarossa is correct. I can start giving the GMT time in the future if it helps.

Also, it looks like we might have more activity later than sooner. I'll have to leave an hour after it starts, but I'll probably be back around 10PM forum time (2:00 GMT).

´ `  |_\
    ______|______
     \        /
      `-=<.__.>=-´
    posted 06-09-12 01:20 PM CT (US)     11 / 19  
    Why is it always this late? This way only people in North- and south-America can play. For us Europeans and Asians it's not possible to stay up that late.
    posted 06-09-12 01:22 PM CT (US)     12 / 19  
    2:30 AM!!!!..
    It is very difficult to attend in early morning.
    I am sleeping at that time!

Well anyways next time it might be possible.
    Say on Weekend Warrior 50 or 60 something.
    Meaning i will be available to play at this time only after a year from now

If you keep it 11AM IST then everyone can play.
    So in america it will be 11PM(which is not too late?)
    and in Europe it will be a bit early 4PM(GMT) right?
    So it will be equal for all!

()()()()()()DRACONIANDEVIL()()()()()()

[This message has been edited by Draconian Devil (edited 06-09-2012 @ 01:26 PM).]

posted 06-09-12 01:59 PM CT (US)     13 / 19  
    Except that's the day before in the USA, 11. Typically it goes pretty late at night, like 1am EST, I dunno what that is in India, but maybe that would work better?
    posted 06-09-12 03:04 PM CT (US)     14 / 19  
    ^ What dukla said.

For people in Australia and Asia, we usually still have games going on pretty late so they can join in the morning when they wake up. Those in Europe usually have time for a game or two before they have to sleep. We've continually pushed it earlier over time. At one time it used to start at 9PM EST (1:00 GMT)! If you guys have a suggestion that works for the greatest number of people, we're all ears.

´ `  |_\
    ______|______
     \        /
      `-=<.__.>=-´
    posted 06-09-12 04:09 PM CT (US)     15 / 19  
    I've got a room up already, but I'm about to run off to lunch so I'll be AFK for a little bit.
    posted 06-09-12 04:31 PM CT (US)     16 / 19  
    rmcoo
    Voobly: Rmcoo

[This message has been edited by rmcoo (edited 06-09-2012 @ 04:37 PM).]

posted 06-12-12 05:14 PM CT (US)     17 / 19  
    So what games ended up being played?

I know of the 2 RW FFAs (first won by dan cekke in an epic fashion, second won by ? cause I had to leave).
    posted 06-12-12 09:22 PM CT (US)     18 / 19  
    The second RW FFA ended up being Basse, Tetsuo and myself in the end. I couldn't break into Tetsuo's "fortress" (if you will), and he started pushing back. Basse (who at this point was barely surviving) said he wouldn't resign until Tetsuo was defeated, but I ended up getting bored/my butt kicked (or at least it was gonna happen soon), so I resigned. Don't know if Basse fought back or not.

The other game that sticks in my memory was a 3-1/2 hour (game time) Black Forest with Dave, Xing, Scipio, Leif and myself. The first three of those were fighting all the way to imperial (I think, it was also FFA with locked teams). I think both Xing and Scipio had to leave, so they resigned, and Dave did the same to watch Leif and I duke it out. My eco balance wasn't quite perfect (killed off a few too many villagers, I think), so after managing to *just* push inside Leif's walls (after being even at the walls for maybe an hour, aha), he was able to push me out and just keep the trash flooding into my town. I resigned.

Other than that, there were a couple of arabias played, I think?

- ک

Ladies and Gentlemen, wear sunscreen. If I could offer you only one tip for the future, sunscreen would be IT. The long term benefits of sunscreen have been proved by scientists, whereas the rest of my advice has no basis more reliable than my own meandering experience.

This message has been brought to you by procrastination and the letters K and V.
    posted 06-12-12 10:42 PM CT (US)     19 / 19  
    ^ Lol yea, that was fun.

Dave beat Xing, then I blew up half of Dave's town (but then I stopped, because I was sure Sly would attack again)

But he didn't, so Dave pushed me back. And I had to go anyways.

"Scipio is more charismatic than you are." -Rocking Doom
    "Scipio ... narcissistic ... overly arrogant cuckold ... noble souls and gentlemen, ... spare a second ... basic and ennui existence ... feeble pleasure ... his life more bearable ... monotony of stoic reality." *-Scud
    "SCIPIO YOU SUN BITCH" -TOAO_Roland
    Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » General and Strategy Discussion » Weekend Warriors XXV: June 9th, 2012
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames