You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design and Discussion
Moderated by Sebastien, Mr Wednesday

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Review Requests, about Reviewing and Tutorials
« Previous Page  1 2 3 4 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 72  Next Page »
posted 11-30-02 10:34 AM CT (US)   
If you want a review, drop a line with the name of your file and the Thread Reviewers will take a look. Please be patient as a skilled review takes some time. You can also ask for a review of a download you think should get more attention or because you think a certain download is rated unfair or is even overrated.

If you want to join as a reviewer, you must have at least four posted reviews, post your request in this thread or send a mail to tanneur99@heavengames.com, naming your last review. You do not have to review regularly, but you will be put on inactive after three months until you post a review.

Please read the review tutorials.

Single and Multiplayer http://aok.heavengames.com/blacksmith/reviews/howtoreview.shtml
Please note the different ratings for Balance, for Multiplayer you rate nothing but the starting position; this refers to the respective paragraph in the tutorial and read post 264 of this thread. Another exception are scenarios where fighting was not intended by the author, a 100% cut-scene receives an automatic five for example. Some things are self evident when reviewing. If the scenario is designed for AoK review it playing AoK, if you think it's too easy on standard, play a higher level or vice wersa.

Random Map Script http://aok.heavengames.com/blacksmith/reviews/randomrvw1.shtml

Utility, no official tutorial for some ideas go here http://aok.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/aokcgi/display.cgi?action=ct&f=4,29532,,all
A utility is a tool for the designer and has hardly any use for the player; keep this in mind when you rate utilities for USEFULNESS/NOVELTY and QUALITY/INSTRUCTIONS. Often you cannot rate the novelty factor; it is another eye candy map of LotR, Volcano, Waterfall, Trigger Guide, Tutorial or collection of battle sounds, in other words not new. Originally the fifth category was creativity; but to close to novelty to have an extra category, best to rate novelty together with creativity if possible and when you feel that novelty does not apply, you can well replace it with creativity. The four categories are of equal importance for the overall rating of a utility.

Mod Packs
A MPS is mainly an item for the player, which has a limited use for designers; keep this in mind when you rate mod pack scripts for USEFULNESS/NOVELTY and QUALITY/INSTRUCTIONS. The main categories are usefulness and quality for the overall rating of a MPS; use novelty and instructions to correct the category rating. Still, for a perfect rating the MPS has to excel in all four categories.

AI-files
The first question to ask is what is the AI intended to do and how well does it perform in that specific area. There are AI-files developed for scenario design, as trainer, for specific maps, for death match, as tournament AI, defensive or aggressive files, for water maps or land maps only. If the AI-file is developed for AoK test it only playing AoK. To rate an AI from your own playing experience against it might be biased unless it cheats. Cheating AI-files, as forbidden for tournaments, are meant to play against human players. A good indication to test a non cheating AI is against the standard AI. If its performance compares to the standard one, it is average and its minimum rating a 3. Rate the AI-file according to its time, many AI-files were developed to beat another specific one, it would be unfair to knock off points of an AI developed in 2000 because it looses against a recent one.

Thread Reviewers (In order of no. of posted reviews):
marked *=official reviewer of HG.

208 Tanneur99*: RMS, Multiplayer, Mod Packs, Single Player, Utilities
-94 Lord_Fadawah: Multiplayer, AI-files, Single Player, Utilities
-37 rwilde: Single Player, Utilities
-24 RF_Gandalf*: RMS
-18 Berserker Jerker*: RMS, AI-files, Single Player
-18 Medieval Warfare: Single Player, Utilities
-14 Stephen Richards: Single Player
--6 Luke_Feanor: Single Player, Utilities
--5 Rangar: Single Player

Currently inactive Thread Reviewers (In order of time of inactivity):
13 Sceletar: Single Player, Utilities
21 AnastasiaKafka*: Single Player, Utilities
04 Chewmen_zak: Single Player, Utilities
11 WildCardDoW: Multiplayer, Mod Packs, Single Player
30 zyxomma100: Multiplayer, Single Player, Utilities
10 kevingamer prime: Multiplayer, Single Player, Utilities
91 BrandNewCar*: Single Player
25 Magnum Zero: RMS, Single Player, Utilities
04 nathbert: Mod Packs, Single Player, Utilities
06 King Joshua III: Single Player
12 DarckRedd: Multiplayer, Single Player

Luke Gevaerts started the review request thread 03/30/2002, some reviewers left or lost interest in the review process since then. The inactive list got long during the last months and took up too much space. I remove reviewers from the inactive list after 12 months of inactivity. We need more reviewers, active reviewers, and I hope that many return to reviewing again.

Find your name above and please post a review to become active again. If your name is not listed inactive anymore, your last review dates before 09/30/04. You can reenter the thread after one posted review only.

Review List
The below list consists of downloads recently rated by thread reviewers. Requests are marked R and will be added at the bottom of each list. Thread reviewers are free to review whatever they want, but should be aware that the designers at the top of each list are waiting the longest for a review. Items that have been reviewed at least once by a thread reviewer will be scrapped from the list after the review has left the "New Reviews" section, unless a second opinion is requested.

Campaigns:
R Lonely Singing Angel v1-0a, by paladin_maker0, No Reviewer
R Reign of Wolves(English Version!), Khan Ivayl; Reviewer: Berserker Jerker
R Reign of Wolves(German Version!), Khan Ivayl; Reviewer: Tanneur99
R The Pirate Outcast: The Campain, by jackdeathwish; Reviewer: Tanneur99
R The assault to the Rochelle, Rat del desierto; Stephen Richards 2.6
Byzantines vs. Huns v 1.00, by Suboai; rwilde 2.2
Teuton in Love, by oliver; rwilde 5.0
Oppenent Vs Siegfried (And marth?) (VERY FUNNY), by The_Follows; rwilde 3.4
RISK - Crusader, by King Bob VI; Rangar 4.4
Myth of Tomorrow - Teaser, by paladin-makr0; Rangar 4.6
The Adventures of Sir Asterix, by Tzekel_Kan; Tanneur99 2.2
R HCC - Athelstan, Emperor of the World of Britain, by Stephen Richards; Reviewer: Luke_Feanor, Tanneur99

Single Player:
R Run, homer, Run 1.0, by terrythewhite; on hold until edited
R Eye Candy City Template, by HeroPatrick; No Reviewer
R LOAM 2, by jackdeathwish; Reviewer: Tanneur99
R The Defence 2 - Black Opening, by Peej; No Reviewer
Naval Warfare - Pisa And Genoa (1284), by pinoyballa; rwilde 1.6
Theoderic the Goth, by Joan of Florida; Tanneur99 3.0
R Siege of Viena, by pepin yeah0; Reviewer: Stephen Richards 3.0
The Partisans, by gaston; rwilde 3.2

Multiplayer:
R Middle Earth Reloaded, by ax_man1; No Reviewer
R World Map_Kings and Empires v 0.1, by Highlander_FFS; No Reviewer
R Wrath of the Gods, by Era Productions; No Reviewer
R Forgotten RPG, by sSc_Cobra007; No reviewer
R Helm's Deep - Control the Monuments, by BIHSting; No Reviewer
R Project K, by Polemistis, No Reviewer
R Battle of Agincourt, by sSc_Cobra007; No Reviewer
R R-A-V-E-N's War game, by ACR4V3N; No Reviewer
R Undead 3 [Massacre], by aka the Pilot; No Reviewer

AI Files:
Ultimate RPG AI, by Jedi Master Bryl; Berserker Jerker 2.0
Projectile Detection, by Jedi Master Bryl; Berserker Jerker 3.0
Taunt Detector, by paul the ewok; Berserker Jerker 3.0

Mod Packs:
R rUiNs oF bLoOd Modpack, by DarckRedd; Reviewer: AnastasiaKafka
R Sacred Entrance, by The X King; No Reviewer

RMS:
R The Hunted, by Magnum Zero; No Reviewer

Utilities:
Aoc Recgame Manager ver0.2, by bari; Lord_Fadawah 5.0
Age of Empires & Age of Kings Campaign Manager, by Lloyd Kinsella; Medieval Warfare 5.0
AoK-TC Night Scenes, by Berserker Jerker; rwilde5.0

Updates
Please edit your review after an update. A designer can ask for the removal of all reviews after an update if he feels that they do not represent the actual version of his submission. Reviews that address issues that are fixed, altered, ameliorated do not serve the visitors of our site. A review has to be a valuable tool for the designer and the downloader.

Recent updates, reviews to edit (In order of date of the update):

02/16/05 Battle of Falkirk, by sSc_Cobra007; Reviewer: Sceletar
02/17/05 Run, homer, Run 1.0, by terrythewhite; Reviewer: Medieval Warfare
02/18/05 Maldon, 991 AD, by Exar; Reviewer: nathbert
03/26/05 ~The War of ~TROY~, by Sceletar; Reviewer: Ruler of Hell, WildcardDow, Leinad le Grand
06/23/05 Hrolf's Adventure (Updated), by GeodesicDragon; Reviewer:rwilde
06/27/05 Siege of the White City,by WhiteTreePaladin; Reviewer: King Bob VI
07/07/05 Siege of Gondor ver 2.1, by AmericanIdiot14; Reviewer: rwilde
07/09/05 Lonely Singing Angel v2-0b (Update:7/10), by paladin_maker0; Reviewer ThUnDeR77

This is the review request thread, I cannot consider review requests posted in other threads of the SD forum or other forums of the Age of Kings Heaven Forums, nor can I consider posts of reviewers in these threads or forums announcing that they review one of the requests of the review request thread. The same applies, but is not limited to posts of designers informing that a certain reviewer will review their work unless the reviewer posts his promise in this thread.

Review Thread History

Hall of Fame
64 clayperboy

500 posts: http://aok.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/aokcgi/display.cgi?action=ct&f=4,28445,,all
288 posts: http://aok.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/aokcgi/display.cgi?action=ct&f=4,29072,,all
150 posts: http://aok.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/aokcgi/display.cgi?action=ct&f=4,29802,,all

938 total plus 2392 below = 3330.

[This message has been edited by Tanneur99 (edited 11-09-2005 @ 09:21 PM).]

Replies:
posted 12-16-02 02:57 AM CT (US)     36 / 2500  
@ Luke

Nice sig I can deduct that Kyrill van der Weij is part of the same chain of e-mails wandering around the globe.

I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.
--Frank Sinatra

The problem with some people is that when they aren't drunk, they're sober.
--William Butler Yeats

An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools.
--Ernest Hemingway

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.
--Ernest Hemingway

You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on.
--Dean Martin

Drunk is feeling sophisticated when you can't say it.
--Anonymous

No animal ever invented anything as bad as drunkenness - or as good as drink.
--G.K. Chesterton

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.
--Catherine Zandonella

Abstainer: a weak person who yields to the temptation of denying himself a pleasure.
--Ambrose Bierce

Reality is an illusion that occurs due to lack of alcohol.
--Anonymous

Drinking provides a beautiful excuse to pursue the one activity that truly gives me pleasure, hooking up with fat hairy girls.
-- Ross Levy

A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to
thank her.

What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch?
--W.C. Fields

Beauty lies in the hands of the beer holder.
--Anonymous

If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs.
--David Daye

Work is the curse of the drinking classes.
--Oscar Wilde

When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.
--Henny Youngman

Life is a waste of time, time is a waste of life, so get wasted all of the time and have the time of your life.
--Michelle Mastrolacasa

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy.
--Tom Waits

24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence?
--Stephen Wright

When we drink, we get drunk. When we get drunk, we fall asleep. When we fall asleep, we commit no sin. When we commit no sin, we go to heaven. Sooooo, let's all get drunk, and go to heaven...
--Brian O'Rourke

You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer.
--Frank Zappa

Always remember that I have taken more out of alcohol than alcohol has taken out of me.
--Winston Churchill

He was a wise man who invented beer.
--Plato

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
--Benjamin Franklin

If you ever reach total enlightenment while drinking beer, I bet it makes beer shoot out your nose.
--Deep Thought, Jack Handy

Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza.
--Dave Barry

The problem with the world is that everyone is a few drinks behind.
--Humphrey Bogart

Why is Australian beer served cold? So you can tell it from urine.
--David Moulton

Give me a woman who loves beer and I will conquer the world.
--Kaiser Wilhelm

I would kill everyone in this room for a drop of sweet beer.
--Homer Simpson

Not all chemicals are bad. Without chemicals such as hydrogen and oxygen, for example, there would be no way to make water, a vital ingredient in beer.

I drink to make other people interesting.
--George Jean Nathan

All right, brain, I don't like you and you don't like me - so let's just do this and I'll get back to killing you with beer.
--Homer Simpson

posted 12-16-02 02:36 PM CT (US)     37 / 2500  
Hello! Could anyone review my campaign? It's ID. 1134, "The Viking Saga (From Norway to Vinland)". It's my first campaign and I would like to know how good it is (or how bad ). I'm a newbie on this and a review would be very important for me. By the way, perhaps some scenarios crash the game. I think I solved this problem but it wasn't easy. Please tell me if this happens (and a solution would also be welcome )-Thanks.

[This message has been edited by tejon (edited 12-16-2002 @ 02:38 PM).]

posted 12-19-02 08:56 AM CT (US)     38 / 2500  
I still check this forum at least weekly looking for requests for RMS reviews. If you want to add my name to the list of reviewers, for RMS only please, I will be glad to check this list regularly. I will get all RMS reviews requested done, but no guarantee as to promptness! I am an 'official AOKHeaven reviewer' for RMS, and have 25 RMS reviews posted to date.

[This message has been edited by RF_Gandalf (edited 12-19-2002 @ 09:04 AM).]

posted 12-19-02 11:10 AM CT (US)     39 / 2500  
@ RF_Gandalf

Thank you very much.

posted 12-19-02 04:58 PM CT (US)     40 / 2500  
@tannuer: i saw your review...do you think it would be a good idea for me to go back and try to add some things? i have some good ideas i think would work. I'm glad you saw the "cheat islands".

The ship comes off a timer when you complete the 2 objectives. Should I shorten the timer length?

posted 12-20-02 11:08 AM CT (US)     41 / 2500  
@ LKS_Lawngnome

First you could satisfy my curiosity. Was the date, the 12th of June 1423 according to the Gregorian or Islamic calendar?

On a side note, I really loved the comment after I did “cheese steak jimmy’s” in order to let the fight of the champions run. I learned something, even though it was six against six with the same HP, 4 of the orange survived due to the fact that 2 orange attacked one grey in the beginning, while each grey attacked one orange. The AP’s don’t simply add they are raised by a certain factor.

Regarding your question I wrote in the review: “Try a story; launch the arrival of the boat with a trigger, timed after the last enemy unit is killed. Give more and stronger enemies so that the player has to use different tactics. Make the food system harder and add more things to explore in the middle and the north of the map.”

You definitely should “add some things”. The two objectives are done in the first five minutes in the game. I do not think that it is enough to shorten the timer, related to the two objectives. A player could go around the island starting east, which would start the timer only at the end of the game, when all enemies are killed and still be too long. Put the trigger for the ship when the enemy has less than X+1 units left, X being the amount of units on the “cheat islands” +1 (explosive unit, not everybody might fall into that trap like me ). To be sure that the two objectives are done before that, you can place two timed triggers that kill castaway if he did not fulfil the objectives. 1. “You were the prey to wild animals in your sleep.” (4 min. of game) 2. “You died with thirst.” (8 min. of game) All of this depends of course what you will add. Some challenge and a story would be nice.

posted 12-20-02 11:15 AM CT (US)     42 / 2500  
Ralf those beer comments are hilarious! .
posted 12-20-02 05:43 PM CT (US)     43 / 2500  
LOL... did you look those up, Tanneur?
posted 12-20-02 06:39 PM CT (US)     44 / 2500  
@ BrandNewCar

Thank you. BTW do you have any information about the next update of the News Archives? For my review of AS Britain Lays Bleeding I used a quote from your blacksmith features.

@ Aro

Oh no… I got them by e-mail from one of my Dutch friends. I guess that is why Luke had one of them in his sig. Some years ago I read about a research about the origins of jokes. The result was that most of them are done by brokers, who sit the whole day watching the screen and follow all the stock markets around the globe. The broker attaches the joke to his orders and any joke makes it around the globe in less than a day.

posted 12-20-02 07:17 PM CT (US)     45 / 2500  
About the calendar... I just made up a random date in the 1400s
posted 12-21-02 09:26 PM CT (US)     46 / 2500  
344 The Editorbuilder: Trigger Trick List v2.0

Reviewed:4.5

Good show The Editorbuilder!
Please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns about my Review.

"I take it that this is the Anastasia Scud pines for?" - Epic Commander
"What Ana said. Use sugar and the whip." - aka the Pilot
"I think you will realize the emphasis was on Ana and Cake." - Monk

[This message has been edited by AnastasiaKafka (edited 12-21-2002 @ 09:36 PM).]

posted 12-21-02 09:27 PM CT (US)     47 / 2500  
@Tannuer

Can you add me to the review list? I am LKS_Lawngnome.

Thanks

No. Bad Jarl. Bad Bad Jarl. NO Penis ASCII.
-Andy.
posted 12-22-02 05:45 AM CT (US)     48 / 2500  
@ KeLar

You are on the list under the identity of CoRk_Lawngnome. I can not list you twice and there is no review under the name of KeLar.

Will you review under the name of KeLar in the future?

posted 12-22-02 10:25 AM CT (US)     49 / 2500  

Quote:

Will you review under the name of KeLar in the future?

I plan on it.

-Andy.
posted 12-28-02 04:38 AM CT (US)     50 / 2500  
I'd like to request a review for my Utility (ID# 350)

\\- Realistic Eroded Rivers -\\

+----------+ Completed Projects +----------+
//- Realistic Eroded Rivers -//
+----------+ Projects in Progress +----------+
[-+ Age of Kings Heaven Communal Campaign +-]

posted 12-29-02 02:25 AM CT (US)     51 / 2500  
Utility review for 'Battle Tournament!' by Magic_Amazon ID 292 complete.
Review Score- 2.5

» Your attractive master.
» "Because I before E is a LIE!!!"
posted 12-29-02 05:48 AM CT (US)     52 / 2500  
As far as I know when Angel Thunder went he didn't pass on the news archives stored. Thus making it very hard to get them back. .
posted 12-29-02 09:19 AM CT (US)     53 / 2500  
@ Aro

Good review. Why the names change from Dark_Aro to Aro?

@ BNC

Thank you. So there is still hope, as “very hard” is not impossible.

posted 12-30-02 08:55 PM CT (US)     54 / 2500  
eh i would lk a review

Multi ID=1182 Koth Blood

I think its good and its origanal

Hoping to get discovered. I uploaded in August(02) and i have 62 dwnloads iz that good? N e way if you can review it that would help alot

thnx Youro_Hawks

posted 12-30-02 09:22 PM CT (US)     55 / 2500  
@ Youro_hawks

It is up. We really need people to review Multiplayer.

Not many downloads, really. Why do you think people should download? Certainly not if they are confronted with a blank author's description page.

A little text helps often more than a review.

posted 12-31-02 11:20 AM CT (US)     56 / 2500  
Hi everybody!
Could somebody make a review of my last campaign : The revenge of the Templars v.2 ?
It´s ID 1145 (but be sure to review the last version, the version v.2, the others had little bugs)
posted 12-31-02 08:09 PM CT (US)     57 / 2500  
xavill:

I planned to review 'The Revenge of The Templars,' and so look for a review within a week.

"I take it that this is the Anastasia Scud pines for?" - Epic Commander
"What Ana said. Use sugar and the whip." - aka the Pilot
"I think you will realize the emphasis was on Ana and Cake." - Monk
posted 01-03-03 01:09 AM CT (US)     58 / 2500  
I am sorry for my recent inactivity, but I am ready to review scenarios again. You may want tp send me a few reminders though, due to the fact that I may forget my post tomorrow.

Hopefully, reviewing should renew my interest in AoK again, when I have time for reviewing.

"Einstein is a fool." - Schrodinger
"The way to chastity is not to struggle with incontinent thoughts but to avert the thoughts by some employment, or by reading, or by meditating on other things, or by conversation. " - Sir Isaac Newton
CC | AoPS | M-W | PF | SSP | OCW | IBS | KCLS | CB
"We must believe that we are gifted for something, and that this something, at whatever cost, must be attained" - Marie Curie
"I was taught that the way of progress is neither swift nor easy" - Marie Curie
posted 01-03-03 03:12 PM CT (US)     59 / 2500  
I'll try and review the Viking Saga sometime...
posted 01-03-03 03:35 PM CT (US)     60 / 2500  
@ Silent Ninja

Thank you, nice to read from you again.

@ Tonto_Simfish

Welcome back, for which review can I put you down?

posted 01-03-03 04:58 PM CT (US)     61 / 2500  
I'll review something sometime this week.

-Andy.

[This message has been edited by KeLar (edited 01-03-2003 @ 05:17 PM).]

posted 01-03-03 05:27 PM CT (US)     62 / 2500  
I reviewed Trees on water by Cespenar.

Review here.

-Andy.
posted 01-03-03 05:35 PM CT (US)     63 / 2500  
KeLar, you do not need to tell every review you do. Just the ones for the thread.

» Your attractive master.
» "Because I before E is a LIE!!!"
posted 01-03-03 06:54 PM CT (US)     64 / 2500  
Oh.

-Andy.
posted 01-04-03 00:31 AM CT (US)     65 / 2500  

Quote:

Welcome back, for which review can I put you down?

There are quite a few choices out there, so I am currently indecisive as in which scenario to review. If someone really wants their scenario reviewed quickly, then please select a scenario for me to review. However, please be aware that it can take up to a few weeks for me to review a scenario. First of all, I tend to play a scenairo over and over again for a few times, to check for any inappropriate first opinions, as well as for bugs. Multiplayer scenarios may even take longer, since it does take time for me to host a scenario for more players.

EDIT: I'll actually try to review "Capture Blood" by DiabloNight. There are no lack of SP reviewers, but I'm the only multiplayer reviewer here, so perhaps you could assign me to review multiplayer scenarios only.

"The way to chastity is not to struggle with incontinent thoughts but to avert the thoughts by some employment, or by reading, or by meditating on other things, or by conversation. " - Sir Isaac Newton
"We must believe that we are gifted for something, and that this something, at whatever cost, must be attained" - Marie Curie

[This message has been edited by Tonto_Simfish (edited 01-04-2003 @ 00:33 AM).]

posted 01-04-03 01:35 AM CT (US)     66 / 2500  
Well, I try to do my own "informal" Multiplayer reviews at MCSN whenever I have time.

Btw, nice to see you around, Simfish.

EDIT: I just got an idea, why don't you join MCSN? Gives us more members, and gives you more players.

CRYSTALCROWN

Play OnlineBecause you really can't gloat about beating the computer.
Learn the FlushSo you don't lose every game in under 20 minutes.

It's not a post count; it's making your posts count.

[This message has been edited by CrystalCrown (edited 01-04-2003 @ 01:37 AM).]

posted 01-04-03 05:56 AM CT (US)     67 / 2500  
A-argh!!

It's a B&D... I got bored after the first level so I can only post a review of the first scenario

From what I played before I fell asleep, I can remember playing a map where you and your villies are indestructible, your only enemies are "hermits" who are probably there just to stop yourself automatically winning, as well as a couple 25HP wolves, the only terrains are Snow Grass and Snow Pine, with a bit of normal grass that has EXOTIC PLANTS NEXT TO SNOW , and after 30-40 minutes of game time my enemy resigned and I won. I unzipped the AI to the right places.

Take me off for it, I couldn't review it without being biased on the fact it is impossible to lose!!

posted 01-04-03 05:58 AM CT (US)     68 / 2500  
Alright, I'll review Obsidian Warriors, and I hope I can expect a scenario which isn't boring, being from Al_Kharn...
posted 01-04-03 06:00 AM CT (US)     69 / 2500  
@ Tonto_Simfish

Quote: "There are no lack of SP reviewers, but I'm the only multiplayer reviewer here, so perhaps you could assign me to review multiplayer scenarios only."

Actually all sorts of reviews are lacking. It takes too long for most of the requests to be reviewed. The thread reviewer chooses which kind of scenarios he reviews. I just add to the name of what he/she has done so far to give other forumers an idea where he is needed and designers what to expect from the thread. Question: Is it mandatory to host a scenario fore more players? Would a review for Multiplayer, based on a game against the computer, be biased?

@ CrystalCrown

Quote: "Well, I try to do my own "informal" Multiplayer reviews at MCSN whenever I have time."

Are the test results of MCSN uploaded somewhere?

posted 01-04-03 11:04 AM CT (US)     70 / 2500  

Quote:

Btw, nice to see you around, Simfish.

EDIT: I just got an idea, why don't you join MCSN? Gives us more members, and gives you more players.

Thank you for the invitation, but...

I have been thinking about joining MCSN, and multiplayer custom scenarios have been some of my favorite parts about this game. However, the problem is, that I'm currently overloaded with projects, and if I spend too much time playing custom scenarios, then I'll be procrastinating my projects and as a result of procrastination, I won't get a good night's sleep whent he project due date approaches, and I won't get a good grade on my project, since when you're under heavy stres working on a project on the last day before the project is due, then you're staying up for quite a lot of the night, and you're not a very effective worker when you're extremely tired.

May I ask if it is alright if I'm not very active in MCSN? I could play a few games, but just remember that I'm not supposed to participate in MCSN too much, or else I may fail to complete the projects that I have to work on for school.

Quote:

Actually all sorts of reviews are lacking. It takes too long for most of the requests to be reviewed. The thread reviewer chooses which kind of scenarios he reviews. I just add to the name of what he/she has done so far to give other forumers an idea where he is needed and designers what to expect from the thread.

Alright, but from what I see in this thread, there really aren't any multiplayer scenario reviewers according to the list, so I feel that it is my duty to review multiplayer scenarios until someone else can come in and help me review multiplayer scenarios. But, I do have a question.. Do some people review scenarios after a MCSN? Maybe some new scenarios from people awaiting a review are played for a MCSN, and then reviewed, but I have not read the thread thoroughly yet. However, I will read it soon after posting this post.

Quote:

Question: Is it mandatory to host a scenario fore more players?

I'm very sorry if I didn't understand your sentence completely, but can you please redefine it? Do you mean is it mandatory to host a scenario for more players as in hosting a multiplayer scenario for players whom are not the computer players? Or do you mean something else?

Quote:

Would a review for Multiplayer, based on a game against the computer, be biased?

Whenever you play a multiplayer game against the computer, you will almost always create a biased review. Why? The computer AI usually does not know what to do in a scenario, and your playing experience will be ruined when you play agaisnt a computer, which may result in a lower rating if you don't decide to play multiplayer in this scenario. However, while I recommend playing against other players in multiplayer scenarios at the full limit, if a scenario was obviously lacking in quality, then I wouldn't use it for multiplayer, since people would be angry at me for using a poor quality scenario in their game. But, when you don't play a multiplayer scenario with other players, you should do so only for the lowest quality of scenarios, like a scenario that has very few units, and virtually no detail at all.

Of course, a smurf name for yourself when playtesting a scenario could be used so that you won't earn contempt among the zoners. I would recommend one, since if zoners are constantly dissatisfied with your scenarios, then they won't come to your room to help you playtest your multiplayer scenario.

[This message has been edited by Tonto_Simfish (edited 01-04-2003 @ 11:08 AM).]

« Previous Page  1 2 3 4 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 72  Next Page »
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » Review Requests, about Reviewing and Tutorials
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames