Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Mithril Knight's Scenario Design Workshop
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
posted 07-14-12 11:33 PM CT (US)   
Welcome to my Workshop!

Take a look around and enjoy the visit.

What is this workshop you may ask... well. Keep reading, it's right below this sentence.

What is Mithril Knight's Scenario Design Workshop?

Well, since it's actually a fairly simple question. This is a special thread where I plan to show up all and each of my projects. Instead of spamming threads for each project I start to make, I said: "Well, why not use just one?"

And so we are here.

Codes

Status

PT : This project needs play-testers and/or is being play-tested.

Active: Currently being worked on.

On hiatus: Not working on it, but planning to do so in the future.

Released: The file is already available at the Blacksmith or is awaiting approval from the Administrator.

Scrapped: Will never be worked again.

Colors

Red: Campaign

Blue: Scenario

Green: Multiplayer Scenario (If I ever do one, of course)

Maroon: Other

Projects:

Alternate History of Americas

Iceland Wars: Carvagne

Oda Nobunaga: For a Unified Japan

Development: 66%

About: We all know the Kyoto scenario made by ES, but, what happened before? This campaign will tell you how Oda Nobunaga, the daimyo of a minor clan, raised to become the first and most important man in the unification of Japan, from his first years fighting off the Imagawa, to the battle of Anegawa, to the Mt. Hiei siege and much more.

Genre: Mixed, but mostly B&D.

Super Secret Project??? (What, the color? It's a secret, you dummy! No color yet.)

Development: ???

About: ???

Genre: ???

The Komnenian Restoration

Development: 45%

About: The Byzantine Empire was in shambles in 1081. A decade after Manzikert, it couldn't prevent all of Anatolia to fall to the Turkic invaders, it was going through a big economic crisis and corruption and political intrigue plagued the bureaucracy, as the nobility fought each other for the title of emperor. This is a campaign about how a dynasty fought to restore an empire that everyone assumed was about to disappear. This is the story of the Komnenian Restoration, the last golden age of the Byzantine Empire.

Genre: Mostly B&D.

Images

Alternate History of Americas

Teaser Image

History Section

A revolt that is being supressed

Mendoza through the forest

Welcome to Texcoco

Iceland Wars: Carvagne

1 - The Test

3 - Offense & Defense

5 - Homeland

6 - The Siege of Weltaarberg

Oda Nobunaga: For a Unified Japan

A Hard Year Approaches

Port Town

Nagoya Castle

Plotting?

A shot of Kyoto

Troops Assemble (HD)

Marching (HD)

Buddhist Temple

The Komnenian Restoration

Scenario 1:

Mountains
Constantinople

Scenario 2:

Pecheneg Camp
Sardica

Post and show your interest, compliments, etc. If you notice a PLAYTESTERS NEEDED banner in one of the projects, please subscribe to it.

Thank you.

►►►►Mithril Knight◄◄◄◄
My Works
¡Viva México!
My Coat of Arms

[This message has been edited by Mithril Knight (edited 06-27-2015 @ 12:20 PM).]

Replies:
posted 06-27-15 12:54 PM CT (US)     71 / 74  
Nice design! I'd only suggest to add a little elevation to each of those

~ Forgotten Empires ~

Storm on the Steppe | Galderton Hill RP | Proud member of Stormwind Studios

"Deyr fé, deyja frændr, deyr sjálfr it sama; ek veit einn at aldri deyr, dómr um dauðan hvern." - Hávamál 77.
posted 01-17-16 11:15 PM CT (US)     72 / 74  
Alright, time to dust off again...

I've gone and done lots of things these last few months, but this is the last time I'm bumping the Workshop, read more on that at the bottom section of this post.

First of all, I rebooted the Nobunaga project. I decided to re-do the whole thing and divide it into smaller, more manageable campaigns of 3 scenarios each. The project's at a halt right now, but the first batch of three is well over half-done and I may finish it when I get around it.

Here is an image I shared here on the forums some time ago, it's from the first scenario, showcasing Kiyosu Castle.

A few minor changes were done after the picture was taken, however, it still looks pretty much the same.

Second, the Komnenian Restoration. Right now, I'm struggling to continue it. The 4.0 Patch really messed up HD and then African Kingdoms made everythings much worse. I can't do a whole lot of things because the formatting changes screwed up the scenario I was working on, and though I have a back-up, I can't work on it for long before the game crashes on it and refuses to open it afterwards, so I'm putting the project on hold while the guys at Skybox get their sh*t together and start fixing HD.

Next, I have another campaign in the pipeline about Hernan Cortes. I'm halfway through with scenario designing, however, I'm having writer's block and can't find my way around the gameplay of the next scenario, so I can't go on. I like to plan my scenarios' gameplay before diving in, after all, and going head-on will do the scenario no good.

The campaign is planned as mainly B&D, with a few FF and RPG moments thrown in to mix things up a little here and there. I made custom AIs and explored ways of using AI scripting to reduce my reliance on triggerwork to the minimum, while also trying a few interesting things with the mechanics of the game and going in-depth with the how to emphasize the traits of the Spanish civilization and really make them shine.

While I try to get around the Cortez project, I've been working on that secret project I posted oh-so-long-ago on the Project list. I've been trying to get it right for a while without ever feeling it, but this time I've done some very good progress and I might even get it done this time around. This is my first multiplayer scenario, and I'll be putting up a thread for it very soon, since I don't think the Workshop can do it justice. And now that I'm on the matter of the Workshop thread...

I'll finally retire the Workshop and move everything out to their own threads. The idea of having a single large place where I could showcase everything seemed neat at the time, but I eventually realized that most of the projects I do end up having less exposure than I would like them to have. I don't feel many people even follow on the thread and, let's admit it, about half of the posts here are mine, with little feedback or none at all on the projects that I've been working on over time here, even though I'm always wanting to discuss my projects and hear feedback from the screenshots I put up, I want to improve but almost never hear a reply and that's honestly frustrating, since I'm very enthusiastic about AoK and scenario designing.

Another reason is that I feel this thread makes me a bit self-indulgent in leaving projects abandoned for later, so I can tinker with other things, making me more likely to jump here and there and never actually finish anything. I've always found that I have a big lack of drive to finish personal projects. I know I can get things done, and do them in a proper way, sometimes very fast, too, but I don't most of the time. That's why I'm proud of ever finishing that one novel I've written even though I can count on my fingers the number of people how have read even a part of it, because it was a great undertaking that took a lot of time and I managed to write down "The End" on it. When I did that, I felt like I had achieved something great, it took me a whole year to write that novel, but in the end I finished, I made myself go back and continue, and that's something I never do with my scenarios, especially ever since started this thread and jumped from one project to another, never getting something done. I always abandoned projects due to technical reasons before, but no I have no such problems and I still do that and that's not right, I need to focus and start getting things down, by one by one.

So, I'll close off this post by saying farewell to this thread. I'll let it sink down and do not intend on picking it back up. Expect project threads popping up from me for my multiple projects in the future. And all of you who went through the trouble of reading my ramblings here on and off, thank you very much and I hope you can provide me with the help to improve as a scenario designer every day.

So long! It's time for the workshop to close, and see you around in the forums!

►►►►Mithril Knight◄◄◄◄
My Works
¡Viva México!
My Coat of Arms
posted 01-18-16 04:24 AM CT (US)     73 / 74  
Honestly even with having a thread just for my project Time of Tea I still find myself double-posting when I do make an update, and not getting much feedback at all.

Time of Tea
Still in the Dark Age
Don't be a melodramatic clown. ~Mr Wednesday
posted 01-18-16 10:27 AM CT (US)     74 / 74  
I've noticed that as well with my latest project (the Galderton Hill RP map), though I'll be optimistic and tack it up to the fact that the interest in MP scenarios at AoKH is significantly lower than that in SP scenarios.

It's a major reason why I try to be so active in others' project threads, though, because it helps a lot to see that other people are interested in your work.

~ Forgotten Empires ~

Storm on the Steppe | Galderton Hill RP | Proud member of Stormwind Studios

"Deyr fé, deyja frændr, deyr sjálfr it sama; ek veit einn at aldri deyr, dómr um dauðan hvern." - Hávamál 77.
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » Mithril Knight's Scenario Design Workshop
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames