You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design and Discussion
Moderated by Sebastien, Mr Wednesday

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: HOW TO: Play Old Classic Custom Scenarios on Age Of Empires II : HD Edition
posted 04-07-13 08:14 PM CT (US)   
Hello all! I went about making a quick tutorial on how to play old favorites like Castle Blood, Mini CB, Smosh, Tower Defense, UDP, etc.

The process is fairly straight forward, but here is a guide nonetheless

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Kh5lfkwvNg&list=PLfq8ylsSgyWcwie9S9jYMvHpSf0HbKalu&index=2
Replies:
posted 04-07-13 08:29 PM CT (US)     1 / 27  
I didn't mean what I posted here. I was being a dick for no reason, didn't give you a chance, etc, etc.

Proud owner of Splash Splash XLIV: Leave it there for someone to find, Which is on record for being the fastest thread to reach 2500 posts - which was completed in 28 hours and 17 minutes, from start to finish!
Yeah, the republican party is pretty much one big schizophrenic ball of contradictions nowadays. - Ax_man1
double post for milestone, then relentlessly bash on the community for the hell of it... stay classy thymole. - Lurker

[This message has been edited by Sir Coquenbolls (edited 04-07-2013 @ 09:53 PM).]

posted 04-07-13 09:17 PM CT (US)     2 / 27  
CK, my respect for you is diminishing exponentially already.

In all seriousness, please CHILL. He just registered today, don't scare him out - even if he actually happened to be advertising.

Huh. Nevermind.

"Seriously, if human stupidity could be used as a source of power wed already be a class-III civilization and our rockets wouldve reached Andromeda by now."
« Cliffs! (4.5) »

["The prequels were great. They had some unironic high moments, laughable low points, and a cornucopia of memes. The sequels are just porridge and white noise." -Some internet rando.]

[This message has been edited by Lurkur (edited 04-08-2013 @ 12:14 PM).]

posted 04-07-13 09:48 PM CT (US)     3 / 27  
it's an explanation on how to download workshop files. while I guess it has to be done for those few dunces who can't do it themselves, this is his first post and it's advertising his youtube video. I appreciate his work and that he took the time to do this (I should say, his video editing skills are far superior to mine)

let me rephrase my previous comment: This is a decent video with superior editing, and I will be looking at your channel for more content - but posting this here is unnecessary, and to me seems as if you are asking for free views. I also feel as if the title of the video insinuates that there is some gimmick that needs to be used to make the files work properly. I don't mean to be rude, and am sorry if you posted this here trying to help someone legitimately - and I applaud that goal - if this is the case, I didn't mean what I said above. (I only mean it if you are a view whore )

Proud owner of Splash Splash XLIV: Leave it there for someone to find, Which is on record for being the fastest thread to reach 2500 posts - which was completed in 28 hours and 17 minutes, from start to finish!
Yeah, the republican party is pretty much one big schizophrenic ball of contradictions nowadays. - Ax_man1
double post for milestone, then relentlessly bash on the community for the hell of it... stay classy thymole. - Lurker
posted 04-08-13 10:28 AM CT (US)     4 / 27  
Sorry for offending anyone...

I used to hang around on the heaven forums all the time on a different account, mainly for Age of Mythology. I would have posted on that account to perhaps have a little bit more...legitimacy? among people around here if I could remember my old account information, it was years ago.

But as I lost my copies of the Age games, I stopped having a reason to come here.

I realize that the process was pretty easy in the video. But even if something is easy, if you don't know where to start looking, it can be difficult to figure it out for a first timer.

As for the title, I tried to make a title with key words that someone would type in to the search bar if they wanted to play the old maps but didn't know what the steam workshop was capable of.

Once again, sorry for offending anyone..

[This message has been edited by SwingPoynt (edited 04-08-2013 @ 10:35 AM).]

posted 04-08-13 10:31 AM CT (US)     5 / 27  
Hey, it's a nice guide for people who might not know how to get the maps!
posted 04-08-13 10:38 AM CT (US)     6 / 27  
yeah, as I said I judged you harshly before looking more closely at your channel.

posted 04-08-13 11:28 AM CT (US)     7 / 27  
Thanks for the video, is the first time i use Steam and i was really lost.

Keep it up with the good work to help the AoKH community, take care!
posted 04-08-13 02:33 PM CT (US)     8 / 27  
Awesome bro! I subbed you. You should make more AoE2 videos.
posted 04-08-13 02:52 PM CT (US)     9 / 27  
Awesome bro! I subbed you. You should make more AoE2 videos.
Awesome bro!
bro
posted 04-08-13 03:01 PM CT (US)     10 / 27  
Come at me, bro!

D E V A S T A T O R
Paradise Lost ~ Scored 1st in the ACSC12! ~ Voted Best Cinematic Scenario of 2013 ~ Official Rating: 4.7
Demon Town ~ Scored 1st in the HHC11! ~ "...as unique as an AoK scenario can get." - Panel ~ Official Rating: 4.2

Proud Member of BlackForestStudios
My AoE2 Youtube Channel
posted 04-08-13 03:40 PM CT (US)     11 / 27  
Oh God, my sides xD. I fucing love cyanide and happiness!
posted 04-09-13 11:56 AM CT (US)     12 / 27  
Hahaha I love the comic.

I'm thinking about making more AOE2 videos, any ideas on what you would like to see?
posted 04-09-13 03:21 PM CT (US)     13 / 27  
Anything actually. I honestly would like to see something new.
posted 04-09-13 05:24 PM CT (US)     14 / 27  
some scenario walkthroughs of stuff like Lord Basse's gwyndlegard or something.

posted 04-09-13 05:29 PM CT (US)     15 / 27  
yeah i would like to see the bro's around here helping you make videos about the use of age and turtle pack, just as an easier way of learning what i have missed before in those programs?? that one would be really usefull bro!
posted 04-09-13 09:00 PM CT (US)     16 / 27  
Oh I'd be down to do that. I'd need your guys help though, Perhaps some skype calls. I don't know much about those things either and I'm SUPER rusty on my scenario games like CBA.
posted 04-09-13 10:19 PM CT (US)     17 / 27  
I'd be perfectly willing to help with some map/scenario design stuff. email's in my profile (this button: ) above my posts.

posted 04-10-13 06:32 AM CT (US)     18 / 27  
I can assist with scenario design/triggers. Mail is in my profile. A modding tutorial on youtube would be great, but I have very little experience with it, so I can't help with that
posted 04-10-13 11:15 AM CT (US)     19 / 27  
I could help with the data editing, but there are people here that are better at it.

posted 04-10-13 01:32 PM CT (US)     20 / 27  
it does not matter if there are people knowing more than you; just set an easy goal how to add a new unit with age and how to add the new slp's and their corelation with the data id; than how to add a new civilisation, how to make higher elevations...and so on simple but accurate, and always in high resolution so we can see the buttons.
posted 04-10-13 02:09 PM CT (US)     21 / 27  
Yeah, I agree on the civ idea. :S
posted 04-10-13 03:19 PM CT (US)     22 / 27  
I don't think it'll be possible for age2 HD though.
posted 04-10-13 03:55 PM CT (US)     23 / 27  
Damn.
posted 04-11-13 05:29 PM CT (US)     24 / 27  
If you guys are interested in doing something sometime regarding the ideas you guys brought up, add me on skype: swingpoynt

Life has been ridiculously busy lately. So I'm sorry for not cranking out some of your suggestions. Between college, work, side jobs, and planning out my summer months, I'm swamped.

I'll have to do a bit of learning with scenario editing, personally I never put much time into learning it before.

@DJeronimo, I fully agree with making them simple and the quality high, nothing is more frustrating than watching a tutorial and not being able to see anything. I tried doing that with the one I posted here.
Did you feel like the video quality was high enough? I made the bit rate enormous and sent it in at youtube native HD resolution of 1280x720. I also added sharpening effects to make it more clear since youtube makes things a bit fuzzy with it's compression software.
posted 04-11-13 05:44 PM CT (US)     25 / 27  
youtube offers an option for "original" quality. what does that mean? no compression?

posted 04-12-13 02:12 AM CT (US)     26 / 27  
I believe original quality means resolutions beyond 1920x1080
posted 04-12-13 04:21 AM CT (US)     27 / 27  
the video quality is perfect, swingpoint. also i recommend doing short "how to do"-s. do not invest much time in a single huge video; always a short made and posted on youtube, another time, another short one and posted, this is more than a huge unfinished one...best, jerry
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » HOW TO: Play Old Classic Custom Scenarios on Age Of Empires II : HD Edition
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames