You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design and Discussion
Moderated by Sebastien, Mr Wednesday

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Project: Treat (In lack of a better name)
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 07-31-14 06:43 AM CT (US)   

A multiplayer game of intrigue, bartering, diplomacy and trade. For between 5 to 7 players

By: Lildbehr

Idea:
The idea of this project was to create a different type of playing. One that doesn't include you building anything. But instead trade and conspire against other players. The idea came from an old board game I played some years ago, named Junta. It's basically a game of power where you try, using diplomacy and military action, to take as much money from your good for nothing "Banana Republic" and put in you Swiss bank account.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Gameplay:
Your goal, as is all the others is to earn as much gold as possible. As simple as it sounds, this is where you need to use your all well-learned politeness to sway the opinion to your favour. There are six political positions that you can acquire, which are chosen by the king. Here follows a ranking of the positions:

King: Gets 3 votes, 10000G Appanage and The Royal Guard.

General: Gets 2 votes and control of the Army.

Commander: Gets 2 votes, Naval infantry and a trade cog.

Bishop: Gets votes x Relics. (Max 4) Can buy missionaries.

Steward: Gets 1 vote and two trade carts.

Constable: Gets 1 vote and controls the city guard.

Diplomat: No vote, but sells new troops to the others.

Further you have internal politics where every player can vote for his own agenda. (There are four different choices)
And example would be the General which has these four topics to vote on:

1. Raise War Taxes - 1000 gold from all players.
  2. Fight Highway Robbers - Better Land trade for Steward.
  3. Hire Mercenaries - Get 3 Soldiers (Cost: 1500 gold).
  4. Military Parade - +1 vote (Temporary)

Each round is played in this order:

1. First fight/Duel (Only in the first round or in the event of a duel happening.)
    This round is to determine whom to be the king for the coming round.

2. The king choose his staff. (Budget phase)
    After resolving either the first fight, the Election, the Coup or the Duel the new king picks his staff based on what they can offer him, in return for gold.

3. Internal Politics (All choose one topic of four. Except king who has six choices)
    During this round all players choose from four different topics. Each having a different effect on the game.

4. The King gather all subjects for one of three events: (Catapult Contest, Grand Hunt or Arena Battle.)
    These events all last for 10 minutes, making it so the trade units can gather a certain amount of income per round.

5. All players use their Vote for different options.
    Example: (Vote for next King, Start Coup d'etat or Challenge all to a duel of power.) (During this part you stack away gold.)

6. Resolve the above and start the next round with point 2.
    Resolving the different options is made through:
    1. Vote for next king: (Each player get one vote, which you can't put in for yourself.)
    2. Start a coup: The King, General, Commander, Bishop and constable fight for control of the throne. (The highest ranking player on the winning side becomes king.)
    3. Challenge to a duel: The first fight is replayed.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Progress:

RELEASED!

Screen-shots: Early in the making | Making the Catapult Competition | Testing the First battle | Using the new TS version | Voting for a Duel | Coup automaticly wins by gaining a total of 12 votes | Map Shot

Videos: Gameplay teaser

AN EVIL TONGUE IS A MAN'S BANE.
    (The above poster is right, did you know that?)
    Proud associate of Monsoon Studios

[This message has been edited by Little Berry (edited 04-23-2017 @ 05:28 AM).]

Replies:
posted 04-02-15 02:50 PM CT (US)     36 / 46  
This will be put on hiatus until further notice. It is has been playtested and does run well with UP. Will probably try to port it to HD in the near future.

posted 08-30-15 09:09 AM CT (US)     37 / 46  
Work on this has been resumed, I've ported the whole thing to AoF/AoAK and will release it once African kingdoms is out.
It will hopefully be possible to play it on ordinary HD as well.

posted 10-21-15 07:41 AM CT (US)     38 / 46  
QtyaFiya, what exact version of Junta were you looking for? Someone at my university is selling a really old version, I could ask if I can make a photo of the board.
posted 10-21-15 10:16 AM CT (US)     39 / 46  
To late JtL, I've already fixed it for him.

posted 10-21-15 11:40 AM CT (US)     40 / 46  
posted 12-12-15 07:48 AM CT (US)     41 / 46  
This is now uploaded on steam.

[This message has been edited by Lildbehr (edited 01-24-2016 @ 12:44 PM).]

posted 12-12-15 08:41 AM CT (US)     42 / 46  
I can play this perhaps tonight or tomorrow if you're available.
posted 12-12-15 09:07 AM CT (US)     43 / 46  
Sure, let's see if we have some better luck this time when we are on steam rather than "GameRaper"
Tomorrow evening sound better for me, kind of busy later today. Opening party at a friends new tattoo parlor.

[This message has been edited by Lildbehr (edited 12-12-2015 @ 09:09 AM).]

posted 01-24-16 08:30 AM CT (US)     44 / 46  
Playtest tonight at 9pm gmt (3pm east coast time). Be there or else!

posted 01-24-16 09:32 PM CT (US)     45 / 46  
was a cool round and varied, sad it stopped ingame but im sure once the bugs are sorted out people will have lot of fun with it.
if im avail im into another playtest round if there comes one.
posted 01-25-16 11:27 AM CT (US)     46 / 46  
Thanks Gag! Yeah, I'm kinda in the middle of making my entry to the DTS16 right now but after that I will try to improve it.

« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » Project: Treat (In lack of a better name)
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames