Moderated by Sebastien, Mr Wednesday

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Project: Age of Heroes
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
posted 09-02-14 06:48 PM CT (US)   

Multiplayer Testers Needed [WIP]
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The MOBA Mod
An entirely new game-mode for AoE

Download The Auto-Updater & Launcher
NOTE: THIS WILL NOT WORK IN SINGLE PLAYER MODE
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Description:

Age of Heroes is a multi-player (3v3) battle arena game inspired and based on popular titles such as DotA2 and LoL. In Age of Heroes you control one of 18 unique Heroes with battle and game-play being centered around the use of unique Hero powers, strategy and a great deal of teamwork. Each Hero has 4 special abilities and level-up entirely differently depending on who you pick! You can buy items to equip your Hero and make them stronger, combinations of items may unlock special item recipes allowing you to create varying different item build-orders.

Your goal is to destroy the enemy team's Ancient but first you'll have to take down the strong towers that protect it and face three other mighty Heroes who will stop at nothing to protect their Ancient and claim yours as their own!

Forget what you know about AoE, Age of Heroes will transport you into a whole new realm.

Features:
  • 18 Unique Heroes with 4 unique abilities each. (Heroes selected in the lobby screen)
  • Complex leveling system.
  • Purchasable items from the shop to increase Hero strength.
  • A complex item progression tree (Some items suit different Heroes better).
  • Hotkeys automatically set for the player (1= Select Hero. 2= Haste. 3= Health Potion. 4-7= Unique Hero Powers)
  • Dozens of exe modifications that will make you question if this is even the same engine any more.
  • Announcer.
  • Loads of sound effects.

• _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Map Overview
    Full Map Shot
    Spawn Area
    Center
    Side Lanes
    Shop
    Creep Fighting
    Level Relics

Game Modifications:
  • HP bars are shown on all units at all times.
  • Killing GAIA attributes a kill to the player.
  • Blast damage possible on all Heroes but Allies are immune.
  • Blacksmith serves as the shop, two pages of items to buy.
  • Possibility to spawn units at the location of a Hero anywhere on the map.
  • Detection of proximity between Heroes
  • Target abilities to a tile on the map and not only to a unit.
  • Various graphical changes.

• _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Heroes:
    Heroes have three attributes which determine what they excel at. These attributes are Strength, Agility & Dexterity, you can read more about what each one does further down. Each Hero starts with a different amount of these stats and every time they level-up their stats will increase. Heroes are selected in the lobby screen, instead of selecting a Civilization you now select a Hero and your selected Hero will spawn automatically at the start of the game.
    Heroes fulfill different roles and have various strengths and weaknesses, they all have 4 unique abilities which help them to complete these roles.
    Example Case -
    _________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Stormguard(Berserk)
    Role: Strength Hero | Durable | Pusher | Initiator
    Health - 255
    Attack - 24
    Reload Speed - 1.91
    Movement Speed - 1.47
    Armor - 2/2
    Each Level - Strength +29 | Agility +20 | Dexterity +12

Abilities:

(1) Shield Break (Active)
    Desc: Stormguard smashes the ground fracturing the armor that enemy Hero's are wearing.
    Effect: All enemy Hero's within 4 tiles of Stormguard are hit doing 40 damage and reducing armor by 2 for 5 seconds.
    Cooldown: 50s

(2) Flag of Conquest (Active)
    Desc: Flying the flag of conquest Stormguard rallies fellow Heroes together under a single banner.
    Effect: All Heroes gain +50HP for 40 seconds, after 40 seconds all HP buffs are removed.
    Cooldown: 180s

(3) Wild Frenzy (Active)
    Desc: Stormguard musters all of his strength and swings his axe in a wild frenzy, dealing huge damage to all who oppose him.
    Effect: Stormguard stops all attacks for 10 seconds before entering his frenzy. The frenzy lasts for 15 seconds and gives Stormguard a 10AP increase and reduces reload speed by 1.2.
    Cooldown: 260s

(4) Inner Strength (Passive)
    Desc: As Stormguard fights on his fallen foes raise his blood-lust and his inner strength.
    Effect: Every 10 kills that Stormguard gets he recieves a 20 second strength buff of +40 Strength.
    _________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    As you can tell, Stormguard is great at fulfilling his roles of being Durable, a Pusher and an Initiator. He is durable because he has high base health and high strength meaning that he will gain health and health regeneration quite quickly. His is great at pushing lanes or towers thanks to his ability Inner Strength which will buff his Health fairly often, combined with his Flag of Conquest ability Stormguard can boost his health significantly. Shield Break is a great initiation ability as it does a small amount of burst damage but also lowers armor, meaning that his team-mates may take advantage and do extra damage for the duration. Finally, Wild Frenzy which allows him to do a bunch of bonus damage to help push down some towers or even aid in a team fight if timed well.

Planned Hero Abilities: http://zeroempires.net/forum/topic435-aoh-complete-hero-power-list-wip.html
    Note: The abilities in the current version of AoH are temporary and will be changed before the Beta release.

Attributes:
    We have seen how attributes are applied to Heroes but what do they actually do?
    Strength
    Each 10 points = +8HP
    Each 165 points = 0.6* HP Regeneration speed
    Each 10 points = +1AP (Strength Heroes)

Agility
    Each 35 points = +1/1 Armor
    Each 10 Points = -0.01 Reload Speed
    Each 10 points = +1AP (Agility Heroes)

Dexterity
    Each 330 Points = +1 range
    Each 10 Points = +0.005 Movement Speed
    Each 10 points = +1AP (Desxterity Heroes)

Items:
    AoH has over 20 items already with more to be added. Items cost Gold and can be bought from five locations on the map. Each base has a shop at the rear and there is a side-lane shop in the top and bottom lanes. All of these shops sell the same items and are accessible by standing close to them. There are also two secret shops, one on each side of the river. These shops sell different items that may be a crucial part in the item tech tree.

Items may do various things such as increase the attributes of a Hero, directly buff stats or even give passive abilities such as the Orb of Slowing which we will use as a case example!
    Orb of Slowing
    Purchasable: Main Shop
    Effect:
    (1) (Passive) Slows any enemy Hero that is within 4 tiles of your Hero by 0.1.

(2) Increases Attributes:
  • Strength + 9
  • Agility +9
  • Dexterity +9
  • Attack Points +3

Costs: 380 Gold
    Requires: Bracer(85G), Hero's Charm (80G), Hide of Strength(65G) & Quiver of Speed (195G)
    Total Cost: 805G
    This is a really useful item if you're a slower moving Hero that has trouble dealing with escape Heroes, it will allow you to slow their attempts of escape and buy you some extra time to finish them off.

Creep:
    Definition: Creep are units that are not player controlled, they are controlled by AI but serve an important part in the game.
    Every 60 seconds a new wave of creep is born, 3 Long Swordsmen and 1 Crossbowman will be created in each lane and begin to travel along the lane until they meet resistance. Creep will fight eternally, sometimes pushing the lane forward and sometimes falling back to their nearest tower where the tower will cause equilibrium to be regained. The creep exist so that you may earn Gold and Experience (represented by food). Each kill that you earn on a creep will give you 2 Experience and 19 Gold.
    Creep will gain +2 AP and +5HP every 7 minutes ensuring that they are never too easy to kill!

More Coming Soon™

Credits:
    Map Design - EvilPotato
    Triggers & Data Editing: ZeroEmpires
    AI: Miggins
    Moddability: Userpatch
    Extensive Help: Cysion
    Testing: IdleBeaver, Miggins

[This message has been edited by RealZeroEmpires (edited 09-04-2014 @ 05:29 PM).]

• Replies:
    posted 09-02-14 08:38 PM CT (US)     1 / 88  
    Looks nice. The only thing I "dislike" is that for people who don't have time to coordinate with other players, the "doesn't work in single player" deal is really going to stink.

Otherwise, great game. I've been looking for a fun and new rpg-ish game.

"It looks like a huge shark just took a bite out of Excelsior's ass"-Colonel Kyle Riggs, Star Force: Storm Assault
    posted 09-02-14 08:54 PM CT (US)     2 / 88  
    Well, the entire game is designed around being Multiplayer. Unless someone makes a very advanced custom AI there would be no way for the other 5 Heroes to be controlled at all.. making the whole game kind of redundant.

Edit: It's probably worth noting that this is in no way an RPG either, it has a lot of replay-ability and the focus is on competitive play (Similar to how CBA and Roll The Dice are new "Game modes").

[This message has been edited by RealZeroEmpires (edited 09-02-2014 @ 08:56 PM).]

posted 09-03-14 07:21 AM CT (US)     3 / 88  
    Description:

Age of Heroes is a multi-player (3v3) battle arena game inspired and based on popular titles such as DotA2 and LoL
    Nope.

posted 09-03-14 07:26 AM CT (US)     4 / 88  
    Arnas, what's the idea behind that comment?

I like the project, it looks like a lot of fun. I'll try to get to play it some time.
    posted 09-03-14 07:29 AM CT (US)     5 / 88  
    Personally, I dislike LoL and DOTA. So I was joking, I'm not forcing ZE to stop or anything.

posted 09-03-14 07:32 AM CT (US)     6 / 88  
    Ah, ok. Your first comment left plenty of room for misunderstandings.
    posted 09-03-14 12:16 PM CT (US)     7 / 88  
    Haha I understand that many people here may not like DotA or Lol, you you can not ignore that fact that this style of game is the most popular "genre" in PC gaming at the moment.
    posted 09-03-14 12:30 PM CT (US)     8 / 88  
    One of the most popular...

It's great to see that you have finally finished it for testing. Some time ago you said this was going to be for AoE II HD compatible only, it is or it is not?
    posted 09-03-14 12:59 PM CT (US)     9 / 88  
    I've actually tried to make a Dota myself. Never finished it though.
    But in this, the terrain need a little more eye candy, maybe even two different terrain types for the two sides?

AN EVIL TONGUE IS A MAN'S BANE.
    (The above poster is right, did you know that?)
    Proud associate of Monsoon Studios
    posted 09-03-14 01:05 PM CT (US)     10 / 88  
    This seems like fun
    Look forward to play this some day.
    The only flaw i see at the moment is the map design, could i possibly help out?
    posted 09-03-14 01:52 PM CT (US)     11 / 88  
    @nhoobish_est : This is for AoC + UP, a lot of this stuff would simply not be possible in AoEHD unfortunately.

@Lildbehr : I agree that more eye candy is needed but the map design is not the focus at the moment, rather the functionality of the mod itself. Also, we must be very careful with the design so that there are not too many obstacles in the lanes. Nice pic though!

@Knaber : What map design suggestions do you have?
    posted 09-03-14 02:49 PM CT (US)     12 / 88  
    Hero level displayed as relics - wouldn't it be easier to just have 1 Relic and when clicked it would be named with the Hero current level?
    posted 09-03-14 02:51 PM CT (US)     13 / 88  
    @nhoobish_est : The leveling system was changed really recently and it used to require the relics to be placed the way they are now. However, I could certainly do it the way you suggest as well.

Your personal Hero level is displayed by your population at all times though, [HeroLevel]/20 < Like that.

[This message has been edited by RealZeroEmpires (edited 09-03-2014 @ 02:54 PM).]

posted 09-03-14 10:55 PM CT (US)     14 / 88  
    @ZeroEmpires a lot more terrain mixing and Eye candy. different trees instead of just plain pine-forest. different climate on the two halves of the map?
    posted 09-04-14 00:44 AM CT (US)     15 / 88  
    Yeah, the top should be more dark and evil looking whilst the bottom should be more lush and green that's for sure. I'd like to stress that eye candy should not prevent the Heroes from having easy movement though, I often find path-finding a pain int he ass in what I would call "over designed" scenarios.
    posted 09-04-14 04:45 AM CT (US)     16 / 88  
    Looks pretty cool, Zak! I've never played DotA or League of Legends, so if I play this it will be my first exposure to this type of gameplay.

__[]_________
    |||||||||||||||||
    The ||||||||||||||||| Hus
    OF | [/ \] |¯| [/ \] | ME
    ______________________________________________________________________________ |__ _ |¯|____|_______________________________________________________________________________
    The Relics of Athalën (5.0) | AoK Opus - 100,000+ downloads | StormWind Studios | "I consider the conversion of Basse to be one of the great triumphs of my modding crusade" - Matt LiVecchi
    posted 09-04-14 08:04 AM CT (US)     17 / 88  
    As far as eyecandy goes, I think you should atleast make a smooth well designed terrain, the editor eyecandy objects are not always required, but some Paths and Flower Beds won't hurt the gameplay.
    posted 09-04-14 08:53 AM CT (US)     18 / 88  
    You should remove the foundation terrain of the natures wrath trees. Right now, they can easily be spottes by the dirt2/foundation below them.
    posted 09-04-14 12:07 PM CT (US)     19 / 88  
    Thanks Lord Basse!

@John the Late : I will change that in the editor for sure, you guys have a keen eye for detail :P

@nhoobish_est : If I sent you the file would you be interested in sprucing it up a bit?
    posted 09-04-14 12:27 PM CT (US)     20 / 88  
    Hehe

Your map would surely benefit from some terrain improvements, but I think that it's the right order to have the gameplay working first and afterwards mess with the graphics.
    posted 09-04-14 02:23 PM CT (US)     21 / 88  
    can you please add this great mod to voobly,i want to play it there
    please add it there and it will be played by much players
    posted 09-04-14 02:54 PM CT (US)     22 / 88  
    I will not consider adding it to Voobly until it's finished and even then I am unsure if I will.
    posted 09-04-14 03:19 PM CT (US)     23 / 88  
    @Zero
    Does the Scenario can be opened in the Editor without the mod? Then I could give you my help with the terrain.

@John
    The terrain, map layout and unit placement is always done first actually. This is because there are many triggers that are based on objects or areas and when changing a quite big chunk of the map it would be just wasted time to readjust the triggers for specific locations and units. Of course, it depends on the amount of triggers and units/areas affected by them.
    posted 09-04-14 03:39 PM CT (US)     24 / 88  
    why dont u make the towers more realistic,just like the real dota,giant tree throwing stones on the enemy
    and u make the creeps some creatures other than aoc soldiers
    posted 09-04-14 04:17 PM CT (US)     25 / 88  
    @nhoobish:
    I was referring to the special gameplay features of this mod that go much further than triggers.

@Zero:
    How about using the 2HSword and Arbaleater upgrades to make the super creep effect more visible?
    posted 09-04-14 04:51 PM CT (US)     26 / 88  
    @nhoobish_est : A lot of the triggers aren't actually dependent on the map layout, the main gameplay area has very few area of effect triggers actually. Most of them are done through detecting how close the other Heroes are to your own using the AI. Feel free to edit the map how you like but please do not change the actual layout of it, I.E remove the center river for example. Terrain changes and eyecandy are fine.

@ Goku : I have absolutely no artistic talent what so ever so I'd need to find someone good with graphics if that were to happen.

@John : I think I'll do this, though the Mega Creep mechanic isn't done properly yet. Mega creep will gain various other stats too but changing their visual appearance will be important for sure.

[This message has been edited by RealZeroEmpires (edited 09-04-2014 @ 04:52 PM).]

posted 09-04-14 05:04 PM CT (US)     27 / 88  
    When will this mod be finish
    sorry for asking much question
    posted 09-04-14 05:05 PM CT (US)     28 / 88  
    No it's fine, questions are good
    Well it's hard to say as the scope of the scenario does change slightly from time to time.
    I would estimate maybe 2 months until I've done enough of the triggers to put it into Beta. At that stage it's about making sure the Heroes are balanced etc.
    posted 09-04-14 07:54 PM CT (US)     29 / 88  
    @ Goku : I have absolutely no artistic talent what so ever so I'd need to find someone good with graphics if that were to happen.
    hey! I can do that! I'd be willing to go over the whole thing and make it pretty. I hate multiplayer scenarios that are ugly, so I'll definitely help.

I require only that you let me make a bush unit in the data file. it greatly speeds up design.

Proud owner of Splash Splash XLIV: Leave it there for someone to find, Which is on record for being the fastest thread to reach 2500 posts - which was completed in 28 hours and 17 minutes, from start to finish!
    Yeah, the republican party is pretty much one big schizophrenic ball of contradictions nowadays. - Ax_man1
    double post for milestone, then relentlessly bash on the community for the hell of it... stay classy thymole. - Lurker
    posted 09-04-14 08:10 PM CT (US)     30 / 88  
    Zero is not talking about map design in that sentence you quoted Carol.
    posted 09-04-14 08:18 PM CT (US)     31 / 88  
    posted 09-04-14 09:47 PM CT (US)     32 / 88  
    Just added the ability to turn your unit invisible by using a unique hero ability and also the ability to turn enemy units into harmless sheep also using an ability. However, when the Hero returns to their normal state they still retain all of the bonus stats etc that they have gained through levelling up and buying items
    posted 09-05-14 01:44 PM CT (US)     33 / 88  
    ero is not talking about map design in that sentence you quoted Carol.
    It doesn't matter, the offer stands, and honestly it could use some prettying up.

Proud owner of Splash Splash XLIV: Leave it there for someone to find, Which is on record for being the fastest thread to reach 2500 posts - which was completed in 28 hours and 17 minutes, from start to finish!
    Yeah, the republican party is pretty much one big schizophrenic ball of contradictions nowadays. - Ax_man1
    double post for milestone, then relentlessly bash on the community for the hell of it... stay classy thymole. - Lurker
    posted 09-05-14 03:22 PM CT (US)     34 / 88  
    Sure, just contact me on Steam in about 8 hours if you can. I have to go to work now!
    posted 09-05-14 07:27 PM CT (US)     35 / 88  
    I won't be on then - hit me up with my email in my profile. the conversation will be slower, but I can guarantee that I'll actually get the info.

« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
    Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » Project: Age of Heroes
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames