You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Unsupported user mods and The Titans
posted 01 October 2003 02:30 PM EDT (US)   
Please be aware that if you have installed any 3rd party user mods for original AOM, they can interfere with your ability to play the Titans expansion. This includes popular mods like the "tooltip" mod and the "villager stats" mod.

If you have installed ANY mods for AOM, before you install the Titans, you should uninstall AOM completely, delete your c:\program files\microsoft games\age of mythology directory (or wherever you installed to) and reinstall before installing the Titans.

One of the more common symptoms you may see if you are having this problem is if the repeat button does not appear or if you research Secrets of the Titans but no new god power icon appears to let you create the Titan gate.

Replies:
posted 01 October 2003 02:31 PM EDT (US)     1 / 16  
Thanks for the heads up, although a notice regarding one such mod - Map Editor Patch was already given before.

Can you do the Double Yoda?
A sexual move, where you do a double backflip, insert your penis into the orifice of choice, and scream, "Afraid are you?"
posted 01 October 2003 02:44 PM EDT (US)     2 / 16  
Just delete the uimain.xmb (in data folder) file and you should be fine.

[This message has been edited by Hope_ (edited 10-01-2003 @ 02:45 PM).]

posted 01 October 2003 02:54 PM EDT (US)     3 / 16  
Or even rename it. (in case you want to go back to good old AoM)

Vagabond_Meow
Rating: 1843 God: Ra
Rating: 1833 God: Isis
posted 01 October 2003 03:06 PM EDT (US)     4 / 16  
Do these mods not work at all with Titans, or do they just muck up the installation?

posted 01 October 2003 03:18 PM EDT (US)     5 / 16  
I think you better backup a few things first. Like your contact list. And any new rms and scenarios you have gotten.

Guide to Debugging RMS
Download my RMS here
Help improve RMS reviewing here
A monk I need a monk.
I thought therefore I was.
posted 01 October 2003 04:14 PM EDT (US)     6 / 16  
thx for the heads up
posted 01 October 2003 04:16 PM EDT (US)     7 / 16  
I checked out AoMJunkie, they've found a site where you can download the Villie Count Utility for TT.

ESO: MurmilloKing
posted 02 October 2003 09:04 AM EDT (US)     8 / 16  
How do you uninstall the tech utility/tooltip thing made by Vachu though? I got rid of the text editor required to make it work and the tech tooltip thing still works. O_o
posted 02 October 2003 02:01 PM EDT (US)     9 / 16  
Don't forget to put all .rec files (recorded games) into a temporary folder.
posted 02 October 2003 03:34 PM EDT (US)     10 / 16  

Quote:

you should uninstall AOM completely, delete your c:\program files\microsoft games\age of mythology directory (or wherever you installed to) and reinstall before installing the Titans.

so let me get this straight. the advice is to uninstall AOM and install AOM before Instaling AOMX??

also i assume the Titan will be taking over AOM if installed with the AOM in your system?

posted 02 October 2003 04:21 PM EDT (US)     11 / 16  
You must uninstall every mod you installed first. That means backup - or delete - custom files. The villie count utility uses uimain.xmb in your data folder. New Editor will also add some uieditor... files, for example. If you don't know what files are custom you might as well reinstall AOM just to make sure. If you do so, make sure you back up your User folder (to preserve your options and friends list), and rm/scenario/savegame folders if you want to.
posted 02 October 2003 10:25 PM EDT (US)     12 / 16  
WHERE IS THE NEW VILL COUNTER!?!?!

·.¸¸.·´¯`· DarkElf ·´¯`·.¸¸.·
Proud Member of the Phantom Warriors
Disqualified Moron Number 3 in Flames' LPW v8.0
Your dad is more lazy than AIDS.
Nunc, lento sonitu dicunt, Morieris
posted 03 October 2003 10:36 PM EDT (US)     13 / 16  
does this mean that i need to uninstall the titans to? because i already finished it right on the day after it's release
posted 04 October 2003 10:09 AM EDT (US)     14 / 16  
I'd like to know where the new villager counter is as well. That's one feature I just can't live without. Thanks.
posted 04 October 2003 12:19 PM EDT (US)     15 / 16  
posted 05 October 2003 09:06 PM EDT (US)     16 / 16  
Anybody else know? That link doesn't seem to work (at least for me). Thanks.
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Unsupported user mods and The Titans
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames