You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Implode bug found
posted 15 November 2003 06:39 AM EDT (US)   
I was testing god powers on scenario editor. Well i make a test with the implode, i placed 150 (or more) countarious and around them 5-6 midgols (all of player 2).
I was player 1 and i grant me implode power and some lighthouses to see the enemy. But when i used the implode power it aspirated all countarious but didn't explode! It leaved all countarious under the ball and after that the ball disappeared! I have tested this many times and it happens 70% of the times. Maybe ES didn't test implode with so many units. Does it happen for you?

[This message has been edited by Eye of Iperion (edited 11-15-2003 @ 07:10 AM).]

Replies:
posted 15 November 2003 08:51 AM EDT (US)     1 / 15  
I remember this happening to me in the editor too, it also stopped sucking them in after awhile!! I used spearman though. but I dont think it's that big of a problem since most normal singleplayer or multiplayer games dont allow a player to get 150+ of any unit at a time.

ESO:Noob4_the_Minion
Rating:1700++(TT)
Currently playing:Ra, Zeus, Hades
Visit Noob4_ forums for Recs and chat!

posted 15 November 2003 09:59 AM EDT (US)     2 / 15  
I dont know if this is completly right, but here goes. (It has happened to me) I think the implode wont explode until all units in its radius have been sucked in. Thus if you have 150 guys that takes quite awhile, and the implode dosent last forever, it has a time limit, so eventually it will just give up on sucking every last guy in, and stop
posted 15 November 2003 11:28 AM EDT (US)     3 / 15  
Yes, It happened with me last week. I put over 50 Unites and I invoked the Implode god power. and it happed the same as you.
posted 15 November 2003 01:22 PM EDT (US)     4 / 15  
Anyway, it mustn't happen! ES please fix this!
posted 21 December 2003 04:15 PM EDT (US)     5 / 15  
is the damage implode does to buildings the full amount per building, or is the damage divided among all of them?
posted 21 December 2003 11:12 PM EDT (US)     6 / 15  
While we are on the subject of implode bugs.....I have found another, this one is a bit bigger! When your units get sucked in you can delete them! Canceling out the damage they would normally do to ypou buildings! Ya I hope ES fixes this too, all you have to do is drag click over the ball (selecting your units) and delete them

I have never had the bug you guys are talking about happen to me though....

Death comes on swift wings to all who oppose me.....

WND_Banishment
1780+
Clan Link: http://www.geocities.com/clanwnd/

[This message has been edited by The_Ice_Titan_ (edited 12-21-2003 @ 11:12 PM).]

posted 22 December 2003 04:37 AM EDT (US)     7 / 15  
Its not a bug, implode has a time period, if the units are to many to be sucked in that time period it will not explode. Nothing wrong with the code, the timer should be longer or maybe this formula (number of units around casting point * time to suck a unit into the core = total time that implode needs to be active).
posted 22 December 2003 12:54 PM EDT (US)     8 / 15  
another bug that I found with implode is that if a Mother Nature bird is sucked in the units will just stack in the middle and not be damaged or thrown because implode just stops because the birdy cannot be sucked in

ESO Screename: Almond1001
"Then Go Talk To A Wall"-Quote From FF8
Midas Design Playtester
0===|::::::::::::>Sword Lover<::::::::::::|===0
posted 22 December 2003 04:32 PM EDT (US)     9 / 15  
why delete your units? you will get most of them back when it explodes,
posted 22 December 2003 06:28 PM EDT (US)     10 / 15  
i found out that bug too. the ball gets bigger and bigger, then dissapears, causing no damage to the units/building around it.

im back playing AOM after 1 year of being away... im glad i came back.
posted 22 December 2003 06:37 PM EDT (US)     11 / 15  
why delete your units? you will get most of them back when it explodes,

-

It's to decrease the damage to the buildings.

posted 23 December 2003 10:31 PM EDT (US)     12 / 15  
You'll lose way more resources deleting your army than losing even a whole lot of buildings. Not to mention that even if you do delete your army and save every building you have your enemy will still have his army and just use that to knock down your buildings instead of the implode. Much better to just build further back during the gp andn while your army stalls his push after it.

"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." Douglas Adams—Mostly Harmless
posted 23 December 2003 11:17 PM EDT (US)     13 / 15  
Ive seen Implode used in a 3 vs 3 Total War Trojan Wall game -right in the middle. It lagged everything to death, but it went off. Whatever is happening in the editor most likely wont happen in gameplay. You dont get more units than a Total War game - no one needs an eco, so you have 6 players with pretty much all military.

ESO: Orion_Zorn

Proud Member of the Orion Clan!

"makes sense because if your running a race against a monkey and you die from a heart attack i don't think it should be a draw. the monkey actaully wins by default" - Sirgrayhorn

posted 24 December 2003 03:06 AM EDT (US)     14 / 15  
If it takes over 1 minute to suck up all the units, it won't explode.
posted 24 December 2003 03:19 AM EDT (US)     15 / 15  
Well seeing as the most damage it will do to any one building is 600+10*#units up to a max of 1200 crush I believe. And it does 200 raw hack to each unit sucked in up to 3900 total hack damage, you really are not gaining much benefit by killing your units. Since by this time most of them can take 200 raw hack damage and survive.

Implode is best used on a large group of archers as they tend to have the least hack armor and least HP. Most infantry will survive because of armor and most cav will survive because of HP.

Back to buildings for a sec, implode will only do 5000 or so total crush damage and will not partially damage a building. In other words what I mean is it dished the amount of crush described above to each building it will stop delivering crush once it can no longer deliver the crush to a building without exceeding the maximum.

An easier example is against 5 barracks. A fully loaded implode will only damage 4 of these since it would need to go over 5200 or so crush to do the 5th (4800+ 1200). However, it will deliver crush to 4 barracks and a granary since 4800+400 is under 5200.

Guide to Debugging RMS
Download my RMS here
Help improve RMS reviewing here
A monk I need a monk.
I thought therefore I was.
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Implode bug found
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames