Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Stats Upload Questionaire
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 10 February 2004 03:01 PM EDT (US)   
This is a post for people having difficulties trying to upload stats. This is an issue we are working on and sorry I haven't posted about it sooner. Basically for people having trouble uploading stats and people that recently had trouble uploading stats but managed to fix it themselves...if you could take the time to answer a couple questions that would be great.

1) AoM or TT?

2) what error message do you get that lets you know your stats didn't upload (2,4 error message or something else)?

3) what OS are you running on

4) what language is the OS

5) what browser(s) do you use and what is your default browser?

6) Do you have any AoM mods like microslave or whatever?

7) when did you first notice you had troubles uploading logs? (as close to the real date as possible)

8) What frequency are you unable to upload logs? Do you not upload just some of your wins, or all of your wins, do you manage to upload any logs ever?

9) have you played a non-rated game recently and won? If so did the logs for that upload?

10) whatever other MS software do you have that you recently updated?

11) Do you know what critical updates you've recently installed?

12) Lastly, for people who have made this error go away. What precisely did you do to let yourself upload stats again? The order that you did things may be important.

Thanks all and sorry for the uber survey.

Replies:
posted 10 February 2004 03:15 PM EDT (US)     1 / 61  
This might help

Quoted from NIB:

It fixes the 2.4/stat upload errors that ppl get and prevent them from uploading game stats. And this means that you dont get your points once you win a rated game. This error is caused only if you have a certain security patch installed(832894). So if you have these errors, you probably have this patch installed, thus you need this hotfix in order to fix this problem.

Or This

[This message has been edited by X_SithLord (edited 02-10-2004 @ 03:17 PM).]

posted 10 February 2004 03:20 PM EDT (US)     2 / 61  
Good to hear something of you guys. I had this problem, but I seemed to have solved this. However, I'm still expierencing loads of OoS.

1) AoM:TT
2) It didn't say 2,4 but something like:"Error trying to upload game stats".
3) Microsoft XP
4) Dutch.
5) Microsoft Internet Explorer
6) Yes, I have the menu pack, various microslave mods and stuff, but I completely reinstalled AoM:TT and removed all mods in order to fix the problem.
7) I was late, don't count on me. I don't play rated often, but my advanced games weren't uploading as well... So I found it out at last Saturday.
8) My advanced games are uploading, but it seems like my rated wins aren't uploading frequently. Today, I played one rated game and my stats didn't upload from my win, though I fixed it
9) Yeah, I'm not that bad And no, they weren't uploading, now they seem to be...
10)Only a window's updating patch, and AoM:TT's 1.02 patch.
11)If the window's updating patch is critical, that's the only one.
12)I fixed it, and I know what I did. I read a thread first. Not too important lol. Then I went to add/remove programs in my control panel. I found the program I seemed to need, and removed it. You can find in various other threads the name, I believe it was something like Q832890 or something. I restarted my computer and started AoM:TT. I hosted a 1 vs 1 game vs. a random easy computer, and started the game. I enabled cheats, and as soon as the game begun, I entered the THRILL OF VICTORY cheat. After that, it took a lot of time, but then my stats were uploaded. I gained no rated points, because I didn't play a rated game back then. Well, 3 other advanced games got uploaded, and everything seemed back to normal. I played one rated game, won and it got uploaded. After that, I played another rated game, and won, but my stats weren't uploaded again. I was too st00pid to check if it was the error again, but my points weren't changed. Ah well, that seems to happen more nowadays on Eso

Thanks for helping out Matty!

-Yohan Hoogland

EDIT: found out what OS means

The Wait Is Over

DoJo Clan Site

[This message has been edited by Yohan Hoogland (edited 02-11-2004 @ 08:49 AM).]

posted 10 February 2004 03:23 PM EDT (US)     3 / 61  
OS is Operating System
posted 10 February 2004 03:24 PM EDT (US)     4 / 61  
1. from what i know only TT
2. something like, couldnt connect to the stats uploader or somthing
3. windows xp
4. dutch
5. internet explorer
6. i have vill counter thingie
7. uhmm like, i really dont know, after the patch and team channel added
8. all my wins
9. yes, they did come up like normal (well normal...)
10. i tihnk the newest windows update but got rid of it, now it works (with that 832894 number)
11. dont think so
12. well i threw away that windows update in the programs thing
i played a game online to let it work and now its fixed

(-speaker-)
:unsure:
posted 10 February 2004 03:54 PM EDT (US)     5 / 61  
1) AoM and TT
2) error 2,4 on AOM and Error trying to upload game stats on TT
3) Windows XP Home Edition
4) Portuguese BR.
5) Sometimes Internet Explorer, sometimes mozilla
6) no mods
7) Since I get Internet Explorer Q832894 update
8) only my wins... my looses still ok
9) I didn't play any non-rated game
10) nothing.
11)Internet Explorer Q832894 update
12)I removed the patch Q832894 and all back to normal, but I reinstalled the patch because I'm afraid about IE security
Thanks, man

[]s
Ydur®
Go Titan, go!!!!
Norse players do it better!
posted 11 February 2004 08:41 AM EDT (US)     6 / 61  
Thx for the update.

Hopefully more people will fill out the questionare.

Can you do the Double Yoda?
A sexual move, where you do a double backflip, insert your penis into the orifice of choice, and scream, "Afraid are you?"

[This message has been edited by Kumar Shah (edited 02-11-2004 @ 08:42 AM).]

posted 11 February 2004 09:03 AM EDT (US)     7 / 61  
1) TT

2) Cannot upload stats (dont remember seeing 2,4 error)

3) Win ME

4) Danish

5) IE 6.0 sp1

6) No

7) After I downloaded the windows update

8) none upload

9) have you played a non-rated game recently and won? If so did the logs for that upload?

I have made a system recovery to an earlier date and therefore uninstalled the update and yes with the first unrated game the games were uploaded.

10) Only the update

823559 security update

12) Lastly, for people who have made this error go away. What precisely did you do to let yourself upload stats again? The order that you did things may be important.

I have made a system recovery to an earlier date and therefore uninstalled the update and yes with the first unrated game the games were uploaded.

posted 11 February 2004 12:39 PM EDT (US)     8 / 61  
Hopefully this'll get resolved, is there a chance we may have lost the games points?

1. TT

2. "Error uploading stats. Could not send the game log to the server"

3. Windows XP

4. English

5. IE6

6. None at all

7. My first game after the patch (it was a rated game conveniently)

8. Nothing i believe

9. Nope

10. I didn't seem to have any recent ones

11. Same as 10

12. I havn't :P

Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music. - Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989
posted 11 February 2004 01:11 PM EDT (US)     9 / 61  
1) TT
2) "Error uploading stats. Could not send the game log to the server"
3) Windows XP Professional
4) Dutch
5) Internet Explorer 6.0
6) Yes, but they never caused any problems.
7) 07-02-2004 I think
8) I thought non of them
9) Don't know
10) The windows update
11) Nope
12) -

|| argalius.elpea.net
|| Cherub at AoE3H
|| In honor of FlipBizcut
|| Mod: The Age of Crusades
posted 11 February 2004 01:32 PM EDT (US)     10 / 61  
Matty,

I never had the problem and I did update with the IE6 patch, I'm not complaining just mentioning np at all here, why I don't know. BTW - I'm still less than 10 games rated with the new rating system, in case that has some affect and I have played rated and got my points after the problem started.

1) TT
2) -
3) Windows XP Pro
4) English US
5) IE6-SP1 with all patches
6) Microslaves UI
7) -
8) -
9) Yes - many, and all uploaded properly
10) I have all present Windows and Office updates!
11) Only the IE6 within the last couple of weeks.
12) -

FAILURE is not an option, it comes bundled with the software.
The graduate with a science degree asks, "Why does it work ?"
The graduate with an engineering degree asks, "How does it work ?"
The graduate with an accounting degree asks, "How much will it cost ?"
The graduate with an arts degree asks, "Do you want fries with that ?"
Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people.
posted 11 February 2004 04:14 PM EDT (US)     11 / 61  
Hello, I'm french so sorry for my english
I've played 5 games on 2 of my names in rated. All was victories but my rating is still the same.

1) All these have been played on TT.

2) There wasn't any error of uploading stat.

3) I'm using Windows XP.

4) The language is french.

5) I'm using Internet Explorer, but during a week (just before this problem), I had replaced IE by Mozilla FireBird and had choose it on default browser. Now I've uninstalled FireBird and recovered IE in default browser.

6) I had installed Microslave but because I've had some problemes (my PC was often rebooting during games or on Windows), I've uninstalled it and reinstalled AoM and TT.

7) I've noticed this problem since Sunday 8 february.

8) These last games (5 in rated and ~10 in non-rated), no stats have been uploaded.

9) I've won 5/5 games in rated but my stats haven't been changed.

10) I've just updated Windows.

11) I don't remember exactly what these updates are.
But one was an IE update an another a security update.
I've probably made some other but I don't remember.

12) I haven't this luck :'(

gl hf for resolve this problem.
Thanks and bye.

posted 11 February 2004 07:21 PM EDT (US)     12 / 61  
1)TT
2)Error connecting to stats server when I first log in, then the couldn't upload stats after playing a game.
3)Windows XP SP1
4)English
5)IE6 SP1
6)No Mods
7)2/3/2004 or so
8)None whatsoever
9)I usually play Advanced Setup games with friends, win or lose I get the upload error.
10)Just IE6(but I tried removing the update)
11)All up to the present
12)N/A

Thanks

posted 12 February 2004 00:47 AM EDT (US)     13 / 61  
I have no business in this thread, but I want to bring attention to the spelling of "Questionaire" in "Stats Upload Questionaire". It's wrong. Cool.

Im' Here & there & everywhere...

[This message has been edited by Captain_Aneurism (edited 13-13-1645 @ 00:88 RZ)]
[This message has been edited by No one in particular (edited 19-19-3152@ 25:61 MP)]
[This message has been edited by a bored invidual (edited 00-00-566 BC @ 11:11 LX)]
posted 12 February 2004 09:46 AM EDT (US)     14 / 61  
Hi, I have been having trouble getting my stats recorded after winning rated games. Yesterday I deleted the newest IE update and it seemed to fix things, as I was awarded some points, but there are still games missing in games played of stats, and I don't get rating adjustments right after the game, it is very infrequent. I have at least 3 rated games in the last 2 days unaccounted for.

1 - TT

2 - no error msgs

3 - MS Windowes XP

4 - english

5 - Internet Explorer 6

6 - no

7- Monday, Feb 9, I think around the time I installed the new IE security update.

8 - after deleting the Internet Explorer update Q8****** update I got most rating points trickling in and game log up to date. THere are still about 3 for the past 2 days missing though even since I deleted the IE upfdate. Does other peoples problems prevent me from getting points?

9 - I think unrated works fine

10 - I have windows XP and automatic updating, so whatever new hotfixes and updates were issued my computer auto loads them on my computer.

11 & 12 - I loaded that IE update Q8***** something which was I think causing no ratings adjustments, then deleted it and that cleared up most problems and I got a slow trickle of ratings attributed. Some games are still missing though.

posted 12 February 2004 02:06 PM EDT (US)     15 / 61  
AoM

2,4 error message

Windows XP

English

Internet Explorer 6

No

February 6th or 7th, when I installed the critical XP update

I can't upload anything.

I don't play nonrated

Whatever WIndows Update has posted to their site in the past month or so.

Recently (within the past week): Just the Q8 deal to deal with the new worm (I think)

I didn't get it to work.

Thank YOU for addressing the problem! Love the tech support here, not like at EA (*coughSimcity4cough*).....thanks Again!

"Facts are meaningless. You can use them to prove anything that's even remotely true!"
posted 12 February 2004 06:06 PM EDT (US)     16 / 61  
1) The Titans

2) "Could Not Connect To Stats Server. Last Saved Rating Will be Used" (In Game)

3) XP Pro
3 GHZ P4 w/ Hyper Thread
200 GB ULtra ATA/100 HD
128 MB ATI RADEON 9800 (Non Pro)
I am on a network. I have firewall.

4) English

5) IE

6) None at all

7) I don't remember, apprimately 5 days ago?

8) I upload none of my wins, and so far, all but one of my losses.

9) No

10) Dunno

11) SP1 + all of the remaining windows updates have been installed.

12) n/a

[This message has been edited by WND_ZzSpookayzZ (edited 02-14-2004 @ 04:14 PM).]

posted 12 February 2004 07:14 PM EDT (US)     17 / 61  
1) TT

2) I mainly play unrated games and have got all errors "2,4 error message" the "Error uploading stats. Could not send the game log to the server" and the "Unable to connect to server".

3) Windows XP Home edition v 5.1.2600 SP1
Pentium 4 processor operating at 2.5 ghz
Nvida GeForce4 MX 420 64MB
Hp Pavilion w/ 512 MB of Random Access Memory

4) English

5) Internet Explorer 6.0.2800.1106.xpsp2.030422-1633

6) I have Cheezy's very old user.con file which allows me to rotated buildings in the game using the mouse-wheel. It had a problem at first with Oos when i first dl the 1.02 patch but i deleted the zoom lines and didnt have any problems w/ Oos or uploading untill i downloaded the critical updated for Internet Explorer. Details on update on number 11.

7) 2 days after i installed the windows critical update. February 10th, 2004. I played a rated game w/ my friend, lost but it successfully uploaded the stats untill i played my unrated games and it stopped working for both.

8) 95%

9) Yes, no

10) nothing

11) Copied Directly From the Windows Updated Installation History..........
Installation History
Keep track of what you've installed from Windows Update.

You have not installed any updates.

Installation History
Keep track of what you've installed from Windows Update. To sort by status, date, description, or source, click the column headers.

Note The items listed on this page reflect only the actions you've performed on Windows Update. If you have subsequently restored your computer, or reinstalled or uninstalled programs, some items listed here might no longer be installed on your computer.

Status Date Description Source

Date: Sunday, February 08, 2004
Name: Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 6 Service Pack 1 (KB832894)
Source: Web site

..........All Previous Updates were installed before January 31, 2004........................

12) Im debating if i should uninstall the critical update but have not yet... Would like more information before i delete it

[This message has been edited by FireStone16 (edited 02-12-2004 @ 07:21 PM).]

posted 13 February 2004 07:36 AM EDT (US)     18 / 61  
Do the .zsl files get overwritten over time alį .rec so there is a possibility we won't get our scores?

Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music. - Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989
posted 13 February 2004 12:02 PM EDT (US)     19 / 61  
1: Aom and TT

2: The error message only said there was a error in uploading game stats

3: XP

4: English

5: Internet Explorer

6: only mod i have is the villie counter

7: about 2 days after the TT patch came out

8: wasnt able to load any of my wins on either Aom or TT ,though it was 4 wins for TT and 3 for aom before i stopped playing rated until i got it fixed

9: not sure of non rated didnt pay attention to those

10: none

11: none that i knew of

12: I removed the patch Q832894, I then went on both Aom and TT and hosted a 1 vs 1 game against the computer. I entered the THE THRILL OF VICTORY cheat.Went back out and all the games that i won uploaded and my rate went back up. So far everything seems to be back to normal.

posted 13 February 2004 08:41 PM EDT (US)     20 / 61  
1 TT
2 Error uploading stats to server
3 Win 98
4 English
5 Internet Explorer
6 No mods
7 Feb 10th
8 All my loses upload, none of my wins upload -.-
9 I played a non rated game in December...
10 None
11 None
12 indeed, what DID you do to upload the stats?

An assimilating strat is the best strat
posted 13 February 2004 09:14 PM EDT (US)     21 / 61  
1. TT
2. The stats were unable to upload to the stats server
3. Windows XP Home Edition (Running on 640 mb)
4. English
5. Internet Explorer 6.0
6. Advanced villiger stats
7. After downloading windows update (Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 6 Service Pack 1 (KB832894))
8. 100% of time no change to stats, whether a lose or win does not matter, does not affect.
9. No stats do not upload after non-rated game.
10. none
11. see #7 above
12. (see below)

-Click Start
-Click Control Pannel
-Click Add/Remove Programs
-Click on the program called: "Internet Explorer SP Q832894"
-Click Remove
-Once removed the Uninstaller will prompt you to Restart your Computer
-you must restart your computer
-When computer is restarted start Age of Mythology: Titans
-Go into multiplayer
-Go into advanced setup
-Click host at the bottom of the screen (to host your own game)
-Type any name you want
-When you get into the game fill all open slots with computers (you can do this by clicking on the spot and on the dropdown list clicking random)
-Then click other settings in the bottom, and mark the box that says "Allow Cheats"
-Start the game against the computer(s)
-Press enter when the game starts
-type: THRILL OF VICTORY (note: this must be in caps lock)
-you will win the game
-all of your previous stats from quick setup will be uploaded to the server
-From now on when you play quick setup games they will work properly uploading the stats.

Hopefully this should help.

(¯`·._.~UI3EI2 sh0ck~._.·´¯)

US_Terror

Ubershock Webpage
posted 14 February 2004 08:34 AM EDT (US)     22 / 61  
Hm, I don't have the IE patch, yet I can't seem to upload my stats since last night.

GLORYOFSPARTA | RTWH and M2TWH Site Director, AoMH Game Information Admin, HeavenGames LLC
AoMH | RTWH | M2TWH | Ancient Greek Festival - 3rd to 4th of June in Watford, UK, 2006.
"Whoever obeys the gods, to him they particularly listen." - Homer
"GoS OWNS for being female and liking The Simpsons and Rammstein." - Crazed Ewok
posted 14 February 2004 03:52 PM EDT (US)     23 / 61  
Well i havin problems and its not like that
im playin rated winnin and not gettin points nothins comin up like errors just not workin
every game i played didnt work
i got xp,ie exploerer v6 or summit

www.ec.clans.cc
eC_Nazzy_
CloudRoxMySox
Evolution clan
posted 14 February 2004 04:47 PM EDT (US)     24 / 61  
1) AoM or TT?

AoM

2) what error message do you get that lets you know your stats didn't upload (2,4 error message or something else)?

2,4 message.

3) what OS are you running on

Windows XP

4) what language is the OS

English

5) what browser(s) do you use and what is your default browser?

IE 6.0 (full ver number = 6.0.2800.1106.xpsp2.030422-1633)

6) Do you have any AoM mods like microslave or whatever?

No.

7) when did you first notice you had troubles uploading logs? (as close to the real date as possible)

Feb 08, 2003 approx 6 PM PST.

8) What frequency are you unable to upload logs? Do you not upload just some of your wins, or all of your wins, do you manage to upload any logs ever?

Cannot record any wins.

Yes I've played. No it does not record wins there either.

10) whatever other MS software do you have that you recently updated?

Windows Update... Up to date....

Whatever MS recommends.

Use ZSLUploader to manually upload the log each time. Question for you to consider -- what is this app doing that AoM is NOT?

Here is the ZSLuploader:

http://aom.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=500

posted 14 February 2004 05:47 PM EDT (US)     25 / 61  
i got no mods i *tt* and its only when i win when i win i dont get points when i lose i lose them so wtf matty

www.ec.clans.cc
eC_Nazzy_
CloudRoxMySox
Evolution clan
posted 14 February 2004 06:44 PM EDT (US)     26 / 61  
i played 3 rated games & none of them counted. But i got no message error. Is this strange or does it happen to anyone else?

I told you I'd be back.
posted 14 February 2004 06:49 PM EDT (US)     27 / 61  
as for the questionaire-
1. TT
2. none
3. Windows XP
4. English
5. I dont know how do i find out?
6. Negative (no)
7.today (Feb. 14, 2004)
8. I won 3 games, my rating didnt go up at all.
9. I dont know
10. No idea, the latest i geuss
11. Same answer as to 10.
12. I wish

I told you I'd be back.
posted 14 February 2004 07:06 PM EDT (US)     28 / 61  
Matty,

I posted earlier that I'm having no problems, it has changed as of yesterday 2-13-04, I get no error messages at all, but my winning stats simply don't appear, nor do the quantity of games played change in Advanced. I have done nothing diferent with my comp since I last posted, no upgrades, no changes at all.

FAILURE is not an option, it comes bundled with the software.
The graduate with a science degree asks, "Why does it work ?"
The graduate with an engineering degree asks, "How does it work ?"
The graduate with an accounting degree asks, "How much will it cost ?"
The graduate with an arts degree asks, "Do you want fries with that ?"
Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people.
posted 14 February 2004 07:30 PM EDT (US)     29 / 61  
I JUST played an unrated game and the stats showed up. How weir. Ill try rated again.

EDIT: Now i played rated and the thing said "Error- Could not send stats to database" or something like that. 4 games in a row i have won, and i get no credit for them. This is really pissing me off.

I told you I'd be back.

[This message has been edited by SilverOsirisAOM (edited 02-14-2004 @ 07:41 PM).]

posted 14 February 2004 08:26 PM EDT (US)     30 / 61  
Very weird: I am home for the weekend (I go to college in another city) and although I use the same computer, the stats don't upload from here. Maybe it's a different kind of bug, not to do with the Windows patch.

1) TT

2) Failed to contact stats server

3) Windows XP Professional

4) English (Canadian)

5) IE 6

6) Just enhanced villager stats

7) After the patch 1.02

8) This is very weird: I can upload them 100% of the time from college but 0% of the time from home. At college, I am on a network maintained by the university which is very large and also has a lot of security. At home, I'm on a LAN with 3 computers, just connecting through one of them to the Internet. In both places I use the same computer.

9) I did win, but the stats don't upload (unless I'm from college)

10) None really

11) Just the one Windows autodownloads

Programmer on 0 A.D., author of Norse Wars, co-author of Fort Wars.
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Stats Upload Questionaire
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames