Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: how to pause on a laptop
posted 02 July 2009 04:15 PM EDT (US)   
hi this is my first post, so don't flame. How do you pause and unpause on a laptop, mine doesn't have a pause/breake key, I tried all the fn buttons (fn f7 or fn f8) It's annoying when other people pause for ages and I can't unpause. I have even lost some games as people have paused for such a long time. Anyway is there a way of making a shortcut for pause. I can view the score and time, but it's just the pause/unpause I can't do.
Replies:
posted 02 July 2009 05:35 PM EDT (US)     1 / 6  
In C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Age of Mythology\startup\ add this line at the end of gamex.con:
map("F12", "world", "pause()")
Then press F12 to pause.

If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it? - Einstein, A.
Master XS - AoM Code Reference - Trigger Loader - Trigger Requests - Chess

Wow, I never thought that I would actually know something before nottud did... it's actually not all that satisfying ~ Steak
posted 03 July 2009 12:09 PM EDT (US)     2 / 6  
sorry, but I can't find startup. Is it in another folder or something?
posted 03 July 2009 12:18 PM EDT (US)     3 / 6  
Look harder.
posted 03 July 2009 04:08 PM EDT (US)     4 / 6  
Sorry, i did find the file, but when I copied and pasted what you wrote it said "if you change a file name extension, the file may become unusable are you sure you want to change it?" Anyway i clicked yes and when I started Age Of Mythology ( I have Titans Pack by the way) and did a random map, I couldn't click any units or buildings. The pause button didn't work either. So I'm not sure.
posted 03 July 2009 04:15 PM EDT (US)     5 / 6  
He wasn't refering to the file extension, change it back to gamex.con then open it up in notepad and add the line at the bottom.

☭ Long live the Turk ☭
"Xzy is the worst parts of kman and legion combined, only with proper spelling so you know he's smart enough to act otherwise if he wasn't such an idiot." - theferret
"Xzy is like all of the terrible Guardian contributors rolled into one person. Proof that you can genetically engineer a humanoid abomination." - Fiindil
posted 03 July 2009 04:25 PM EDT (US)     6 / 6  
Thank you, I managed to fix it, and sorry for the trouble, the game should've made it more clear about how to pause/unpause on a laptop. Anyway thanks.
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » how to pause on a laptop
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames