Please login or register

Strategy Discussion

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: A guide to the Son of Osiris
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 5  Next Page »
posted 25 March 2004 03:00 PM EDT (US)   

The Son of Orisis won the vote in my last guide, so here it is. As most of us know, the SoO is the bird headed guy that shoots lightning. It is also made from the GP of (in my opinion) the best Mythic Age Egyptian God. First, let's look at the stats.

Attack: 60
Hack Armor:30%
Pierce Armor: 50%
Range: 18
Hitpoints: 420

WOW!! Look at that attack!! 60 attack. That's almost as much as the titan!! but let's see how well it does in the tests. Oh, one more thing. I used all the appropriate upgrades for the human Soilders, but I used no Hero techs because not all can get them. i.e. I didn't use any of Nephytys techs like Funeral Rites.

Test 1: 1 SoO vs. 3 Champion Hopolites

The Hopolites won in 20 seconds. 1 Hopolite was killed and another had 138 hp left. I was slightly surprised. I expected that it would do better. However, ranged heroes like Odyessous seem to do poorly against enemy human melee units.

Test 2: 1 SoO vs. 3 Toxtotes

The SoO won in 9 seconds with 305 hp left. Interestingly, it hit all three at a time with chain lightning but not with the Hopolites. It took 3 shots to kill all Toxtotes.

Test 3: 1 SoO vs. 2 Golden Collosi

SoO died in 39 seconds. Both Collosi had only 180 out of 1500 hp left. This was Excellent!!! Those Collossi were expensive!!

Test 4: same as test 3, only with Bellpheron:

Bellpheron was killed and killed 1 Collosi. He was killed before he could damage the other. Hmmmm. Although it did destroy 1 Collosi, it didn't deal as much damage as the SoO.

Test 5: SoO vs. Bellpheron

SoO won in 27 seconds with 205 hp left. I'm also going to take this as a chance to dispel a popular myth. The special attack of Bellpheron DOESN'T take away half of SoO's health. It only does 43 damage to SoO. The normal attack did 11 damage to the SoO.

Test 6: SoO vs. Polyphemous

SoO won in 44 seconds with 107 hp left. Polyphemous did better than Bellpheron against the SoO.

Test 7: 1 SoO vs. Perseus

SoO won in 38 seconds with 190 hp left. I've always thought Perseus was a quite poor Greek hero compared to the others. His special, while good, is no better than the Medusa.

Test 8: SoO vs. 3 battle boar

The battle boars won in 21 seconds, but they only had 1 hp left!! This is awesome!! Even without it's vital meatshield, the SoO is great!

Test 9: SoO vs. 2 Fire Giants

The SoO won in 17 seconds and still has 180 hp left.

Test 10: SoO vs. 1 Titan

Titan wins (duh) in 20 seconds. SoO did 210 damage.

Test 11: same as test 1, but with Bellpheron

Titan won in 29 sec. He inflicted 355 damage to the Titan.
As is obvious, Bellpheron did better than SoO vs. the Titan.

Suggested uses:

General Startegy: Always keep a meat shield around him like Chariots. He is extrememly vulnerable to enemy human melee troops, so if it looks like you can't win the battle, get him out of there! He moves quite slowly, so retreat him sooner rather than later. He can't be healed, so be careful. Also, don't forget to have him empower buildings while he's not on the battlefield. oh, and if you chose Hathor, keep a Roc close by so he can get away quickly.

vs Norse: hehe. SoO is great vs. the norse. Their units have poor armor, so the SoO does well even against human units. Their pricey MU's like Fire Giant and Frost Giant will get cut to pieces by the devestating and long range attack. Their lack of ranged units make it tough for them to attack him without breaking the meatshield.

vs. Greek. The SoO is ok against the Greece, but he's more vulnerable against their heavy units like Hippikons. Keep that meatshield!! on the plus side, their MU's are expensive so as long as you keep him protected, you can kill his expensive MU

vs. Egyptian: SoO is good against the Eggy. Their units are light so that his chain lightning kills even human units quickly. Their mostly light MU's are also easy prey.

vs. Atlantean: The Atlanteans are a mixed bag. Their ranged units like the Arcus and Chrieoballista are a real danger to the SoO, but their light, cheap MU's like the Automotan let's the SoO cut through them. Just keep them away from ranged units and your golden.

HOW TO COUNTER

Greeks: If you are Zeus and you saved bolt, you can kill him instantly. For those of you who don't play Zeus or already used it, there is still hope!! Have your calvary attack SoO. Get through the meatshield as quickly as you can before he can escape. Calvary do alot of damage and if he doesn't have him escape with a Roc or kill your clavary, you can kill SoO quite quickly. Also keep a couple of your ranged units attacking him so you can slowly wear him down.

Egyptians: Use your ranged units. If you have Pesteuchos, or another similar long range unit, have them concentrate on him. Slingers and Chariots also work well.

Norse: You have a tough time getting SoO. The only way is to break through his meatshield as fast as you can. Huskrals or Raiding calvary work well because chances are he is using chariots or slinger as his meatshield so they can still attack.

Atlanteans: Getting the SoO is much easier. You have two excellent ranged units, specifically the Chrieoballista and Arcus. If you want to break through his meatshield, some calvary or Murmillo will work great.

The minor god, Orisis

God Power: SoO. You don't need any explanation.

Techs: Desert Wind: increases speed, attack, hitpoints of camels. cost is 360 gold and 40 favor. This is pretty expensive. I'd probably pass unless you are planning on tons of camels.

Atef Crown: Improves Mummies into mummy Vizers and makes minions last longer. cost is 270 gold 25 favor. Another ok tech. If you build plenty of mummys, this will be great, else you can pass.

Funeral Barge: Kenbits do bonus damage to archer ships. This is a good tech if you still are having sea battles in the Mythic. Cost: 450 wood 30 favor

New Kingdom: This is a must have tech!! It gives you another Pharoh. This boosts your economy and is pretty cheap, 270 gold and 25 favor. While I'm on the topic, I'm going to share a neat trick with you. Research this tech before you use SoO. When you get your second Pharoh, turn him into SoO. A little while later, you will get another Pharoh!! This gives you an ENORMOUS boost in production, essentially having the empowering ability of 3 pharohs, not to mention the battle abilities too. But if the SoO dies, you won't get another Pharoh. You will be stuck with 2, not the 3.

Oh, one more thing. Isis and Ra can get Orisis in the Mythic age. Set cannot.

So, what did you think of my guide? If you liked it, please vote for my next guide from the following. If you didn't like it, please give me some nice suggestions about how I can improve it.

Nidghogg
Anubite
Sphinx
Bellpheron
Perseus
Golden Collosus
Medusa
Nemean Lion
Jason
Hydra

EDIT: 1 more small note, the SoO CANNOT be healed.

[This message has been edited by Darth Persia (edited 03-26-2004 @ 04:58 PM).]

Replies:
posted 25 March 2004 03:04 PM EDT (US)     1 / 110  
I'm going to be nice and edit the most obvious mistake in the guide..the title. It is "Osiris"

When you did the test with Bellerophon, I wonder if you gave Bel some upgrades. As Zeus, you should have given him the Archaic age special (One that gives HP) and then the line upgrades.

.¸¸.· · .¸¸.·´ §hïvå | RágeOfHaemòn · .¸¸.· · .¸¸.·
« . ° ¤ Scenario Designer | Woad Creations ¤ º . »
posted 25 March 2004 03:07 PM EDT (US)     2 / 110  
Arrgghh!! I can't believe I speeled it wrong. I alway pronounce that O-Rye-sis, so I just didn't remember. Thanks for correcting and I used no upgrades that were specifically for only one God.

[This message has been edited by Darth Persia (edited 03-25-2004 @ 03:07 PM).]

posted 25 March 2004 03:09 PM EDT (US)     3 / 110  
Perseus
posted 25 March 2004 03:11 PM EDT (US)     4 / 110  
Very nice guide as usual Darth_Persia...The reason the hops weren't harmed by chain lighting was they have to move around to attack SoO and the Tox just stood still and fired arrows...I don't know if you knew that but wasn't sure so there you are:

I vote Nidhogg

posted 25 March 2004 03:11 PM EDT (US)     5 / 110  
hmmmm, not TOO bad, but still a bit basic.

Once again, your tests are clearly unfair. Where are the upgrades? SoO should have WAY more HP than 420 in the Mythic Age; not to mention his attack and armour.

This also goes for the units you tested against SoO, you say that you gave human units upgrades but I'm pretty sure Bellerophon beats SoO one on one with Mythic upgrades

And what about Nephthys techs? How do they affect SoO? Even though you said that not all civs can get them, which is true, it would still be nice to know how they affect him.

You also didn't emphasise the fact that he cannot be healed, and you didn't go into how his stats are wrong due to the fact that his base attack is not per hit, but per second.

ESO user name - ChimeraArtemis
Favourite Major Gods: Isis, Hades, Gaia, Loki, Ra, Thor

Creator of the Egyptian Myth Unit Guides - Phoenix, Wadjet, Scorpion Man, Scarab, Petsuchos
And the Atlantean Myth Unit Guides: Stymphalian Bird, Satyr, Lampades, Heka-Gigantes, Man O'War, Dryad, Automaton

posted 25 March 2004 03:13 PM EDT (US)     6 / 110  
"Arrgghh!! I can't believe I speeled it wrong."

lol you spelled something else wrong 2.

posted 25 March 2004 03:24 PM EDT (US)     7 / 110  
#%$$%#^&!!! Man, what's wrong with my typing today? Also, I gave all copper, iron and bronze upgrades. Not everyone goes Nephytys, so I didn't use her techs. Should I include God Powers and their effects?? How about I give flaming weapons and\or brone armor to the Greek hopolites. The precision has to stop somewhere. Not everyone can get certain GP and certain techs. Having certain techs from completely different minor Gods seems kind of overkill.
posted 25 March 2004 03:28 PM EDT (US)     8 / 110  
Maybe not Darth, but stating how her techs affect SoO, or if they do at all would be useful to new players.

Don't be so defensive, I'm giving you advice.

ESO user name - ChimeraArtemis
Favourite Major Gods: Isis, Hades, Gaia, Loki, Ra, Thor

Creator of the Egyptian Myth Unit Guides - Phoenix, Wadjet, Scorpion Man, Scarab, Petsuchos
And the Atlantean Myth Unit Guides: Stymphalian Bird, Satyr, Lampades, Heka-Gigantes, Man O'War, Dryad, Automaton

posted 25 March 2004 03:30 PM EDT (US)     9 / 110  
I understand that. Sorry if I seem kind of sensitive, I'm just kind of tired... Let's not get into an arguement here though...
posted 25 March 2004 04:16 PM EDT (US)     10 / 110  
It annoys me that a 1 shot Mythic GP uber heroe gets killed by Greek heroes (or close to), i eman u shud hav to swarm him to kill him, instead it takes 3 CHAMPION HOPLITES...COME ON, 3 of them kill SoO??!?!?? How embarissing!!

Death smiles on us all...all any of us can do is smile back.

Those who are brave, and live by the sword...get shot by those who don't

Highest ESO Raiting: 1738
Favorite God: Ra

posted 25 March 2004 04:31 PM EDT (US)     11 / 110  
I agree. I was surprised. But the SoO works best with a meat shield.
posted 25 March 2004 05:09 PM EDT (US)     12 / 110  
Spelling is way wrong(hopolites?). Stats are wrong(on the soo). Lack of armory upgrades. Forgot to mention that he attacks every 2 secs instead of every 1 like most units, so it doesnt do 60 dmg but 30. Also eggies can snipe soo with chariots and greeks can snipe soo with toxotes.

/me bored of stupid guides.

Seriously, what is the point of this? Grow up already. Stop acting like babies crying(writing guides) to draw other ppl's attention to themselves.

Quote:

Not everyone goes Nephytys, so I didn't use her techs

Well if you actually played the game and chose osiris, you would notice that a soo in mythic has 546hp without any visible techs, he probably gets a secret tech but i dont care cause its you who are supposed to be doing this guide not me.

ESO name : Relaxing

Eisai ellinas? Tote ela sto www.noobwars.gr.

[This message has been edited by NIB (edited 03-25-2004 @ 05:19 PM).]

posted 25 March 2004 05:44 PM EDT (US)     13 / 110  
Pretty good guide, at least I learned at least one thing.

Quoted from Darth Persia:

Always keep a meat shield around him (Son of Osiris) like Chariots...chances are he is using chariots or slinger as his meatshield so they can still attack.

My question is why would you use ranged units (slinger/chariot archer) to be a meat shield for your SoO? Why not use camels, elaphants, or base line infantry instead? It would make more sence to use a real "meat shield" than some vulnerable slingers/chariots to go up against the enemy's melee units.
I vote Nidhogg

ESO name: WND_WiseWizard
Proud to be a Wanderer
Check out our clan at our AoM: TT home page.

[This message has been edited by White_Wizard (edited 03-25-2004 @ 08:59 PM).]

posted 25 March 2004 05:45 PM EDT (US)     14 / 110  
Pharoahs get stronger by age, hence the SoO is stronger in the actual game (mythic age) then the Scenario (archaic age)
posted 25 March 2004 07:36 PM EDT (US)     15 / 110  
interesting. nidhogg

When people are sad, I'm happy. When I'm miserable, people celebrate. I wonder why.
posted 25 March 2004 07:40 PM EDT (US)     16 / 110  
I would just like to know?
How Long did this guide take you? hmm?

30minutes prehaps? Most guides take like 2 hours to write ( i know my phoenix one did), contain all relevant upgrades, normally test the mythic upgrades for a unit etcetcetc a guide is the COMPLETE low down on a unit, telling the reader pretty much everything they want to know about it...THIS guide, does not, it would be a good guide if a little more time and effort had been put inot it (sorry to flame but it is true)

In the words of Shiva

"If you plan to write a guide put some time and effort into it so it is a quality guide"...thanku for ur time.

Death smiles on us all...all any of us can do is smile back.

Those who are brave, and live by the sword...get shot by those who don't

Highest ESO Raiting: 1738
Favorite God: Ra

posted 25 March 2004 07:55 PM EDT (US)     17 / 110  
Nice Guide Darth. Although Bella might have lost in your tests, a good player would Micro the Jump attack and kill SoO 4 times quicker

It's great to see guides on something OTHER than MUs, that niche is already taken. I think people should be a little less harsh on DP. Anyone can make mistakes and I'd definately have forgotten to do the age advance (better Pharoahs)! DP is right in saying that not everyone picks Nepth, but it wouldn't be a BAD decision to include it.

I'm surprised SoO didn't kill 2 Collosi. Don't MUs have a negative bonus against heroes? I though SoO was a one man army, but he kinda sucks...

Proud member of the Orion Clan
Orion_Tok
Check out my Japanese Civilisation Design Here!
posted 26 March 2004 02:46 AM EDT (US)     18 / 110  
Crap guide... Who's going to use SoO as a one man army? Yep, forums are n00bifing. Stop posting guides, they are crap.

The Wait Is Over

DoJo Clan Site
posted 26 March 2004 05:51 AM EDT (US)     19 / 110  
You Told nothing about empowerment rates of SOO. though not many go Nephytys u could have done both and let us know how much her techs affect and what are the difference. U bring about all possible combination without and with certain techs that affect soo andthe units that it go against to make it fair guide. So please consider both sides of the coin and give some detais of empowerment. Isis might use him in the base empower different stuff so as to protect him Zeus bolt!!!

[This message has been edited by arunprasaad_s (edited 03-26-2004 @ 11:28 AM).]

posted 26 March 2004 10:53 AM EDT (US)     20 / 110  
It seems that Perseus is an interesting hero so I' vote for him

SUPERDROIDEKA
posted 26 March 2004 04:35 PM EDT (US)     21 / 110  
Hmmmm, looks like Nidghogg and Perseus are close. I thought people would not be flaming, but guess I'm wrong...

Anyway, thx for the feedback Sp3ctre, I will remember to do the appropriate Age advances next time. I think the reason the SoO lost to two golden Collosi is because he had no meatshield. Also, altough Bellpheron might have done more damage to the SoO by microing his special attack, SoO can attack from range, so SoO can still attack. Finally, although i know that pharohs improve with Age Advance, I'm not clear on how that affects SoO.

Sheesh, some people have no civility!! I'm still getting flames from some people....

EDIT: It seems that it gains several hitpoints. Boy, is my face red....

[This message has been edited by Darth Persia (edited 03-27-2004 @ 08:11 AM).]

posted 26 March 2004 04:45 PM EDT (US)     22 / 110  
why dont you edit it and put in some simple bb code?

click the edit button on this post and cut and paste the cody-looking bits into youre post if you like, or go here

copy this:

or this:

and thank aomh for the pictures. lol.

posted 26 March 2004 04:54 PM EDT (US)     23 / 110  
Thx for the advice
posted 26 March 2004 05:25 PM EDT (US)     24 / 110  
posted 26 March 2004 07:08 PM EDT (US)     25 / 110  
@yohan
@phoenix
go to hell a-holes...this was a good guide...at least he's making things not bringing them down...And yohan the only n00b posting in this thread is you so get a life!
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 5  Next Page »
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy Discussion » A guide to the Son of Osiris
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames