Please login or register

Technical Help
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Online Gameplay Issues
posted 15 May 2008 09:00 PM EDT (US)   
Hello! I keep trying to get online and play, but it keeps saying that there is an update for Age of Mythology required before I can play that I need to download. I've pressed the update button about 5 times and it keeps telling me I'm up to date and yet I still can't get online. I don't know what I can do. I've manually updated both AOM and AOM: TE from the official website and it still isn't working.

If anyone has any other suggestions please tell me.

UPDATE: New issues are coming up now. I downloaded the patch that was in the link that DeathandPain gave me and that didn't work either, but that's fine. I reinstalled the game and tried to connect again although this time it says that it is downloading an update. Well now it's stuck in this loop where it finishes downloading the update, exits, then attempts to open again and it says that I need to reinstall the game again because there is a problem. I reinstall the game again and the same things keep happening.

[This message has been edited by BloodyWonder (edited 05-16-2008 @ 11:17 AM).]

Replies:
posted 16 May 2008 02:15 AM EDT (US)     1 / 3  
Pretty much every third question on this forum is yours, so a little search would have worked wonders.

Just one of the numerous examples.

I hate it when ppl are that lazy but expect others to invest work and help them.

Darkness is a state of mind
Valor is the contempt of Death and Pain. (Tacitus)
Problems worthy of attack prove their worth by hitting back. (Piet Hein)
posted 16 May 2008 10:37 AM EDT (US)     2 / 3  
Excuse me, Your Majesty, as I am but a lowly servant I did not mean to offend thee!

Look, I already checked the threads on this forum and none of them addressed my problem. The four that are on the main page were not particularly helpful. One of them didn't even get answered. Yeah, I know how annoying it is to have the same question asked over and over and over again (I'm a reg. at several forums on iMDB). But this is the world of computers, and each persons computer is different, therefore each individual person will have different issues with their game.

Thank you for linking me to a different thread that I obviously didn't see before. But my recommendation is to lighten up. This isn't the craziest board and looking at the posting history for the Tech. Help section this shouldn't seem like such a burden for you.

[This message has been edited by BloodyWonder (edited 05-16-2008 @ 10:45 AM).]

posted 20 May 2008 08:18 AM EDT (US)     3 / 3  
But this is the world of computers, and each persons computer is different, therefore each individual person will have different issues with their game.
Nope, some issues are those that are most common. There is no point in explaining these to every single user that encounters them.

And if multiple threads that contain the question have no satisfying answer, chances are there is none. (like for the That's Hot owners that would like to pay online. They simply cannot.) Asking the same question yet another time will hardly produce a better result.

Darkness is a state of mind
Valor is the contempt of Death and Pain. (Tacitus)
Problems worthy of attack prove their worth by hitting back. (Piet Hein)
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Technical Help » Online Gameplay Issues
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames