Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: AOMTT RPG triggers template
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 13 November 2003 05:11 PM EDT (US)   

AOMTT RPG trigger template, it is an almost blank map with triggers and essential objects with in a small area of “control panel.” There are 12 systems, which I collected from real RPG such as Diablo and T4c, featured on this template.

You can disable any of the systems you don’t want to use by simply deleting the objects relating to the trigger group. There are many customizable options, many of which have not been determined yet.

I've worked on this for quite a while now, and I am at 40% of this project, as many of the features are already completed.

[This message has been edited by battlestar000 (edited 12-27-2003 @ 08:00 PM).]

Replies:
posted 13 November 2003 05:28 PM EDT (US)     1 / 31  
Sounds cool. That could probably encourage a few more higher quality RPG's. Did you get my last email Battlestar?
posted 14 November 2003 07:03 PM EDT (US)     2 / 31  
This will come with two RPG maps as demonstrations, fully playable.

Campaign "the last of the atlanteans" will also be using this template.

posted 15 November 2003 11:56 AM EDT (US)     3 / 31  
Cant wait for it to be released. If you want I will help in whatever way i can.
posted 17 November 2003 06:11 PM EDT (US)     4 / 31  
thanx a lot for the offer, however there probably isn't any way for you to help me. I'm pretty much stuck on doing it by myself (since it's all triggers and an unbroken stream of logic is required)
posted 18 November 2003 05:28 PM EDT (US)     5 / 31  
Ok just thought i would offer.
posted 24 November 2003 08:58 PM EDT (US)     6 / 31  
50% now. 7 out of 13 systems are done.

a glimpse of one of the systems:

Stats System:
Player has full control over what his character's stats will be, no starting class, it is all determined by how much and when you spend your stat points on where.

For example:
If you want to build a pure (or naked) archer, you would only invest in "Agility", so you will receive a highly lethal in attack but physically vulnerable character.

If you want to build a classic warrior, you should invest large amounts of "strength" early on, and also keep up on "endurance" at the same time. If done right, the result is a balanced melee fighter with a good deal of hit point and also fair amount of attack.

anyhow, there's more than hundreds of ways to build your character, so how your character will come out is solely dependant on how you distributed the stats.

Note: character building is not only effected by the stat system but also 3 other major RPG systems as well.

... oh this is for AOMTT

[This message has been edited by battlestar000 (edited 11-24-2003 @ 09:01 PM).]

posted 24 November 2003 11:30 PM EDT (US)     7 / 31  
Sounds cool.
When do you think that you'll finish it?
posted 28 November 2003 11:58 PM EDT (US)     8 / 31  
I'm well underway, but I don't know when exactly I would be able to finish this. Part of the reason being I'll never know when I get stuck on a problem and how long it takes to solve it. The systems are quite complicated. An example being the Spells system, which consist of 10 sub systems, estimating 456 triggers, each with a load of conditions and effects.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In the template, you will be able to check your status with two ways.

One, physically selecting a theocrat in the “control panel.” Corresponding theocrats will display corresponding information.

Two, chat controls. With it, you can center on protagonist, check commands available, check mana, stats, and other statuses; you can also invoke spells with it, etc.

[This message has been edited by battlestar000 (edited 11-29-2003 @ 00:29 AM).]

posted 08 December 2003 02:57 AM EDT (US)     9 / 31  
About the mages:

There are six types of Arch Mage types you can build. To achieve it you will need to plan everything carefully to the very fine details (stat, gold, skill points, spell prerequisites).

Six Circles of Magic, each with 5 spells.

Each Arch Mage type requires different arrangement of stats:
Fire Archmages are Int based,
Arch Summoners are Wis based,
Arch Matter Priests leans toward Wis,
Arch Spirit Warlocks leans toward Int,
Arch Battlemages and Arch Energymages require equal amount of Wis and Int.

If you chose not invest so deep in a single type of spell, you can get Apprentices of every sort you like.

Combined with stat system, you can build other type of characters such as Tank mages, Paladins, Priests... You name it.

I'll prolly finish this in two months to come.

[This message has been edited by battlestar000 (edited 12-08-2003 @ 03:04 AM).]

posted 08 December 2003 03:29 AM EDT (US)     10 / 31  
In one of my old RPG scenarios I used the favor pool as a collection of personal favor points. For example, if you complete a quest where you help someone out, you receive favor from that person and you will be able to come to them for help whenever you need it through out the rest of the game.

The object to my scenario was to complete as many quests as you could so that you could earn up to 100 favor points. Once you got 100 favor, you could unlock the final quest that led to winning the scenario. It was really awesome but I failed to release it because my harddrive took a crap and deleted all of my files.

I don't know why I posted that here ... but yor ideas for an RPG tutorial brought this to my attention.

//////////////-Halus-Cryxibus-\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
**********--Halo-Cryxos--**********
*######################*
*######################*
*######################*
posted 10 December 2003 02:21 AM EDT (US)     11 / 31  
That's a bummer.

here the experience is kept with a quest var.

[This message has been edited by battlestar000 (edited 12-10-2003 @ 02:26 AM).]

posted 10 December 2003 04:10 PM EDT (US)     12 / 31  
Great idea! Infact it gave me an idea!

A multilayer scenario where you cam customize your civ at the start. You can choose two benifits to every unit you have. And choose a civ benifet in military, econemy, and defence. But i have to wait until i finish three other projects, becuase i don't want to overload myself.

Cavuy | Writer, Graphic & Web Designer
ex-Modder and Scenario Designer | Legacy
Member since May 5th, 2003
posted 10 December 2003 08:49 PM EDT (US)     13 / 31  
Great Work BattleStar000! Could you tell us the systems?

"War does not determine who is right, only who is left." - Bertrand Russell
"Things are more like they are now than they ever were before."
- Dwight D. Eisenhower
posted 10 December 2003 11:59 PM EDT (US)     14 / 31  
Now there are 13 instead of 12 systems.

Level, different based on 3 levels of monster difficulties
Stats, users distribution of stat points on str/end/agi/int/wis
Skill, 13 various skills
spell, 30 various spells
random gold gain on kills, based on 3 lvls of monster difficulties
potions, 3 type of potions
shrines, like in Diablo II
healers, 2 sets of prices
smith, limited hack and pierce upgrades
monster upgrade, automatic upg for enemy like in Diablo II
items, very basic one for now, will be upgraded to a more realistic one in version 2
re-spawn, no more worry if the “protagonist” (protagonist=heroes like Arkantos and Ajax CPU, etc.) die, he’ll just pop back to his temple.
Running, if you are tired of long walks.

I’ll let you guys know what exactly each system includes eventually

[This message has been edited by battlestar000 (edited 12-11-2003 @ 00:02 AM).]

posted 15 December 2003 09:19 PM EDT (US)     15 / 31  
Hey i'm still working on this.

Did I mention a banking system as well (that makes 14 systems in total)?

I just got done with this one.
The bank give you interests.
It’s a continuous exponential growth banking system very similar to real life ones. You’ll find your money in the bank doubled every 47 minutes.

Psst, if you put 500 gold in the bank, leave aom open for 8 and a half hours, you’ll be an millionaire

[This message has been edited by battlestar000 (edited 12-15-2003 @ 09:19 PM).]

posted 15 December 2003 10:05 PM EDT (US)     16 / 31  
AoM monopoly...though I'm usually the cheating banker when I play that

Anyway, I like the idea, everything sounds cool, and I can't wait until you release it, even though I'm fairly sure how you're doing all of them.

[This message has been edited by Phantom_rider (edited 12-15-2003 @ 10:09 PM).]

posted 16 December 2003 03:25 PM EDT (US)     17 / 31  
*drools*

Hehe cool! Can't wait till its released; just one question: Won't it lag a LOT with all those triggers?
who cares I'll still play it :P

posted 16 December 2003 07:06 PM EDT (US)     18 / 31  
No it won't. It takes a little while to load up, but in game it doesn't lag at all. This thing won't even end up with 1k triggers I predict, so it all depends on the map painter. Map lags are usually correspondant on how much objects painted on the map.
posted 18 December 2003 04:54 PM EDT (US)     19 / 31  
How much of the map do you have now? Can you list some of the spells and junk?

- Dwight D. Eisenhower
posted 18 December 2003 05:24 PM EDT (US)     20 / 31  
I really like this a lot Battlestar. Are you planning on releasing a campaign that utilizes all of the systems you are designing, or are some of the systems just for fun?

I'm working on an RPG as well, albeit a slightly less ambitious one. Could you describe briefly how you use quest vars to track experience points and why you chose that method over other ways of doing it? Much appreciated.

:Z

Fly, you fools! The Zman cometh!
"And a mighty TSUNAMI swept them all to sea..."
posted 18 December 2003 07:18 PM EDT (US)     21 / 31  
I'm leading The Last of the Atlanteans, my Primary project, will use this in two maps, all of those systems would be present.

Like old styles of experience tracking, which is based on favor using Norse, using quest var is exactly the same. It is also based on favor completely. Using quest var gives some editing advantage where you can display the experience, easier editing and being able to transfer favor into experience in different rates.
The basic set up is
condition player1 has favor>=1,
effect quest var "experience" +1; grant favor - 1
I chose it because the RPG trigger system supports three levels of monster in easy, medium, and hard, so you gain more exp for medium monsters than easy monsters.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm working on Magics, have done 8 systems.

I'll list the spells today, then I'll list skills in the near future, prolly tomorrow.

First here's the basic thing about spells. They are all GP, you probably already knew that. As I mentioned, there are 6 categories.

To learn spells, you need to satisfy a lot of requirements, such as Wisdom, Intelligence, Level, Previous spells learned, and you also need to spend Skill points on learning spells. Thus, mages do need extra careful plannings, and more than likely, you cannot master two kinds of spells so you can't be a Fire Archmage and Arch Summoner all at once for example.

Matter: more wisdom
Deconstructionlvl2
Underminelvl3
Frostlvl5
Sanctuarylvl6
Earthquakelvl9

Spirit: more intelligence
Spylvl1
Chaoslvl3
Traitorlvl5
Visionlvl6
Invulnerabilitylvl8

Energy: equal w/more pt
Shock wavelvl2
Boltlvl4
World of recalllvl5
Lightning stormlvl8
Implodelvl10

Combat: equal
Bronzelvl3
Restorationlvl4
Curselvl5
Cease-firelvl7
Chicken stormlvl10

Fire: intelligence
Volcanolvl2
Spc meteorlvl4
Flaming weaponslvl5
Tatarian Gatelvl9
Meteorlvl10

Summon: wisdom
Serpentslvl3
Spider lairlvl4
Carnivoralvl5
Walking woodslvl6
Skeleton powerlvl8

[This message has been edited by battlestar000 (edited 12-19-2003 @ 08:01 PM).]

posted 18 December 2003 08:22 PM EDT (US)     22 / 31  
Hmmm... Get rid of the Spc Meteor Spell. That is too powerful. Also. Just an Idea for the Skeleton Power. Add in that trigger another effect. Fire Event. It will fire "AncestorEclipse". It is inactive, looping, and has medium priority. Make its conditions "God Power Active" and timer of 3 seconds and its effects Grant Eclipse and Invoke Eclipse.

- Dwight D. Eisenhower
posted 18 December 2003 10:07 PM EDT (US)     23 / 31  
Very interesting systems. This should be a very nice template. Good work .
posted 19 December 2003 08:07 PM EDT (US)     24 / 31  
thank you.

I won't get rid of any spells tho, even if they are too powerful. It's not just SPC meteor, There's Bolt, Traitor, Frost, Vision, etc.

There are many restraints to make up for it. The most obvious one is mana cost for casting. Int dependant spells that are too powerful will certainly have a high casting cost, so it'll take a while to recharge.

There's also many other restraints. Traitor would have require you have have less than a number of men, Ancestors and others would require a cool down time, and also some spells like Curse will require you to spend extra money on Runes. Runes are bought from the mages, and there's only a limited number of them, but the mages would refill the stock slowly.

posted 20 December 2003 11:33 PM EDT (US)     25 / 31  
The 13 skills

Fast recovery for heroes
Regeneration for monsters
Tranquility automatic experience generation, meant for wis mages
Perception gain more experience for kills, meant for int mages
Skin penetration enemy MU are more vulnerable to hits
Armor penetration enemy soldiers are more vulnerable to hits
Shielding heroes are less vulnerable to arrows
Armor heroes are less vulnerable in hand combats
Meditation fast mana regeneration
Power blow do more hand combat damage at random times
Lycanthrope protagonist hero change into a wolf
Alchemy gold generation
Athletics heroes run faster, good for archers

The more level of skill you learn, the more effective each skill is. One skill point in a skill doesn’t help much, so one need to decide and concentrate skill points on the skills he really need.
````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Skills are here to help the setbacks of each character types. Two examples:

You are making an pure agi archer, he have only 200 hp. Some monsters at level 10 can kill you in two hits. This is where Athletics comes into play. If you get up to the max level of it you’ll be able to run like an elf so the enemy would never catch up with you.
Now take a look at Int mages, these guys have huge mana reserves but they get headaches trying to recover manas. Their spells often cost a lot of mana too. Meditation is meant for Int mages. When activated, your Int mage would be able to regain mana faster.

Most skills have a max level cap for obvious reasons, but some don’t.

Most skills are automatic, like Power Blow, Fast recovery; but some are to be controlled manually. These are Lycanthrope, Meditation. Alchemy is an combination of both.

[This message has been edited by battlestar000 (edited 12-20-2003 @ 11:34 PM).]

« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » AOMTT RPG triggers template
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames