Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Merlord Studios
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 24 December 2003 02:07 PM EDT (US)   
Where is your promised website? Early November? LOL!

And where are your "once a week" projs eh? Hmm, btw can I distribute your phoenix engine online?

Replies:
posted 24 December 2003 02:34 PM EDT (US)     1 / 51  
Phoenix engine? what's that?

A world without nature is a world without life
topace3k-Cuirassiers are like.. some sort of ogre riding an elephant. They wear titanium armor, and have a force field as well. And now, they throw grenades...
Ever wonder if parrots think we are mimicking them?
My ESO2 user name is Arayashiki
posted 24 December 2003 02:44 PM EDT (US)     2 / 51  
You do have a points Guardian..!!
posted 24 December 2003 02:46 PM EDT (US)     3 / 51  
Ofcourse I do. I really don't like it when teams make false promises.
posted 24 December 2003 03:43 PM EDT (US)     4 / 51  
Ah come on now Guardian, it's Christmas
posted 24 December 2003 03:55 PM EDT (US)     5 / 51  
Once a week projects? Holy cow. Remember, quality over quantity.

Guardian, aren't you a member of Merlord?

Byz
Tsunami Studios
"People are born to succeed, not fail." - Henry David Thoreau
posted 24 December 2003 04:11 PM EDT (US)     6 / 51  
Nope, I believe he was kicked out

I am the chosen one.

posted 24 December 2003 04:48 PM EDT (US)     7 / 51  
I quit because the team has ridiculous rules, is extremely inactive and incapable of getting a website. Also, the team was having internal problems including losing its members.

The leaders were extremely bitter when I left so sent out a false rumour to the crowd that they kicked me out. Quite funny, if I do say so myself.

Sad, sad, team.

posted 24 December 2003 05:27 PM EDT (US)     8 / 51  
Gosh, and I was thinking might joining them...
Anyways, I think it'll be better quiting this post, before we ruin the group...
posted 24 December 2003 06:38 PM EDT (US)     9 / 51  
Oh yes, a false rumor. I almost believe that. What good would that do?

Byz
Tsunami Studios
posted 24 December 2003 06:42 PM EDT (US)     10 / 51  
Yea Byz, that is what I believe also, that's why Midas only do team projects, with closely picked designers, also each project when almost ready to be released will go through a team of beta testers and the other designers, which will post every opinion about a map, be it a small MP or huge SP map.

posted 24 December 2003 07:37 PM EDT (US)     11 / 51  
Was the team that bad Guardian_112? Because I joined like before november but no one really cared untill they finally told me a couple of weeks ago that i had to send a sample work. I think the team has really good designers. thats why I decided to joined in. The only thing i didn't like about the team is that when I joined in, they didn't anounced that i was a new member or that i was part of the team. Usually, I think the guys in charge of merlord studios always makes a topic about a new members skills on the forums. but they didn't created a forum about me. I think they should appreciate both none good designers and good designers equally. is not that i'm a bad designer...

Auron: || Aurons Site || Aurons AoM:TT Creations || MY POETRY WEBSITE ||

[This message has been edited by auron 2 (edited 12-24-2003 @ 07:42 PM).]

posted 24 December 2003 08:29 PM EDT (US)     12 / 51  
Wow Lp, nice advertistment. Midas is not the only team that carefully picks designers. Scn Punk, TS, Woad, etc. You know, the oldies.

Byz
Tsunami Studios
posted 24 December 2003 10:10 PM EDT (US)     13 / 51  
what is Midas?

posted 24 December 2003 10:11 PM EDT (US)     14 / 51  
Hi,

I read through this topic because I'm new to AoM scenario design and I read all the new posts. I was hoping to get some new insight into design, but this topic looks more like a big flame war.

Is this common in the AoM forums? I hope to post here to get some tips and advice on an .scn I'm making. In the future I hope to get some positive feedback on the .scn's I create.

If this is common in these forums, is there another forum I can post questions to so I can not get flamed for asking newbie kind of stuff?

Thanks for letting me know.

Eric, aka Dalsor

posted 24 December 2003 10:56 PM EDT (US)     15 / 51  
Heh, don't worry about it. Don't want to frighten you away. It is somewhat common, flamming, but not as much to new comers as it is between people who've been around. We all have egos, you'll find that on any forum. This community is very helpful though, and will not bite your head off.

Byz
Tsunami Studios
posted 24 December 2003 11:46 PM EDT (US)     16 / 51  
hey i'm a snowman!! by the way, what is Midas?

posted 24 December 2003 11:58 PM EDT (US)     17 / 51  
I didn't see any flamming here. Why is it when the topics get a little controversial they are dubbed flamming and are promptly closed. Having a discussion as to why a team split up etc., to me, is just plain industry talk. Just my opinion. I read the posts to get inside information and if we are all too scared about being frank then what's the point of these forums?
posted 25 December 2003 01:43 AM EDT (US)     18 / 51  
This isn't neccessarily flaming. Actually, nobody is flaming really. We're basically asking: WHERE IS YOUR WEBSITE MERLORD?

LoL Byz...Scn Punk is dead.

posted 25 December 2003 02:04 AM EDT (US)     19 / 51  
Im not in the position to tell everyone. But I can say we have a design that the team like and are eventually getting there. It's not very easy getting a) a decent site designer and b) getting the whole team to agree.

So yeh, site's coming. but then again, MDSS isnt about the site, it's about the stuff we make, and you can't complain that that's lacking.

KillaFish
| Graphics | Design | Programming |
posted 25 December 2003 02:08 AM EDT (US)     20 / 51  
Guardian, the team went through a difficult week which is long over.

If you dont care about the team, stop trying to hurt it. I dont understand what is your anger with Merlord. I thought your story was a closed chapter and that you, as you said, stopped caring about it. Lets leave this as it is. Merlord is quite alright, you have been long gone and maybe that is why that all the designers who I believe you know about their quitting (two by the way) came back. Quit the hate,it does no good to none of us.

[This message has been edited by Elendil_King (edited 12-25-2003 @ 02:21 AM).]

posted 25 December 2003 03:07 AM EDT (US)     21 / 51  
lol quit the hate because I asked you, where's your website? Your making your team look even worse now.
posted 25 December 2003 03:14 AM EDT (US)     22 / 51  
Ah Guardian (ohh just noticed those lights on the aomh logo ), I knew this was comin.

Auron 2 you are not a member of merlord studios what the hell are you talking about??? You're a member of the forum but no one has accepted you into the team yet It's harder than that u know.

The site- Well for months have we been searching for a good webmaster. In the beginning we had a site but it wasn't good. Then we went to buy a template but it didnt work out. Then we went searching for a webmaster- disturbedroach came... and went. Now Arnitald is making a site.

We didn't make up a lie about you, Guardian, but rather must have been mistaken, sorry 'bout that

1 project a week was coredoom's CRAZY idea which i was shocked at at the moment he mentioned it.

And shut up about Phoenix Engine

Leader of Liquid Fire. Animator Seb C.

One does not simply leave HG
posted 25 December 2003 03:18 AM EDT (US)     23 / 51  
lol. Pretty cool engine..sent it to 150 of my friends as a christmas gift.

Quote:

Well for months have we been searching for a good webmaster. In the beginning we had a site but it wasn't good. Then we went to buy a template but it didnt work out. Then we went searching for a webmaster- disturbedroach came... and went. Now Arnitald is making a site.

I actually convinced Disturbed Roach to come back after he left you guys, lol and you chased him away again. *sigh*.

posted 25 December 2003 03:19 AM EDT (US)     24 / 51  
Oh and about our little organization problem...
Coredoom is on holiday so everything was left to me- and it is extremly difficult since my comp broke down and i recently went on holiday. And I'm not embarrased to say it seems the team is getting a little inactive and i've been trying to sort problems and stuff for a while now.

Merry Xmas all

Leader of Liquid Fire. Animator Seb C.

One does not simply leave HG

[This message has been edited by RiderOfEternity (edited 12-25-2003 @ 03:20 AM).]

posted 25 December 2003 04:11 AM EDT (US)     25 / 51  
Well Guardian. I was right about kicking you out. Look what you start. The site is a problem because you wanted to give us one? Oh well. Weekly projects??? Who said that?

And by the way, this is simply a thread that is showing your whole character. I have proofs of lying to me and to Lord Reaver and to Rider himself. You are a liar and an idiot without life posting this here.

« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Merlord Studios
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames