loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: SCIPIO 1.1 is now avaiable
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 07 June 2004 01:53 AM EDT (US)   
The scenario can be download here:
http://aom.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=3035

Here are some screenshots:

I'm going to partecipate with this scenario in a contest in my country so if you want to comment it write in download section but if you want to give some advice use this topic.

Replies:
posted 07 June 2004 03:24 PM EDT (US)     1 / 46  
very good map it has been given a RMDA! click the link in my sig for more info!

runner of the RMDA an award site for people who make maps propally! http://www.freewebs.com/aom_world/index.htm
posted 07 June 2004 05:36 PM EDT (US)     2 / 46  
I cannot save Scipio from the barbarians. They're too many. Also, Capitolina's army is useless. The only problem of the maze is that we cant see anything!

--- Twelve encarnations of evil attacked Earth in the last 12000 years. The elves have foreseen that another one will do the same. Tahattus is the 13º encarnation of evil, the last one, and battling against him will change all the rules about the things... --- Zumas Poéticas, 2300 B. C.

[This message was probably messed up by any of the moderators! (edited 06-26-2004 @ 02:16 PM).]

posted 07 June 2004 05:59 PM EDT (US)     3 / 46  
Breathtaking.

_________________.##@@$$$@@##._____________
______________,##@$::%$$%%::$@##.__________
____________#@$:%%000000000%%:$@#_________
___________#@$:%00'___________'00%:$@#_______
__________#@$:%0'_______________'0%:$@#______
_________#@$:%0__________________0%:$@#_____
posted 07 June 2004 06:04 PM EDT (US)     4 / 46  

Quote:

I cannot save Scipio from the barbarians. They're too many. Also, Capitolina's army is useless. The only problem of the maze is that we cant see anything!

If you don't lose to many soldiers against the titans the defence of the fortress is a simple thing.

Lupa Capitolina is very strong, this she-wolf can kill 8-9 barbarians before dying.

It's normal that in a maze you can't see anything.

posted 07 June 2004 06:06 PM EDT (US)     5 / 46  
i know this is off-topic but, where is grande4, or better known as Mago Merlino?

oh yes, why dont you make this thread a showcase of your scenario instead of just posting a few screenshots?

Auron: || Aurons Site || Aurons AoM:TT Creations || MY POETRY WEBSITE ||

[This message has been edited by auron 2 (edited 06-07-2004 @ 06:07 PM).]

posted 07 June 2004 06:08 PM EDT (US)     6 / 46  
Ops...the screen in this moment can't be seen.
posted 07 June 2004 06:11 PM EDT (US)     7 / 46  

Quote:

i know this is off-topic but, where is grande4, or better known as Mago Merlino?

Yes, you are right, to rebuild this scenario have colloaborated many people.

What is a showcase?

Xreach268

But are there other maps in RMDA?

[This message has been edited by Oscar (edited 06-07-2004 @ 06:30 PM).]

posted 07 June 2004 06:42 PM EDT (US)     8 / 46  
you didnt answered my question oscar, where is grande4?

a showcase is a thread of document where you write in detail what your scenario is about, including features, story, credits, requirements, and everything esle you want to add.

[This message has been edited by auron 2 (edited 06-07-2004 @ 06:42 PM).]

posted 07 June 2004 06:50 PM EDT (US)     9 / 46  
Sorry, because my bad English I couldn't understand your question.
Where is grande4? Naturally in Italy....
In any case is very active in italian forums of AoM but I think that he isn't here because his relation with English language is not good...
posted 07 June 2004 06:59 PM EDT (US)     10 / 46  
i completed the scn, very nice, but there r some problems with the control of the characters (thet got stuck in places where they shouldnt). the pyramid isnt that beautiful as the one in the picture. amazing the scene where krios kills scipios's soldiers. where r u from, oscar? the wolf's name is very funny!

--- Twelve encarnations of evil attacked Earth in the last 12000 years. The elves have foreseen that another one will do the same. Tahattus is the 13º encarnation of evil, the last one, and battling against him will change all the rules about the things... --- Zumas Poéticas, 2300 B. C.

[This message was probably messed up by any of the moderators! (edited 06-26-2004 @ 02:16 PM).]

posted 07 June 2004 07:16 PM EDT (US)     11 / 46  

Quote:

where r u from, oscar? the wolf's name is very funny!

I'm from Italy, from the north of Italy, a place where sylvan nymph (and some ents...) still alive

The wolf name? Capitolina is from Latin

Quote:

amazing the scene where krios kills scipios's soldiers.

I think the best one is Scipio's tomb at the end.

posted 07 June 2004 07:26 PM EDT (US)     12 / 46  
^ that's the sad scene.

I meant the funny one! I put some comments on the download section.

posted 07 June 2004 07:52 PM EDT (US)     13 / 46  
Tahattus!
Your rate is unfair, the old version of Scipio has tha avarage of 4.5 and you give to the new better version 3.8?
It's incredible. This kind of things happens only in heavengames.
posted 07 June 2004 07:54 PM EDT (US)     14 / 46  
Map design 4?!!?!?!?!?
you are MAD!
Please, someone rate seriously my map
posted 07 June 2004 07:57 PM EDT (US)     15 / 46  
Hahahahah sorry, but it's not unfair. Just create nother version correcting the problems.

posted 07 June 2004 09:15 PM EDT (US)     16 / 46  
well, in some parts of that review i gotta agree with thattus, but i think the rating is kinda too harsh. even with the minor bugs it has, it is still a 4+ scenario. but i guess i review is based on a persons experience upon the scenario.

map design: i would give it a 5, there are some really nice and never before seen ideas. the maze is supposed to be dark, thats waht makes it more realistic.

objectives: well, i dont see much of a problem looking at the objectives window. the first objectives are mentioned on messages. unfortunately, i cant say much of the other objectives since i havent finish it yet.

posted 07 June 2004 09:35 PM EDT (US)     17 / 46  
I'm not saying about the darkness of the maze. I'm saying that the walls don't allow us to SEE scipio.They're just too high, and ugly. I would put more black, less red. I'm sorry if it's -4, it's becuse i'm not very good with numbers

posted 08 June 2004 00:31 AM EDT (US)     18 / 46  

Quote:

Hahahahah sorry, but it's not unfair. Just create nother version correcting the problems.

Don't dream, I never lose my time again for idiots like you that has difficulty to play this kind of scenario and that are too envious to rate in a good way my work.

[This message has been edited by Oscar (edited 06-08-2004 @ 00:39 AM).]

posted 08 June 2004 05:32 AM EDT (US)     19 / 46  
sorry, a rate every mistake people make. Really sorry. It's time to pick your scenario up, make a few changes and post it again. I can rate it again, then.

posted 08 June 2004 10:39 AM EDT (US)     20 / 46  
Hello Oscar,

Do not let you put down by some rating...
I have seen the screenshots of your game and they look very good !!!

I did not have played your game yet but I will do for sure.
I think its a very good thing that you have taken the effort to update your game...(it shows that you really care about designing)

...As I haven't played your game yet I cannot judge on the ratings by Tahattus....

..however...I must say that the "fun" he has in reacting on your dissapointment about his rating is..well ..somewhat out of place..and at least a bit strange.

@ Tahattus
I think it's not smart to degrade your rating with a reaction "of pleasure" in putting somebody down who really can do nothing at all back (just complain in the bad ratings sector..nothing more)

Don't get me wrong I can't really give your ratings any critisme because i haven't played the game myself..but the tone you use against Oscars reaction can also bring the seriousness of your rating in doubt.
Furthermore the bad thing is that Oscar is one of the vew designers who really puts effort in his work..so it would be ashame if he left the comminty just for some quarrel about a rating.

I do not want to be a judge or whatever but maybe you two should just discuss this on a respectfull way against eachother.

Ok best regards to both of you,
The vandhaal

BEST REGARDS,
THE VANDHAAL

El Vandhaal tiene gusto de las mujeres atractivas que usan los talones altos y las medias cosidas | Le Vandhaal qui aime les femmes qui portent des talons hauts et bas cousus.
HG moderators if you feel paranoid then translate the above here
More: ((( THE VANDHAAL WEBSITE)))(((STEAM VANDHAAL AOM EE COLLECTION)))(((VANDHAAL BLOG)))
[This message has been edited by The Vandhaal (edited 12-31-2999 @ 23:59 PM).]
posted 08 June 2004 11:19 AM EDT (US)     21 / 46  
yours is the first oscar! me and some mates have just started it to give real map dessigners recognition due to the huge amounts of maps in AOM heaven that are severly sub standard due to lack of effort. winning one proves your map to be a verry high quality one! so bravo, more should be aworded soon as we go back through old maps or look at new ones.

runner of the RMDA an award site for people who make maps propally! http://www.freewebs.com/aom_world/index.htm
posted 08 June 2004 11:38 AM EDT (US)     22 / 46  
Awesome, great scenario!
posted 08 June 2004 11:49 AM EDT (US)     23 / 46  

Quote:

Don't dream, I never lose my time again for idiots like you that has difficulty to play this kind of scenario and that are too envious to rate in a good way my work.

Woah woah woah, he was just giving his opinion. Calm down, chill.

I'm not downloading this (no AoM) looks good though.

posted 08 June 2004 11:58 AM EDT (US)     24 / 46  
Sorry for my bad reaction but yesterday was a bad day: my new scenario was criticize in the same moment here and in two forum in my country so I was a little annoyed.
posted 08 June 2004 01:00 PM EDT (US)     25 / 46  
I find the story a bit "hidden". Why is SoK doing this? I probubly missed something (again )

The scebario is quite fun to play niiiiiiiice

I think FOG.
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » SCIPIO 1.1 is now avaiable
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames