Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Birthright-The Adventure
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 4  Next Page »
posted 18 November 2004 04:36 AM EDT (US)   

Birthright-The Adventure is finally complete along with all its bugs fixed with the help of Kavik from Liquid Fire Studios.

The scenario will be released as soon as I have added the 'AD mission' (almost done) and playtested it.

Story:

Birthright is a Fantasy Role Playing Scenario/Game (RPG) that takes you in an epic adventure accross the land of Vvarvandfel fighting beasts, thieves, and gladiators while completing the more than 150 quests available accross the world.

The RPG boasts extraordinary replayability value since it gives you the ability to customize your own character by:

- Selecting Race (Human, Dwarf or Creature)

- Selecting Name

- Selecting Gender (Male and Female)

- Selecting Weapon (Long Range or Melee)

The RPG also boasts these features-

- 512 X 512 map covered with tons of eye candy similiar to that seen in the KoTM series- a massive world with 5 major cities each with dozens and dozens of quests.

- Realistic enviornment- ambitient sounds, day/night cycle and weather effects.

- Over 100 quests, an engaging, interesting story line and epic RPG play.

- Rob houses if thievery is your dream.

- Purchase AND customize your own pet.

- Stamina and Hunger meters to add to the suspense and the challenge.

- Tons of special areas to visit- try your luck in the gladitorial Arena, visit the local zoo or travel towards the lost island of mystery.

- Gain Experience to defeat your foes.

- Collect money, weaponry or magic spells from the bodies of your fallen foes.

- Upgrade your characters using an easy upgrade system (with the money you earn through quests).

- Join several guilds, including the notorious assassin's guild.

- Teleport to any location you would like- at a certain price, ofcourse.

- An engaging, story line with a full prologue cinematic (included with the file, so its actually two scenarios) with voice overs from forummer Gea (will try to get the rest of it voiced as well). **COMING IN DECEMBER**

- A seperate sound pack full of countless sounds including voices, ambitient and envioronmental sounds, and music.

It needs around 3 more hours of work. Here are some screenshots in the meantime:

Cyclops in Skaal

Caius Cosades

Entrance to Mournhold

Skaal Tavern

Archaeopterix (Night)

Full (Photoshopped) Map (Map will be included in readme so you can find your way around)

I'll add more as I playtest and take some screens.

[This message has been edited by Gaurdian_112 (edited 11-19-2004 @ 08:53 AM).]

Replies:
posted 18 November 2004 05:19 AM EDT (US)     1 / 96  
Bah, Morrowind
posted 18 November 2004 05:22 AM EDT (US)     2 / 96  
Hehehehe
posted 18 November 2004 05:37 AM EDT (US)     3 / 96  
Awesome! I can't wait to play it.

Dnas
Wildfire games 0 A. D. texture artist.
Rest In Peace, Flipbizcut (1979-2005)

[This message may have been edited by Dnas (edited 49-92-4096 @ 42:93 PM).]

posted 18 November 2004 05:43 AM EDT (US)     4 / 96  
Can't you take that old man's (Caius Cosades') shirt off?
posted 18 November 2004 05:47 AM EDT (US)     5 / 96  
lol nah. Caius Cosades likes his new shirt.

Ah one more bug to fix- the scarabs keep talking in scarab language, need to disable that after you learn the language. And a few more missions in Mournhold, feels too empty there.

posted 18 November 2004 05:56 AM EDT (US)     6 / 96  
Good stuff Guardian, the mods will like this, proof you should have been unbanned ages ago!

    
posted 18 November 2004 07:52 AM EDT (US)     7 / 96  
The "Entrance to Mournhold" pic, looks sweeeeeeeeeeet.....

Nice one.

(¯`-.:=LJC=:.-´¯)
|Member of|Ambition Designs| & |TOAO Clan|
|Download|The Greek Dream|
|Check|F.A.Q|
posted 18 November 2004 08:16 AM EDT (US)     8 / 96  
Yeah Mournhold is probably the most interesting city in terms of missions. That's where I placed the small AD mission anyways.
posted 18 November 2004 08:28 AM EDT (US)     9 / 96  
This ia obviously going to be really good. And the map idea... *gives Gaurdian cookie*
posted 18 November 2004 08:35 AM EDT (US)     10 / 96  
lol

BTW is it just me or is only half of the map loading? Weird...

posted 18 November 2004 09:09 AM EDT (US)     11 / 96  
Well, I'm exhausted and finished. I've been working on Birthright since December 2003 and now its been almost a year of non-stop work on the scenario. The reason it took so long is because, well, this is the first time I've attempted something this big and so alot of bugs arise. Plus I made so many changes over the months.

Anyways, hope you guys like it, its my first every large-scale RPG scn, so hopefully if you like this style I can continue doing more RPG's. I built myself an RPG template so now its just a question of adding a story and missions (no need to re-do the tough triggers).

Villi is playtesting, I'm waiting for Rider to get online, once he's on I'll get confirmation from him and release it.

BTW, if you find any bugs please notify me so I can update the file in the thread. Though I doubt you will find any because I fixed almost all of them!

posted 18 November 2004 10:24 AM EDT (US)     12 / 96  
Wanted to add,

Selecting your race determines the difficulty of the scenario. Humans are easy, Dwarves Medium, Creatures hard. That way selecting your race isn't just for looks. I would suggest Humans if you're not in the mood for lots of micromanaging.

posted 18 November 2004 11:43 AM EDT (US)     13 / 96  
Great stuff Guardian!
posted 18 November 2004 11:45 AM EDT (US)     14 / 96  
First of all welcome back Guardian !!

I am glad the Birthright game will be aviable in the AomH download sector !! Nice screenshots

from now on behave and good luck with your future projects !!

Best regards,
The Vandhaal

BEST REGARDS,
THE VANDHAAL

El Vandhaal tiene gusto de las mujeres atractivas que usan los talones altos y las medias cosidas | Le Vandhaal qui aime les femmes qui portent des talons hauts et bas cousus.
HG moderators if you feel paranoid then translate the above here
More: ((( THE VANDHAAL WEBSITE)))(((STEAM VANDHAAL AOM EE COLLECTION)))(((VANDHAAL BLOG)))
[This message has been edited by The Vandhaal (edited 12-31-2999 @ 23:59 PM).]
posted 18 November 2004 12:55 PM EDT (US)     15 / 96  

Quote:

from now on behave and good luck with your future projects !!

How come I once played a buggy version of Birthright!? Anyway, if fixed them all it'll be pretty good...
posted 18 November 2004 01:30 PM EDT (US)     16 / 96  
LOL you got it too? I kind of gave up back then and just released it for the sake of it- with like 100 bugs. I've hunted all the bastards down and now its totally 100% bug free (I hope). Anyways if there are any bugs none are major.
posted 18 November 2004 01:37 PM EDT (US)     17 / 96  
I hope so... BTW, you should edit your old sig, shouldn't you (LFS link etc.) ?
posted 18 November 2004 01:43 PM EDT (US)     18 / 96  
Ah everyone knows where LFS is. I need the space lol, I only have one line left thanks to that damn monkey.

Well, I've just fixed THE final bug and I playtested as player 1 so it won't like play as player 2 or something- I hate it when that happens.

Villi just went off after giving me a half-report of bugs, so I'm assuming there are no more, I haven't found any myself, so hopefully...

Ah well, guess I'll submit soon. People if you find any bugs TELL me, lol.

[This message has been edited by Gaurdian_112 (edited 11-18-2004 @ 01:45 PM).]

posted 18 November 2004 01:59 PM EDT (US)     19 / 96  
Looks great.

Is the map a real AoM Screenie, or is it a drawn\painted picture?

posted 18 November 2004 02:14 PM EDT (US)     20 / 96  
Its the map itself, I just edited it so you can't see the actual stuff.

Ok, submitted. Now the tension begins, hopefully you will all like it and no problems will arise. When you play it, try everything, you won't realize it but there is over 2 hours worth of gameplay in there if you really set out to do everything. Remember that you can teleport from one location to another at a certain cost.

P.S. Don't forget to buy food and recharge your stamina. Just clickie on the granaries to buy food, you need 25 gold though, and click on the manors to get some sleep.

And on a side note, balancing issues may occur, like humans being too over powered. If you feel that you are too powerful, just choose another race. Creatures are VERY challenging IMO, and you can't advance to any location really without gaining experience first. Unless you want to die (or cheat).

Hope I'm online when its submitted. I don't have too much confidence in myself actually, everytime I release a scn the days of Spartan come back to me- when I thought my scn was great until a 2.9 told me other wise!

posted 18 November 2004 02:19 PM EDT (US)     21 / 96  

Quote:

And on a side note, balancing issues may occur, like humans being too over powered. If you feel that you are too powerful, just choose another race. Creatures are VERY challenging IMO, and you can't advance to any location really without gaining experience first. Unless you want to die (or cheat).

Hm. IMO, if you even know of that you should fix it before you release it. This way you have to accept a bad balance rating. From what I can guess from your post it seems like a 2/5 (the balance; just an unimportant and vague guess though, maybe completely wrong).
posted 18 November 2004 02:23 PM EDT (US)     22 / 96  
No not really. I just wanted to point out that I purposely made the humans much easier than the other two civs- effectively creating three difficulty levels. I didn't find the Humans over-balanced myself but some people here are better players/micros than I and the noob playtesters, so as I said, if you find it too easy for you, choose a harder race.

I actually worked an hour today on balance issues, and I really worked on the 'Upgrade' trigger to make sure it doesnt make you too powerful.

BTW, don't forget to use that trigger to upgrade. You'll gain experience without using it but its very useful if you're not in the mood of completing all the missions.

Enjoy! (Submission successful)

AND READ THE BLOODY README. Print it out.

[This message has been edited by Gaurdian_112 (edited 11-18-2004 @ 02:25 PM).]

posted 18 November 2004 02:36 PM EDT (US)     23 / 96  

Quote:

I purposely made the humans much easier

Hm. If that is true, stress it in every readme/description/announcement etc or everyone will give you a low rating in balance.

Hey, I want to know why you were unbanned and why I rule! Send me an email !

posted 18 November 2004 02:41 PM EDT (US)     24 / 96  
I put it in the readme and in the scen page itself. Those who accuse me of over-powering humans will suffer my wrath.

Ah AoMPlayer you know why you rule.

BTW do you have MSN (messenger)...you shoud've gotten it by now.

posted 18 November 2004 02:43 PM EDT (US)     25 / 96  
Yes, I do. Look at my profile. I use it only very little though.

Ok then, I gotta leave now, I've got some work to do for school. Maybe tomorrow or Sunday or so.

[This message has been edited by AoMPlayer000 (edited 11-18-2004 @ 02:45 PM).]

« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 4  Next Page »
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Birthright-The Adventure
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames