You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Mega cool tricks to do with god powers! No modding used!
posted 06 August 2006 10:11 AM EDT (US)   
Section 1

This trick tells you how to make meteor send untis flying leaving that freaky glow behind!

2 modify protounits needed, thats all!
(1)meteor impact ground - -9999 hitpoints, player 1
(2)meteor - -14.999 lifespan, player 1

Cast meteor on a group of axemen or whatever to see them getting thumped into the air by an invisable force leaving behind that glow for a short while!

Lower the lifespan to about 14.9 to leave a blinding light for short time!

---------------------------------------------------------

Try modifying everything to do with implode with putting hitpoints on -9999. You will then see a super wierd version of an implode!

Try putting the lifespan of a tornado on 0.5 and put dammage on 999999999999999.0 to create a tiny wisp of smoke to kill and throw some guys.

Try setting the lifespan on the tonado to make it last different amounts of time!

Modifying bits of lightning storm by putting -9999 health will remove that part of the storm from the actual power. This mean you might not want the clouds to appear or something like that.

section 2

Lol, this is a fun one! You need 2 triggers and reyk's new triggers. It is possible to do variation which doesn't use reyks triggers but thats harder

(triggers 1)
Place a cinematic block as player 1 or player you want to do it as.
Modify the tornado to have a speed of 10
Also, have one changing block to a tornado.
(triggers 2)
Put these on loop
Camera cut protounit - tornado(Way of keeping unit selected)
Dammage untis in area - put radius 10 and select dammage amount and to which player.

Now you can send your tornado round the map during a game and dammge/terrorise the enemy. If you don't have Reyk's triggers, place an object that you can select and select it during a game before the object changes to tornado. Do not unselect it!

"Deconstruct building" is good to do it with too! They see this strange effect and it ingulfs them! Remeber to put the dammage radius on and give it some speed. The difference with this one is that it does not give you LOS and the effect cannot be seen if not in sight!

You can also do something simular to meteor. Send round that burnt patch and terrorise enemy but it only lasts 20 seconds. Also modify the meteor's lifespan and put -9999

----------------------------------------------------------

You can also do the move tricks to other objects but those are the best ones. Especially the tornado.

----------------------------------------------------------

I am going on holiday now so I won't be adding any more now. If you like, you can post other finds to do with god powers on this page too. I hope you enjoy using these finds!

The boy with the mad imagination
Prepare for the ultimate duel!
Learn to use all my triggers and what you can do with them. Visit here.
Find out and download the transform trigger here.
Play some minigames I have created outside AOM including some 3D games here.

[This message has been edited by nottud (edited 08-06-2006 @ 11:29 AM).]

Replies:
posted 06 August 2006 11:09 AM EDT (US)     1 / 14  
=D That was super weird. When i gotted implode power i tested it, it glowed funny and then it swallowed everthing, but not exploded. it just disapearet with units in XD

(shizcaeks grammar)

posted 06 August 2006 11:10 AM EDT (US)     2 / 14  
This is constantly getting updated so keep checking today for more tricks! (This won't get updated after today)

[This message has been edited by nottud (edited 08-06-2006 @ 11:11 AM).]

posted 07 August 2006 04:51 AM EDT (US)     3 / 14  
More pictures

People who try this, post pictures

Oh and also.. The effect looks/sounds as if a titan is bashing from underneath the ground, trying to break through from under the earth.

-[Hello..

[This message has been edited by AdZyZ (edited 08-07-2006 @ 04:59 AM).]

posted 07 August 2006 05:55 AM EDT (US)     4 / 14  
That could play a good part in a scenario which could be called "Freeing the titans" or "The titans break loose!" or something like that.
posted 07 August 2006 06:29 AM EDT (US)     5 / 14  
Great work, nottud.

Sweet baby maizes!
posted 07 August 2006 07:04 AM EDT (US)     6 / 14  
Genius! For anyone who wants more screenshots, here:

I can't show you imploding glowing balls, because I don't have TT...but here's the tornados!

Attacking a tower:

Attacking a Town Center:

Some other information:

The tornados move at very high speeds, covering a lot of LoS, at least as much as a pigeoned-up tower. When they attack, they sort of turn into three tornados, as shown in the screenshots. They don't attack naturally, you have to tell them to attack something. They can also move up and down cliffs as fast as they can on land, so they could be used as scouts even!

Enjoy!

posted 08 August 2006 06:41 AM EDT (US)     7 / 14  
BUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!111111111
posted 08 August 2006 04:13 PM EDT (US)     8 / 14  
Why did you bump? It was still on the first page. And don't use all caps. It's annoying and unnecessary.
posted 08 August 2006 08:44 PM EDT (US)     9 / 14  
One great finding after another. This is amazing and cool. Wonder what nottud will come up with next?

If you don't know what to write, start writing. Same thing with scenario design. If you have know idea yet, start designing.

Projects: Kingdom
posted 08 August 2006 08:46 PM EDT (US)     10 / 14  
I don't know, but I'm inspired! *Goes to try it with other objects*
posted 08 August 2006 10:54 PM EDT (US)     11 / 14  
exitmundi, please do not spam.

Once again nottud, you have amazed me. You get another style point (total: 3)

oh you can wait for what I can give
you know what I am so you know how I live
try to look proud but you’re not in the slightest
its happening now and it’s always been like this.
posted 09 August 2006 08:40 AM EDT (US)     12 / 14  
I messed around with the fimbulwinter GP with fun results.

If you mess with the hitpoints of SnowStorm, you can get rid of the snow completely (creating a gloomy effect when fimbulwinter is cast), or apply it.

Also, by simply creating a trigger that loops, with no conditions and the change unit type in area effect, you can make fimblewinter spawn pretty much anything.

I liked:

- Snow drift settlements -(Creates a harmless blizzard, with snow everywhere)
- Frost Giants -(Frost giants are created from the blizzard)
- Harpy -(Many spread the scenario, flying around until the blizzard ends when they all fall to the ground)

- Wave -(This creates a great effect of a flood!! The waves even tend to angle themselves the way the terrain is facing, making it look great!!!!

-Farms -(Spawns farms in splotches around the map, near TC's

Something interesting to note is that any unit spawned by the Fimbulwinter will die once the effect has ended, just as the wolves would have done. The effect is flawless from start to finish, and you never see any fimbulwinter wolves.

-[Hello..

[This message has been edited by AdZyZ (edited 08-12-2006 @ 07:01 AM).]

posted 11 August 2006 02:39 PM EDT (US)     13 / 14  
This is great, I am really apreciating your reply guys!

That screenshot of the tornado looks awsome!

Keep up the feedback, this is great contribution! I will have to try some of your tricks guys!

You can tell the tornados to attack?

Like I said, you can use the dammage units in area trigger on loop to deal dammage naturally.

[This message has been edited by nottud (edited 08-11-2006 @ 02:41 PM).]

posted 11 August 2006 03:13 PM EDT (US)     14 / 14  
Looks great! I didn't understand anything 'cause this is way over my lazy brain, but still... looks real good!
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Mega cool tricks to do with god powers! No modding used!
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames