Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: ~@'Suggest a Scenario'@~ Thread
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 30 June 2007 06:55 PM EDT (US)   
hey

In this thread, feel free to suggest any scenario that comes off your mind. You can also post details on your current scenario or one that you are planning on doing. Arrange scenario making with a fellow Heavener or w/e you want to call it! Whatever! You or other people can take the ideas brought up in this thread and make a scenario off of it. You can announce when you finish a scenario here too.

~JFizzle

PS: I have a feeling this is going to get locked because almost every thread that I've made has been locked on this website. :'(
Replies:
posted 30 June 2007 07:28 PM EDT (US)     1 / 39  
A scenario about a priest of Loki stranded in the Northlands who stumbles upon a clan and helps them destroy a clan loyal to Thor. But then Thor avenges himself by sending a thunderstorm to kill everyone. The priest escapes and has to start a new life...(RPG)

Later in the scen, the priest comes to greece and discovers that Loki is evil and helps Zeus to destroy him, but then Zeus' distant cousin Thor hears about the priest and the two lightning gods try to bolt the priest and he has to escape the lightning. He turns evil and worships Titans and conquers the world. The end.

Cerberus- The three headed guard dog who guards the entrance to Hades; son of Typhon.
posted 30 June 2007 08:12 PM EDT (US)     2 / 39  
arnt thor and loki brothers, and what unit do u suggest the priest should be?

and love ur ending ; )

my suggestion: an rpg that involves SKILL not just clicking. Like you have an inventory and special attacks represented by old man somewhere on the map. You can hotkey them at any time and then move them (they dont even have to be on your screen you just have to move them) and something happens like you use fireblast or something. you can equip your warrior, upgrade, and build him, and choose what unit and class hes in. and its an open quest rpg, so there is no real path that you HAVE to take it's all about gaining experience and royalty by completing quests and killing monsters. It is a 6 player game. For those of you who play starcraft, its like open quests rpg lol

thaz all i got

[This message has been edited by JFizzle1234 (edited 06-30-2007 @ 08:17 PM).]

posted 01 July 2007 02:01 AM EDT (US)     3 / 39  
PS: I have a feeling this is going to get locked because almost every thread that I've made has been locked on this website. :'(
Well, perhaps you should think a bit more before you post.

If I had an idea for a new scenario, I just get straight in the editor. However for people who dont know how to use the editor very well this thread is a good idea. If someone posts a great idea but feels they dont know the editor well enough, someone else could make it on their behalf.

But I have to agree with your quote, because when I was new I made a thread for my 'Great' idea: Gaia's Relics (That turned out runnish(Well, it was my first map) it got locked.

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
"You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
"Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph
posted 01 July 2007 03:17 AM EDT (US)     4 / 39  
Idea: Incan scenario.

Creating an incan civilisation without mods in the editor. Using atlantean buildings, the military would be slingers, axemen and katapeltes (the atlantean maceman). No armouries or armour upgrades would be allowed. Llamaas would be sacrificed for favour, and the myth units would be a mix of everyone elses, all renamed.

The emperor would be similar to a pharoah in some respects - except he would be resurrected like a campaign hero, ands couldn't fight (Krios). Garrisonning him in your town centre would increase your villager speed, and garrisonning him in another building (not sure yet) would spawn llamas for your temple.

But who could i pit them against? outlaws and stuff is boring, and obviosuly greeks etc doesn't fit... and more incans is a bit dull... atlanteans might not work because of all the transform and rename triggers I've got going, plus they'd look too similar.

░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█▀▀ ░
░█▀▀ ░█▀▀ ░█ ░█ ░░░
░▀▀▀ ░▀ ░░░▀ ░▀▀▀ ░
posted 01 July 2007 07:13 AM EDT (US)     5 / 39  
Put them against "Europeans"! You could make Eurpoeans based on Greeks with soldiers (Hoplites), archers (Toxotes), scouts (Katascopos), etc. And you can make the entire AI for the Erupoenas using triggers! You can use Arch's AntiGrav at some points, gather resources, advance, research techs, get new unitse, etc. all using triggers! That would take a very long time though.

Cerberus- The three headed guard dog who guards the entrance to Hades; son of Typhon.
posted 01 July 2007 07:41 AM EDT (US)     6 / 39  
yeah, and euopeans would ahve guns Might hav ehtem againstlittle tribbes... also ahd the idea of ahving to take neutral 'villages' by building a town centre on the settlement there, which would then of course give you a few more hosues, etc, that the village contains.

░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█▀▀ ░
░█▀▀ ░█▀▀ ░█ ░█ ░░░
░▀▀▀ ░▀ ░░░▀ ░▀▀▀ ░
posted 01 July 2007 03:16 PM EDT (US)     7 / 39  
I have no idea if this is even possible, but how about a scenario that teaches users (noobs) how to create a scenario? Or a custom map, and all the nuances that entails... I can read page after page of text, but unless I see it done, my retention rates are pretty low...

[This message has been edited by wizaerd (edited 07-01-2007 @ 03:18 PM).]

posted 01 July 2007 07:36 PM EDT (US)     8 / 39  
Make a Tiny

Make it as small as possible (IIRC 64x64) and make sure none of the pesky take-up-space godpowers can take up space. Then try somehow to get rid of Gaia Lush and make mercenaries not allowed. Make sure it is normal build of everything. One thing though is make a "oh-sh1t" tower (lure or something) that replaces the archaic age gp. Now that would be a good scenario.
posted 01 July 2007 11:37 PM EDT (US)     9 / 39  
Someone should make a scenario that is like a city manager/builder. It wouldn't be direct control of villagers but instead would be like assaigning jobs. Their would be a birth rate and immigration and emigration. Also maybe their could be like a schedule so that for example the workers return home at night. And military units might instead of being simply created be recruited from villagers and go to a training station before becoming soldiers. It would be very complex so I doubt anyone could do it.
posted 02 July 2007 00:45 AM EDT (US)     10 / 39  
posted 02 July 2007 02:03 AM EDT (US)     11 / 39  
Wasn't this a request thread? So does it matter or not?

Anyways, AGAW has been here before

Yes, periods and smileys are the same for me
No matter what you say
posted 02 July 2007 06:37 AM EDT (US)     12 / 39  
I have messed with editor before, even made a very tiny scenario, but it just isn't my cup of tea. So I'm sure you guys are better at triggers and stuff.

But what I requested isn't to hard to do. In fact it should be fairly easy except for the Lush.

It's a suggestion thread, so I suggested :P
posted 02 July 2007 03:44 PM EDT (US)     13 / 39  
posted 02 July 2007 04:42 PM EDT (US)     14 / 39  
how small? In dimensions
posted 02 July 2007 05:14 PM EDT (US)     15 / 39  
posted 02 July 2007 05:25 PM EDT (US)     16 / 39  
the smallest possible is 10...
Once i tried to do a 5 and it just made the game close...

For some reason,
Just when you think things can't get worst,
They just do...

Have a nice day in hell...
posted 02 July 2007 05:35 PM EDT (US)     17 / 39  
Smallest possible is 2x2. But the smallest without problems is 16x16.

No matter what you say
posted 02 July 2007 09:02 PM EDT (US)     18 / 39  
posted 02 July 2007 09:40 PM EDT (US)     19 / 39  
posted 03 July 2007 07:01 AM EDT (US)     20 / 39  
lol @ gummyworm

People are so dumb when reviewing the game. You say up front it's small on purpose, and then someone comes in and says the map was to small and no fun. To hard and to fast.
posted 03 July 2007 07:04 AM EDT (US)     21 / 39  
Write a review then

The current one is too short anyway

No matter what you say
posted 03 July 2007 01:29 PM EDT (US)     22 / 39  
Heres one I am working on.

Cursed Faith
A man tempted by the power of the gods, discovered an artifact created with Zeus' blood, a chuck of Thor's Hammer handle, a feather from one of Odin's ravens, and a small jar of soil from Hades' underworld. All these items that belonged to the gods was crafted into a small coin that was supposedly lost to the world. The coin was suppose to act as a way into the god's realm if anything should happen to them to allow a mortal the chance to rule the world but Loki and Hades tainted the coin and instead of being a wonderful artifact to a lucky person, it turned into more of a curse.

The story begins with a man talking of how he obtained this artifact and what all happened to him. He was cursed with immortality. He watched through the years as his loved ones died of old age or natural causes and he could do nothing about it. When his grandchild breathed it's last breath, the man left his home village and traveled to the snowy mountains of the Norse to live out his immortality.

After settling in the mountains, he gives up on his faith and just wonders around. On his 300th birthday, an old sage comes to him telling him of a story never told... a way to rid himself of the curse and become mortal once again. He must travel to where the coin was created and kill the cursed ones who crafted the item. Already seeing too many people die through the ages by his hand, the man denies the offer but ten years later, he decides he must do this.

" Intelligence is the key to unlocking the door of power.. "
-Current Project: 'Cursed Faith' [Single Player Scenario]
posted 03 July 2007 02:53 PM EDT (US)     23 / 39  
Suggestion Thread
It sounds great, Z_J_Schnak, and I can't wait for it to be released, but this thread is for suggestions only, which involves other people making it.

P.S. Two suggestions to that: You should also make the relic made out of a shard of Set's curved blade and a gem from Osiris' crown. Also, you should make it the man's 312th birthday. These are just random comments. Ignore them if you want

posted 03 July 2007 08:15 PM EDT (US)     24 / 39  
posted 03 July 2007 09:03 PM EDT (US)     25 / 39  
Also Zeus, Thor, Ra, and Oranos. All relating to the sky. And then there is hardly any gods left, so just use all of them

« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » ~@'Suggest a Scenario'@~ Thread
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames