You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: MP Scenario Announcement - Donkey Race 2!
posted 02 July 2007 09:35 PM EDT (US)   
That's right! After about 2 years of waiting, the official sequel to everyone's favorite Multiplayer Scenario, Donkey Race, has arrived!

Donkey Race 2 is available for download! Click here!

About one and a half years ago, I finished Donkey Race 2. However, I had the misfortune of losing it in a file transfer along with some other scenarios. Recently, I decided to have a shot at remaking it... and threw in some extra features as well. The end result is almost here, and is aiming to be much better than anything the original Donkey Race 2 would've been!

As you race through a vast number of settings from ocean shores to Egyptian cities, you'll face violent mercenaries and cunning traps, and of course as a Donkey, you have little choice other than to keep running. Not everything is intent on killing you, of course. Donkey Race 2 contains 21 shortcuts which, through some means, will get you ahead in the race! As always, there is a catch: once someone uses a shortcut, it's gone, and by use of Quest Vars not every shortcut will be in every game (the chance of all being present is less than 0.01%).

You and your opponents must cut corners, seek shortcuts, and in general be cunning in order to survive whatever the course throws your way and end up at the finish line. As you race, you can enjoy the scenery of whatever area you happen to be passing through: lush forests, busy towns, and gritty deserts are all along your route. You might even be able to spot a little easter egg or two.

FEATURES:
  • 21 Shortcuts to find! Can you locate the legendary UBER SHORTCUT?
  • Over 5 different scenic locales to visit, including the Nordic highlands, Egyptian Deserts, and Greek Forests!
  • Traps, surprises, and hidden goodies galore! Be ready to navigate mazes, 'hop' around a small Greek village, and be mystified by an ever-changing desert.
  • Numerous messages and sayings for players and events, most of which have sound effects to go with them!
  • Randomization elements thanks to Quest Vars, including placement of Shortcuts and several areas with multiple paths.
  • Over... well, I'm not going to count the triggers, but assume there's a lot!

SCREENSHOTS
Overview (Beware! Spoilers!)
Here's one of the elusive Shortcuts!
Hordes of Villagers turn out for the Donkey Race!
Blue and Yellow wrestle for the lead in this coastal town
The Egyptian Town

PROGRESS & RELEASE
There's not much more to do before Donkey Race 2 is complete. As is, it's fully playable, but I'd still like to do some 'touching up' before I send it off to AOMH Downloads. All that's left is to add some scenery to certain parts of the map and debug a little. Expect Donkey Race 2 to be released sometime by the end of the month... probably much sooner, but by the end at the latest.

DISCUSSION
If you have questions or comments, feel free to ask them!

[This message has been edited by GreenLiquid (edited 07-09-2007 @ 02:00 PM).]

Replies:
posted 02 July 2007 10:01 PM EDT (US)     1 / 11  
GummyWorms back?!? I remember you from my good ol' pEpsIdUDe_123 days.

The scenario looks pretty tight. The traps should be interesting. Nice work.
posted 03 July 2007 00:26 AM EDT (US)     2 / 11  
So you're pepsidude? Yeah, I remember you.

As for the traps, well, they're not so much traps per se as they are in-game events that happen if you do something stupid or go the wrong way. I can't say too much without spoiling some of it.
posted 03 July 2007 02:05 AM EDT (US)     3 / 11  
Donkey Race, Donkey Race, W00T
Don't mind me I love Donkeys and Pitch Forks!!!! I'll download this for sure!!!!

<3
posted 03 July 2007 02:57 AM EDT (US)     4 / 11  
Admiral GummyWorm returns

I remember when we played donkey race on ESO :P I told you to uploud it ahh memories

Map is looking good

Out Reach
The guy who writes the erotic fan fiction in Yeebaagoon's signature
posted 03 July 2007 12:12 PM EDT (US)     5 / 11  
YAY ANOTHER DONKEY RACE!!!!!!

Ok, looks cool...
posted 05 July 2007 11:58 AM EDT (US)     6 / 11  
I think I will be submitting the file to downloads by the end of this week, so be on the lookout for it!
posted 05 July 2007 01:17 PM EDT (US)     7 / 11  
Question: Any transforms?

The boy with the mad imagination
Prepare for the ultimate duel!
Learn to use all my triggers and what you can do with them. Visit here.
Find out and download the transform trigger here.
Play some minigames I have created outside AOM including some 3D games here.
posted 05 July 2007 01:22 PM EDT (US)     8 / 11  
Question: Any transforms?
The Donkeys themselves don't transform, if that's what you're asking. Although some parts of the environment will in some cases.
posted 09 July 2007 01:30 PM EDT (US)     9 / 11  
The scenario has officially been uploaded and is awaiting approval. I will link through the first post when it gets approved.
posted 09 July 2007 01:54 PM EDT (US)     10 / 11  
Approved

Yes, periods and smileys are the same for me
No matter what you say
posted 10 July 2007 08:11 AM EDT (US)     11 / 11  
Nottud, although you did find and make useable the transform trigger (and this itself was a major achievement, so very nice work there), you did not actually make the transform effect..

-[Hello..
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » MP Scenario Announcement - Donkey Race 2!
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames