Topic Subject: New RPG:The Kradle of Chaos
posted 26 August 2007 08:54 PM EDT (US)   
Last edited august 31st 2007 ^.^
Screenshot
[PNG, (326.40 KB)]
Screenshot 2
[PNG, (365.70 KB)]
(Images are not from actual scenario)
I will be posting the intro cinematic soon on youtube and I'll post the link with a major reramp of this thread...

Note: Hi and welcome to the 'official' announcement for the Kradle of Chaos RPG. Most of you probably don't know me since I am new to this forum... I hope you will apprciate me as a member of the community! I would appreciate any comments!!

The Kradle of Chaos

Story: You are in a magical world filled with misterys, where the gods are the real rulers of the land and where everything is possible...

The continent you live on baths in blood. War has broken out between the Kingdom of Resilia, The Lands of Borkan and the Youssef Tribes... The nations desperatly need wealth to expand; they strive to conquer territories so they can harvest their resources.
Armies march throughout the continent, siegeing citys and burning down villages. The men's greed blinds them from an unforgiving truth...
The gods know this, as they know everything you can possibly imagine and far beyond... They know that if the war continues, the nations will crumble under the loss of population and it will be the end of mankind.
The humans are told of this matter, but again they choose to close their eyes.
So the holy beings find a solution...
The council of the gods decide they shall spread misery and chaos accross the lands so that humans learn to help each other in order to survive.
A relic is created and humans become dark and savage. It is not the gods who created this evil object... It spreads much more mayhem than they had promised.
So a demi-god named Karnak seeks human beings able to suppress the menace of the relic now rumoured to be named 'Kradle of Chaos'.
He finds you in a small village next to the sea, on the eastern border of Resilia. You and your friends have the souls of noble warriors and Karnak instructs you to cross the now-dangerous continent and to destroy the Kradle.
He hopes this will put an end to the chaos all over world.
He hopes the war will finally be over...
Only the dead have seen the end of it.
Will your bravery withstand the horrible events you will go through or will it shatter like a piece of glass? Only the gods know, but a question still remains unresolved for the holy beings: who created the Kradle?

Features
(Please note that the map is at it's developpement stage and that it may not contain the features presented)
-Difficulty chooser.
-6 Action-packed areas.
-Numerous skills available.
-Radomly Hidden bonuses.
-Complete leveing system.
-Shops.
-Distinct eyecandy for each area.
-Melee and ranged mode.
-Side quests.
-Friendship system (fighting bonus while in combat near your friend)
-Maybe some kind of random army deploy(have no idea how I can create this, you would be kind to explain!)
-etc.

Current Stage of Developpement

-As you can see, the story has been completed. The opening cinematic also has been started, but isn't finished yet. I have no idea when the map will actually be completed.

Additionnal Information

Feel free to comment! If you would have any ideas on eyecandy or features I could possibly add to my RPG, post them!(thx to nirto tractor for advice) For information on the map, partnership requests etc., write to me at alexfp04@hotmail.com. I will update this post whenever I can with images or with information on the map.
The map will probably take some time to be completed because I usually can't work on it during the week... So please be patient!
See you all on ESO,
Zumox

-Leader of the VerSus Clan- Visit us!
AoM TT ESO Username Currently VS_ZzumoxX
Working on the Kradle of Chaos.

[This message has been edited by Zumox (edited 09-05-2007 @ 03:02 PM).]

Replies:
posted 28 August 2007 04:17 PM EDT (US)     1 / 7  
I see. Nice features. I hope it comes out good. Good luck buddy.

Beta(eyecandy)Team Leader of Omega Studios
Try some of my maps reviews appreciated.
posted 28 August 2007 04:23 PM EDT (US)     2 / 7  
AAAH first comment!!! Thanks man!
*kisses luckyman* :P
Zumox

-Leader of the VerSus Clan- Visit us!
AoM TT ESO Username Currently VS_ZzumoxX
Working on the Kradle of Chaos.
posted 28 August 2007 09:45 PM EDT (US)     3 / 7  
Ahh well I figured.. since your canadian.. I'd help you out.

Lol just kidding I like to help and encourage people with the passion for design.

Beta(eyecandy)Team Leader of Omega Studios
Try some of my maps reviews appreciated.
posted 28 August 2007 11:13 PM EDT (US)     4 / 7  
No need to advertize this every time you post as you're just creating spam. This forum isn't as active as it once was so it will take some time for people to check this out. Until then you just gotta be patient. Good luck with this anyways. RPG's take FOREVER so completing them is always a bumpy ride.

I never asked for this.
posted 29 August 2007 01:43 AM EDT (US)     5 / 7  
This sounds and looks great hope it gets done!

I'm very responsible, when ever something goes wrong they always say I'm responsible
posted 29 August 2007 02:21 AM EDT (US)     6 / 7  
Sounds pretty cool!

<3
posted 31 August 2007 08:09 PM EDT (US)     7 / 7  
Thank you all for your cool commentairies and your support!! I really appreciate...
Ya, RPG's really are very long to create, but since ive been playing AoM for a long time now and always have been kind of a rookie, I feel its the time to just move on and start giving to the community so it can give back too.
You noticed my advertisement?? How did you? I only spammed like 10 posts or so :P... Anyway thanks for the advice I'll try not to do that in the future!
We gamers are the ones who make a community active. We are doing a good job since the AoM community is one of the most active compared to other 'old' games (since scenarios have endless possibilities, they never get old!) If you think the community needs some life, we need to give it!
Canada Rocks!! If you really would like to help me Luckyman, you could just try and give me ideas and tricks on how to make this rpg a good rpg. I've read the guide in the design library: it's good for begginers, but not much more. I know your a great designer!
Zumox

[This message has been edited by Zumox (edited 08-31-2007 @ 08:43 PM).]

Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » New RPG:The Kradle of Chaos
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames