You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: NEW RPG: The Orb of Power
posted 03 September 2007 10:37 AM EDT (US)   

The Orb of Power

Created by thewitchking444

POSTED: 9/3/07
Edited: 10/3/07

Synopsis:

This is a new single-player RPG, featuring a young Elven Mage, who has just risen from apprenticeship. He is now equipped with some minimal powers, and sets out to roam the world...

But while this lucky young individual sets out to seek his fortune, a new threat ammasses. The Dark Wizard Almalaskon(yes, bad guys like to have looong and unpronunciable names) is seeking the Orb of Power, an endless supply and database of knowledge, spells, and Power. Fortunately, the Orb of Power was hidden long ago by the wizards council, and only they know where it is hidden. But they are all dead, and Almalaskon will never be able to find the orb, or can he...

The Elven Mage Ilmar finds himself tangled up in a great adventure, and he must use his knowledge, power and wits to overcome this new threat.

Will he stand, or will he Fall?

What makes this different from other RPGs, you ask?

Features:

• Two different paths - Will Ilmar stand with the Elves, or will he become a dark elf in the service of Almalaskon?

• Toggle weapons - The character will be able to toggle between ranged and melee attacks.

• Summoning Units - Ilmar can summon units to aid him, such as Elves and Satyrs.

• Variety of Powers - Ilmar, as a Mage, will be able to use a variety of chat-operated powers, which will differ depending on which side you are on.

• Mana system - Unlike other RPGs, this one shall have a Mana system, so your powers do not have to recharge, instead they will consume Mana. In this way, you will be able to cast powers one after another without delay.

• Shapeshifting - Because of the natural Elven powers bestowed on him, Ilmar will be able to shapeshift into things such as trees, bears, rocks and other things.

• Trade - A trade system shall be implemented, which means you will be able to trade gold for wood, wood for food, or anything else.

• Utilisation of Resources - In the game, all the resources shall be used, which means that it is not only 'oh I have 1000000 gold I can buy anything I want', instead, you will have to carefully balance the resource that you have.

• Upgrade system - Ilmar will be able to upgrade his health, attack, range, defence and Mana at different places.

• Shops - Whoever heard of an RPG without shops? Ilmar will be able to purchase powers, food, wood and even potions.

• Leveling system - As Ilmar battles enemies, he will gain experience which can level him up, increasing his Mana, health, attack, and occasionally his range and defence.

• Advanced Powers system - Because Ilmar is a fast learner, his powers will increase in level as you use them, having a greater effect.

• Epic Powers - Ilmar will be able to call upon 4 different Epic Powers given to him by the Gods. These do not consume Mana, and their effects are amazingly devestating.

Powers:

BASIC POWERS

Ilmar has a few basic powers that he has gained from his apprenticeship, which are not affected by his alignment.

• Lone Tree: This power is activated by typing the word 'tree' into the chatbox. It will stealth Ilmar, turning him into a Gaia tree for ten seconds. Higher levels increase duration.

• Elven Rage: This power will increase Ilmar's attack for a short while, making him a powerful foe to deal with. It is activated by the code 'elfrage'. Higher levels increase the attack increase and the duration.

• Mana Siphon: The Elves have learnt to channel their magic into their body, thereby activating a healing process in which Mana is converted into Health. This power is activated by typing 'manasiphon'. Higher levels increase the rate at which the Mana is channelled, giving more health for the same amount of Mana.

• Final Courage: When his health is low, Ilmar can increase his attack by a great amount, and deal a ton of damage to the enemy. This is activated by typing 'final' into the chatbox. It can only be used when Ilmar's health is below 20%.

EPIC POWERS

EVIL:

• Boulder Fall - This causes a strange boulder to fall from the sky, crushing everything near it, and causing a blockage. Please do not cast it upon yourself, though...

• Earthshaker - This causes powerful shakes and convulsions in the earth, and causing cracks to spring out of the ground an damage enemies nearby.

• Poison burst - This power sprouts acid from the ground, damaging units nearby.

• Flaming Wall - This summons a number of flames for a short time, rendering the area nearly impassable. However, this does not do damage to enemies.

Good

• Cloud break - This holy power shines down beams of light on an area, hurting enemy units, and sometimes flinging them away.

• Healing Light - The Gods send down beams of Light, healing any allies nearby.

• Blinding Light - This shines down a powerful beam of Light, blinding enemy troops and flinging them away, although they do not get damaged.

• Summon reinforcements - Ilmar calls upon Elven troops to help him, though because of their limited magic, they have only 1 attack and dissappear after a few moments. However, if you use them carefully they could really hurt the enemy.

SCREENSHOTS
    Elven City

MORE TO COME SOON

--Progress--
    Map design: First town (elven city) has been finished.
    Triggers: Mana done. Tree power done.
    Storyline: The basics.

Made by thewitchking444

I am the great Witch King!
    My LOTR website: mahanaxar.freevar.com

[This message has been edited by thewitchking444 (edited 10-08-2007 @ 08:47 PM).]

• Replies:
    posted 03 September 2007 12:27 PM EDT (US)     1 / 28  
    Wow looks great! Just remember for the chat powers to clear chat history!

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
    ____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
    "You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
    "Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
    AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
    Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph
    posted 03 September 2007 12:44 PM EDT (US)     2 / 28  
    Advanced Powers syatem - Because Ilmar is a fast learner, his powers will increase in level as you use them, having a greater effect.
    ooh i like that idea... and easy to implement to

Out Reach
    The guy who writes the erotic fan fiction in Yeebaagoon's signature
    posted 03 September 2007 05:30 PM EDT (US)     3 / 28  
    That rpg sounds so cool, hope you get it finished at overcome that crappy lag problem.
    posted 03 September 2007 06:33 PM EDT (US)     4 / 28  
    By the looks of it it could really become something cool! The only thing is, that banner that says Orb of Power looks sort of like, well, gay.

“Si vis pacem, para bellum”
    posted 03 September 2007 09:03 PM EDT (US)     5 / 28  
    Ok. Thanks for the encouragement.

Estimated release date is about 1-2 months time.
    sry for the long wait, but this is rather large.

posted 03 September 2007 10:47 PM EDT (US)     6 / 28  
    Good luck on this.
    It sounds great, so try to finish.

(_̅_̅(̲̲̲̲̲̅̅̅̅̅̅(̅_̅_̲̅marij̲u̲̅an̲̅a̲̅̅_̅_̅_̅()
    (is not as helluva drug as pepe)
    posted 03 September 2007 11:30 PM EDT (US)     7 / 28  
    If you want, I could help out. I know my way around the editor, and basic triggering...
    posted 04 September 2007 02:17 AM EDT (US)     8 / 28  
    Sounds intresting!

<3
    posted 04 September 2007 06:09 AM EDT (US)     9 / 28  
    Could people please help to decide what unit to use for Ilmar? I am thinking either Setna or a priest, but I am welcome to suggestions.

It should be a ranged unit, because of the projectile, but its attack should be able to pass for a close range one.

posted 04 September 2007 08:41 AM EDT (US)     10 / 28  
    Never mind.

[This message has been edited by LordoEverything (edited 09-04-2007 @ 06:17 PM).]

posted 04 September 2007 07:36 PM EDT (US)     11 / 28  
    I will be working on this a rather lot today, so do expect some screenshots and stuff.

posted 04 September 2007 08:06 PM EDT (US)     12 / 28  
    Can I be a co-desiener? I am learning how to do more stuff with triggers each day and am getting a little better at editor. this sounds really cool and it would b awesome to help work on it!

holas, I'm a ninja elefat, fear me! i have the qualities of both an elefat and a ninja! they mostly cancle each other out so i'm slightly above a normal person but some how way more deadly than a reular ninja! or regular elefat for that manner!
    posted 04 September 2007 08:45 PM EDT (US)     13 / 28  
    OK!

UPDATED, Screenshot of Elven city.

posted 04 September 2007 08:46 PM EDT (US)     14 / 28  
    What would you like me to do then witchking?

Do you want my e-mail then?
    posted 04 September 2007 08:51 PM EDT (US)     15 / 28  
    ok. I will send you the map, though there is only elvencity on it, mana has already been implemented. I guess I will be using priest for Ilmar.

posted 04 September 2007 08:57 PM EDT (US)     16 / 28  
    Alright, I can't figure out how to PM on this site so I'll post my e-mail here. Once I get the message from you, I'll erase it from this post.

[This message has been edited by LordoEverything (edited 09-04-2007 @ 09:22 PM).]

posted 04 September 2007 09:06 PM EDT (US)     17 / 28  
    Now tree power is also done.

Ok, I sent the email to lordoeverything

posted 04 September 2007 09:25 PM EDT (US)     18 / 28  
    Okay. But I didn't get a map attachment...Or are you going to send that later?
    posted 04 September 2007 09:30 PM EDT (US)     19 / 28  
    Ok that was an accident.
    I sent it, and when you are done can you send it back?
    tell me by posting

posted 04 September 2007 10:22 PM EDT (US)     20 / 28  
    wat do u want me to do? e-mail is: REMOVED FROM THIS SITE BECAUSE i DONT WANT EVERY1 SEEING IT!

holas, I'm a ninja elefat, fear me! i have the qualities of both an elefat and a ninja! they mostly cancle each other out so i'm slightly above a normal person but some how way more deadly than a reular ninja! or regular elefat for that manner!

[This message has been edited by bobtheweasal (edited 09-05-2007 @ 10:52 AM).]

posted 04 September 2007 10:24 PM EDT (US)     21 / 28  
    you have to wait. LordoEverything has to finish his part first

posted 05 September 2007 05:25 AM EDT (US)     22 / 28  
    Okay my mail is being retarted.

I've started on the city... Anyways, do you think that maybe the map should be updated to 1000 x 1000? I'll send you the rough start of the city, to ensure its not to big

Could I have a list of shops you have planned?

The "send" feature of AOL is being dumb, but I can still read mails...
    posted 07 October 2007 10:59 PM EDT (US)     23 / 28  
    Revived!

posted 07 October 2007 11:25 PM EDT (US)     24 / 28  
    Looks good, when it's finished it'll be l337. Looks like it's got everything that tMoK has ~ Khan

<||=================================||>
    Proud Member of Forgotten Empires
    96Reviews KaS Dota2 Halo 5 Reach
    { "Work until your idols become your rivals" }
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ trGetUnitScenarioName(); ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

[This message has been edited by Steak And Khan (edited 10-07-2007 @ 11:28 PM).]

posted 08 October 2007 01:25 AM EDT (US)     25 / 28  
    In your RPG use potions, how to use it? My RPG use chat to use the potions.

-______-
    / Altarz \The Imagination ₪ALtarz₪
    ||-021-||of the Number
    ||_)T(_||>>>021<<<
    posted 08 October 2007 06:57 AM EDT (US)     26 / 28  
    this RPG sound awsome, count me in (if i can)

(Feel free to check out one of my games; Fort Azgul, "http://aom.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=6984".

Proud member of PURPLE DESIGN STUDIOS!
    posted 08 October 2007 10:35 AM EDT (US)     27 / 28  
    I like it a lot! Maybe you should use some terrain mixing in that screenshot though.

MEPH
    [Insert amazingly witty signature here.]

Me and Yeebaagooon's scenarios | Download The Corruptor
    posted 08 October 2007 08:49 PM EDT (US)     28 / 28  
    Working on it now. this instant.

sorry to co-designers, I decided i would work on this alone.

EDIT: Could someone please answer my question in the question thread?

EDIT2: Oh yes, and if anyone wants have their name in the scenario, post it. And you may tell me what youd like to be like in yeebaagoons thread but no garanteee

[This message has been edited by thewitchking444 (edited 10-08-2007 @ 10:04 PM).]

Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » NEW RPG: The Orb of Power
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames