You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Howmuchweed2 Brings You...
posted 26 November 2007 08:49 AM EDT (US)   
From the person who brought you Choose Your Hero RPG...Now brings you another map of its kind...sort of

[Narration]

"Centuries ago...5 races existed, some were violent and wanted war to start...others were mutual...then one day war broke out, no race was safe from the fury of the others...some tried alliances but they fell apart...

The races almost became extinct...and fled to far away lands...they have set up a temporary camp...and have found out, the rival races are back again..."

[/Narration]

The Races

The Dwarves: The Dwarves have high armour due to mining so much mithril, there speed is low because of the heavy armour but their attack is pretty decent.

The Humans: The Humans are all round people, with no strengths and no weaknesses (yeah right XD). There speed is good and can attack and get out pretty fast.

The Elves: The elves have learnt and mastered all forms of archery, some have even ventured into melee weapons. The elves have a huge range and LOS and use this to their advantage on the terrain.

The Ancient Atlanteans: The Ancient Atlanteans were the smarter race, they learnt to adapt the Dwarves Armour and Ballista technology into their own and also the Assassins weapons into their own, but at this cost it takes down their health and speed.

The Assassins: The assassins have high speed, attack and health but due to these 3 attributes they have comprimised there armour, which is lightweight clothing.

Extras

Extras which i have added into this map are:

~A weather system: It judges which stats go up and down (this is randomized) and it changes every minute (including the lighting according to what looks better with that kind of weather.
~A random music player: I know alot of people hate silence so i chose 18/30? of the default songs and put them into a randomize trigger.
~Sacred Trees: 4 Trees which grant god powers to whoever owns it, but watch out they cause damage to units who stay in the lava too long or even near its heat.

Mode Types and Diplomacy

The 3 mode types are:

~Survival
~Kill Wonder
~Tent mode

Kill wonder: explains itself what it does
Tent mode: you have 8 tents in your base, in 2 sets, destroy 1 set of tents to destroy 1 set of units in which the player can purchse, destroy both sets of tents to make him defeneless and then kill his wonder to kill him.
Survival mode: Pick one of 10 generals, you are given 15,000 gold in which to buy god powers/units in which to protect your general, all buildings and walls have been deleted.
Diplomacy 3v3: Explains itself delete it to make it 3 vs 3
Diplomacy FFA: Explains itself delete it to make it free for all.

Triggers Complete: 85%
Map Design Complete: 90% (Just minor addons to do)

Weather already used/being implemented:

~Snowstorm (Takes down LOS)
~Sunlight (Puts up speed)
~Lightningstorm (Takes down armour)
~Hurricane (Puts down speed)
~Rain (Put down attack)

[This message has been edited by Howmuchweed (edited 11-27-2007 @ 05:11 AM).]

Replies:
posted 26 November 2007 10:32 AM EDT (US)     1 / 11  
I don't think the ancient atlanteans should be a race... I woulda made some kind of magical race. Orc troll etc,demons.The assasins I think sound a bit iffy too but are not too bad. I woulda made maybe...druids.
It's your poetic license though. Other then that sounds pretty decent.

Beta(eyecandy)Team Leader of Omega Studios
Try some of my maps reviews appreciated.

[This message has been edited by LuCkyMaN (edited 11-26-2007 @ 10:35 AM).]

posted 26 November 2007 10:44 AM EDT (US)     2 / 11  
Yeah, sounds great

Do you have any screenshots?

Sweet baby maizes!
posted 26 November 2007 10:58 AM EDT (US)     3 / 11  
I really hope this is good. I really did not enjoy choose your hero (no offence), its just mindless killing.

Good luck, and remember variety is important.

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
"You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
"Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph

[This message has been edited by Yeebaagooon (edited 11-26-2007 @ 11:08 AM).]

posted 27 November 2007 02:50 AM EDT (US)     4 / 11  
Holy f*ck, he's back!

I never expected this. Anyway, welcome man. And take some screenshots for us.
posted 27 November 2007 05:06 AM EDT (US)     5 / 11  
@LuCkyMaN: Sorry but i decided not to do myth units, the reason being there too OP and toning them down would take several test runs in a row till you got it just right.

@I Love Bananas: Sorry no screenshots yet, but will be shortly once i get my new pen drive, my internet at home just gave up on me, gotta send stuff about AoM at college.

@Yeebaagooon: No offense taken, my mate was leaving his home to go to a new one and he was getting a new pc, his mother told him not to put crappy games on it so i rushed my map into production, causing huge OP units. But in this map theres strategy in it, its got limited population and you need to mine gold to get units, so getting the right balance is also difficult.

@PrlPplEater: ROFL!! You seriously made me LOL in class, almost p****d myself. Yea maybe back for good, only time will tell :P ooh and if you wanna download this when its out then you'll need Winrar, i upgraded from Winzip to Winrar :P

EDIT

Also if someone could post some weather changes that would be cool, a list of what ive got already is at the top of the page. Ill need a minimum of 20, i might just keep a couple the of the good ones the same so there 2/3 out of 20 chance of getting it.

[This message has been edited by Howmuchweed (edited 11-27-2007 @ 05:12 AM).]

posted 27 November 2007 03:18 PM EDT (US)     6 / 11  
Pwnage! Howmuchweed is making a new map!

This is my signature. I wasn't feeling enthusiastic enough to write something witty. Sorry everyone, sorry.
posted 27 November 2007 04:43 PM EDT (US)     7 / 11  
That sucks about the internet. I know how that is..lol. So what brought you back?
posted 28 November 2007 10:18 AM EDT (US)     8 / 11  
well what brought me back was the fact i was getting bored of rl (work and college work) so decided to get back into making maps, give myself new challenges (like learning QVs for a starter ) and also because this map was half map then i left it a long long time ago...
posted 29 November 2007 07:10 PM EDT (US)     9 / 11  
W00t, he's back.
posted 29 November 2007 08:13 PM EDT (US)     10 / 11  
W00t you weren't here when he was.

I never asked for this.
posted 03 December 2007 05:29 AM EDT (US)     11 / 11  
Lol lets not bicker and argue in this thread please anywho i need ideas for weather diasters/events
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Howmuchweed2 Brings You...
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames