You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Multiplayer Campaign: S P A R T A N S
posted 11 January 2008 06:34 AM EDT (US)   

SPARTANS

Created by:The_Vandhaal
RELEASE DATE: 12-12-2007
TYPE: Age of Mythology the Titans, Multiplayer Campaign

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

NOTICE
Ok since since not many in here discoverd that this has, more or less, been released last year. I also post a showcase here on AomH for it....enjoy

This campaign will not be completed....the first 3 acts have been tested many times on ESO....but due to the fact that the scenario is FULLY randomized and changes with every new game you start .....multiplayer testing takes too long i will not test them any further....so they will be released as is....if you have some ideas to improve stuff or found something which does not work + the solution to make it work just post in The Spartans thread in the Vandhaal forum.....It depends on my MOOD and the time i have if I update it or not !

TABLE OF CONTENT

Use this table of content for quick look up. You can find game settings and more info about each Act from this campaign below !

1. STORY
  2. ACT 1: THE DELPHI ORACLE
  3. ACT 2: THE BATTLE OF THERMOPYLAE
  4. ACT 3: 301 GODS
  5. ACT 4: THE BATTLE OF SALAMIS
  6. ACT 5: THE SPARTANS MARCH TO GLORY
  7. ACT 6: THE BATTLE OF PLATAEA
  8. ACT 7: THE TOWER OF BABYLON
  9. MORE SCREENSHOTS
  10. Spartans custom taunts for Eso
  11. More info & Contact
  12. DOWNLOAD

480-479 BC

...And then they came from Asia minor...
We smelled already the stench from that filth which came from the middle east when they where miles away. For a second time the Thousand nations of the Persian empire decended on Greece, an island of reason and freedom. Xerxes send an army that was so vast that it shook the earth with its march in order to destroy and submit our homelands !

But this time they would meet us, this time they would not fight only mortal Greeks....no this time they would be confronted by warriors who stand tall above any mortal who walks the earth, warrior who are perfect, warriors who have no fear, warriors who are the decendants of the great Heracles himself. This time they would fight us........SPARTANS !!

We where not alone......the mighty Zeus, ruler of heaven & earth, and all our Greek gods where ready to confront Ahura Mazda and the Persian gods.

They started "first blood" and so the time had come to teach them new kinds of pain !

Spartans is a multiplayer campaign created for Age of Mythology The Titans online gaming on the TVO & ESO. It leads a group of 5 players through the 3 decisive battles in the second part of the Greco-Persian War. Players will fight as the fascist Spartans and their Greek allies or the bloodtirsty and cruel Persians lead by their tyrant God King Xerxes.

Note this campaign will not be fully finished
The act which are released now ar tested many times...and they should run smooth.......but since i will not finish all acts for this campaign i concider all stuff as prototype stuff......if you found something you can post in the
Vandhaal forum showcase thread....and maybe I will update it if I am in the mood for it

ACT 1: THE DELPHI ORACLE

• Full cinematic scenario finetuned for use on Eso
  • Made for 5 players

Game set up:

• Player 1 is Zeus
  • Unlocked teams
  • No other team settings needed

ACT 2: THE BATTLE OF THERMOPYLAE

• Battlescenario with time limit, Invaders vs Attackers + king of the Hill style
  • Made for 5 players
  • ALL events are randomized so they can be different each time you host this scenario
  • Skipable tutorial cinematic
  • detailed map design
  • Use of real Persian Myth creatures and gods
  • Incorporated real historical events + ofcourse Vandhaals own fantasy myth stuff
  • 2 Greek vs 3 Persian players ( the game is balanced for this amount of players
  • random events ( randomized each new game)
  • randomized upgrade system
  • randomized heroes for both sides
  • Historical story under the spotlight button
  • well and much other stuff

Game set up:

• Player 1 and 2: team 1
  • Player 3,4,5 team:2
  • Above settings are not really needed ( diplomacy effects)
  • Civ settings do not matter ( specific civs will only have a small inlfuence on the game)
  • do not use comp players if you can they will do nothing and only lag
  • lock teams
  • Host this game only with some fun players..........with morons it will be boring just like any online game !

ACT 3: 301 GODS

• Full cinematic scenario finetuned for use on Eso
  • Made for 5 players

Game set up:

• Player 1 is Zeus ( if not the movie will not play !!)
  • Unlocked teams
  • No other team settings needed

NEVER TO BE FINISHED ACTS

These where planned scenarios for the Spartans campaign but they will not be finished and released.

ACT 4: THE BATTLE OF SALAMIS

This scenario was almost 100% designed and the first mission was fully triggerd. It would have been a scenario where both teams would fight around 5 missions ( 5 objectives). The team which would have won the most rrounds in this sea battle would win.
The first mission was about the Egyptian Contigent, the second mission would have been a battle onboard of rammed ships...hand to hand combat...Spartans fav style !. Last Mission would have been a battle in one of the ports...controlled by the Persians or Greek.

The map featured the Salamis area, including both ports, rammed ships, and just like in the real battle Xerxes sat on his thrown on the beach to see the naval battle as it developed.

Some BETA screenshots from Act 4 The Battle of Salamis..Notice these are work in progress screens so not finished stuff:

ACT 5: THE SPARTANS MARCH TO GLORY

This would have been again a short full cinematic scenario special created and finetuned for the use on ESO

ACT 6: THE BATTLE OF PLATAEA
Would have been the final large scale battle.. in the Greco-Persian War
The idea behind this scenario was to base it on a standard supremacy build & destroy gameplay. But with objectives for both sides...so kinda like the Build & Destroy scenarios in the original Age of Mythology single player campaigns

ACT 7: THE TOWER OF BABYLON

MORE SCREENSHOTS

You can find all screenshots in the Spartans Mulitplayer campaign album located in the Vandhaal Gallery.

Spartans custom Taunts for Eso

if you like to scream and shout on Eso like a real Spartan...well then grab these custom taunts

More info & Contact

Playtesters:

I like to thank all playtesters for their help and time
I am sure I have forgotten some names here....so sorry guys ! but anyway thanx for testing and helping out

names I do remember are:

main playtester: Oscar ( he helped me the most with his detailed notes and playtests...thanx a lot man !!)

other playtesters:
EliteMasterChief, Paperfriend, Darkdude, Elflesh, Freaky2, Albericht, Anasousolis, Two_Ace_U, Roman Hersir, Brightgalrs, navarone revenge, Azur fire, Nottud, two ace ??, luckyman ??...well and a lot more

The 3rd Greco Persian War Map
Click to enlarge

Visit one of the below locations for more info or to leave a reaction

email
vandhaal@gmail.com

web
New website:
http://www.vandhaal.elpea.net

Old website:
www.geocities.com/the_vandhaal

New website mirror:
New website mirror
Websites splash navigation

Forum:
The vandhaal forum

DOWNLOAD

For all The Vandhaal released and or published stuff on AomH and the HG network and around the internet counts:

BEST REGARDS,
THE VANDHAAL

El Vandhaal tiene gusto de las mujeres atractivas que usan los talones altos y las medias cosidas | Le Vandhaal qui aime les femmes qui portent des talons hauts et bas cousus.
HG moderators if you feel paranoid then translate the above here
More: ((( THE VANDHAAL WEBSITE)))(((STEAM VANDHAAL AOM EE COLLECTION)))(((VANDHAAL BLOG)))
[This message has been edited by The Vandhaal (edited 12-31-2999 @ 23:59 PM).]

[This message has been edited by The Vandhaal (edited 09-26-2008 @ 11:31 AM).]

Replies:
posted 11 January 2008 09:16 AM EDT (US)     1 / 21  
A must download

I very much enjoyed playtesting this

Yes, periods and smileys are the same for me
No matter what you say
posted 11 January 2008 10:50 AM EDT (US)     2 / 21  
Ah finally released, this campaign has excellent cinematography and I really like the zeus / city / oracle scenes.

Great job.
thrown
Throne .

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
"You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
"Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph

[This message has been edited by Yeebaagooon (edited 01-11-2008 @ 12:58 PM).]

posted 11 January 2008 12:14 PM EDT (US)     3 / 21  
Great harbour shot I have to say! good work.

ROME: 78 BC | | | | | THE LOST RUINS
Rome in your hands | Of Ancient Mesoamerica

AOMh Member since 2004
posted 11 January 2008 12:33 PM EDT (US)     4 / 21  
It's a shame that you didn't finish act 4 It looks like it's at least 70% done...

TBK_-_iDrug
"Because sometimes your posts seem to imply that you're a little high?" - RCM
"And sometimes "a little" is an understatement ;p ..." - Kyr
"I think TBK's subtly trying to tell us he does, but 'legally.' " - Norm
"Or maybe "slightly" illegal" - RCM
"Are you on drugs?" - Gamerrici
posted 11 January 2008 12:55 PM EDT (US)     5 / 21  
relaly looks nice vanda.
but,you sure can add more tiny eyecandy to it. like, thares that combination ob isis god monuments on a hill? why not add a palm or two, some rock river sandy with weeds and limestone rock sprouts? and an animal with a dying animal frozen in the middle of the animation?

you are respected,but you sure lack finishing touch eyecandy.and i think you use too meny implode buttons and night scenes.

well,i guess the dark germanian nights in "ring of the nibelungen act one" really affected all your others. add some light.darkness does not suit all scenarios and screenshots.

but,you really know how to show an artwork sometimes! like the soldiers in the darkend temple,the tower ob babylon(which implode balls suit.and im using some of your water pool designs) and the salamis harbor. i can see now why people appriciate you. though you can still learn a thing or two about finishing touches.

[This message has been edited by eyecandy of doom (edited 01-11-2008 @ 12:57 PM).]

posted 11 January 2008 01:03 PM EDT (US)     6 / 21  
Oh my god, somebody criticised the Vandhaal... oh I can't wait to see his response!

AOMh Member since 2004
posted 11 January 2008 01:08 PM EDT (US)     7 / 21  
Eyecandy of doom, I don't care who you are. There is no way you should even consider insulting or suggesting thigns to the vandhall. He has thought of that 100s of times over again probably.

Seriously. The Vandhall has probably been here since before you even knew what eyecandy was.

You seriously don't know what your talking about.

If you have any more things to say. Don't say it.

Its like going up to Peter Jackson and saying "Your directing is all wrong. You don't do enough close ups. You need to learn that."

Just stop now. No one is going to like you or appreciate you if you continue giving them that stuff.

-Mator

..........(@_ "Keyboard unnatached, press F10 to continue or F8 to troubleshoot."
._..........)..\__________________________________
(_)@8@8{}<______________Mator______________>
.............)_/ "You are tempting fate."
............(@
(¯`._.[Creator of Miniscule!]._.´¯)
posted 11 January 2008 01:11 PM EDT (US)     8 / 21  
This is just me, but i'm not sure whether EoD was deliberately being insulting. He is just expressing his opinion, which he is entitled too. critisizing the Vandhaal is always a risky business though. I'm quite impressed that he did to be honest, even if I don't necessarily agree with his opinion.

AOMh Member since 2004
posted 11 January 2008 01:42 PM EDT (US)     9 / 21  
hahahaha

suddenly this remark pops up in my mind

"Dein schnitt stimmt Nicht"

hahahah...sorry just a little inside fun

no need to make any fuzz about things guys ..remember this place is for fun and I only posted this for fun...it ofocurse had already been released begon december but since not many check my webbeis and stuff i just thought to give you a hand and post it here

Well eyecandy of doom maybe you could help me to learn more next time...since i am not super active here on aomH you are always welcome to drop into my forum and teach me and the guys some stuff....it seems i could learn a trick or two from you....so yes just feel free to drop in and give us a hand so I also learn how properly finish up stuff
( for your info.....maybe reading the description and text in the showcase also helps hahahah...those salamis shots you refer to are work in progress screenies....means they are not finished....but ofcourse thats just a minor side note and no excuse at all hahahahah )

Well its great that we have a new expert designer in the aom community.....aom and aomH needs that...because the game is getting older anyday.....I am looking forward to your projects eyecandy of doom. Reading your post makes clear to me that you are far more a perfectionist then I am so i am looking really forward to your blockbusting scenario/ campaign or general aom design stuff .

@ TBK

yes I stopped right in the middle of the construction of act 4 salamis....I had the first mission already triggerd in...but aside from that the map needed still a lot of work...so no i would say it was around 15% done or so.
The harbours where also not fully done because i saved some space for things which would be used by the players in the last mission......the last mission would be a battel in one of the harbours.....so it was not fully clear to me what i would need like troop producing stuff etc etc

the rammed ships where also far from done..the screenie in the showcase was basicly the first set up.......now they are a bit more designed in the map...but also they where not done.

as already said in the showcase...it simply took me too much time to test every thing..because the higly randomized things in the scenarios need many test runs on eso......and i simply could not get 5 trustfull testers togther all the time........to the testers who have the unfinished maps...please do not spread them......maybe odin inspires me to one day work some more on them.

lol also another thing prefends testing online....i like supremacy games and the supremacy system a bit more then custom scenarios online......basicly Oscars adventurers ( real rpg) are the only things i really like when it comes down to multiplayer scenarios.

but never the less i liked the online campaign idea with cinematics which you can watch with your friends online.....in spartans i tried to solve the very very limmited tools you have to make cinematics suitable for online .....trust me singleplayer cinematics are far more easy and you have far more options....lol just one example....animations do not work online hahahah

well just enjoy or not enjoy ...is all the same to me

Best regards,
The Vandhaal

BEST REGARDS,
THE VANDHAAL

El Vandhaal tiene gusto de las mujeres atractivas que usan los talones altos y las medias cosidas | Le Vandhaal qui aime les femmes qui portent des talons hauts et bas cousus.
HG moderators if you feel paranoid then translate the above here
More: ((( THE VANDHAAL WEBSITE)))(((STEAM VANDHAAL AOM EE COLLECTION)))(((VANDHAAL BLOG)))
[This message has been edited by The Vandhaal (edited 12-31-2999 @ 23:59 PM).]
posted 11 January 2008 01:47 PM EDT (US)     10 / 21  
Lool. Look at his first project. BTW he has only been here 18 days...

Be nice to EoD!

egyptopolis

heheh

I feel like flaming so bad. But I won't against the rules.

*slams head on keyboard and screams!*

-Mator

..........(@_ "Keyboard unnatached, press F10 to continue or F8 to troubleshoot."
............(@
posted 11 January 2008 02:34 PM EDT (US)     11 / 21  
Oh, someone dared to criticse someone who is good, oh no!. He's new, he wasn't aware that it was a work in progress, and... why shgould someone being seen as 'a great deisgner' stop us giving them constructive criticism?

░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█▀▀ ░
░█▀▀ ░█▀▀ ░█ ░█ ░░░
░▀▀▀ ░▀ ░░░▀ ░▀▀▀ ░
posted 11 January 2008 03:19 PM EDT (US)     12 / 21  
*agreed*

AOMh Member since 2004
posted 11 January 2008 03:22 PM EDT (US)     13 / 21  
Wow, you finished, finnaly.
Well eyecandy of doom maybe you could help me to learn more next time...
LOL, I almost peed myself here!!

[This message has been edited by ChaosRobie (edited 01-11-2008 @ 03:27 PM).]

posted 11 January 2008 04:37 PM EDT (US)     14 / 21  
The Tower of Babylon was awesome. I haven't seen the rest of those acts, but as soon as I can, I will

Sweet baby maizes!
posted 11 January 2008 05:35 PM EDT (US)     15 / 21  
This is great Vandhaal, but I would never recommend a multiplayer campaign.

MEPH
[Insert amazingly witty signature here.]

Me and Yeebaagooon's scenarios | Download The Corruptor
posted 11 January 2008 05:47 PM EDT (US)     16 / 21  
Always truly inspiring. I would like to know what is keeping you busy.

ValorStudios
<==========]==0

[This message has been edited by SwordOfValor (edited 01-11-2008 @ 05:51 PM).]

posted 11 January 2008 05:54 PM EDT (US)     17 / 21  
I remember playing this in alpha testing. It was fun.

Chimp with a gun
AKA
Desert fox
WAR DOESN'T DETERMINE WHO'S RIGHT,
ONLY WHO'S LEFT
posted 11 January 2008 08:40 PM EDT (US)     18 / 21  
xD

So horrible.

Awell.

So.. uneducated?

>.>

-Mator

............(@
posted 12 January 2008 04:56 PM EDT (US)     19 / 21  
Just... excellent

• To Do List:

- Write a to do list
    - 1, 2, 3 etc

Sig-Ne-A-Ture
  • posted 14 January 2008 09:28 PM EDT (US)     20 / 21  
    In my inactiveness I missed this! God. Must download now.

@Mator
    Stop over-reacting you were more offended than V was.

I never asked for this.
    posted 15 January 2008 06:30 PM EDT (US)     21 / 21  
    Ok sry...

:/

Lol.

Your right I was more offended then V.

o.O'

BTW, loved the cinematics!

-Mator

............(@
    Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Multiplayer Campaign: S P A R T A N S
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames