You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: The Snowy BattleGround (Srry, Only name i could think of)
posted 19 October 2008 00:16 AM EDT (US)   
Hi! Am kinda new here, Been real silent but read alot of the (forum History Sections) :/. But anyway onto the point. I decided to try my luck at making maps so i made this wonderful piece of art. Please tell me what u think, I would like feedback,ideas,tips,etc. Thank you!

Link - http://aom.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=8143

[This message has been edited by Skullerx (edited 10-19-2008 @ 02:16 PM).]

Replies:
posted 19 October 2008 02:28 AM EDT (US)     1 / 5  
Looks like waterfalls and snow. . What exactly is this?
posted 19 October 2008 12:12 PM EDT (US)     2 / 5  
Normally I wouldn't advise entering non playable work in the downloads section, but actually just take screenshots.

What you did is no actual wonder, but is not bad for a guy that barely started, if you wish to dedicate some spare time into AoM you could be really good.

The Gods have left us, therefore making the old world crumble and turn into ashes...

But as the gods return, from the ashes of the old world, shall rise a more beautiful and powerful new world, and life will begin once more, if they hadn't closed...dang you ES.
posted 19 October 2008 02:13 PM EDT (US)     3 / 5  
The Snow And waterfall thing - I been to the gorge alot and always noticed the waterfall never freezes and due to moving currents (cause of the waterfall) the ice cant freeze the river.

I had to update the file (go download it again in a little bit) cause the AI wasint corresponding with anything meaning they just stood there. I fixed that.

Note: I kinda need help on how to lower those High edges on the rivers, cause it makes the lands have a natural fortress. Ill add more screeny's in a little bit.
posted 20 October 2008 00:32 AM EDT (US)     4 / 5  
As a word of advice, never have a waterfall pouring out of nowhere. Make an elevated stream or a cave formation or something to have it pour out of.

[This message has been edited by Alex (edited 10-20-2008 @ 00:33 AM).]

posted 20 October 2008 08:58 PM EDT (US)     5 / 5  
Ok i shall implement that into my next map | Artic Survival! | It should be released sometime thursday or friday. heres some Info on it

Map Name: Artic Survival

Terrain: Melting Snow

Lighting: Sunrise/Night idk

Hilly? Yes

Cliffy? Yes

Rivers? Only as barricades, no food source.

Startout: You being with 4 Villagers, 2 ox carts, 6 militia, and a minatour. The Millitary units are used to deal with polar bears,wolfs etc. Goldmines are evenly spread out but there is 2/3 big blotches of em.

Story:

As you slowly walk along the snow trail listening to the soft whispers of the snow blowing, you see on the horizon, burnt down or destroyed buildings. your crew comes a little bit closer. You see what appears to be someone with the same stuff on the other side of the zone. Time to build and Survive.

*Note* I might make into a 4 player multiplayer map, am not sure. Vote on it when i make a new topic.
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » The Snowy BattleGround (Srry, Only name i could think of)
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames