Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Battle for Middle Earth: A Lord of the Rings you've never seen
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 4  Next Page »
posted 27 October 2008 01:21 AM EDT (US)   

Campaign Progress: Well, we'll just see if this can be made first

The Story so far:

While the Fellowship head of through the mines of Moria, the Elves of Rivendell discuss another matter. The Goblin Hordes of the North. An Invasion of Goblins has been making it towards Rivendell from Dol Guldur, Saurons Northern Fort.
The warriors remaining at the council since the discussion of The One Ring join together to fight another evil.

Play as the characters left behind in the movie for a WAR IN THE NORTH.

1:
Description: The invasion of the Goblins from the Misty Mountains heralds the beginning of the war in the north for the Elves or Eriador.

2:
Desription: The fate of the North rests with this Great Pass that cuts through the Misty Mountains. Elrond wisely send the Elf Glorfindel and Gloin of the Erebor Dwarves to clear the way for safe passage.

3:
Description: Here in the untamed lands that lie north of Rivendell, a new Goblin leader and his minions have made their home. If the heroes can attack the Ettenmorrs before the enemy can regroup from his defeat at High Pass, they'll have struck a crucial blow.

4:
Description: An evil beast has displaced the Dwarves of the Blue Mountains from their ancestral home and laid claim to a Dwarvern Ring of Power. If the Dwarves and Elves stand together in battle, perhaps they might yet vanquish such a powerful foe.

5:
Description: With the Corsairs of Umbar blockading the seas and the Goblins attacking from the east, the alliance of Dwarves and Elves face a treacherous battle on the shores of the Grey Havens.

6:
Description: On the Banks of the river Celduin an aliiance of the Dwarves and the Men of Dale must counter the onslaught of Sauron's legions marching forth from Dol Guldur. With meager numbers but hearty resolve, they retain a glimmer of hope for victory.

7:
Description: After falling back to the Dwarvern stronghold at Erebor, the Dwarves and men form a new alliance with the Wood Elves that offers the chance to turn the tide in the war. The combined forces must make their final stand in the city of Dale to counter the advance of Sauron's minions.

8:
Description: With victory at Erebor well in hand, the forces of light press forth to Dol Guldur, the heart of Saurons Stronghold in the north. IN this final, decisive battle, the forces of light must summon the ultamite courage and resolve to drive Sauron's forces out of the north once and for all.

I will allow people to help construct this.
All you need to do is fill out this (copy into your message):

[b]Services:[/b] What you wish to help in
[b]Service Description:[/b] The main part of scenario of which you wish to help.
[b]Email:[/b] Your email address

Then I will send you a few questions.
Think of it as a sort of quiz.
If you get 3 or 4/4, I will send you another email saying that you are now doing the job. You will also be added to the list below.

People in Group:

PoleRBear (obviously)
Dojo9999
DayoftheNinja
anstar10

To view their ranks, click
here

We still need more, people!

Coming soon:
Teaser

Screenies:

Note: All GrassA terrain is unfinished.

Click to Enlarge

Click to Enlarge

-PoleRBear, proud member of

..........(@_
._..........)..\_______________________________________
(_)@8@8{}<______________PoleRBear______________>
............)_/
............(@
I stole Mator's sig

[This message has been edited by PoleRBear (edited 12-13-2008 @ 02:46 AM).]

Replies:
posted 27 October 2008 03:25 AM EDT (US)     1 / 83  
Just incase you haven't thought of it, you could use the LOME mod of aom:tt to construct this campaign.
posted 27 October 2008 06:07 PM EDT (US)     2 / 83  
What the hell ill be the first to sign up xD

Services:I wish to help in: Triggers and potential eyecandy
Service Description: I wish to help with: Blue Mountains
Email:E-Mail: sjflame@hotmail.com

0_0

Mountains will crumble and temples will fall, and no man can survive its endless call. What is it? It is time everlasting. -A wise man
Ya well, rivers will part and people will bow. None can disobey my eternal call. I Am Dojo Bitch! -Dojo

[This message has been edited by Dojo9999 (edited 10-27-2008 @ 06:07 PM).]

posted 27 October 2008 06:32 PM EDT (US)     3 / 83  
This sounds a bit like BFME II - but as I prefer the AoM game engine - I think it would make an interesting campaign. You are more than welcome to use Legends of Middle Earth (if this makes it easier). It already has a pretty good array of dwarves (Axe, Throwing Axe, Mace, Rampagers (Sledge Hammer), Rams, Boar Riders, all the Hobbit Book Hero Dwarves, etc.), a few Dale units (Bard, Infantry, Cavlary, Archers) and lots of Elves (lorien, rivendell and mirkwood variants). Others can be added if required.

Good luck with the project!
posted 27 October 2008 08:11 PM EDT (US)     4 / 83  
[bold script (use 'b' instead)]Services:[/bold script] What you wish to help in
[bold script]Service Description:[/bold script] The main part of scenario of which you wish to help.
[bold script]Email:[/bold script] Your email address
In the future, use the
[code]
tag instead.
[b]Services:[/b] What you wish to help in
[b]Service Description:[/b] The main part of scenario of which you wish to help.
[b]Email:[/b] Your email address

Cerberus- The three headed guard dog who guards the entrance to Hades; son of Typhon.
posted 28 October 2008 00:40 AM EDT (US)     5 / 83  
Ok, just to reply to everything at once:

TartarianCerberus: Thanks for the advice, I'm adding it now.

Stephen Caines: Yeah, It was based on BfME 2. 'Cause I also thought it would be better on AoM (After all, everything is ).

Dojo9999: Thanks for signing up to this, I will email you soon. Hope you get em' right.

VuInerabIe: Don't you mean Stephen Caines AoME?

..........(@_
............)_/
............(@
I stole Mator's sig

[This message has been edited by PoleRBear (edited 10-28-2008 @ 01:19 AM).]

posted 28 October 2008 02:47 AM EDT (US)     6 / 83  
@PoleRBear - sounds like you may have an old release, the name got changed to Legends of Middle Earth (LoME) after we (LFS and I) decided to merge projects. If you haven't seen the latest version (currently hosted on Diino.com) you should before embarking on this project (LoME is about 20 releases ahead of the original AoME post).
posted 28 October 2008 08:22 PM EDT (US)     7 / 83  
I'd be glad to help with any research or ideas, so...
Services: Ideas/research
Service Description: I don't really care, I'm just a LoTR fan and good at researching.
Email: Dayofthe_Ninja@yahoo.com

Lead designer for The War of the Triple Alliance Mod
"It's a trap, for noobs. Looks like you're a noob, congratulations. Read the instructions this time."
-Lord Tahattus
"Most SDers don't have any knowledge on scripting. We do. You can impress them but not us."
-invent00r
posted 28 October 2008 11:32 PM EDT (US)     8 / 83  
Dojo9999, you got 3/4 (you seem to not have answered the last question at all!). Welcome to the team!

I will send you what I have done for the Rivendell scenario so far (and maybe a plan of the map also) so you can start work right away.

DayoftheNinja, just sent you the quiz.

..........(@_
............)_/
............(@
I stole Mator's sig

[This message has been edited by PoleRBear (edited 10-28-2008 @ 11:40 PM).]

posted 28 October 2008 11:46 PM EDT (US)     9 / 83  
Been done.

Old Bachus, Napoleon of Spam turned half decent forumer
>>Winner of Most Improved AoMH Forumer '09<<
~If you can read this, thank a teacher. If it isn't in Danish, thank King Alfred.~
>>My work<<

"Once you've stooped to Cash4Gold type stuff, you no longer are a celebrity." - Mozzy
posted 29 October 2008 00:06 AM EDT (US)     10 / 83  
What do you mean?

..........(@_
............)_/
............(@
I stole Mator's sig
posted 29 October 2008 00:26 AM EDT (US)     11 / 83  

My minas tirith scenario. Woot. Hope yours comes out like that. If anybody wants to continue where I left off and finish this minas tirith scenario be my guest. It's a great map.

ValorStudios
<==========]==0

[This message has been edited by SwordOfValor (edited 10-29-2008 @ 00:27 AM).]

posted 29 October 2008 00:57 AM EDT (US)     12 / 83  
Very nice. There isn't Minas Tirth in the game, but I'll try to do my best to make the eyecandy look like that.

..........(@_
............)_/
............(@
I stole Mator's sig
posted 29 October 2008 01:22 AM EDT (US)     13 / 83  
No it must be better then this!! Could make a nice Rivendell.:0

ValorStudios
<==========]==0
posted 29 October 2008 03:52 AM EDT (US)     14 / 83  
Heheh. Will be hard though.

..........(@_
............)_/
............(@
I stole Mator's sig
posted 29 October 2008 08:43 AM EDT (US)     15 / 83  
lol welll when i answered the questions actually i thought that my internet was disconnected so when i sent the message i thought it would stay in my outbox after i sent it xD then i dlted everything in my inbox and sent messages and emptied my dlted messages. it turned out i had internet and the message had already been sent. I then remembered that i hadnt finished the last question and i was gonna send another email but....well i didnt have a copy of the first and had forgot to write down ur email XD

but hey, as soon as u send me info on what u want to do i can get started.

Mountains will crumble and temples will fall, and no man can survive its endless call. What is it? It is time everlasting. -A wise man
Ya well, rivers will part and people will bow. None can disobey my eternal call. I Am Dojo Bitch! -Dojo
posted 29 October 2008 01:10 PM EDT (US)     16 / 83  
Yeah, who cares. You got the other three right, so, you still got in.

Did you get the email of the Rivendell game?

It's pretty lousy, but, I HAVE only been working on it for one day.

..........(@_
............)_/
............(@
I stole Mator's sig

[This message has been edited by PoleRBear (edited 10-29-2008 @ 02:51 PM).]

posted 29 October 2008 07:32 PM EDT (US)     17 / 83  
THANK GOD! lol
No offence but ya i was like wo when i saw it xD, ya its on its way though it just needs a backround story that you could shape everything around, mixed terrain and a whole lot of detailed eyecandy

(P.S. u forgot to add me to the "group list", and well maybe ur name to since ur helping make alot of it)

[This message has been edited by Dojo9999 (edited 10-29-2008 @ 07:36 PM).]

posted 29 October 2008 07:39 PM EDT (US)     18 / 83  
Dojo9999, since you were that alarmed you haven't fully read the message I sent.
Before you start, you'll have to download and install THIS. It's very important that you do.

..........(@_
............)_/
............(@
I stole Mator's sig

[This message has been edited by PoleRBear (edited 10-29-2008 @ 07:46 PM).]

posted 29 October 2008 07:45 PM EDT (US)     19 / 83  
Minty, do you have msn?
posted 29 October 2008 08:16 PM EDT (US)     20 / 83  
Who's Minty *confused*

..........(@_
............)_/
............(@
I stole Mator's sig
posted 29 October 2008 08:28 PM EDT (US)     21 / 83  
There's already been a LOTR campaign, and it was amongst the best ever made. It had lots of mods and special things in it and was created by a huge team in over two years. I'm sorry but nothing would compare .

Old Bachus, Napoleon of Spam turned half decent forumer
>>Winner of Most Improved AoMH Forumer '09<<
~If you can read this, thank a teacher. If it isn't in Danish, thank King Alfred.~
>>My work<<

"Once you've stooped to Cash4Gold type stuff, you no longer are a celebrity." - Mozzy
posted 29 October 2008 10:02 PM EDT (US)     22 / 83  
I did download itim just saying its still in the starting stage thats all(and i wasn't alarmed)

posted 29 October 2008 10:25 PM EDT (US)     23 / 83  
Who's Minty *confused*
You are! Minty_Bear!
posted 29 October 2008 11:10 PM EDT (US)     24 / 83  
Just sent it. If I get more than 1/4 right, then I don't think you read my answers correctly, but I don't really see the relevance of the quiz in the first place...

Lead designer for The War of the Triple Alliance Mod
"It's a trap, for noobs. Looks like you're a noob, congratulations. Read the instructions this time."
-Lord Tahattus
"Most SDers don't have any knowledge on scripting. We do. You can impress them but not us."
-invent00r
posted 29 October 2008 11:47 PM EDT (US)     25 / 83  
You are! Minty_Bear!
Um... what?

..........(@_
............)_/
............(@
I stole Mator's sig
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 4  Next Page »
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Battle for Middle Earth: A Lord of the Rings you've never seen
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to: