Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: HG Battleground - Members Welcome
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 29 March 2014 02:16 AM EDT (US)   

The delay is over ( See here for further details)

So I've been working on this scenario for a while now, and it it quite close to being completed so I thought I'd better generate some hype for it
All of the showcase data isn't going to be located here. There is too much to explain, and if I put all of the detail on one page most people will fall asleep or be overwhelmed. Therefore the main showcase can be found here:

>> Heaven Games Battleground Details <<

So what's in this thread?
Well since all of the details are located elsewhere I am using this thread to answer some questions, announce updates/releases and gather information from the community.

I demand a short and sweet overview!
Well since you asked so nicely, Heaven Games Battleground is a scenario in which the main goal is to keep the World Tree alive. To do this the player chooses one of four Heroes to play as, each with their own Primary and Secondary attributes as well as their own spells. The Hero selected must then fight against 8 waves of enemies using nothing but the abilities gained and items purchased in order to be successful.

What makes this scenario any good?
The main features of this scenario are the Hero's spells and their attributes. All spell damage scales and all spells are hotkeyed. The Hero obtains 3 stat points every level up and the player can decide to allocate those points however they see fit. All attributes give every Hero something, but some attributes also affect how a spell works! Some attributes will determine how much damage a spell does, other's will decide what buff to give or damage to deal. Also did I mention I created a fully functional triggered AI in one effect for the enemy?

Why only 5 Heroes and 8 Waves of enemies?
There are only 5 Heroes at the present moment; more will be added in time, complete with their own unique spells. As for the waves of enemies, well since no two enemy wave is the same in either stats, strategy or powers I think 8 waves is fine. Also currently one game lasts around 30 minutes, so I think that this is sufficient.

Why is it called Heaven Games Battleground, wasn't it called Valhalla Xmas at one point?
This scenario was originally started 3 days before Christmas 2013 and thus was originally called Valhalla Xmas. Soon I renamed the map to Heaven Games Battleground because of the more relevant title and the fact that this scenario has many of the Age of Mythology Heaven community members contained within the map.

Are any Community Members in this scenario? Am I needed
Of course there are a lot of community members contained within, most have an item named after them, while others may become playable characters. Currently there are 4 Heroes that are playable community members and one that is unnamed. As more heroes are added I will be looking for names, so if you are interested please comment below. Also if you are a part of this community I want to add you into this map, while it may not be possible I will try my hardest to fit you in somewhere!

Minimap:

What's left to do?
  • Rename the map on my website

Playtesting!

Playtesters finished (and received a free copy of AoMEE):
  • - ORm0rni
  • - WarriorMario
  • - Kwene

I don't think I missed anything. Thanks for reading :D ~ Milky

<||=================================||>
Proud Member of Forgotten Empires
96Reviews KaS Dota2 Halo 5 Reach
{ "Work until your idols become your rivals" }
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ trGetUnitScenarioName(); ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

[This message has been edited by Milkman Matty (edited 12-02-2014 @ 11:31 AM).]

Replies:
posted 29 March 2014 07:21 AM EDT (US)     1 / 37  
Sweet! It's like Dota and Dawn of War II's Last Stand combined. Will there be boss battles included?

EDIT: Yeeb's item looks kinda underwhelming, though. Shouldn't there be more awesomeness to it? XD

[This message has been edited by Zenophobia (edited 02-29-2094 @ 10:60 AM).]

[This message has been edited by Zenophobia (edited 03-29-2014 @ 07:44 AM).]

posted 29 March 2014 09:59 AM EDT (US)     2 / 37  
Oh man... that's quite depressing. Good luck with your map. But there's no way you can beat my shop, so I'll have that.

Youtube Channel
Skyrim... the greatest game ever... without considering Age of Mythology, of course!
Ctrl...Alt...Q...
and Brisingr-know these three things and your task here is accomplished...
posted 29 March 2014 09:59 AM EDT (US)     3 / 37  
Hope the last 10% doesn't take to long. Also some of the artwork looks great.
posted 29 March 2014 11:52 AM EDT (US)     4 / 37  
Thanks for the support guys, it really is much appreciated
Hope the last 10% doesn't take to long.
Just to clarify:
1. ALL of the spells are completed and function properly; hotkeys included.
2. SEVEN out of eight enemy waves are 100% completed.
3. ALL of the items have been implemented, however most need balancing.
4. LEVELING up is completely done as is in-between waves.

Literally the only things I have left to do is trigger the last wave and playtest balance.

The last wave will be completed by the next time I get a whole day free to code the triggers needed, so hopefully that won't take too long. The thing that will take the longest is the balance testing.
EDIT: Yeeb's item looks kinda underwhelming, though. Shouldn't there be more awesomeness to it? XD
Yeeb's item was actually originally a little better, providing +20 attack; however the item is insanely good on Strength Heroes if:
a) They don't use their spells until they hit around 150 mana.
or b) they get Shiva's blessing.

Because Strength heroes have very small mana costs on their spells, they effectively always have +15 attack and extra Line Of Sight.

The first reaction was to nerf the item from +20 to +15 attack (which I have done) but I will most likely make two separate effects one for Strength Heroes and one for the other Heroes.
Will there be boss battles included?
6 out the 8 waves are effectively boss battles, except you face them as a wave. Sooo... waves of bosses hurled at you. The first wave is sort of your average run-at-you wave, and another wave (I think it's 6) is pretty straight forward as well, with only minor powers involved.
Oh man... that's quite depressing. Good luck with your map. But there's no way you can beat my shop, so I'll have that.
Haha, I don't design in competition with others. I don't plan on beating anyone; I design because I enjoy it. But whatever helps you sleep at night I guess .
Also some of the artwork looks great.
Google makes the best artwork ~ Milky

EDIT: Also, I've planned out all of the skills and powers and items and everything so that this will be co-operative, as in for 2 players. When I finish the map it will literally just be a case of copying everything and changing the number from 1 to 2. This will only be added after I have completely finished the one-player version though.

[This message has been edited by Milkman Matty (edited 03-30-2014 @ 01:20 PM).]

posted 29 March 2014 01:43 PM EDT (US)     5 / 37  
I love how you manage to customise your scenarios with sexy showcases and then attribute things to members of the community.
There's always great depth to your scenarios and I think you're probably the longest designer that's ever been in service here?

Can't wait to play.
EDIT: Also, I've planned out all of the skills and powers and items and everything so that this will be co-operative, as in for 2 players. When I finish the map it will literally just be a case of copying everything and changing the number from 1 to 2. This will only be added after I have completely finished the one-player version though.
ZOMG NEW LEVEL OF AMAZEMENT!

Also can I be super cheeky and trouble you for a review? xxx

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
"You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
"Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph

[This message has been edited by Yeebaagooon (edited 03-29-2014 @ 01:44 PM).]

posted 29 March 2014 02:18 PM EDT (US)     6 / 37  
It's like Dota and Dawn of War II's Last Stand combined. Will there be boss battles included?
Yes! Well, to be honest this map is based off the DotA 2 minigame Wraithnight.

@ Yeebeegeebs
For sure Yeebs, when I get the time I would be delighted to review that scenario. It would be a welcome break from designing and programming in fact, I've already done it

Also it is no secret that it is the community that keeps people here.
For instance: why does VoH still have people that post there? There are many places where people can interact on much more active forums. It's because the people that post in VoH know the rest of the people there, are friends with others, and have been so for many years now. I believe that while the people in VoH continue to talk with their friends VoH will always remain active (and lure other oldies to post), the same is true for SD, MD and AoMH as a whole.

So I think I will always place a high value on the community, and for that reason you will be seeing active community members such as Paps, Out Reach, Freaky, yourself etc. as well as those who shall never be forgotten: Mythic_Freak, Vandhaal, Shiva, King Jared, Paperfriend and so on.
and I think you're probably the longest designer that's ever been in service here?
Subtly calling me old . It's true though, I've been a member and designing for 8 years (I've been lurking these forums since before I registered though). And to think I'm only 21 lol. AoM just seems to still have parts that I can explore, I just wish I knew back in the day what I know now, oh how things would have been different ~ Milky

[This message has been edited by Milkman Matty (edited 03-30-2014 @ 10:25 AM).]

posted 31 March 2014 08:13 PM EDT (US)     7 / 37  
Nice. I haven't played much Dota to know what Wraithnight is (prefer LoL), but I honestly loved Dawn of War II's Last Stand mode, being that it was the first of its kind, and inspired many others like Gears of War 2's Horde Mode and Halo Reach's Firefight.

[This message has been edited by Zenophobia (edited 02-29-2094 @ 10:60 AM).]
posted 07 April 2014 12:32 PM EDT (US)     8 / 37  
The last wave has been finalized, I only have beta testing left to do. Keep an eye out because I will need some beta testers soon!

I am also thinking of rewarding the beta testers with a free copy of Age of Mythology on steam (if they do a good job). Stay tuned ~ Milky

[This message has been edited by Milkman Matty (edited 04-07-2014 @ 12:33 PM).]

posted 10 April 2014 11:06 AM EDT (US)     9 / 37  
Game Title
So with the AoMEE just around the corner I'm thinking of naming this scenario something along the lines of "AoMH Valhalla Arena" or even just "AoMH Arena". However I am keen to hear anyone else's ideas. Plus I have to check to make sure I can actually put AoMH in the title, since this will be seen (I'm guessing) all throughout Steam.

AoMH Forumers as Playable Characters
Also if any of the following users have a problem with being a playable Hero within the game please let me know (I will endeavour to e-mail these users before the launch but no promises, especially if it's private).

Alex
Out Reach
Elrich
HailToTheOboe
THYMOLE

These are just the shortlisted users, no one is guaranteed at this point (except Out Reach; only if he declines).

Please keep in mind your hero will have a full backstory that will most likely not reflect anything about you. So if you don't want to be associated with a backstory that may portray you in a particular light let me know (look at the backstories for the current Heroes, all backstories will be similarly themed).

If you don't like the backstory I may change it but more than likely I will just find another forumer to take the place because that takes less effort on my part .

If you are keen to be a Hero let me know by posting (just say something like "I'd love to be a Hero" or similar) and I'll see what I can do.

Playtesting
Also it will only be a little bit longer (a couple of days) before I need playtesters. Unfortunately the Mid-Semester exams are next week so that has hindered my progress somewhat. And yes all playtesters will receive a free copy of the AoMEE on Steam.

Stay Tuned! ~ Milky

[This message has been edited by Milkman Matty (edited 04-10-2014 @ 11:40 AM).]

posted 10 April 2014 11:54 AM EDT (US)     10 / 37  
And yes all playtesters will receive a free copy of the AoMEE on Steam.
:O
I guess you're not going to allow many playtesters lol.
So with the AoMEE just around the corner I'm thinking of naming this scenario something along the lines of "AoMH Valhalla Arena" or even just "AoMH Arena". However I am keen to hear anyone else's ideas. Plus I have to check to make sure I can actually put AoMH in the title, since this will be seen (I'm guessing) all throughout Steam.
Adding AoMH at the steam release would be a good idea. Also link to AoMH in the description(if steam works like this) so the new players will flow into these fora.

We cannot rely on luck to be successful.
posted 11 April 2014 02:06 AM EDT (US)     11 / 37  
Ill playtest XD i do love Hon/dota also sounds alot of fun

_.,-=~+"^'`*Kwene*`'^"+~=-,._
Castiel: "What would you rather have, peace...or freedom?"
1812 Overture Tchaikovsky
Anime List <- Suggestions welcome Via: Pm or InGame
My Skills were passed down the Armstrong line for Generations
posted 14 April 2014 03:06 AM EDT (US)     12 / 37  
Playtesters needed!

I need 3 playtesters!

Playtesters must be able to:
1. Write fluent English.
2. Be a member of HG for at least 6 months.

Playtesters will be required to:
1. Submit all bugs (this refers to bugs, issues and balance issues) that they find.
2. Submitted bugs must be legible and concisely detailed.
3. Provide their e-mail address to myself via any medium (private or public, which ever is easiest).
4. Complete at least 1 playtest, however the playertester may be required to complete up to a maximum of 3 versions of the BETA map. They may only have to complete one playtest/playthrough however.
5. Maintain contact-ability on either HG or via e-mail until I have fixed their outlined bugs.
6. Keep in mind that there is no bug limit nor quota the playtester must complete. However it is very unlikely that no bugs will be encountered.
7. Provide their Steam account to myself via any medium (private or public, which ever is easiest) only if they wish to receive a few copy of AoMEE.

Playtesters must not:
1. Post any screenshots of the BETA version they are provided with to the public.
2. Post any spoilers onto AoMH.

If you have been a member of HG for a long time and I know your username then chances are I will be a lot more lenient about these rules. But please no matter who you are, don't leak anything - it just slaps all the hard work I've put into this map right in the face.

If the playtester can successfully satisfy the above conditions then they will receive a free copy of AoMEE via steam gift from myself.

If you are interested post below!
You may not be needed straight away! keep this in mind as you might not be contacted until a week or so after I have confirmed you as a playtester! ~ Milky

Disclaimer - I feel I should add that I am in no way associated with AoMH so if anything goes south contact me not the poor Mods

[This message has been edited by Milkman Matty (edited 04-14-2014 @ 06:33 PM).]

posted 14 April 2014 10:24 AM EDT (US)     13 / 37  
Playtesters must be able to:
1. Write fluent English. Yes
2. Be a member of HG for at least 6 months. Yes

My seed is ready, I mean Im ready and would love to assist you in the playtesting phase of your creation. :P

On a side note, Your site lied to me. It has a download button but its just "refreshes" the page, you sneaky bugger. The lore and different spells, items and the balance looks awesome Im really impressed.

[This message has been edited by Kwene (edited 04-14-2014 @ 10:35 AM).]

posted 14 April 2014 04:15 PM EDT (US)     14 / 37  
I would like to playtest your scenario too. I can write fluently, and my account is more than 6 months old.
posted 14 April 2014 06:30 PM EDT (US)     15 / 37  
@ORm0rni, Kwene: Excellent! since both your e-mails are private, swing me an e-mail to either of my accounts listed and we will go from there ~ Milky

posted 14 April 2014 11:52 PM EDT (US)     16 / 37  
I would like to playtest it too. I can write English fluently and my account is older than 6 months.

We cannot rely on luck to be successful.
posted 15 April 2014 01:32 AM EDT (US)     17 / 37  
My email is gamie@walla.com .
posted 15 April 2014 02:20 AM EDT (US)     18 / 37  
Currently out atm, expect an e-mail in 4-5 hours. Sorry for the delay ~ Milky

posted 15 April 2014 05:23 AM EDT (US)     19 / 37  
I sent an Email but my current email is Mapdesign@hotmail.co.uk

posted 15 April 2014 05:49 AM EDT (US)     20 / 37  
Damn, I'd love to help out but I've misplaced my copy of Titans, so I'm going to have to wait for extended edition before I can play a lot of things.

ninjapenguin981
I AM THE ALMIGHTY ETERNAL LOSER SISSY BOY
posted 15 April 2014 08:17 AM EDT (US)     21 / 37  
@ Kwene, ORm0rni & WarriorMario: Check yo e-mails! ~ Milky

posted 15 April 2014 01:27 PM EDT (US)     22 / 37  
I agree to the first three points you sent me. I don't have any preference in the fourth. I reply here bacause my email doesn't send you the reply as it should.

[This message has been edited by ORm0rni (edited 04-15-2014 @ 01:27 PM).]

posted 15 April 2014 10:05 PM EDT (US)     23 / 37  
Cool, well just send your reply e-mails to my dreamer@live.com.au account, we know that that works ~ Milky

1:05pm

posted 17 April 2014 01:49 PM EDT (US)     24 / 37  
May I playtest please? I really don't want to start working for school
Aaah, so I have to fit in some standards? Very well.

I have been active here since december 2011 and have implicated in lots of projects, not to mention my epic competition. Every scenario that bears my name is of very high quality, some amassing over a thousand downloads. I am also a native talent as a designer, convince yourself. I can speak english fluently, my only grammar mistakes coming the overwhelming humor ratio. I have done playtesting in the past so I have experience in the domain. I made myself a scenario like yours, unfortunately plagued by the lack of motivation, and faced the difficulties and challenges of making such a map, therefore I can help you. I have Age of Mythology the Titans and I also have free time.

I will stop here, for now.

Youtube Channel
Skyrim... the greatest game ever... without considering Age of Mythology, of course!
Ctrl...Alt...Q...
and Brisingr-know these three things and your task here is accomplished...
posted 17 April 2014 04:35 PM EDT (US)     25 / 37  
This scenario really sounds like my kind of thing. It's one of the few scenarios that has caught my attention in a long while. I'm very interested in playing this.

What are the key ingredients to make a popular RPG? To find out, read the results of the RPG survey.
Want to create an advanced patrol/pathfinding system? Have a look at the powerful Pathfinding triggers.
Games I'm playing: The Witness [80%] Chivalry: Medieval Warfare [20%]
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » HG Battleground - Members Welcome
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to: