You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Limb of Memories (CoM 2 showcase)
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 30 June 2015 06:44 PM EDT (US)   

Hello and welcome to the Showcase topic for Children of Memories II

I present to you, Age of Mythology Heavenforum members, the new RPG scenario made by Tasterix and featuring some of the greatest designers of this decay !

First of all, I have to say that I am really glad to see how far the Children of Memories RPG went. It reached the community in a way I couldn't imagine a few years back, when I was designing it. It is a real privilege to have all the support from the AoM EE community and I remember how incredibly kind and friendly the AoMH members were. I know I said I stopped designing but, seeing most of people kept downloading the map, talking about it and now hosting it again on the Extended Edition, I can't resist.

There were several flaws in the previous Chapter and I always talked about a second version of the RPG. Considering the map was just a test to improve my editing and designing skills, I think I can not work on a v2.0. Though, I still want to make something bigger, greater than the original. Thus, I can now say that the official Second Chapter is a work in progress. Yes fellows, the free roaming RPG style is back again and will now kick some booties !

Plus, I think with the new upcoming of the Extended Edition, and in order to bring much more people into actually download and play this game (Age of Mythology), I think it is a good time to come up with something new and different from what we have seen before. Children of Memories was one of my best experience on the Online video games and keeps staying that way days by days. I think it is time to show up and design the most entertaining and greatest RPG map ever made in the history of Age of Mythology.

How will I do that ? I will make it a Community map. But not as we could see it before. It was really difficult to work with a lot of designers and send the map one to another everytime someone finished a section. I think I will work with a different rules this time, and keep making the eyecandy while I'll ask for some designers to help me with specific parts. Of course all the credits will be awarded and it has already started in a certain way. Now I'm done with talking, let's do some action !

For your information, Children of Memories is available on EE. You can download it from the Steam Workshop section.

Designing Informations
Triggering progress : 5%
Eyecandy progress : 10%
Storyline progress : 80%
Heroes progress : 20%

Features
Pick between 16 heroes as always from the following list :
  • Brute : the best warrior of the team
  • Barbarian : a good mix between fighter and tank
  • Rogue : random hero easily customizable
  • Knight : a hit and run strategy hero

• Archer : the distant unit of the game
  • Scavenger : a good hunter and puts traps
  • Thief : can steal things with more features
  • Assassin : teh boss killer of the game

• Battle Mage : excellent combination of fights and spell casts
  • Sorcerer : will have a large amount of spells
  • Healer : will be able to heal anyone, anytime
  • Shapeshifter : can morph onto heavy animals

• Architect : this one is a classic, builds tower
  • Siege Engineer : can controls siege weapons
  • Merchant : mostly focused on money
  • Scientist : can convert amazing robots

The game will have a main quest to follow the storyline with 3 secondary quests which will be the Thieves guild, Warriors Fellowship and Wizard Academy (yes, Elder Scrolls game style).

Instead of putting load amount of quests everywhere, I will separate them lands by lands. As always, there will be a large amount of eyecandy, with different palces like Deserthia, Northaria, Frostown, Portreal and some other cool secret places.

Bosses will be unique and will all have a special abilities to increase the variety of fights, and attract the most talented RPG players of Age of Mythology. This means the gaming time will be increased by a few hours (saves advised).

And of course, unique and original leveling system and heroes abilities, coming from the people who will work with me on the map. Including a respawning system with possible re-role !

PS : Finally playable Singleplayer with 2 heroes able to pick.

More screenshot will come while I'll make the map. But I couldn't let you without some more informations. So here is a little map of the background found in an abandonned chest. Stay tunned if you want to know more about this game.

Team Status
Art Director : Tasterix
Leveling system Creator : Zenophobia
Random spawning trigger creator : Candalas

I do not recruit designers but if you are skilled enough and good at triggering, please send me a Steam message (my accound is the same as here, Tasterix).

Thank you for reading and supporting the project. Please feel free to comment and share your ideas below. I will sometime ask you to work on a random quest to set up for the players and te character will be named after you (like Scragins, BSU_Dolhades or Majic_Dodo in the previous map).

|Limb of Memories| Upcoming AoM Online RPG, the prequel to |Children of Memories|
A project by Tasterix.

[This message has been edited by Tasterix (edited 08-11-2015 @ 01:28 AM).]

Replies:
posted 30 June 2015 08:08 PM EDT (US)     1 / 40  
I remember play testing the original, it was a lot of fun, I'm glad you're making a new one.
posted 02 July 2015 09:58 PM EDT (US)     2 / 40  
Psyched! Would love to have a part in this.

posted 03 July 2015 12:04 PM EDT (US)     3 / 40  
Tasterix brings sexy back

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
"You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
"Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph
posted 07 July 2015 06:30 PM EDT (US)     4 / 40  
any progress?

[This message has been edited by Zenophobia (edited 02-29-2094 @ 10:60 AM).]
posted 09 July 2015 05:39 AM EDT (US)     5 / 40  
@ scragins : Nice to see you are still around, let me know if you want a new quest for the second RPG

@ Yeeb : lol ! Thanks dude nice to see you there too, I hope I can finish the map and give you a playtest session

@ Zeno : On vacation for about 2 weeks, won't be working on it during this time BUT ! I come with something interesting for you guys which leads to my last reply :

@CeaseDaFire : It would be a honor ! I think I may have something for everyone here since the map is still in progress.

Here we go for the serious reply now : There are 16 heroes with several and special abilities. The best way to make the map as a community one is to let anyone who wants to add something, he can work on it. If you guys have some time, you can work on the Editor and try to imagine some special abilities that would be interesting for this game.

I think I'll take some ideas from Choose your Mutation (by Yeebaagooon) and Hero Build Fighter (by Zenophobia).

A help on the sidequests scenario would also be nice. The main story is already written, and I have the full idea of what will be the entiere triggering of it. So for now we are looking for heroes abilities. If you want to make something interesting please let me know and I'll try to send you the map (or send me a blank map with only triggers so I can sort of copy and past them and credits you in the main showcase/scenario).

I'll be gone for now and come back later with many ideas and will keep the work on it. See you soon and untill I come back don't hesitate to try and give me scenarios ideas / quests ideas / hero abilities ideas !

WE CAN THINK ABOUT:

- Thieve Guild : A scenario where you have to steal relics from the little town to the greatest city, I have to think about a sytem that generate some random patrols when you have to steal a treasure (relic) from a city. Don't know how to do that but if you have any idea I take it ! Around 5 cities to steal so it would be nice to have 5 different "stealing quest"

- Warriors Fellowship : Arena ? Hunting ? Don't know what to do here but if you have any good Arena system triggering or any idea on how to make a "Hunt minigame" work I'll take it aswell.

- Wizard Academy : I have no clue on what to do exept chasing flowers, seeking for seeds or planting some random hippie things all around the map. If anyone has any idea on what to do on the magicians guild, I'm really curious

PS : No shortcut for spells plz, only God Powers and triggering settings to make diff effects.

|Limb of Memories| Upcoming AoM Online RPG, the prequel to |Children of Memories|
A project by Tasterix.

[This message has been edited by Tasterix (edited 07-09-2015 @ 05:45 AM).]

posted 09 July 2015 11:15 AM EDT (US)     6 / 40  
How are you going to make the single player version let you control multiple characters and use all their special abilities if they are based on god Powers? There are 2 systems I can think of. 1 would involve changing the available God powers depending on the unit selected, this would make controlling units easier as you could select them all at once. The other method would use the set player active effect to change which player you control and hence which god powers are available. To give the second method smoother control over the units, you could use triggers to make the units you are not controlling follow the one you are. The second method would be more siliar to multiplayer. I'm assuming the heroes will work in a similar way to the original.
posted 17 July 2015 04:32 PM EDT (US)     7 / 40  
Will there be an Elder Scrolls influence as in the first map?

PS: Please no more relics in the far corner of the map that give one gold and for gods sake use the change name effect much more often thanks. And higher priority for the triggers, if that doesn't hurt the Children of Memories feeling of dancing tango around the NPC before he finally talks. About the guild thing, you can make a few such groups like the Iron Order, the Round Table or the Wizard Academy you mentioned. Apart from secondary quests, each player could also join a single guild that grants bonus stats or unlocks a specific guild related ability? I also saw you like Automatons Statues, this time you could make them come alive before the final boss so the players have to back, search and kill them before the ending fight. Quests can appear as four nice chats, title, details, mission type/guild/whatever, and reward, so should anyone forget what was is about, the quest can be looked back in the chats and see its details. Adding custom abilities to ordinary monsters wouldn't be bad, such as poisoning, slowing, killing powers, stealing gold when an enemy dies or at random intervals of his health. Keep the names straight(example from first map, first there was Telmora then Talmora). I felt that you should add more lore to the landscape, not only in changing names, but also extending the story with original mythology(give the sleeper a name maybe) and NPC that just salute or say a local tale and not give quests, or if they do, the guards would first be rude, then after you do the quest, they would be friendly and welcome you.

Cheers man!

Nickonhawk

Youtube Channel
Skyrim... the greatest game ever... without considering Age of Mythology, of course!
Ctrl...Alt...Q...
and Brisingr-know these three things and your task here is accomplished...
posted 21 July 2015 11:49 AM EDT (US)     8 / 40  
I believe we must all...

GET HYPE

If I could interject with a recommendation which you do not need to follow at all: try to devise a Resurrection system, so that death does not end the game. Sure have a hardcore mode where when you die you lose, but for the most part, its frustrating to start a game with your friends, have one of them die at the beginning, and then either have to slog on slowly because your ally died, or restart because you don't want to leave your friend out. And you can tie it to all sorts of nifty mechanics too! Deaths could result in losing levels or gold for example.

Having played the original children of memories all too little, and too long ago, I don't remember if you had this kind of system in that. Either way, I eagerly eagerly await this, and I'll be happy to help if needed. Im four years into game development and entrepreneurship at my school, im sure iv got something that might help you.

"I NED MOAR RANGE" Pubby8

[This message has been edited by pBiggz (edited 07-21-2015 @ 11:55 AM).]

posted 21 July 2015 01:20 PM EDT (US)     9 / 40  
Can't help reading the desert region as dysarthria. Medicine has ruined me.

How are you going to combat the problems of lag, different events firing at once and the fact that the average online player has the IQ of a potato?

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
"You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
"Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph
posted 21 July 2015 11:02 PM EDT (US)     10 / 40  
@yee the higher ranking supremacy players are certainly smarter than potatoes, but they don't play scenario maps
Generally the smarter of the scenario playing people are too busy making their own stuff instead of playing maps, which is why this happens

Hi
posted 22 July 2015 01:37 AM EDT (US)     11 / 40  
tasterix is already implementing a resurrection system.

posted 22 July 2015 05:52 AM EDT (US)     12 / 40  
resurrection system would be awesome
I can't remember how many times we had to disband a CoM game because some guy did something stupid and died half an hour in

Hi
posted 22 July 2015 02:46 PM EDT (US)     13 / 40  
First off, multiplayer RPGs are absolutely my most favorite type of scenarios to play by a long shot. So please make this happen!!1!!one!! Tasterix gains +1000 motivation points.

Time for some serious talk and honest feedback now that's out of my system. I don't want to put pressure on you, but I must say I have very high expectations of this scenario.

Now, I consider CoM to be in the top 10 multiplayer scenarios ever created. But to be honest, I only rank it so high because of its gorgeous map design and not because of the actual gameplay. I think the gameplay is very similar to almost every other RPG out there: you charge into the enemies, you repeatedly whack them while standing in the same place until they're dead, you heal up, you buy upgrades until you're practically invincible... and that's it. No real strategy is involved apart from a few boss fights.

Looking at this showcase, I've a feeling you're going down the same route (something I fear). In my opinion, to have a more exciting and active gameplay, you'll want to have multiple abilities with relatively short cooldowns and difficult encounters (especially when you have a resurrection system) that require active movement and coordination between team mates. Creating a robust system like this is challenging. And if you're really planning to add 16 different heroes then I can't help but think you're creating a similar system used in CoM because it would otherwise take a lot of effort.

What I basically wish for is the following:

1. Challenging encounters:
    • If someone gets near a group of enemy units and tries to lure them out one by one, the whole group is triggered to attack.
    • Any enemy unit can easily kill off any player if the player isn't a tank.
    • Occassionally force the players to fight in enclosed environments (for instance, by blocking the exit with fallen boulder walls or locking a door). In other words, prevent players from being able to run away.
    • Create a system that prevents players from endlessly kiting enemy units.
  2. Active combat:
    • Multiple abilities per hero with short cooldowns.
    • Enemy abilities (e.g. skillshots, AoE) and units (e.g. units that explode when they come in close contact with a player) that need to be dodged/killed off quickly. So some enemy units should be prioritized to kill off immediately (zeno's hero build fighters does this as well).
  3. Team coordination:
    • Tanks have responsibility to protect others from being attacked, otherwise the whole team will die. They have to draw the enemies' attention by using Taunt abilities (also used in zeno's hero build fighters) and use active damage mitigation abilities to withstand the attacks.
    • Healers have responsibility to keep everyone alive with active healing abilities, otherwise the team will die. The time of healing with a priest out of combat is over. Healers should be able to target a location to cast AoE heals to heal nearby allies. Powerful healing abilities have a small healing radius, less powerful abilities have a larger healing radius. Players with low health could be flashed (Flash unit effect) so that the healers know who needs healing quickly. Much more fun! Healers shouldn't fall behind on XP as much as in the original CoM. I've seen a lot of games where everyone is level 10+ and the healer is still level 4 because his offensive capabilities simply aren't as powerful as the others'.
    • Damage dealers have responsibility to kill the enemies as quickly as they can while avoiding taking unnecessary damage that would kill them off very quickly, otherwise the team will take too much damage and die.

I know you'll give this scenario your best shot and I'm eager to play it. I hope you'll use ALL OF MY some of my feedback in your scenario. Go Tasterix! I believe in you!

What are the key ingredients to make a popular RPG? To find out, read the results of the RPG survey.
Want to create an advanced patrol/pathfinding system? Have a look at the powerful Pathfinding triggers.
Games I'm playing: The Witness [80%] Chivalry: Medieval Warfare [20%]

[This message has been edited by Lewonas (edited 07-22-2015 @ 03:08 PM).]

posted 23 July 2015 07:17 PM EDT (US)     14 / 40  
loled at the last reply.

Thank you guys I'm back from vacation (any Italian player here ? if so, greetings from France ). Now I'll give some answers to everyone as I always do and try my best to give you informations without spoiling the game. Because, yes, everything is on a paper, and I only have to trigger it now (except the part I was talking about in my last reply).

@Scragins : I have no idea. But when I worked on the first version, I though just adding some fellows with your main characters would be nice. I will certainly do this for the prequel. Depending on the unit you choose, you will get his godpowers (this includes putting more abilities and more funny spells), but you will still have the choice to pick 2 more heroes that will follow you but never cast any spell. I think it is the only way to make it work. And... yes, this will be very similar, but a bit different

@pBiggz : Yesss ! As said before me, the respawning system is working. But the hardcore mode is a good idea. May I take it without credit ? To be honest, I didn't think about it but it's really interesting and I may consider putting it anyway

@Yeebaagooon : If I tell you i'll put less eyecandy for less lag, will you agree with that ? XD No, seriously, I think I'll design the game as I created the last one with some difference (now this will be an entiere island), but I can't do anything for the lag. I personally played a few games with EE to check and with 4 good computers, the lag is okay. In fact, the lag is an Ageofmythologylag.

@Lewonas : Owwwmyyyy O.o

First, thank you very much.

I'm not really agreed with you concerning the gameplay. Okay, you have to randomly kill enemies all around the map like all regular other RPGs that was created with the editor. But, I'm sure you have played the Healer at least once. Really, the gameplay is mechanical. Try rushing with an archer that does loads of damage or with the healer. The result will be a lot more different if you were a Brute. There is a strategy if you play it on a Medium/Hard setting. There really is a strategy my friend, try not to have one and this is why most people die.

I'm, indeed, doing the same thing again. Well.. Same won't be the exact term. Heroes abilities will be a lot more different for some of them (including an ability for the Brute, yes, the Brute will have a few godpowers lol ). In fact, I think I'll try to get inspiration from Hero Build Fighter from Zenophobia, which I'm sure will make you happy. Here is a little summary :

Short cooldown = No. That's not my style sorry
Difficult encouters = Hell yeah you'll get some

Enemy moves = Impossible due to the fact I have to disable enemy player. Or maybe someone can do something with the AI that moves randomly on the map and mess up all the scenario when the player is activated. If so, then, yes, that will be very... very... very interesting

Any enemy can easily kill anyone if not a tank = have you really played Children of Memories ?

Enemy abilities = I'll copy cat ZenophhHemf. What ? No I didn't say that.

Team coordination = Yes, it will be more necessary to coordinate things. I will make less enemies on the map and force the players to understand they MUST at least be with a team of 3 characters to survive. This means no more solo in a multiplayer game that sometimes happened when you were too strong for your team. That will be hard to make but I think I can do it, especially if the respawning system doesn't just kicks you off. This will make people think twice before making any move alone on the fog of war.

@Zhaka Mu : Elder Scrolls influence is already on the speech

For the relic, yeah, sorry about that, haha. But I don't know what you mean when you mention the Change Name effect. Oh and about the automatons statues, if you play as a savant, you can convert them by walking right beside them and use them as permanent army to farm the lower levels of the map and get easy levels.

"Quests can appear as four nice chats, title, details, mission type/guild/whatever, and reward, so should anyone forget what was is about" = Best idea ever, I think I will add shortcut or something similar to let player know the quest they are in. Maybe some units on the bottom of the map that are created when the quest is activated and gives you the chat information when you kill it (and gets respawned right after you deleted it so you can read it back later). YES, definately YES !

But for the NPC randomly talking, really that's not gonna happen unfortunately, unless it is really necessary so it gives informations / hints to players about next quest / boss or some detail about the next land. If I do some random talks, that would be impossible to understand what's going on on the screen.

Well thank you everyone, I'll work on this. I hope I had a few screenshot to show you but I couldn't work on it for the past 2 weeks. For now on, I'll use my free time and only free time to keep doing it so it can be really long.

I have a good feeling about this is going a really good project and I'm already enjoying all your replies and ideas. This is just the beginning and I'm really exciting to give you some more informations. Thank you again, sorry for my bad english because I'm a bit tired and... See you soon with more screeshots !

(Heroes abilities explanation/details are coming with a surprise for you designers )

PS : I hope my answers weren't perceived as rude I really liked all your ideas and replies. Kiss and love and all that hyppie stuff, see ya !

A project by Tasterix.

[This message has been edited by Tasterix (edited 07-23-2015 @ 07:24 PM).]

posted 24 July 2015 05:50 AM EDT (US)     15 / 40  
Okay, you have to randomly kill enemies all around the map like all regular other RPGs that was created with the editor.
Ok, to make things clear, I have no problem with this. What I meant is that each normal fight doesn't require strategies like prioritizing enemies to kill and/or dodging dangerous mechanics like exploding units or skillshots, etc.
Try rushing with an archer that does loads of damage or with the healer. The result will be a lot more different if you were a Brute.
So what I'm trying to get at is that no one except from the tank can take on multiple enemies at the same time without dying almost instantly. So not only the archer and healer are vulnerable, but also the rogue, knight, scavenger, thief, assassin, battle mage, sorcerer, shapeshifter, architect, siege engineer, merchant and scientist. And with vulnerable I mean that heroes with ranged attacks generally die after taking only 4-6 hits and heroes with melee attacks generally die after taking only 6-8 hits (and with hits I mean the damage you take from regular attacks from regular enemies. Bosses should be able to kill them in just 1-3 hits). And yes, even the weakest of enemies at the very beginning of the scenario should be able to kill that one guy that decides to take on two of them in 4-8 hits. This may sound pretty extreme, but palyers can always invest in improving their survivability by upgrading their health/armor or unlocking a damage mitigation ability so they can take up to 4 more hits. And then there's always the healers who can heal during the combat with their target-based AoE healing abilities. This might still be pretty insane for some players so I suppose this is something I would like to see from the hardest difficulty setting so the scenario remains noob-friendly.
Heroes abilities will be a lot more different for some of them (including an ability for the Brute, yes, the Brute will have a few godpowers lol ).
I really hope you'll give the tanks a Taunt ability and some damage mitigation abilities and healers target-based AoE healing abilities.
I think I'll try to get inspiration from Hero Build Fighter from Zenophobia, which I'm sure will make you happy.
I only mentioned that scenario because it's like the only scenario out there that actually has interesting abilities. It's not like I'll only be satsified if you copy and paste the abilities he uses, but I just hope the abilities will be roughly of the same quality or even better. Yes, take inspiration from his scenario and use your creativity to think of even better abilities.
Short cooldown = No. That's not my style sorry
Alright, if it's not your thing then don't do it. But I do think it would be crucial for the target-based healing abilities to have relatively low cooldowns (like 5 seconds). Unless you're not planning to add them. That would make me sad.
Enemy moves = Impossible due to the fact I have to disable enemy player.
You could have one extra enemy cpu player that doesn't own any units and when units need to move the units are converted to that player. So if we look at my example: "If someone gets near a group of enemy units and tries to lure them out one by one, the whole group is triggered to attack." You would create an army for that group for the disable cpu player. And once a hero gets near that army, convert the army to the extra cpu player and move the army towards that player. And if you want to have enemy units patrol a certain area, use this extra cpu player as well and keep sending movement commands every 1-5 seconds to move the units so that the cpu player can't interfere.
Any enemy can easily kill anyone if not a tank = have you really played Children of Memories ?
I've seen players who aren't a tank take on 4 units at the same time and succesfully kill them. This shouldn't be possible in the sequel (not even taking on 2 units should be possible).
I will make less enemies on the map and force the players to understand they MUST at least be with a team of 3 characters to survive.
Having lots of enemies on the map isn't my point of critique. If you think having less enemies would improve the gameplay then go for it, otherwise don't. And yes, players should only be able to take on a small group of enemies if they have at least one tank, one healer and one damage dealer (this is really the bare minimum).
This will make people think twice before making any move alone on the fog of war.
THIS is really important! It would be great if players experience the tense atmosphere and are afraid to explore the dangers that lie beyond the fog of war alone. And even if the players are together they are wary of the next encounter that may likely be their last if they aren't careful. This is why I love intense difficulty in (multiplayer) scenarios (or in any other game). It really enhances the gameplay (remember the immensely popular GLADIATOR / project clear fountain scenario? That scenario was so popular because people kept replaying it because it was very difficult to beat)! Disable the resurrection system for the hardest difficulty as well and you're set for one hell of a exciting game.

This also brings me to a question regarding the resurrection system. Does having a resurrection system mean you can't lose? I would like to see an in-game option to disable or enable it.

What are the key ingredients to make a popular RPG? To find out, read the results of the RPG survey.
Want to create an advanced patrol/pathfinding system? Have a look at the powerful Pathfinding triggers.
Games I'm playing: The Witness [80%] Chivalry: Medieval Warfare [20%]

[This message has been edited by Lewonas (edited 07-24-2015 @ 06:02 AM).]

posted 26 July 2015 02:08 PM EDT (US)     16 / 40  
Hey I didn't invent hardcore mode, wouldn't be fair to demand credit for it, so go nuts!

"I NED MOAR RANGE" Pubby8
posted 27 July 2015 02:37 PM EDT (US)     17 / 40  
@Tasterix Lag (usually), unless you have a crazy trigger, is because there are way too many units on the map. Yes all maps -can- lag given 'laggy' players, but some maps lag less than others.

Hi
posted 03 August 2015 07:24 AM EDT (US)     18 / 40  
Hey guys I have some problem with the cliff on the map and can't make the nottud's help for infinite cliff work. Does anyone here have any idea on how to fix that ? The cliff are actually a bit too large and i'm afraid it will enlarge after some editing. By the way, I may be able to fully work on it for the next month. Thank you

A project by Tasterix.
posted 03 August 2015 09:56 AM EDT (US)     19 / 40  
@Tasterix ah the infinite cliff bug
I had that bug in one of my maps and i didnt know what to do so I just started over since I was only 2 hours into it but i guess it's different for you
would like to know the answer to this as well

Hi
posted 04 August 2015 00:18 AM EDT (US)     20 / 40  
Oh yea, i loved children of memories, and im sure this one will be amazing. I dont know exactly how to fix that infinite cliff, but im sure i did it somehow long time ago. If i figure out how to do it again i'll tell you.

In case you want any help, i might be available sometimes.

Also, i made this trigger for my open world RPG, back before AOM suddenly stopped working on my PC for some reason. Its named "Army Deploy in Random Point Above Unit" and it does exactly that, but you can configure X and Y axis, including negatively.
posted 08 August 2015 06:54 PM EDT (US)     21 / 40  
Hi again, lol I'm a total noob, how do you unlock the camera so you can infinite zoom out ? I need it for eyecandy and final screenshot of the entiere map

A project by Tasterix.
posted 08 August 2015 07:01 PM EDT (US)     22 / 40  
Shift+Alt+C mon ami

𝓎𝑒𝓈, 𝒾 𝓁𝒾𝓀𝑒 𝓅𝑒𝓅𝑒
posted 08 August 2015 07:17 PM EDT (US)     23 / 40  
I'm using the Nottud Editor Superpack and there is a zoom button (a green glass I guess ?), that activate 3 options : Zoom in / Zoom out / Stop. I remember when I used to design maps I loved that tool cause I could have a large view of what I was doing concerning the eyecandy. But, now for some reasons it seems to not work on the EE and the camera just stays at the higher game zoom level. I remember I could zoom like 999x times and make my computer having a serious lag issues

Edit : Oh and by the way I'm sure you are curious to see more stuff about the map ? Here you are, I present you the peacefull village of Houdcity !

A project by Tasterix.

[This message has been edited by Tasterix (edited 08-09-2015 @ 09:12 AM).]

posted 09 August 2015 11:52 AM EDT (US)     24 / 40  
Ooh, fancy. A little warning about farms, although I don't know if it's been fixed or not: the Rain GP will persist if there are farms on the map, even if there are no settlements, and thus will also prevent other GP's from being usable. I'm not 100% sure if this has been fixed or not.

posted 10 August 2015 02:46 PM EDT (US)     25 / 40  
@ Zernophobia : Okay I'll watch closely this thing when I'll be on GP designing.

Okay everyone listen up !

I a highly interested in a auto-spawning creatures system that generate random apparitions of a certain type of enemies everywhere in a located area. I can't figure where it is and I guess this can be possible since I already seen that before. Anycone interested for triggering this and have an early access to the map ? Name will be credited, of course, as a co-creator of the map , remember, community thing etc ;

A project by Tasterix.
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Limb of Memories (CoM 2 showcase)
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames