You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Have a Question? Post it here!
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 36  Next Page »
posted 28 September 2015 03:38 PM EDT (US)   

Got a question? Need an answer?
Here is a list of common questions concerning AoM.

FAQ

Upon playtesting a scenario in the editor, I lose within the first five seconds!
Easy to fix. Simply click on the "Scenario" tab in the editor, click on "Scenario Data" and uncheck the check box next to "Use victory conditions". Alternatively, you can place a unit of yours somewhere on the map, then place an enemy unit somewhere else on the map as well.

How come it seems like some units are missing in the list of protounits on a trigger?
To find out the proto name of a unit, have it selected in the editor and click on the "Cinematics" tab, then click "View animations." For a shortcut, just select the unit and press Alt+A.

How do I make units larger or smaller?
This is for The Titans users only. To enlarge a unit, select it and hold "K" on your keyboard. To make the unit smaller, hold "Shift + K".

How can I change the stats (attack/health/etc.) for a unit?
Easy. If you're a Titans user you can find the two triggers called "Modify Protounit" and "Set Tech Status". If you're running regular AoM, you will only have "Set Tech Status" available. You can set unit attributes with both these triggers.

How can I make units regenerate health?
First create a new trigger. Check the Active and Loop boxes. Pull the Priority cursor all the way to the right. Create a new condition Is Alive, select and set your desired unit. Add a condition Timer with a value of 1. Finally, add a Damage Unit effect, select your desired unit again and set the value to -1.

How can I have over 300 population?
Use the Modify Protounit effect to make a protounit have a population cost of a very extremely high number, like 999999999.0 . Make sure that it is a protounit that you can't normally get in-game by yourself. Then just place two of them somewhere on the map, and they will make the population for that player go to a negative number, and be infinite.

My triggers have stopped working!
Using Run immediately, quotations in chats, linking camera tracks, sound timers and decimals in conditions like timer and distance to unit affect this. If you are unsure about what the source is, outline what you did, and we can help.

The computer players aren't acting like computer players should!
You need to set AI for them. In the editor, click the "Scenario" tab, then "Player Data". There will be a button all the way to the right of the player slot to set the AI. It is reccomended you choose one of the "default" ais such as aomdefaultai.xs for AoM Vanilla, or aomxdefaultai.xs for The Titans.

I've seen people do these crazy camera angles that I can't seem to figure out how to do! Help!
A common question. Your camera must be unlocked and working first. It should be already by default. If it's not, press "Shift + Alt + C" to unlock it. To change the pitch of the camera, press "A" and "Z" or "Ctrl + Up Arrow" and "Ctrl + Down Arrow" on your keyboard to go up and down.

How do I add sound and dialogs in a scenario?
Like the dialogs in the campaigns, you can use the trigger effect "Play Dialog" to display text while on Cinematic Mode. You can type a text, include a sound, and a small image (portrait) "Sound filename" is a similar trigger effect, but not the main one used.

How can I give units animations like they do in the campaigns?
Select the unit in the editor, click on the "Cinematics" tab, then click "View animations." In the "Type" tab, find and click "Cinematic". In the "Anim Path:" tab is a list of animations that you can view for sampling. When you find the one you want, you can use its name with the "Set animation" trigger effect and be able to use it in-game.

Practical Guides
Scenario Design Library Articles
Scenario Design Dictionary
Shuch_ya_mouf's Ultimate Trigger Guide
Paperfriend's List of Guides
Making Quality Scenarios: Triggers
Making Quality Scenarios: Eyecandy
Nottud's Guide to the transform trigger
Campaign Dialogue List

Thread credits: Paperfriend + Yeebaago0on (FAQ), Eurotool (design), CeaseDaFire (maintenance), Reach (OP) 

Out Reach
The guy who writes the erotic fan fiction in Yeebaagoon's signature

[This message has been edited by Out Reach (edited 01-22-2019 @ 10:12 AM).]

Replies:
posted 28 September 2015 03:45 PM EDT (US)     1 / 891  
It's really just the question thread, divine providence is for the LPW. Now if you actually posted in the question thread, it would be more appropriate.

And let's get rid of this atlantis crap.

Anybody can post ideas of what the new layout should look like, and if you're skilled enough in html and make one halfway decent, we'll use that.

[This message has been edited by CeaseDaFire (edited 09-28-2015 @ 03:49 PM).]

posted 28 September 2015 03:47 PM EDT (US)     2 / 891  
I can confirm that what you just said wasn't a question.

Behold my glorious question thread contributing powers.

Out Reach
posted 28 September 2015 03:49 PM EDT (US)     3 / 891  
Behold the glorious 10th question thread.

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
"You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
"Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph
posted 28 September 2015 03:51 PM EDT (US)     4 / 891  
Behold my glorious question thread contributing powers.
We'll see.

[This message has been edited by CeaseDaFire (edited 09-28-2015 @ 03:52 PM).]

posted 28 September 2015 03:52 PM EDT (US)     5 / 891  
I have already improved the theme as you requested.

Out Reach
posted 28 September 2015 04:02 PM EDT (US)     6 / 891  
Improved is subjective.

posted 28 September 2015 04:52 PM EDT (US)     7 / 891  
How do you turn off fog of war completely in a custom scenario? Just had a revelation... pick a unit and increase LOS to uber high levels with modify protounit... if there is a preferred way of solving this problem feel free to still answer. Bonus Question: Does Unit Teleport work online for buildings?

[This message has been edited by billy X (edited 09-28-2015 @ 05:05 PM).]

posted 28 September 2015 05:03 PM EDT (US)     8 / 891  
Render fog/blackmap trigger effect

But this is interesting because it doesn't count for triggers that rely on los to work. That's where using a Revealer unit and increasing its los to 9999 comes in.

posted 28 September 2015 05:16 PM EDT (US)     9 / 891  
Is there a way with triggers to control which variation of a unit comes up for example Male or Female Villagers or the pieces of Thor's Hammer. Also can I make a variation invisible and then make it visible again without changing it's variation? One idea I have is to use teleport unit but I need to know if it works online on buildings.

[This message has been edited by billy X (edited 09-28-2015 @ 05:18 PM).]

posted 28 September 2015 06:52 PM EDT (US)     10 / 891  
I have tried to unlock the camera but "shift+alt+c" still does not let me zoom out as far as I want.
posted 28 September 2015 08:37 PM EDT (US)     11 / 891  
Where can I get the best most up to date Editor? Nottud's editor is years old but he uploaded a new version for Extended Edition. Where is a link to the most up to date Editor Mod for AOM Titans? Or is the one on this site the newest? Also how do I write out the icon name when I want to send an icon in chat for example works fine, but if I try bella 32 I can't do it because of the space between bella and 32...

[This message has been edited by billy X (edited 09-28-2015 @ 10:45 PM).]

posted 29 September 2015 00:12 AM EDT (US)     12 / 891  
wow i went to shower and when i came back a new question thread appeared

[This message has been edited by Zenophobia (edited 02-29-2094 @ 10:60 AM).]
posted 29 September 2015 01:08 AM EDT (US)     13 / 891  
From Zeno, in the lpw:

"Lol wtf I went to shower and when I came back a new LPW appeared."

You're gonna have to shower alot less if you don't want to miss your wedding day.

posted 29 September 2015 01:35 PM EDT (US)     14 / 891  
I searched the forum for "zoom", can't seem to find a fix for my problem.

I would like to zoom out infinitely, and unlocking the camera still does not let me do this.

[This message has been edited by Rhinemonkey (edited 09-29-2015 @ 01:41 PM).]

posted 29 September 2015 03:22 PM EDT (US)     15 / 891  
go to the options menu and un-check the box that says 'locked camera' (or something along those lines)

posted 29 September 2015 04:38 PM EDT (US)     16 / 891  
Can you massively change the placed objects team with the editor or a modded editor?
posted 29 September 2015 06:51 PM EDT (US)     17 / 891  
I already had the unlock camera option selected, which makes it zoom out more but not infinitely.
posted 29 September 2015 09:01 PM EDT (US)     18 / 891  
How do you add color formatting to the predefinedchats.xml ???
posted 30 September 2015 07:28 AM EDT (US)     19 / 891  
RIP in Pepperonis old pizza question thread.

"I NED MOAR RANGE" Pubby8
posted 30 September 2015 04:27 PM EDT (US)     20 / 891  
I already had the unlock camera option selected, which makes it zoom out more but not infinitely.
then use the page up and page down buttons to increase the altitude of your camera, thus simulating zoom.

posted 30 September 2015 04:40 PM EDT (US)     21 / 891  
@billy
Is there a way with triggers to control which variation of a unit comes up for example Male or Female Villagers or the pieces of Thor's Hammer. Also can I make a variation invisible and then make it visible again without changing it's variation? One idea I have is to use teleport unit but I need to know if it works online on buildings.

No way to change variation i know of, and Teleport unit to unit is in one of the trigger packs on the site and the only way teleport works online.

Where can I get the best most up to date Editor? Nottud's editor is years old but he uploaded a new version for Extended Edition. Where is a link to the most up to date Editor Mod for AOM Titans? Or is the one on this site the newest? Also how do I write out the icon name when I want to send an icon in chat for example works fine, but if I try bella 32 I can't do it because of the space between bella and 32...

I like new x editor 3 on AoMH

Can you massively change the placed objects team with the editor or a modded editor?

Placed objects team?

How do you add color formatting to the predefinedchats.xml ???

I know they did it here: http://www.rts-sanctuary.com/The-Titans/download=28

@rhine
I believe there is a file you can edit called gamesettings2.bar in your startup folder of the main game folder (program files, microsoft games, AoM, might need to extract the file with AoMed) and you can change the camera max and min zoom. Doesn't work online though, and never will.

As far as unlocking the camera search for the words cameralimit in your game/x.con file, also in the startup folder. You should be able to find or create a hotkey. 0 is locked 1 is unlocked.

I know this is all extremely vague but I haven't had access to AoM in months and this is the best I can do atm.

Maybe someone can help me out explaining this and confirming? Anyone? Or am I the only one that knows how to do this...

Sorry this is all sloppy and huge. I did it on my phone and it's a pain in the ass.

[This message has been edited by CeaseDaFire (edited 09-30-2015 @ 06:32 PM).]

posted 30 September 2015 05:51 PM EDT (US)     22 / 891  
Ah thank you Zenophobia, I did not even think about that and it works perfectly.

Thank you for your help Zeno and CeaseDaFire, I appreciate the activity you guys still provide here.
posted 30 September 2015 06:51 PM EDT (US)     23 / 891  
Congrats on winning the question thread

castwcrt rip 2010-2010
posted 02 October 2015 09:31 PM EDT (US)     24 / 891  
As far as I am aware you can only change the player of units already placed by using triggers such as unit convert and change unit type. Once a unit is placed you can not change which players controls it in the editor before the game has started. It may be different for a modded editor such as nottuds.
posted 05 October 2015 08:47 AM EDT (US)     25 / 891  
Hey guys. I am making a Christmas video, but am torn between releasing it to YouTube in AOMX format or buying AOMEE and modifying the cinematic files there. Any suggestions? I know the EE has "better" graphics and a bigger screen for cinematics, but what do you think? Also, is the editor in EE about the same as in AOMX in terms of designing? Or are there improvements? Thanks in advance for your input. Here's a quick image:

« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 36  Next Page »
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Have a Question? Post it here!
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames