Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Ferguson Mansion [Scenario Showcase]
posted 20 April 2017 01:05 PM EDT (US)   

Click pics for trailer!

Dive into a world full of mysteries, solve beautiful puzzles and uncover the secrets of the Ferguson Mansion. A full cinematic scenario that took years to make, with many dialog choices and three different endings.

Useful tips:
->Look for pages, and don't forget to read them in your inventory.
->Playing on easy will grant a little visual help. Notes will have two glows instead of one, code chests will have an icon and 4 seconds cooldown instead of 10 and.
->If you get stuck, press the "=" key, but only if you get stuck!
->If you don't want to hear my cringy voice, delete the "dialog" sounds.

The musics used in this map belongs to their owners and stuff.

Youtube Channel
Skyrim... the greatest game ever... without considering Age of Mythology, of course!
Ctrl...Alt...Q...
and Brisingr-know these three things and your task here is accomplished...

[This message has been edited by nHawk (edited 04-21-2017 @ 01:08 AM).]

Replies:
posted 20 April 2017 05:40 PM EDT (US)     1 / 8  
I highly recommend everyone play this. It is an amazing scenario. Also, we get to hear Nickonhawk's girly scream.

[This message has been edited by Zenophobia (edited 02-29-2094 @ 10:60 AM).]
posted 21 April 2017 01:58 AM EDT (US)     2 / 8  
Can't, it's chinese x___x ... but the screenshots and video do look great.

Azarath Metrion Zinthos

Steam: Order of Azarath
Twitch: twitch.tv/orderofazarath
Discord: Azarath @ https://discord.gg/3ENKJeb

[This message has been edited by Izalith (edited 04-21-2017 @ 02:01 AM).]

posted 21 April 2017 02:21 AM EDT (US)     3 / 8  
Last time I tried to make a non-totd scenario, a couple of my sprites got converted to dirt and overgrown rocks and people without totd still couldn't play it. That map did not have any totd units on it before I published it. Thanks to a noble playtester I was able to identify and remove them.
I'm too lazy to start a big rant about this now, but I'm pretty sure that was intended, in order to force people to get totd.
On the bright side it doesn't cost that much.

Youtube Channel
Skyrim... the greatest game ever... without considering Age of Mythology, of course!
Ctrl...Alt...Q...
posted 21 April 2017 09:06 AM EDT (US)     4 / 8  
I have to beg to differ. I made a scenario with totd units and a friend who doesn't have the totd tried to start it up and he got that *message and couldn't play it. I simply removed the dlc stuff and it worked for him.

*The message told me exactly what units were part of the dlc. I also had no problems with my units changing.

Nothing like you mentioned was done on purpose. I'm going to work with this to see if I can help. What units changed to dirt and rocks?

[This message has been edited by That AoM Guy (edited 04-21-2017 @ 09:18 AM).]

posted 21 April 2017 10:05 AM EDT (US)     5 / 8  
There is someone complaining about a map made in 2011 which gets the same dlc-message:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/266840/discussions/0/135513901704680850/

Thus the sys is at least buggy.

I'm trying to get a refund on the Steam EE version, thus.. even with not chinese EE will still be a barrier X_X ...

The other way around all TT-Maps run on EE, right?

Azarath Metrion Zinthos

Steam: Order of Azarath
Twitch: twitch.tv/orderofazarath
Discord: Azarath @ https://discord.gg/3ENKJeb
posted 21 April 2017 11:53 AM EDT (US)     6 / 8  
i thought that it wouldn't do that unless you yourself owned chinese units. Isn't it fine if another player (say, gaia) has chinese units?

[This message has been edited by Zenophobia (edited 02-29-2094 @ 10:60 AM).]
posted 21 April 2017 12:34 PM EDT (US)     7 / 8  
On Buried Secrets, not this map. My playtester got that message and I removed the units, however I did not place them there. One sandstone changed to dirt and one granite changed to overgrown. I'm rather sure I would know if I placed them myself. They were among other of their kind, very hard to notice without someone telling me, so it seemed suspicious.

Youtube Channel
Ctrl...Alt...Q...
posted 21 April 2017 07:26 PM EDT (US)     8 / 8  
Oh, well,

Seems you've done it again. I've only been playing this for 20 minutes and am already blown away. I've run out of things to say about the quality of your creations. It just keeps getting better and better. I would buy people ToTD just so they could play this.

[This message has been edited by That AoM Guy (edited 04-21-2017 @ 07:27 PM).]

Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Ferguson Mansion [Scenario Showcase]
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames