loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Dragon Lance Mafia Game Thread - Endgame
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40  Next Page »
posted 22 July 2008 06:22 AM EDT (US)   
Dragon Lance Mafia

The Cult has won!

The Living:

6.Eaglehaslanded (eaglehaslanded11@hotmail.co.uk)

16.Hygraffo (halogod9200[at]hotmail[dot]com)

The Dead:

12.Arvedui (ash.win.13@hotmail.com)

(Dragon High lord, Kitiara Uth Matar - Mafia Alternate Assassin - Takhisis's loyalists)

19.Friend of Old (friend_of_old@hotmail.co.uk)

(Astinus the lorekeeper - Bus Driver - Town)

20.Rotaretilbo (brebuga4@gmail.com)

(Fistandantilus - Necromancer/Cult leader - Army of Fistandantilus)

9.Shanks13 (mastamind_130@yahoo.com)

(Dragon Highlord, Ariakan - Mafia Investigator - Knights of Takhisis)

15.Jackpb (j.pb@hotmail.co.uk)

(Tasslehoff Burrfoot the kender - Thief - Town)

18.Son_of_the_King (adamcoldrick(at)hotmail(dot)com)

(Caramon Majere - Bodyguard - Town)

1.Yeebaagooon (Yeebaagooon(at)hotmail(dot)co(dot)uk)

(Duulket Ariakas - Mafia Ghost Godfather 50% immunity to roleblocks - Knights of Takhisis)

7.Santos I (santostheengineer@gmail.com)

(Bupu the gully dwarf - Shaman/Witchdoctor - Town)

8.Shraze (Shraze@yahoo.com)

(Kaz the minotaur - Faith vigilante - Town)

17.Cheesewiz (cheesewiz(at)heavengames(dot)com)

(Raistlin Majere - Pseudo Cult Investigator - Army of Fistandantilus)

2.ninjapenguin (super_monkey_man@hotmail.co.uk)

(Riverwind, blessed one of Mishakal - Roleblocker - Town)

10.Phaethon180 (phaethon130@yahoo.com)

(Mina, Leader of the undead host of Neraka, servant of Takhisis, Mafia Ghost Godfather with 50% immunity to roleblocks, Cult convert - Takhisis's loyalists/ Army of Fistandantilus)

11.TartarianCerberus (tartariancerberus@gmail.com)

(Lord Gilthas of the exiled elves of Silvanesti - Roleblocker - town)

5.Crusader Knight (crueknight@inbox.com)

(Huma Dragonbane - Legendary bane of Takhisis - Full Vigilante/ Cult Convert - Army of Fistandantilus)

13.Julius999 (julius749[at]yahoo.co.uk)

(Goldmoon, holy cleric of Mishakal - Cop - town)

3.Survivor Fo (Joe_Surv[at]hotmail[dot]com)

(Kingpriest of Istar - Governor - town)

14.DragonQ (dragonq0105@gmail.com)

(Tika Waylan - Cop/ Cult Convert - Army of Fistandantilus)

21.PurpleWorm (purpleworm1@gmail.com)

(Flint Fireforge - Item Giver/ Cult Convert - Army of Fistandantilus)

4.Nacht Jager (tortugo_de_fuego(at)yahoo(dot)com)

(Lord Soth the Death Knight - SK)

The Reserves:

1. TBK (tbk145[at]gmail[dot]com)

Rules:

• No mods are allowed to view my edit history (in this game)

• Do not edit your posts - double post if necessary. Once is fine, though a mod will be asked to read your edit history. but if it happens multiple times, you may be mod-killed.

• Do not reveal any information after your character has died.

• Do not quote from your role email.

• This game is closed communication - talk within this thread only, unless your role specifically states otherwise.

• No talking/strategizing during the night, unless your role specifically states otherwise.

• Follow HG's CoC.

• During the day, players can vote to lynch. To cast your vote type Vote: Name. Be sure to bold it!

• If you change your vote, type Unvote: Name before your new vote.

• Thou shalt adhere to the above or face the pain of Death.

My email is theexeter@gmail.com

The Wanderer hast spoken...

The soul now burns, these thoughts I churn.
To never have a brief sojourn.
Oh maiden Death! Please hear my plea!
Allieviate, my malady.
Engulf me now, to you I bow.
Embrace me now, your tears, my vow.

[This message has been edited by The Wanderer (edited 09-02-2008 @ 05:23 AM).]

Replies:
posted 22 July 2008 06:34 AM EDT (US)     1 / 987  
It waits, as it ever does,
In the Shadows, of this dreaded pass.
A new day dawns, this realm of Man,
Embrace the light, ye who be wan.
Discuss that which ye minds shalt speak,
Under the gaze of the sun, now weak.
For tis not long til the deed be done,
Dire as it is until the battle's won.

It is now Day 1.

There are 21 of you. So it is 11 to lynch.

He who forsaw the coming of doom hast spoken...

The soul now burns, these thoughts I churn.
To never have a brief sojourn.
Oh maiden Death! Please hear my plea!
Allieviate, my malady.
Engulf me now, to you I bow.
Embrace me now, your tears, my vow.
posted 22 July 2008 09:00 AM EDT (US)     2 / 987  
So we're starting at day? I wasn't expecting that, but I suppose it gives us a slight advantage. How do you guys here normally start off your games? Random voting?

[ All_That_Glitters | Pretty_Town_Contest | Other_AoK_Designs | AoE_Designs ]
Member of Stormwind Studios
posted 22 July 2008 11:05 AM EDT (US)     3 / 987  
Pretty much, until somebody does something suspicious or stops posting.

HH - AoMH

Total Forge projects completed: 82 (includes screenshots, game variants, and map variants)
Current Forge project: A secret!
posted 22 July 2008 12:03 PM EDT (US)     4 / 987  
We just need to get people posting so we can hopefully find something someone said to go on. We'll hopefully eventually be able to beat on a person enough to get some info or force them into some obligation.

The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses –
behind the lines,
in the gym,
and out there on the road,
long before I dance under those lights.
posted 22 July 2008 12:09 PM EDT (US)     5 / 987  
Day 1 starts are quite annoying. We have nothing to work on so we can either go for pressuring people to see reactions and hope to find scum, or we can go for a no lynch outright and go to Night 1. If we go for the no lynch, it'll be just like starting on Night 0, but we basically wasted this day. So, without further waiting.

Random Vote: Rot

Cause I don't trust him.

"Arvy is randomly full of win." - Skarr
|
"I don't watch cartoons, those are for third class people." - Arvy
"Yeah, children, those third class people." - Sails
And because I bet Blatant he wouldn't be orange in two days and lost... HEIL BLATANT!
posted 22 July 2008 12:13 PM EDT (US)     6 / 987  
But since there's (probably) more town than scum isn't it to our disadvantage to randomly lynch someone? We don't know what custom roles there are.

.^/¯/        Eaglehaslanded
  \  /~   
  ///      You, sir, are a wench - Scud
 '' ''     You, Sir, are a wrench - Reach
posted 22 July 2008 12:48 PM EDT (US)     7 / 987  
Right, we don't want to random lynch nessecarally, but we do want to apply pressure to someone, in hopes that they will say something screwy and give away some incriminating evidence.

As for the set up, does anyone know anything about Dragon Lance? What sort of game should we expect?

Ex-Seraph Cheesewiz - Former WICH Webmaster, AOE3H Webmaster, & RTWH Staff, HeavenGames LLC
World_in_Conflict_Heaven || Age_of_Empires_III_Heaven || Support_HeavenGames || The_Playpen || Do_The_Right_Thing
posted 22 July 2008 12:52 PM EDT (US)     8 / 987  
Seems like stock fantasy to me, plenty of crystal thingies and whatever of darkness and wars of whatsoever. So, we can expect plenty of custom roles with fancy names.

.^/¯/        Eaglehaslanded
  \  /~   
  ///      You, sir, are a wench - Scud
 '' ''     You, Sir, are a wrench - Reach
posted 22 July 2008 01:05 PM EDT (US)     9 / 987  
Day 1 starts are quite annoying. We have nothing to work on so we can either go for pressuring people to see reactions and hope to find scum, or we can go for a no lynch outright and go to Night 1. If we go for the no lynch, it'll be just like starting on Night 0, but we basically wasted this day.
I don't entirely agree. While random voting is an acceptable way of starting a game, it shouldn't be selecting a target at random, forcing them to claim and then lynch or not based on that. It should be looking for anomalous or scummy behaviour and then pushing for that person to claim.

Otherwise you end up with a random lynch (most likely town), maybe a few exposed townies and have learnt nothing. Watching how people act is the key.

It's not like we'd have anything to work on if there had already been a night (as far as catching scum goes). Unless our Cop felt like outing themselves or something.

posted 22 July 2008 01:07 PM EDT (US)     10 / 987  
Oh yes, and if we're expecting people to break down and give themselves away, we're wasting our time going after experienced players. Rot is experienced.

posted 22 July 2008 01:36 PM EDT (US)     11 / 987  
Julius has a point, best not to waste time on well versed scum players. Using myself in The Road Mafia as a case study, roleclaims were next to useless, and as scum I competely thwarted the attempt to probe me via behaviour, due to the fact that I have more than a few scum games under my belt. I know it seems arrogant, but that really is the best case study I have.

Now, I can't say I know anyone here that well, so I'll pick a soft, squidgey target.

Vote: Arvy

Doctor FoO
posted 22 July 2008 01:58 PM EDT (US)     12 / 987  
Rot's random voted all the time, I'll go for Arvy. Vote: Arvy

Nacht Jaeger - Ex AoEH Angel
posted 22 July 2008 02:08 PM EDT (US)     13 / 987  
Woah. Slow the hell down everyone! Now I understand why AoMH mafias are the newbie ones...

It is way too early to randomly lynch someone. Wait for more people to post and we can soon see who is active and inactive. An inactive townie is a bad townie. It will be better to file out the helpful and active from the bad and inactive.

Maybe Arvy is bad, yes, but we have nothing against him now. We can't really afford losing a valuable player like Rot yet.

As far as I can see, the only ones looking scummy are FoO, Nacht Jager, and Arvy. More so FoO and Nacht Jager because of the bandwagon approach on Arvy, who was the first one to suggest the random approach. My only disapproval was him picking a possibly valuable townie.
Julius has a point, best not to waste time on well versed scum players. Using myself in The Road Mafia as a case study, roleclaims were next to useless, and as scum I competely thwarted the attempt to probe me via behaviour, due to the fact that I have more than a few scum games under my belt. I know it seems arrogant, but that really is the best case study I have.
Remember that AoMH mafias are supposedly different from other, more common mafias, so I suggest a different approach, whatever that might be.

The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses –
behind the lines,
in the gym,
and out there on the road,
long before I dance under those lights.
posted 22 July 2008 02:16 PM EDT (US)     14 / 987  
It's 11 to lynch, two votes aren't a problem, and definitely aren't a bandwagon. Considering that these guys random vote all the time it doesn't count as scummy behaviour either.
An inactive townie is a bad townie. It will be better to file out the helpful and active from the bad and inactive.
Are you proposing a lurker hunt on Day 1, with the game less than 24 hours old? Besides, if we followed that philosophy the active scum would have a field day as we slaughtered inactive townies. Far better to look for scum, the inactives are the fall-back targets.
My only disapproval was him picking a possibly valuable townie.
Everyone is a possibly valuable townie. Should we all just sit tight and wait for night fall?
Remember that AoMH mafias are supposedly different from other, more common mafias, so I suggest a different approach, whatever that might be.
Why are they supposed to be different? I'm a bit out of the loop here.

posted 22 July 2008 02:45 PM EDT (US)     15 / 987  
Whoah Phaethon, whoah. This isn't scumminess, it's random voting. A lurker hunt on day one makes no sense. Besides, this is what we would do even if we had a night 0 start.

Nacht Jaeger - Ex AoEH Angel
posted 22 July 2008 02:54 PM EDT (US)     16 / 987  
Ah, it's nice to see the game is finally beginning.

Anyway, Nacht Jager is right. But we should not ignore the possibility that Arvy is something like a cop and has found scum already or something. Damn, it's always hard the first round. We need DragonQ!

MEPH
[Insert amazingly witty signature here.]

Me and Yeebaagooon's scenarios | Download The Corruptor
posted 22 July 2008 02:55 PM EDT (US)     17 / 987  
I don't entirely agree. While random voting is an acceptable way of starting a game, it shouldn't be selecting a target at random, forcing them to claim and then lynch or not based on that. It should be looking for anomalous or scummy behaviour and then pushing for that person to claim.
That's basically what I said. I said "pressuring people to see reactions and hope to find scum".
Oh yes, and if we're expecting people to break down and give themselves away, we're wasting our time going after experienced players. Rot is experienced.
We can see other players' reactions, though, to him.
Woah. Slow the hell down everyone! Now I understand why AoMH mafias are the newbie ones...
It is way too early to randomly lynch someone. Wait for more people to post and we can soon see who is active and inactive. An inactive townie is a bad townie. It will be better to file out the helpful and active from the bad and inactive.

Maybe Arvy is bad, yes, but we have nothing against him now. We can't really afford losing a valuable player like Rot yet.
But we're NOT lynching. We're pressuring to see behavior and reactions. We're not going to lynch anyone unless we find they're scum.

As for my plan to No Lynch, it would be just like starting on Night 0, which to me makes far more sense than a Day 1 start.

"Arvy is randomly full of win." - Skarr
|
"I don't watch cartoons, those are for third class people." - Arvy
"Yeah, children, those third class people." - Sails
And because I bet Blatant he wouldn't be orange in two days and lost... HEIL BLATANT!
posted 22 July 2008 03:01 PM EDT (US)     18 / 987  
Wait, Phaethon180 is right. Sorry, I misread the above.

MEPH

posted 22 July 2008 03:05 PM EDT (US)     19 / 987  
I've played Day start mafias before, and the starting theory is you bandwagon to pressure, hoping a scum will crack. However you analyse eveyone's reactions to the bandwagon, not just the person being wagoned.

I'm not sure where to chalk you up now Phaeth. Were I playing only with people I knew well I'd stick you on the scum side of the fence for attempting to inhibit discussion, and simply inviting serial lurkers to make token posts. A lurker hunt on Day 1 is pointless, it might as well be the same as random lynching, especially if they don't respond as responses are the key. However it would be possible to put it down to inexperience of this format, but both your tone and my cynicism make me put you in the scum camp for now.

I'm going to continie pressuiring Arvy, six votes should be enough. Naturally there's the risk of him being a power role, but there's aslo a chance of him being scum, that's the nature of the game.

Doctor FoO
posted 22 July 2008 03:06 PM EDT (US)     20 / 987  
That's basically what I said. I said "pressuring people to see reactions and hope to find scum".
I thought you were implying that only one person is in the hot seat (too many people play like that). Everyone is under suspicion until they are confirmed town, not just the person with votes against them. I may have misunderstood you though.
As for my plan to No Lynch, it would be just like starting on Night 0, which to me makes far more sense than a Day 1 start.
Explain how it is good for the town to give up a chance to lynch scum, or at the very least get a reading on a few people.

posted 22 July 2008 03:08 PM EDT (US)     21 / 987  
I'm going to continie pressuiring Arvy, six votes should be enough. Naturally there's the risk of him being a power role, but there's aslo a chance of him being scum, that's the nature of the game.
Wait, why? You've just said that Phaethon looks scummy. Why not start with him?

posted 22 July 2008 03:18 PM EDT (US)     22 / 987  
Well we're going to have to vote eventually. Other wise this day'll never end!

MEPH

posted 22 July 2008 03:19 PM EDT (US)     23 / 987  
Random votes are obviously a good move. Mainly to see how people squirm under pressure.

therefore,
Vote: Arvedui

I have chosen Arvy because firstly:
- I am informed he is less experienced and therefore more likely to make mistakes.

- Other people have voted for him, and we need to have reasonable amount of votes to apply pressure in order to get results.

"First, Jackpb isn't in the game. (Check the list of players in the main post). Thus, Night Actions targetting him/her will never come to fruition.", Dragon Lance Mafia.
posted 22 July 2008 03:30 PM EDT (US)     24 / 987  
Vote: Arvedui

I might as well vote for him too then, Jack. Why are we so crewel to n00bs?

MEPH

posted 22 July 2008 03:41 PM EDT (US)     25 / 987  
I am informed he is less experienced and therefore more likely to make mistakes.
I don't know the truth of this, I just know he hosts some of the best mafias

*sigh*

I was rather expecting a night to begin with... I dislike the randomness of starting on day, when there are likely to lots of custom roles and actions to analyze in a night post.

I still think random voting is a better choice than a no-lynch tonight, but we'll see.

« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40  Next Page »
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Halls of Valhalla » Dragon Lance Mafia Game Thread - Endgame
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames