Please login or register

Modding and Scripting
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Age of Persians...A new civ
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 6  Next Page »
posted 26 November 2006 01:33 PM EDT (US)   
Are you bored of the Atlanteans, Greeks, Egyptians, and Norse? Tiring of the same old villagers, same old chariots, same old implodes that just aren't that fun to watch anymore? Want to replace one of them with a new civilization? Well guess what...I DONT.

For the first time, a civ has been created that does not replace any other. The Persians are playable in the editor, and in random map as well. Also, all AIs function normally, even if they are Persians. The way to select Persians in random map is currently nearly perfect and finalized, and Magnum Pi is starting on the ai's. FOR SCREENIES CLICK HERE

Find the DemoHERE

Picture from the Tomb of Anubis Campaign, not part of the Persian Civilization

What to look forward too:

-Over ten new myth units, techs, and upgrades with new models and histories.

-12 new god powers

-buildings with new textures and models

-a new way to advance to the ages

-unique buildings never to be built by any
other civilization

-new ships, warriors, heroes, and more!

-Plus, with the Persian Civilization comes a campaign-The Tomb of Anubis.

Are you ready for the Persian? They will be arriving soon, and should be released in the near future.

Also, if Magnum Pi's way to make the civ work in random map just doesn't work, we will have to use my rougher way, and I will need an AI edior.

Catoblepas Myth Unit

Random Map Scripter Needed!

Check out all of the mods I made here

[This message has been edited by MythicRuler (edited 02-23-2007 @ 11:56 PM).]

Replies:
posted 26 November 2006 01:45 PM EDT (US)     1 / 132  
OH OH Im ready I am... but is there any way you guys could add ai, I hate downloading new maps and there being no AI so you need to get like 8 friends over with laptops just to play a game. I dont want to have the same thing happen if people make say, the Romans, Nubians, Chinese, Native Americans, Babylonians, Carthagians, etc and for there to be no AI. For example if your persians end up having some god power that lets say can kill a titan in 1 hit ( ) that would make them overpower the other civilizations although i am sure you have thought this through. The Norse tend to be heavy attackers and conquerors, the Greeks are economic can go anyway, Egyptians strong defense good economic and can be conquerors. The atlanteans are just weird and crazy. What will your the persians be? Nothing? BTW I will definately download but still if any1 can figure out a way to add ai it would be gr8888.
posted 26 November 2006 02:38 PM EDT (US)     2 / 132  
Wow! Looks awesome.
And, I'm excited to see how you will work in an entirely new civ without replacing any existing civs.

Everything sounds great except I'm just wondering about the textures. Are they all really dark like the units in the screenshot?

posted 26 November 2006 03:16 PM EDT (US)     3 / 132  
Is this a civilisation made only by using the Egyptians as base, or have you mixed in other civilisations as well?

Anyway, it looks very nice. Good luck

Sweet baby maizes!
posted 26 November 2006 03:36 PM EDT (US)     4 / 132  
@Cookie: There is a way to add AI, but the ai is not messed up at all with the Persians, the Persians just have to be human. I can't AI edit at all, but I could ask someone. The Persians are acually a slight combination of egyptians and Greeks. They are defenders and economical, and in later ages become conquerors with their powerful Mythic age Myth units.

@ Alex: The units in the screenie are not part of the persian civ, they are new units that come with it made especially for the campaign.

@bannanas: The egyptians are sort of the base, but Greek building style is mingled into the towncenter. The textures are all egyptian looking, except for the roofs.

posted 26 November 2006 04:03 PM EDT (US)     5 / 132  
col,so i'll have 60 god powers,35 minor gods(the 12 new ones,plus the ones we all know)
new strategies
(i'd like to see if their God powers would match up to my 2 favourites,bolt and implode)
posted 26 November 2006 06:36 PM EDT (US)     6 / 132  
It sounds spectacular.

I think FOG.

[This message has been edited by Villi (edited 11-26-2006 @ 06:36 PM).]

posted 26 November 2006 07:55 PM EDT (US)     7 / 132  

←←← ΜΣ†åιιîçα_ΓπΣåκ →→→
♪♫♪♪♫♪♪♫♪♪♫♪♪♫♪
~keeps the forums rockin'~
posted 26 November 2006 08:30 PM EDT (US)     8 / 132  
I hate downloading mods for 1 reason, and that is because it replaces existing units, techs, etc. etc. If this doesn't replace anything, then I'm gonna download as soon as it comes out.

Quote:

a civ has been created that does not replace any other

So does that mean, that every single unit, tech, god power, god etc. etc. is brand new and doesn't replace an existing?

(_̅_̅(̲̲̲̲̲̅̅̅̅̅̅(̅_̅_̲̅marij̲u̲̅an̲̅a̲̅̅_̅_̅_̅()
(is not as helluva drug as pepe)
posted 26 November 2006 08:47 PM EDT (US)     9 / 132  
will it work with multiplayer if both people have it?

←←← ΜΣ†åιιîçα_ΓπΣåκ →→→
♪♫♪♪♫♪♪♫♪♪♫♪♪♫♪
~keeps the forums rockin'~
posted 26 November 2006 09:01 PM EDT (US)     10 / 132  
Hey Myth do you have any more pics? And what are you going to do for the Titan? Also if you find the time to answer since I'd say your one of the best modders around is there a way to not let anyone research the titans.
posted 26 November 2006 11:14 PM EDT (US)     11 / 132  
@cookie: do you mean remove the ability to research titans for everyone, or make a tech that you can research that does that?

@Freaky: This modpack does not replace any units, techs, textures, or anything at all. I hated that, so I was determined to make something that didnt. Of course, it will replace your protox and techtreex files, but nothing inside them will be changed.

Also, I can't Ai edit for my life, so if anyone can please tell me as i could use the help.

[This message has been edited by MythicRuler (edited 11-26-2006 @ 11:56 PM).]

posted 27 November 2006 03:28 PM EDT (US)     12 / 132  
Either is cool myth.
posted 27 November 2006 03:52 PM EDT (US)     13 / 132  
Can't wait for this to come out, it looks awsome. Now that a new civ has come out that doesn't replace an existing one, tons of new opportunites have been opened up.

Show some more pics, like some of the units that can be created. Myth units esspecially.

(_̅_̅(̲̲̲̲̲̅̅̅̅̅̅(̅_̅_̲̅marij̲u̲̅an̲̅a̲̅̅_̅_̅_̅()
(is not as helluva drug as pepe)
posted 27 November 2006 07:02 PM EDT (US)     14 / 132  
Pics coming soon.

posted 28 November 2006 03:03 PM EDT (US)     15 / 132  
Hey Myth earlier you seemed like you knew a way to help me out with my "Titan" problem. Do you know a way. Plz answer in next post. Also when you post the pictures soon please have stats with the unit pics.
posted 28 November 2006 03:06 PM EDT (US)     16 / 132  
I would be happy to AI edit for you, MR, as I'm finally good enough at AIs to do nearly anything. But in order to do so effectively, I'd need copies of your proto and techtree data (other files such as models and icons, would be great for testing purposes, but technically aren't needed). But a few notices I should give:

1. AI editing for a whole new civilization is not quite an easy task. It will doubtlessly take a while (on the order of a few weeks at least). Also, depending on the complexity and innovation in your civ, it could take even longer.

2. A description of certain generalities and specifics you'd like the Persian AI to perform would be nice. As well as a description of any of it's special qualities.

If you were to do this with the Egyptians, for example, you might mention that Isis is an econ-oriented god, where Set is a militaristic one, and then include general descriptions such as the unorthodox building costs and construction rates, and the cheaper but weaker barrack units, along with the Pharoah and preists attributes, etc. Describing the Persians like this, except in far greater detail, would be great. Although it still is no substitute for the proto/techtree data.

@Cookie555: I have understood you correctly, you only want to disable the Titan/Titan Age/Titan Gate altogether in an RM game. If so, open up your techtreex.xml that should be in your data folder (delete the XMB version) and type "Secrets of the in your "find" box which can be found under the "Edit" menu, then press find next until you come to

<tech name="Secrets of the Titans" type="Normal">
and then under that by a few lines, you should see the word, in caps, OBTAINABLE. Change it to UNOBTAINABLE, save the changes and then you are done and will not be able to get Secrets of the Titans anymore.

[This message has been edited by Magnum Pi (edited 11-28-2006 @ 03:12 PM).]

posted 28 November 2006 05:49 PM EDT (US)     17 / 132  
@Magnum:Great! I didn't know you could ai edit. Acually, all that is important is just the researching of one tech. I will talk to you on PDS

@Cookie: About the titan thing, if you want to remove it completely, just delete the secrets of the titans tech.

posted 29 November 2006 01:10 AM EDT (US)     18 / 132  
Bob'll help code/low-res texture if you still need it. Whats progress like?
posted 29 November 2006 05:21 PM EDT (US)     19 / 132  
lol Magnum you sort of spelt it out and made me feel stupid but none the less thanks a lot. Finally no more Titans.
posted 29 November 2006 06:01 PM EDT (US)     20 / 132  
All building textures done
Myth units and all but two of human soldiers done
Several techs and gps done
dock, ships, and dock upgrades all done
houses, drop site, temple, tc, all done, various models/textures done

A screenie of the Bahamut (sea mu) and Akvan (land mu) will be seen soon.

posted 29 November 2006 09:04 PM EDT (US)     21 / 132  
@MR: That's good. Yes I can AI edit now , but are you sure all you want the Persians to do is research one tech? For being a whole civilization, I would have expected a lot more.

Would you like thier to be specific things that each of the major gods should do? Is there certain units you'd like the player to favor? Unique features about your civilization that would need survalence (sp?) ? Any new unique military or economic functions that you think an existing AI player (and hence, the existing AI itself) would not build/manage effectively? I'd like to hear your responses which you can post either here, on the PDS forums (for extra security), or via email (should be publicised).

@Cookie: If you're new to technology modding, or especially modding as a whole, then there's little need to feel stupid. Glad I could help out .

posted 30 November 2006 11:58 AM EDT (US)     22 / 132  
You wanted to use my Fire Priest mod in this campaing, Mythic, didnt you

I am the other brother of Richard the lion hearted, not really
I fight for my nation in dreamland, in reality I dont fight for my nation
I live in the modern world, I dont live in the past
All of the above was said by Henry The Lion
posted 30 November 2006 06:43 PM EDT (US)     23 / 132  
i did henry but i realized i didnt need it any more and i used a different one

And Magnum yes you could AI edit the whole thing, i will talk to you about that soon, but first i have a problem i need to find out. )fixing my scrathy random map version to satisfying~!

NEW SCREEN OF THE Catoblepas MYTH UNIT!!!

Better screens to come

[This message has been edited by MythicRuler (edited 11-30-2006 @ 11:09 PM).]

posted 01 December 2006 02:00 AM EDT (US)     24 / 132  
WTF that thing looks so weird I cant wait till this mod comes out.

+|MW|BaxteR|+
[My|Projects]
[Destruction 1%]
[Gamer|Programmer|Destoyer of World's]
posted 01 December 2006 04:30 AM EDT (US)     25 / 132  
Catoblepas

A beast with a head so heavy it can only look down
General Attributes
The catoblepas is a four-legged bull-like creature with a very large and heavy head. Because of the weight of its head it can only look down (catoblepas is Greek for "that which looks downward). It has a long mane that hangs over its eyes, which are red and bloodshot. If the beast were ever to look up it would be deadly, because anyone who looks into its eyes will die immediately. It also has a foul and dangerous breath from eating poisonous plants.

Sources (chronological order)

Pliny the Elder [1st century CE] (Natural History, Book 8, 32): The catoblepas lives near a spring in western Ethiopia, which some think to be the source of the Nile. It is of moderate size but has a very heavy head which it carries with difficulty, so that its head is always hanging down. Its eyes are deadly and anyone who sees them dies instantly.

Catoblepas
(thing) by Eos (2.2 y) (print) ? Sun Jun 16 2002 at 20:44:55

The Catoblepas is a large mythological beast, supposedly living in Ethiopia. It is described as a sluggish beast, having the body of a black buffalo, and a long, thin neck similar to a length of intestine. At the end of this neck is the head of a hog, but far too large for the neck to support. As a result, the Catoblepas usually droops its head. In fact, Catoblepas is greek for "that which looks downward". Its head is hidden by mane of stiff bristles, and its body is covered in scales hard as iron.
The catoblepas is a fairly peaceable beast, prefering solitude over confrontation. It will defend itself if attacked however. Its diet of poisonous plants allows it to exhale a cloud of noxious vapors, and its gaze causes instant death.

The Catoblepas is often placed in the group of mythological beasts known as Gorgons. The Catoblepas may have been inspired by foreigners seeing a gnu for the first time, as the gnu's head is usually drooped.

WhyHowOwlsRootElves
DeuschtlanderAPig

[This message has been edited by gadunz (edited 12-04-2006 @ 05:49 PM).]

« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 6  Next Page »
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Modding and Scripting » Age of Persians...A new civ
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames