You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Modding and Scripting
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: How do you install a mod to age of mythology?
posted 18 July 2009 01:27 AM EDT (US)   
Hey, i've downloaded a mod for aom (age of mythology), the mod i downloaded was a unit,but anyways when i open the file it has no readme and i ave no idea how to install it to the game. btw i do have winar and/or rar. thanks in advance.
Replies:
posted 18 July 2009 02:29 AM EDT (US)     1 / 1  
First of all, if any of the files are already in folders (for instance, if you see a .ddt file in a "textures" subfolder within the .ZIP), put the file in the matching folder in your "Age of Mythology" folder within Program Files.

If not:

1. Put any TXT file that contains the word "anim" in the "animations" folder.

2. Put any .ddt file that doesn't contain the word "icon" in the "textures" folder.

3. Put any .ddt file that DOES contain the word "icon" in the "textures/icons" folder.

4. Put any .WAV. or .MP3 file in the "sounds" folder.

5. Put any XML file that contains the word "snds" in its title in the "sounds folder.

6. Put any "protox.xml" or "proto.xml" file in the "data" folder.

7. Put any .brg file that doesn't contain the word "low" in the "models" folder.

8. Put any .brg file that DOES contain the word "low" in the "models/low" folder.

9. Bitch-slap the guy that uploaded the mod for making you do all this work!

That should be about it. Let me know if you have any problems/file types I forgot!

_/o___
_(__\____
AGE OF MYTHOLOGY'S THIRD UNMODDED FULL CAMPAIGN __\^^\)___ AGE OF MYTHOLOGY'S THIRD UNMODDED FULL CAMPAIGN
__"\_____
"This is shaping up to be the best campaign on AoM heaven" ____(_\___
"This is shaping up to be the best campaign on AoM heaven"

[This message has been edited by Silicone Ruff Jr (edited 07-18-2009 @ 02:30 AM).]

Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Modding and Scripting » How do you install a mod to age of mythology?
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames