You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Expansion Pack Discussion

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Changes to Eggies in X-Pack
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 27 September 2003 09:51 PM EDT (US)   
Umm yeah.. yay. All values taken from aomh tables which look a bit screwed

Anubites take up 1 less pop slot.
Upgrade to Guardian anubite costs 5 less favour, 50 less gold.
Necropolis ( faster favour ) is 5 favour less, 70 gold less.
Scarabs cost 2 favour less, gain 20hp.
Siege towers lose 50hp.
Elephants gain +10% hack armour.
Spears on The Horizon + 5 favour.
Hieracosphinx upgrade costs 200 wood less. ( if it's still 400.. think it's being changed in a patch )
Eclipse gives you extra hack armour and more hack attack then 50%.
Prosperity lasts 50 seconds, not a minute.
Mummies cost 10 favour less.
Atef Crown for mummies cost 5 favour less.
Sphinx costs 2 faovur less.
Scorpionmen costs 3 favour less.
Funeral Rites cost 1 favour less.
Wadjet loses 5% pierce armour, gains 5% hack armour.
Petsuchos costs 5 favour less.
Upgrade to Petsuchos Ra costs 10 favour less.
Petsuchos gains 5 hack attack, 10% pierce armour, -5% hack armour.
Seems like priest empowering for Ra is 15%. Got +1 extra resource, then +2
Ra's chariots/camels +20% hp.. unsure bout speed
+100 food cost of TC's.
Docks fire arrows when fishing ships inside.

Btw... you get your myth unit for the God you chose free of charge at age of advance.. same with all civs. And yes, that means BOTH mu's on land AND sea....(fh on water and get lethiation for all you sick sick people ).

If you have any specific queries about a unit or god, plz ask and I'll check it out.

[This message has been edited by Pipalonias (edited 09-29-2003 @ 06:18 AM).]

Replies:
posted 27 September 2003 10:16 PM EDT (US)     1 / 52  
Midgol units and mus (especially the laser gator) seem to get a nice upgrade by the looks of it. A and E will be even more powerful as well, unless Ancestors got nerfed.

Everyone got AIDS and shit
posted 27 September 2003 10:22 PM EDT (US)     2 / 52  
I like a lot of these changes, especially to the Midgol Units and the Mummy change.

Thanks Pip,

Zone Name= DeaconRien
Founding Father of the Deacon Empire

"I am the Dragon, before me you tremble"
-Francis Dolarhyde (Red Dragon 2002)

posted 27 September 2003 11:19 PM EDT (US)     3 / 52  
The cost of Hieracosphinx was reduced a while ago

Vigilance_ca
It's all about vigilance
Humans are both the smartest and dumbest organisms on the planet
posted 28 September 2003 00:36 AM EDT (US)     4 / 52  
Did they fix the bugged Bast techs?
posted 28 September 2003 00:48 AM EDT (US)     5 / 52  
concerns hopefully addressed in the patch then:

-migdol upgrades cheaper
-bast techs fixed
-ancestors toned down a bit
-ra getting more help than a cheaper petsuchos

otherwise these look like great changes to eggy

fh

posted 28 September 2003 01:05 AM EDT (US)     6 / 52  
i dunno...12 Hp is. is that an extra 10%?
i would have liked to see better priest empowerment for ra..but i guess you cant do an midgol unit updrade AND priest emprovments....oh well (or i can be hopefull and think that he just forgot to type "ra's priests get +5% empowerment"
overall i like it...cheaper MU is a great idea.
posted 28 September 2003 01:06 AM EDT (US)     7 / 52  
Pip: Soccy actually updated the AoMH tables recently. They're accurate now, afaik.

Quote:

Camels gain 12 hp and 1 hack attack
Chariot archers gain 9hp.
Elephants gain +10% hack, +1 hack attack and 45hp.

Are you sure of this one? Migdol units already have +10% to attack and HP on their base stats from the start of the game. It's because ES thought it would be simpler to give them an invisible medium upgrade.

So...what I mean is if you saw in game that they each had 10% more HP and attack over the stats in the tables at AoMH, they already have that in AoM. It wouldn't be a change.

Just want to be sure of this one cos Migdol units really need that boost.

TheShædøwDåwn
If you're like me, then it's possible you're a clone generated from my stolen DNA. I suggest you turn yourself in for destruction immediately.
posted 28 September 2003 01:52 AM EDT (US)     8 / 52  
Sorry my bad, yep the 10% is already added, aomh tables confused me a little

So looks like only the elephant benefits with the +10% hack. Ra's camels/chariot archers seem to get a 20% increase in hp.. quite a lot.. AND +5% increase in empowering... crap scouting though..

So fh... Ra is better, migdol upgrades aren't cheaper, not going to try bast techs as that's too much work and

Ancesors have 140hp, 10 hack attack, 34% hack armour, 40% pierce armour... not sure whether it's decreased or not..
Eclipse increases their hack attack now though.

[This message has been edited by Pipalonias (edited 09-28-2003 @ 02:04 AM).]

posted 28 September 2003 02:18 AM EDT (US)     9 / 52  
Okay, great stuff. Can't wait to see greek changes.

TheShædøwDåwn
If you're like me, then it's possible you're a clone generated from my stolen DNA. I suggest you turn yourself in for destruction immediately.
posted 28 September 2003 02:28 AM EDT (US)     10 / 52  
They'll be happy on water... but on land it looks like es is doing something wierd. :S
posted 28 September 2003 03:18 AM EDT (US)     11 / 52  
wow. those anubited r going to own now
posted 28 September 2003 05:25 AM EDT (US)     12 / 52  
Excellent changes to the Egyptians

Although, does anyone know if Locust Swarm has been changed?

And my guess is the reason they're making Anubis better is to stop people going Ancestors+Eclipse ALL the time. Saying that, they did improve Eclipse and Sphinxes....
But they also improved Hathor too (apart from Locust Swarm ^^), so hopefully we'll see more Anubis+Hathor.

ESO user name - ChimeraArtemis
Rating - 1662
Favourite Major Gods - Isis, Gaia, Hades, Loki

Creator of the Egyptian Myth Unit Guides - Phoenix, Wadjet, Scorpion Man, Scarab
And the Atlantean Myth Unit Guides: Stymphalian Bird, Satyr, Lampades Heka-Gigantes, Man O'War

posted 28 September 2003 08:34 AM EDT (US)     13 / 52  
anubites food pop reduced to 2 i guess was made to counter leto's automatons wich cost 2 pop too and can repair/rebuild themselfs :\

But since prometheans cost 3 food and trolls cost 3 food why would ESO not decrease sphynx food down to 3 ?

posted 28 September 2003 11:06 AM EDT (US)     14 / 52  
this can't be true...

All of Nephthys is being made better... OMG
- Cheaper MU
- Cheaper Tech
- GP gets stronger (Eclpise is adding more attack and more armor to them)

Anubis is also being beefed up:
- Cheaper MU
- Cheaper Techs

And Elephants (which are only really good after taking Thoth) were made better

NONE of this affects Ra...

His changes are:
- Scarabs cost 2 favour less, gain 20hp (Scarabs suck anywayz... cost more pop and have less attack then ST)
- ST lose 50hp (this affects all eggies,, but Ra has a hard time taking down building anyway)
- Wadjet loses 5% pierce armour, gains 5% hack armour (are they being made better or worse? Wadjets will still suck)
- Empowering, Camels&CA (finally they are giving him his OLD boni back)

Seings that all the changes to Bast, Hathor&Osiris affect Isis as well,, he is now TRULY just a weaker form of Isis. 5/6 of Isis' gods were beefed up a great lot. She is the true winner of this XPac

Ra still has the WORST scouting in the game. He still has NO water-boni whatsoever (even Hades now has cheaper docks)

Tomorrow i'll wake up and find that this was only a badBADbadbadBAD dream... or so i hope

Also maybe some good changes will happen in 1.07

posted 28 September 2003 11:20 AM EDT (US)     15 / 52  
Some of you are complaining about the beefing up of the Egyptians. Must I remind you all that we were told that this would happen months ago?

//////////////-Halus-Cryxibus-\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
**********--Halo-Cryxos--**********
*######################*
*######################*
*######################*
posted 28 September 2003 11:28 AM EDT (US)     16 / 52  

Quote:

NONE of this affects Ra...

I'm pretty sure Ra got most of his old bonuses back.

posted 28 September 2003 11:28 AM EDT (US)     17 / 52  
DeaconEire, you seem to be forgetting a few things:

Scarabs are the BEST siege in the game (see my guide to them) and making them cheaper is not a bad thing.
Ra can make elephants too, without Thoth...
Ra can choose Bast aswell which means he can also have:
Cheaper Sphinxes
Better GP
Ra can also choose Hathor, now improved, giving him:
Cheaper Petsuchos
Stronger Petsuchos
Maybe better GP
And his empowering and camel improvements are GREAT.

Now I'm not saying Ra will be stronger than Isis, because we just don't know. But Ra has been beefed up in the XPac, whatever you say - just look at the improvements again.

Rating - 1662

Creator of the Egyptian Myth Unit Guides - Phoenix, Wadjet, Scorpion Man, Scarab
And the Atlantean Myth Unit Guides: Stymphalian Bird, Satyr, Lampades Heka-Gigantes, Man O'War

posted 28 September 2003 11:59 AM EDT (US)     18 / 52  
Granted,, he is being made better,, but still he is only a "Mini-Isis"

-Scarabs are the BEST siege in the game (see my guide to them) and making them cheaper is not a bad thing

It's never a bad thing making something cheaper,, but what they need is a lower pop-cost. I might be forgetting some of their stats (i never use/see any being used ),, so i'll read your guide again.

-Ra can make elephants too, without Thoth...

okay,, he can,, but so can an Isis and once mythic an Isis will have a big advantage over Ra again (due to her minor- godpath)

-Ra can choose Bast aswell which means he can also have:
Cheaper Sphinxes
Better GP
Ra can also choose Hathor, now improved, giving him:
Cheaper Petsuchos
Stronger Petsuchos
Maybe better GP

empasize on the also!! In an Isis vs Ra,, Ra has no advantage over Isis (and should Isis choose Nephthys,, she'll get an extra advantage out of Bast - the already uber Ancestors-Eclips combo,, which was also made better)

-And his empowering and camel improvements are GREAT

that's the only good piece of news

but he is still only a mere shadow of his 1.01 self

I think Isis will be the new Set (),, in terms of being overpowered (okay lets not start one of the "overpowered threads" already)

posted 28 September 2003 12:03 PM EDT (US)     19 / 52  
Jeez, I hope Isis isn't the next Set. But apart from Ancestors+Eclipse, I don't see how it's going to happen. Sure, she's stronger than Ra, but will she be too strong?

I don't think so - Set had his horribly strong, uncounterable animals and evil map control, which is why he was overpowered. Isis only has Ancestors+Eclipse that makes her extremely strong.

I pray (to Isis/ES ) that Isis will not be the next Set, because she's my Goddess!

Rating - 1662

posted 28 September 2003 12:22 PM EDT (US)     20 / 52  
I thought Isis would be the next Set before the changes. Now I KNOW she will be the next Set.

An un-counterable GP Combo that will cripple your enemy (Ancestors+Eclipse), which has only been made better.

The ability to be immune to even the most destructive GP's (Monuments).

The ability to get stronger for cheaper (cheaper techs). Also lets her get to Heroic faster for the Ancestors+Eclipse combo.

The ability to get a huge, cheap army (+3 TC population, cheap units only costing 2 Pop slots)ancestors+Eclipse+a pop max army=Victory.

A soon to be uber Classical Myth unit (Sphinx) that only costs 120 food, 18 favour, and has two upgrades which make it have an extra 50 HP, 40% Hack damage, 100% Crush Damage, 20% Speed for only a total of 350 wood (which Eggies don't need) and 25 favour. That will give the sphinx these stats:

Cost: 120 Food 18 Favour
Population: 4
350 HP
10 Crush Damage
15.75 Hack Damage
Hack Armor: 45%
Pierce Armor: 60%
Crush Armor: 80%
Speed: 6.36
Line of sight: 22 meters
Training time: 17 seconds

Does all that sound balanced to you?

The artist formerly known as Zeusinator

AOM Name: AoT_Lonestar

Clan: Avengers of Time

posted 28 September 2003 12:29 PM EDT (US)     21 / 52  
Ra will not be a mini Isis, grrr

Here's why:

1.- Ra will get stronger Camels, even if Isis takes Osiris & Ra takes Osiris.

2.- Ra will get stronger Chariot Archers, with an option to go Sekmhet for a +4 range.

3.- Ra can go ptah/sekmhet/horus for amazing barrack units.

4.- Ra priest empowering has come back to respectable rates. Meaning he can compete with Isis's cheaper upgrades

5.- Ra can build faster than Isis.

6.- He can use eclipse+rain to block Isis's combo long enough to destroy her.

Ra's back in the game, & he's no Isis

ESO: TheWiseDux, TheSmartDux, TheDux

Gnothi Seauton

posted 28 September 2003 12:40 PM EDT (US)     22 / 52  
I think the gator upgrade will mainly benefit Ra. Neither Isis nor Set go Hathor regularly. Petsuchos OWN eggie in a eggie vs. eggie matchup. Now they are cheaper and even more powerful. I think it will benefit Ra.

The biggest improvement to Ra is the 15% empowering. That will give him an excellent economy which should allow Ra to outproduce Isis in human units which are better anyway (Myth techs he has access too which Isis does not).

He doesn't need to be the most powerful, just enough to give him more than a 3% following.

AOM:TT Nick:CADENtheCRUEL, CADENtheBLUE
Rating: Isis 1750, Ra 1700
"Ancestors last for a minute, but Crocs last forever..."
posted 28 September 2003 01:04 PM EDT (US)     23 / 52  
I'm with Caden on this one.

I say Ra HAS been improved quite a bit. Sure his scouting may still suck, but his economy should be the best in the game (after Gaia).

If not, then ES still have work to do, because Ra is an economic God, who just happens to have strong camels .

Rating - 1662

posted 28 September 2003 03:05 PM EDT (US)     24 / 52  

Quote:

Scarabs are the BEST siege in the game (see my guide to them) and making them cheaper is not a bad thing.

scarabs are the worst sige in the game, siege towers are so much better; X-Pac might change that, though.

On the topic, I like all the changes. Looks like Ra is getting a pretty good boost, XPac is gonna rock.

posted 28 September 2003 03:11 PM EDT (US)     25 / 52  

Quote:

scarabs are the worst sige in the game, siege towers are so much better; X-Pac might change that, though.

*sigh*

Read the Scarab guide or do some tests before you say stuff like this. They really are the best siege in the game.

Not that'd I'd expect an "expert" like yourself to ever use MUs or know things about them....

Rating - 1662

posted 28 September 2003 03:38 PM EDT (US)     26 / 52  

Quote:

Read the Scarab guide or do some tests before you say stuff like this. They really are the best siege in the game.

Mr. Sigh, I did read your "guide", and it was full of strange and useless information, and it didn't have some of the most important info:

1. Favor is the most expensive resource, and food is the most valuable. Scarab costs 300 food, and umm.. 20 favor I think. You'll be spending the favor on the techs, and there's no way you're going to have 300 food lieing around in your coffers in Heroic.

2. Heroes rip apart Scarabs. No time at all, and everybody will always have heroes.

3. Siege towers take wood and gold, the two most easiest res to collect; siege towers are easily massed, and they don't have any "direct: counter. (although hack units do well against them)

I was playing as Ra yesterday, and I went Sekhmet for fun. (wouldn't go sekhmet at all if I was playing seriously) My opponent had stolen my TC in middle, (was watering hole) I tried to knock it down, first with one scarab backed by an army. (couldn't get more than one scarab cause I didn't have any more food to spare)

Not sure how much damage the scarab does when it dies, but not much. (maybe around 20)

After the scarab assault failed miserably, I realized how much it stunk, and decided it was just a waste of res to make it. Instead I massed siege towers, a whole lot easier to accomplish and a whole lot more cost-effective.

Scarab takes down buildings about 1.5X faster than one siege tower, but I can build 3-4 siege towers to every one scarab I can make.

posted 28 September 2003 03:43 PM EDT (US)     27 / 52  
^ 1. I'm aware of the cost, but it has nothing to do with how effective it is as a siege weapon.

2. I'm aware of this also, and people are also going to have units that do hack damage against the Siege Towers.
And once again, nothing to do with the effectiveness of the Scarab as a siege weapon

3. I'm aware of this, and I'm not saying that Scarabs/Siege Towers are cheap/expensive. Again, we're talking about its effectiveness against buildings.

Scarabs do better against buildings than Siege Towers do. It's as simple as that. Where's your argument?

Rating - 1662

[This message has been edited by ArtemisChimera (edited 09-28-2003 @ 03:45 PM).]

« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Expansion Pack Discussion » Changes to Eggies in X-Pack
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames