You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Technical Help
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Invalid CD-Key? Look Here!
« Previous Page  1 2 3 4 ··· 10 ··· 11  Next Page »
posted 27 October 2007 11:21 PM EDT (US)   

Invalid CD-Key

There are solutions for some copies of the game. This problem is caused by new copies of Age of Mythology - Gold Edition being shipped with the same CD-Key. This is a very common problem that many new users have been facing ever since Microsoft gave the distribution rights for Age of Mythology to other publishers. If you have one of these newer copies of the game and are experiencing this problem, your CD-Key will be as follows: BDKRJ-HFRHW-8W3YV-*****-*****

Luckily, our users have found that these sellers are able to give out new, unique, CD-Keys. Firstly you'll need to check the box of your recently purchased game to find the vendor. The following vendors are known to sell Age of Mythology - Gold Edition: Valusoft, Ubisoft, That's Hot and Xplosiv. Once you find your vendor, follow the directions under the corresponding header below:

Valusoft

You will need to email their support department using the form on this page asking for new CD-Keys for online play. You will probably have to provide certain information from your CD or box. For more information, see this thread.

Ubisoft

You will need to email their support department using the form on this page, asking for new CD-Keys for online play. You will probably have to provide certain information from your CD or box. For more information, see this thread.

Recently people have reported that Ubisoft were only given a certain amount of new CD-Keys from Microsoft and have now run out. At this point, there is nothing you can do except try to get a refund and find another copy of the game from a different distributer.

Xplosiv

You will need to email their support department (support@empire.co.uk) asking for a new CD-Key for online play. Including the following information in your email:

1) An image of the rear of the box showing the barcode.
2) An image of the receipt for the game. If no receipt is available you will need to send an image of the header from a Gas or Electricity bill showing your name and address.

That's Hot

There is no known solution for copies of the game sold by That's Hot. Try to get a refund and find another copy of the game from a different distributer.

If you cannot find Ubisoft, Valusoft, Xplosiv or That's Hot anywhere on the package, look harder! It has been reported that at times it is very well disguised and hard to find. If your copy of the game is published by someone not on the list above, please post a reply to this thread.

oh you can wait for what I can give
you know what I am so you know how I live
try to look proud but you’re not in the slightest
its happening now and it’s always been like this.

[This message has been edited by TAG (edited 03-14-2020 @ 07:29 AM).]

Replies:
posted 25 February 2008 11:07 AM EDT (US)     26 / 260  
Thought you were banned... or maybe that's over.

Anyway, good luck with this.
posted 25 February 2008 04:35 PM EDT (US)     27 / 260  
I actually found my CD case and the manual booklet is inside. It is a valusoft release. I'll be looking to get a new CD key soon.
posted 27 February 2008 04:08 PM EDT (US)     28 / 260  
Is this only for AOMTT because i can get online easy on AOM original but on The Titans it says "cd key can not be validated blah blah blah"?

Settlers player
posted 27 February 2008 04:38 PM EDT (US)     29 / 260  
Did you get the two games together or apart? If you got them apart, perhaps the problem didn't occur in both.

posted 28 February 2008 01:03 AM EDT (US)     30 / 260  
Correct me if i'm wrong, but it appears that there is another Ubisoft version that will still not work with a new cd key from Ubisoft.

On the box it says something like "What's hot version" or something along those lines. It also has 1 disc and says on the box that you cannot play online.

<3
posted 28 February 2008 04:34 PM EDT (US)     31 / 260  
Ok, I think my case is unique to me but I purchased the game a few months ago specifically to play online. I have an account created and everything, but my CD Key cannot be validated. I was only able to get on once, and then I was kicked off. My game did not come in a box, it came in a sealed disc case with the "Age of Mythology" sleeve stating :Game of the Year" and "From the creators of Age of Empires 1 & 2." There is a simple insert detailing how to set up and install the game. There is no mention of Ubisoft or another company. The copyright is Microsoft 2006. If someone could help me, I would really greatly appreciate it.
posted 01 March 2008 04:58 PM EDT (US)     32 / 260  
Hi all, I'm new and I have just bought a new copy of Age of Mythology. Unfortunately I have the same problem with cd-key; I have sent an e-mail but nothing happens. Is there someone who has solved the problem with a game bought by Xplosive vendor? How?
Thank for your help
posted 01 March 2008 08:12 PM EDT (US)     33 / 260  
Try to call someone. They should cooperate, and if they don't, politely ask for the manager.

If what Nanodude says is right though, you better check those boxes and make sure of what they say. If anyone can get a screenshot, that'd be nice.

posted 05 March 2008 03:50 PM EDT (US)     34 / 260  
Shanks13
AOMH Seraph posted 02-27-08 04:38 PM EDT (US) 29 / 33
------------------------------------------------------------ --------------------
Did you get the two games together or apart? If you got them apart, perhaps the problem didn't occur in both.

I got them together. Strange, i did get on TT but then it disconnected me and started rambling about cd-key.

Oh and can anyone let me know how to quote people?

tar.

Settlers player
posted 05 March 2008 04:24 PM EDT (US)     35 / 260  
To quote:
[quote=person's name(you don't have to include this)]TEXT[/quote]

So... [quote=Shanks13]I like pie.[/quote]
I like pie.
And if you got the two together, I'm at a loss.

posted 06 March 2008 03:21 PM EDT (US)     36 / 260  
I guess some things were made just to annoy one self.

Settlers player
posted 21 March 2008 08:42 AM EDT (US)     37 / 260  
How long did it take for them to reply to you guys?
posted 26 March 2008 03:34 PM EDT (US)     38 / 260  
I ordered the Valusoft pack off Amazon, I was wondering if this CD problem affects all the games? Being as stupid as I am, I didn't research properly before purchasing, I hope I will not need to do all this stuff once I receive it in the mail...

~Taake
posted 29 March 2008 07:31 PM EDT (US)     39 / 260  
Hello everyone, I'm new so please bear with me.

Kay, here's the problem. I have Age of Mythology (no expansions) and I just bought my game a few days ago. I've had the game before but it was uninstalled and I lost the CD Key, so I bought this one. But when I try to go online it says, "CD Key is not Valid" or something to that affect. I recently made a new account but still no good. Can someone please help me?

(This CD key has not been used on any other computers)
posted 29 March 2008 11:26 PM EDT (US)     40 / 260  
Which company published that copy? Ubisoft, Valusoft, Xplosive?

I might as well make a sig like everyone else.
posted 02 May 2008 01:55 AM EDT (US)     41 / 260  
eh im running into the same problem, have the box but no reciept as i bought it at a local garage sale

sent the email to valusoft and hope to get a reply soon. this has to be the most assinine mistake in the history of pc gaming
posted 05 May 2008 05:30 PM EDT (US)     42 / 260  
I got my game from Office Depot and it dosen't look like it has any vendor on it if you mean a number. This is driving me to the point of insanity because i just can't do anything on this curside game!!!!!!!!!!!!
posted 05 May 2008 07:56 PM EDT (US)     43 / 260  
i got the age of mythology gold pack and i cant get online some one help me figure this out i tried that last comment and i dont understand it

were do i go to get a new cd code
posted 05 May 2008 11:20 PM EDT (US)     44 / 260  
I need help baddly i sent a thing to get a new CD code to Ubisoft and jason said:"We can issue you a cd key if you'll mail us a copy of your receipt and the UPC code from the box. Or, if you have access to a digital camera, a picture of the UPC code and receipt attached to this incident is acceptable as well."

Then i said and replayed back to what he said:"I don't have a receipt because i got it at a Book Fair so it didn't come with a receipt. I will give my UPC code or Product code it is:

BDKRJ-HFRHW-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX"(blocked out produce code)

I thank you for the time to help me and i hope i can get online soon.

Then about 3 days after this he says this:"If you cannot find your CD key, you have the option of purchasing a new CD key.

Please send cash, check or money order in the amount of $10 (for CD Key and game manual) or $5 (CD Key only) made payable to UBISOFT, a brief description of the difficulty you are experiencing including your name, address (No PO Boxes), phone number and this RMA # 080502-000059 to the address below.

Address:
UBISOFT Replacements
3200 Gateway Centre Blvd, Ste 100
Morrisville, NC 27560
USA

Please use a traceable delivery method when sending products to UBISOFT."

So im stuck now what do i do i was saying my cd code but i think he was mistakeing it.I don't know what to do can anyone please help?

EDIT: I have made a respone to him and i said this:Im not asking for a new CD code because i forgot it im asking for a new one because my CD key cannot be properly validated when I attempt to play a multiplayer game online. I just want a new CD or UPC code that will allow me to to play Age of Mythology The Titans online. Also once again I will say my CD key it is BDKRJ-HFRHW-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX(Blocked out CD key again.) I have also worked with Ubisoft well in the past without going though all this. So please I ask you please let me have a new CD code that allows me to play online

EDIT AGAIN:They denyed it Jason said this: Unfortunately, we cannot give you a new key without the replacement fee unless you have the receipt. Thank you for your understanding in this matter,

And i cleary told him that the game didn't come with a receipt so how could i give him proof without even getting 1 in the first place i clearly stated it here: I don't have a receipt because i got it at a Book Fair so it didn't come with a receipt

So what do i do now i can't give him proof of it because i don't have a receipt...

[This message has been edited by atemyugiyamiboy (edited 05-06-2008 @ 07:39 PM).]

posted 20 May 2008 07:52 PM EDT (US)     45 / 260  
I AM FULL OF DEMENTED ANGRY
I AM THE MADDEST PERSON YOU PEOPLE HAVE EVER SEEN ON ANY FORUM
I GOT MY AGE OF MYTHOLOGY 2 WEEKS AGO AND HAVE BEEN TRYING TO
GET ONLINE EVERYDAY AND I AM ENRAGED
I JUST FOUND THIS THREAD TODAY AFTER LOOKING ALL DAY LONG THROUGH INFINTE GIGANTIC PILES OF INTERNET SHIT
IF I WOULD HAVE KNOWN IT WAS THIS HARD TO PLAY A GAME FROM WALMART THAT SAYS RIGHT ON THE COVER "PLAY AGAINST YOUR FREINDS ONLINE" I WOULD HAVE NEVER GOT INTO THIS MESS
MY FREINDS DONT HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THE GAME AND THERE ALL ON RIGHT NOW HAVING A BLAST WHERE I SHOULD BE
WHY IN THE **** WOULD A SUPER RICH COMPANY SELL THOUSANDS
OF COPIES OF THE GAME WITH THE SAME CD KEY ?
ARE THEY TRYING TO GET US TO COMENT SUICIDE?
IS THIS A SECRET WEAPON FROM THE TALABAN ?
OM*G AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
YES THAT MUST BE IT THEY MUST THINK THIS GAME IS SO AWSOME IF
YOU CANT GET ONLINE YOULL JUST KILL YOURSELF
WELL THAT IS ALMOST THE CASE THE GAME IS INCREDABLE
AND I WOULD LIKE NOTHING MORE THEN TO PLAY WHOEVER MADE THIS
BULL**** CD KEY ON AGE OF MYTHOLOGY AND COMPLETY ROFL PWN THEM WITH A HUNDRED CYCLOPS AND YES I KNOW I SPELLED THE
EVERYTHING WROUNG ON THIS POST AND I DONT GIVE A FLYING ****
2 WEEKS TWO ******* LONG WEEKS WHERE I DID NOTHING BUT GO WEBSITE TO WEBSITE TO WEBSITE AFTER WORK READING SOME OF THE DUMBEST SHIT I HAVE EVER SEEN WRITTIN IN MY LIFE WITH AT LEAST 50 OF EM SAYING SOMETHIN DIFFERNT .
I MAY BE BETTER OFF TRYING TO LOOK IN SPACE FOR A PERSON WHO
KNOWS WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE
I THANK THE PAGAN GODS THAT I FOUND THIS THREAD
I WAS GETTING VERY CLOSE TO BREAKING MY GAME AND MY COMPUTER
OUT OF INSANE RAGE BECUSE OF SOME IDIOTS STUPIDITY
IS THIS LIKE THE ATLANTIS MORRISEETE SONG IRONIC?
ISNT IT A LYRIC IN THE SONG? "LALALALA YOU GOT AGE OF MYTHOLOGY
BUT IT DOEST WORK LA LA LA LA ISNT IT IRONIC LALLALA"
I WILL FIGHT CHUCK LIDDEL RIGHT NOW FOR A CD KEY THAT WORKS
posted 21 May 2008 09:05 PM EDT (US)     46 / 260  
Did you accidentally get your caps lock stuck down?

What brand do you have?

posted 26 May 2008 02:21 PM EDT (US)     47 / 260  
I currently have a NEWLY bought AoM that is not the Gold or Titans edition, just regular AoM. I have the same problem, I cannot connect to the online server. The same error occurs each time, and I have even waited hours when it says to wait for it to be validated. It says no where on the case or cover which vendor it is besides Microsoft and Ensemble Studios. Once again I have a NEWLY bought AoM that is not the Gold or Titans edition. I would appreciate it if someone would help me and I would gladly play online.
posted 26 May 2008 06:45 PM EDT (US)     48 / 260  
Hi, I am new to the forums, but I know I have the same problem..
I got my game from a friend who doesn't play anymore. he already threw away his box and lost the receipt..
Is there anything I can do?
posted 29 May 2008 07:13 PM EDT (US)     49 / 260  
"Your CD key cannot currently be validated. Please wait for a few minutes and try again."

In my case i got an Online Key (I played some times online). 1 of 50 tries to access are successful. I have the latest drivers, I got the wiproxy.dll update... I got a fast broadband connection and nobody except me has this serial. Can someone help me what to do to get online more quicker?

PS: Where can i find a search engine? O.o

And I'm not the only one with this kind of problem...

"Do what he said above.

What has happened to ESO - it said it is not accepting any login requests!"

[This message has been edited by cRaZy_bisCuiT (edited 05-29-2008 @ 07:19 PM).]

posted 12 June 2008 07:05 PM EDT (US)     50 / 260  
Yeah yeah yeah... This is all really great help, but I ve another issue that happens after I finally log into ESO. When ever I try to play in one of the battles this messege pops up:

"Your version does not match the host version. Please make sure you have installed the latest patch."

And guess what, I have I went to the microsoft help site and got that patch and then re-installed the nocd patch over it (which helped me finally get online) and then I get that error. Nothing is working. People tell me to just buy the gam again. My old roomate still has my disk 1 and I have the 2nd.

What do I do about this? I want to play.
« Previous Page  1 2 3 4 ··· 10 ··· 11  Next Page »
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Technical Help » Invalid CD-Key? Look Here!
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames