You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Technical Help
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Invalid CD-Key? Look Here!
« Previous Page  1 2 3 4 5 6 ··· 10 ··· 11  Next Page »
posted 27 October 2007 11:21 PM EDT (US)   

Invalid CD-Key

There are solutions for some copies of the game. This problem is caused by new copies of Age of Mythology - Gold Edition being shipped with the same CD-Key. This is a very common problem that many new users have been facing ever since Microsoft gave the distribution rights for Age of Mythology to other publishers. If you have one of these newer copies of the game and are experiencing this problem, your CD-Key will be as follows: BDKRJ-HFRHW-8W3YV-*****-*****

Luckily, our users have found that these sellers are able to give out new, unique, CD-Keys. Firstly you'll need to check the box of your recently purchased game to find the vendor. The following vendors are known to sell Age of Mythology - Gold Edition: Valusoft, Ubisoft, That's Hot and Xplosiv. Once you find your vendor, follow the directions under the corresponding header below:

Valusoft

You will need to email their support department using the form on this page asking for new CD-Keys for online play. You will probably have to provide certain information from your CD or box. For more information, see this thread.

Ubisoft

You will need to email their support department using the form on this page, asking for new CD-Keys for online play. You will probably have to provide certain information from your CD or box. For more information, see this thread.

Recently people have reported that Ubisoft were only given a certain amount of new CD-Keys from Microsoft and have now run out. At this point, there is nothing you can do except try to get a refund and find another copy of the game from a different distributer.

Xplosiv

You will need to email their support department (support@empire.co.uk) asking for a new CD-Key for online play. Including the following information in your email:

1) An image of the rear of the box showing the barcode.
2) An image of the receipt for the game. If no receipt is available you will need to send an image of the header from a Gas or Electricity bill showing your name and address.

That's Hot

There is no known solution for copies of the game sold by That's Hot. Try to get a refund and find another copy of the game from a different distributer.

If you cannot find Ubisoft, Valusoft, Xplosiv or That's Hot anywhere on the package, look harder! It has been reported that at times it is very well disguised and hard to find. If your copy of the game is published by someone not on the list above, please post a reply to this thread.

oh you can wait for what I can give
you know what I am so you know how I live
try to look proud but you’re not in the slightest
its happening now and it’s always been like this.

[This message has been edited by TAG (edited 03-14-2020 @ 07:29 AM).]

Replies:
posted 04 November 2008 09:21 PM EDT (US)     76 / 260  
Hi... i'm new on this forum ... because of the... mass produce CD Keys... so... I did all that crap to get in touch with the "ubisoft tech support people" and it response to me with "We're sorry, but we can help you" or something like that... then I do de valuasoft try (yes, i actually purchase two games) send the "proof of purchase" to the address they told me to, and i'm still waitting for answer, I hope they can give some answer soon.

Grettings, and by the way, this site si terrific.
posted 17 November 2008 07:52 AM EDT (US)     77 / 260  
Well i just got a new cd key. (game was from game.co.uk)

[This message has been edited by Bl0od3r (edited 11-17-2008 @ 07:53 AM).]

posted 25 November 2008 12:19 PM EDT (US)     78 / 260  
When i try to log into ESO on titans expansion i get the following error message. Unable to connect with ESO(on UDP port 2300) due to a network error or lack of administrator rights. Visit the ESO website for more information.
Unfortunately the website isn't much help can anyone help me fix this please
This is the original titans expansion not exploder etc

[This message has been edited by Ezz88 (edited 11-25-2008 @ 12:26 PM).]

posted 25 November 2008 12:25 PM EDT (US)     79 / 260  
Read the FAQ.

Take my love, take my land, take me where I cannot stand.
I don't care, I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back.
Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.
There's no place I can be, since I found Serenity.
But you can't take the sky from me...
posted 25 November 2008 12:30 PM EDT (US)     80 / 260  
i have read the faq and cant find an answer
posted 25 November 2008 12:37 PM EDT (US)     81 / 260  
So none of these solutions helps you?

http://aom.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=12,26961,0,365#FAQ_1b

posted 25 November 2008 12:43 PM EDT (US)     82 / 260  
ahh thought you meant eso forums. Thats sorted it thanks alot
posted 04 December 2008 02:57 AM EDT (US)     83 / 260  
Hi,

I'm planning on buying the game soon here, but thankfully was tipped off about this issue before buying.

If I don't buy the gold edition, am I safe? I'm guessing that's all I can find in retail stores, but it's worth a try.

If I buy my game new, it will, for sure, have a CD-key like that?

If I buy the game, can I ask if someone who doesn't play anymore has a cd-key and install with that, so that I can play online?

Many thanks...

Join the media team!
FeaR clan
MSN: eiles3@comcast.net | ESO: Mattlight | Skype: Matt_to_da_light | Gamespy: TeHMaTFaCToR
When I'm not in my right mind, my left mind gets pretty crowded.
posted 04 December 2008 11:23 AM EDT (US)     84 / 260  
If I don't buy the gold edition, am I safe? I'm guessing that's all I can find in retail stores, but it's worth a try.
Not all versions of the game are labelled "gold edition" but AFAIK all of the Xplosive, Valusoft and Ubisoft versions of the game include both the original AoM and the TT expansion (it will probably mention this "bonus" on the cover).
If I buy my game new, it will, for sure, have a CD-key like that?
It will almost certainly have the universal CD-Key problem.
If I buy the game, can I ask if someone who doesn't play anymore has a cd-key and install with that, so that I can play online?
Not on these forums. You may ask to buy the game from someone (you'll have the most success at AoE3 Heaven) but not to just have or buy someone else's CD-Key.

posted 04 December 2008 11:29 AM EDT (US)     85 / 260  
Right, I meant on my clan forums or whatever - if I did get one (I am of course planning on legally buying the game), then i could install with that key and be good to go?

Join the media team!
FeaR clan
MSN: eiles3@comcast.net | ESO: Mattlight | Skype: Matt_to_da_light | Gamespy: TeHMaTFaCToR
posted 04 December 2008 11:48 AM EDT (US)     86 / 260  
Unfortunately CD-Key compatibility seems to be a bit hit and miss. Sometimes you can use valid CD-Keys with the newer copies of the game but sometimes it does not work. AFAIK there is no way to know if it will work without trying it.

posted 04 December 2008 04:35 PM EDT (US)     87 / 260  
wow, sounds like a real pain. well, I'll see what I can get from clannies and hopefully it'll work

Join the media team!
FeaR clan
posted 05 December 2008 01:44 AM EDT (US)     88 / 260  
Sigh, I feel so...depressed.

A friend gave me a copy of AOM Gold, but it suffered from the universal CD key thing (I thought he just burnt it, eh). When I was at a store I saw a cheap copy of AOM +Titans, and literally jumped for joy. I was sick of playing AI and wanted to...play properly...

Now realize I have purchased the dreaded That's Hot edition...the box even says I can't play online (I just saw it for 12 bucks and was too happy to look at or below the system requirements on the cover...I mean the game was made years ago)...

So by the sounds of it I am doomed to play offline for all eternity...right?

And if so WHY WHY WHY!!! I think AOM is so much better than AOE3...this is really unfair...Is there anything I can do? The "That's Hot" edition is really from Ubisoft (pfft I hate them now, the only game I liked (besides AOM) published by them was Beyond Good and Evil...).

(I know the post says my copy is basically USELESS but I mean...is there any way I can play online at ALL?)

[This message has been edited by ZachCharge (edited 12-05-2008 @ 01:47 AM).]

posted 05 December 2008 02:58 AM EDT (US)     89 / 260  
You need to buy a used copy, e.g. from an AoE3 player who used to play AoM in former times. If I were you I would try my luck on Ebay. Make sure to ask the vendor about the unique CD key up front, and make sure he understands what you are talking about.

Darkness is a state of mind
Valor is the contempt of Death and Pain. (Tacitus)
Problems worthy of attack prove their worth by hitting back. (Piet Hein)
posted 05 December 2008 07:40 AM EDT (US)     90 / 260  
Sigh I guess I will have too (basically beg for someone to sell a copy with a good cd key...). I think this is unfair though, I mean games not having working cd-keys and games that have the same cd-key used throughout a whole country, I mean common I feel like I got an illegal copy here or something...
posted 22 December 2008 10:11 PM EDT (US)     91 / 260  
i agree with papaya,it would be better if everybody could all play online, besides it would bring more people to play with, therefore making it more of a chance people will play,making it more fun
posted 26 December 2008 02:02 AM EDT (US)     92 / 260  
I swear, the ****ing idiots at wherever they are! They should have the guy/team who controls ESO, Walk over to the control panel, look for the Requires An CD key button and turn it OFF!!! THEN they should take a grenade shove it up each others *** pull each others pin then pull out pistols and shoot each other till the grenades go off.

MICROSOFT, IF U SEE THIS..AOE WAS GREAT BUT SERIOUSLY GO F******************************************CK URSELF!
posted 01 January 2009 08:15 PM EDT (US)     93 / 260  
I agree with Skullerx
posted 09 January 2009 02:49 PM EDT (US)     94 / 260  
Just thought people might like to know that as of less than a month ago, I was able to get a genuine cd key from valusoft. I purchased the game from Office Max. All they asked me to do was send in the original page containing the generic keys and they turned around and sent out some new ones along with the ones I sent in. Got a quick reply through email and snail mail was just over a week. Hope this helps.
posted 09 January 2009 03:46 PM EDT (US)     95 / 260  
Thank you for that information, it is nice to know Valusoft still have some CD-Keys.

posted 23 January 2009 07:11 PM EDT (US)     96 / 260  
hey i found a copy of age of mythology With the publisher of SYBEX. Will that work? well im looking at it online.
posted 01 February 2009 04:45 PM EDT (US)     97 / 260  
I have the valusoft "bonus includes titans expansion".
but i threw out the booklet (or lost it, im not sure cuz i bought it a while ago and i bought it while on vacation) that has the validation key i emailed valusoft i hope they are able to help me lol
posted 05 February 2009 06:49 PM EDT (US)     98 / 260  
I am having problems entering ESO.

this happened after a normal, average scenario online
I took a break for school, but when I returned, It said "ESO is not accepting login requests".
I waited til the next day, and it still doesn't work.
today is that day.
what is happining?!
I dont have AOM Gold or Expansion. I can still attempt logins, simply replying with "ESO is not acception login requests".
is this the end of the OAOM, or is it just somthing that ESO is going through? Is it temperary? is it only happining to me?

Ill try to go into the Official ESO website, but if that doesn't help, then Ill post a topic about it. If this problem weathers out or I find somthing around it, ill probobly forget this post. if not, its definantly going to be checked by me every other day probobly.
I love ESO. I dont want to have to buy the Titans Expansion for it, or worse, say goodbye forever (Im too poor to play anything else, I mean I got dialup for petes sake)
if you have any advice, or otherwise helpful information for me, please dont hesitate to reply this post. in about a day (thats 2/6/2009, if my account is still having problems) I will post a topic on this crises Im having. please help. I really love AOM.

Aflay, PS, I didn't do anything unusual, but I may try reinstalling AOM into my comp just to make sure.

A few minutes later (EDIT)
I checked both the official ESO website and the Age of mythology website. nothing perticularly new is goin on cept that they are finally throwing in the towel.
they dont say anything about shutting down servers or anything. maybe it is me. how about you guys? any feedback on online experiance (whether titanX or not, most perferably not) will help me out alot. I dont know what is happinging. Im almost a sitting duck.

I am a sire of sphinx and a king of camels and cats.
I mastered the arts of teh elements and I am quite powerful.
I will destroy your homes, I will kill your dogs and cats
but worse of all, Ill OWN YOUR MAMAS AND DADADS!!!
unless, you are a friend, then Ill just kill you ^^D>

[This message has been edited by Aflay (edited 02-05-2009 @ 07:00 PM).]

posted 05 February 2009 07:04 PM EDT (US)     99 / 260  
If you check the last ~5 threads in this forum, you'll see that everyone is getting this error at the moment. No-one knows why or when it will be fixed. For some people, changing your system's date back a few days allows you to login to ESO.

posted 05 February 2009 10:02 PM EDT (US)     100 / 260  
Just for anyone out there who might wanna a CD key for the gold edition. Well here is your chance if your have the ValuSoft version. All you have to do is this http://www.valusoftsupport.com/KBArticle.asp?kbid=6024
and you should get a reply. I got mine in 4 days!
« Previous Page  1 2 3 4 5 6 ··· 10 ··· 11  Next Page »
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Technical Help » Invalid CD-Key? Look Here!
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames