Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Lotr campaign
posted 21 May 2003 04:24 PM EDT (US)   
I am currently working on a campaign about LOTR:TTT and i need some help with the characters.

Aragorn=Ajax
Gimli=Eitri
Theoden=Agamemnon
Legolas=?
Faramir=Odysseus
Arwen=Hippolyta
Eomer=Bellerephon
Eowyn=Atalanta or Reignleif
Gandalf=Setna

Saruman=?
Grima=Kemsyt
Orcs=Spearmen, Axemen, Gastraphetes
Huru-Khai=Eihenjars, Trolls

This are the units i thought...now i need help for Saruman and Legolas. Any ideas?

The horn of Hel Hammerhand shall sound in the deep. One last time... Great deeds awake!!! Now for wrath, now for ruin and the Red dawn!!! Forth Eolingas!!!

[This message has been edited by Diex_Aye (edited 05-23-2003 @ 03:29 PM).]

Replies:
posted 21 May 2003 07:00 PM EDT (US)     1 / 25  
Saruman = Old Man
Legolas = A Fishing Boat
posted 21 May 2003 08:47 PM EDT (US)     2 / 25  
hmm skult maybe for saruman or a priest with their white robes

i dont know about legolas though

posted 21 May 2003 10:58 PM EDT (US)     3 / 25  
mabye hipalta or chiron for legolas.
posted 22 May 2003 00:46 AM EDT (US)     4 / 25  
Make Odysseeus Legolas. Faramir should be Arkantos son, the Krito guy.

And Sauran, make him an Eiranghar or make him the Son of Osiris or the Poseidon guy.

posted 22 May 2003 12:51 PM EDT (US)     5 / 25  
well, odyseus should be legolas, but the thing that should be changed is Gimli.. Etri is way too weak to represent gimli.. he should be Heracles or maybe a Dwarf Ragnarok hero... i dont no.. just sugestions.

btw.. I'm gonna make another lotr map too, a sequel to my map.. can you email the story line of The Two Towers to me?? please.
my adress is below

Few people dare challenge a Toe. should one do so, there is one less...

[This message has been edited by Toe of Doom (edited 05-23-2003 @ 12:28 PM).]

posted 23 May 2003 07:49 AM EDT (US)     6 / 25  
Odysseus is too muscular and Legolas is agile. That is why i use Theseus for Legolas. I thought Atalanta but she is female unit and cannot be used. I put Eitri because it looks *Gimlistic* even if not so strong. And who said Gimli was that strong. In Two Towers he couldn't even walk and during the siege:

Gimli:"Legolas, i already got two"
Legolas:"I'm on seventeen!!!"
Gimli:*akward silence*"I'm not gonna let an Elf beat me"

Can someone remind me the name of Theoden's daughter?

The horn of Hel Hammerhand shall sound in the deep. One last time... Great deeds awake!!! Now for wrath, now for ruin and the Red dawn!!! Forth Eolingas!!!
posted 23 May 2003 09:05 AM EDT (US)     7 / 25  
Sorry to break this to you..I really am. This is so damn sad.

But...THESEUS DOESN'T shoot arrows! Now either I'm blind or those arrows Legolas was shooting in the movie was realy the motion movements of his sword...lol. Use Odysseus. Forget the agile crap.

posted 23 May 2003 11:31 AM EDT (US)     8 / 25  
if you mean eomer's sister its eowyn but they are the nephew and niece of theoden.
posted 23 May 2003 11:43 AM EDT (US)     9 / 25  

Quote:

And who said Gimli was that strong. In Two Towers he couldn't even walk and during the siege:
Gimli:"Legolas, i already got two"
Legolas:"I'm on seventeen!!!"
Gimli:*akward silence*"I'm not gonna let an Elf beat me"

If you ever read the book Lord of the Rings, which is BTW, much better than the movie, then you'd know that Gimli won the contest in the end He killed 1 more orc than Legolas.

Give me money, and I might feel generous enough to say something kind.
--My The Ultimate AOK Guide--
--My The Ultimate AOM Guide
posted 23 May 2003 12:20 PM EDT (US)     10 / 25  
ok i read the book.. it got kinda boring during the part where Aragorn getst to Sarumon's castle. can anyone send me a compact version of the story.. i realy want to finish my scenario sequiel

btw: why is Gandalf Setna when she is a female, and Legolas can't be atalanta??

thx
email: toesofhell@yahoo.com
please.. i really need to finish

[This message has been edited by Toe of Doom (edited 05-23-2003 @ 12:45 PM).]

posted 23 May 2003 03:29 PM EDT (US)     11 / 25  
If u didn't notice Setna is male.

posted 23 May 2003 03:32 PM EDT (US)     12 / 25  
PS. Euxaristo theophile...

Gaurdian.. i noticed Theseus looks more like Legolas then any other... about using Hippolyta she is already used as Arwen and Odysseus look more like Faramir. And i don't know...but Legolas did have two swords right?

posted 24 May 2003 06:42 AM EDT (US)     13 / 25  
for saruman how about a priest?
ang for legolas that hero hippola (sorry about the spelling is most like him

YOU CANNOT RESIST THE POWER OF TEH n00bs1111111111
posted 24 May 2003 07:33 AM EDT (US)     14 / 25  
Look no offense but the character choices you have arent really all that good. Legolass had two swords in the kinda crappy game (if he had them in the film or book then sorry). I agree with Guardian. He knows his stuff. I dont think anyone would give a toss about if Thesues is agile or not. Use Odysuess! He can shoot arrows! Legolass shoots arrows in the film/book! Thesues uses swords! Legolass trade mark weapon is a bow and arrow! But, apart from the Legolass issue, I think the otther character choices are quite good.

Presenting...
Lord Of the Rings, by J.R.R. Tolkien
The Saga reproduced exclusively for Age Of Mythology
Coming soon..in Fall 04

posted 24 May 2003 07:41 AM EDT (US)     15 / 25  
but cant you change his weapon to a bow, i remember someone doing that to a dwarf and giving him the guardian sword, so couldn't you give Theseus a bow and arrow and then youd have a perfect legolas? if not then id agree with the others, go Odysseus, plus using Vachus editor i think you can alter speed (or some other editor to fiddle around with units).

KillaFish
| Graphics | Design | Programming |

[This message has been edited by KillaFish (edited 05-24-2003 @ 07:42 AM).]

posted 24 May 2003 09:37 AM EDT (US)     16 / 25  
You can either use Odyssus or the guy with the crossboy, or just a PLAIN OLD TOXOTE!

While in Rome, live in Rome
posted 24 May 2003 10:45 AM EDT (US)     17 / 25  
Actually an even better way would be to create a unit similar to Theseus, except give him a bow instead. Then you can edit the unittransform.xmb in the data folder. This file is used to transform some units in the game, like from norse gatherers to ulfsarks. Using this file, you could be able to change from the bow-theseus to the sword-theseus on the fly. It might take some time to get but I think it's worth it.
posted 24 May 2003 04:18 PM EDT (US)     18 / 25  
you can change the weapon of a unit? how? with an editor? there is no such file in data

[This message has been edited by Diex_Aye (edited 05-24-2003 @ 04:46 PM).]

posted 25 May 2003 02:57 AM EDT (US)     19 / 25  
Using .anim files. Go to the mod forum for more information.

Give me money, and I might feel generous enough to say something kind.
--My The Ultimate AOK Guide--
--My The Ultimate AOM Guide
posted 25 May 2003 05:46 AM EDT (US)     20 / 25  
If someone knows a program to edit it....

posted 25 May 2003 06:10 AM EDT (US)     21 / 25  
yeh i just checked, its vachus object editor, i got it from this site, try look in the utilities section or something. It allows you to edit units attacks, power, hp, speed, etc.

KillaFish
posted 25 May 2003 06:31 AM EDT (US)     22 / 25  
OH GOOD

posted 25 May 2003 07:03 AM EDT (US)     23 / 25  
wait, i was refering to change speed and stuff for vachus editor. but to change weapons is a bit harder, you need Aomed 4.0 which you can get dgdn in the tools section

KillaFish
posted 25 May 2003 08:13 AM EDT (US)     24 / 25  
I see... AOMED 4.0 ok i can find it.

posted 27 May 2003 12:48 PM EDT (US)     25 / 25  
so when exactly are you going to release it? i really realy want to see it and play it!! please email it to me!!
email:toesofhell@yahoo.com

Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Lotr campaign
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames