You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Hello AOMH! New Campaign - 'Shadow Realm' - (preview out and screenshots)
posted 13 June 2003 03:14 AM EDT (US)   
Hello AOMH, I am Bobalouie, and a new member at DGDN. I am the author and involved in quite a venture designing a new campaign for AoM called 'Shadow Realm'

To see the project page click Here

I uploaded the Project Preview in the downlaods->campaigns section. It should be quite an origonal take on how one may come to use the editor. It is a cinematic made to let you all in on this upcoming campaign.

Here are Some ScreenShots:

With a lot more available HERE

Here's some Information:
A campaign with various types of gameplay, and use of cinematic narratives, and cut scenes.

A little about the story:
You are Arkantos (most of the time), and his kindsman. It is two years after the war with Gargarensis, which afterwards Zeus appointed Arkantos worthy of Olympus. He was put among the bravest mortals in the halls of Olympus, where he only asked to be able to take his son Kastor. Time progressed, and rumors grew in the land of mortals of conflict between the gods. Hades, who had always been jealous of his brothers was pursuing his goal of conquering Olympus. The underworld lord was set on to at least control more than the mere dead. He sent out his finest commanders to conquer all that stood in his way. This is where 'Shadow Realm' begins.

-> This story is the Prologue of the main plot, it is the scene where Arkantos endures a major loss, and in turn leaves Olympus to cammand all who might follow him in his personal quest to defeat his son's murderer. Zeus does not forsake his prized hero, and is behind him everystep of his ever changing journey.

This campaign will include:
-Prologue cinematic.
-Six playable scenarios.
-Cinamatic Finish.
-Custom sounds folder
-Custom lighting effects
-Custom campaign file
-A version of 'fozen' AI.
-And thanks to the creator of the wonderful Admiral AI, Georg Kalus, and his credit goes to Tonto Zycat for the Battle Machine Zeta AI. The Admiral is used for the tough computer controlled opponenents when needed.

More Info:
-The First playable- A cross between an adventure and a death match. For instance, the player must build a force to defeat the enemy, but then they get cut off and need to find out how to get back to their forces, and figure out what is occupying this uncharted territory.

-The Second- Similar but much more death match oriented. Also, the player gets to choose whether he or she wants to play or watch the opening battle sequence. This gives way to the building of a formadable force to take on a well established native town accross the river. At the end, the hero is forced into 'another world.'

-Third- the hero and the enemy get transported to a lost and forgotten land. This is what I call 'god power action.' The player must keep the armies of forgotten and foul creatures from reaching Arkantos until he passes while still in pursuit of his enemy. Timing is key.

-Fourth- A kind of RPG with original riddle questions which are the matter of life or death to the hero (asked by the Fates or the Muses). There are various routes to death here.

-Fifth- Arkantos is lost now in his pesonal quest to find his murdured son in a terrible place. This has more of an RPG/adventure feel to it, with fighting, and tips from characters to aid in your quest.

Sixth- Arkantos is ambushed, and is now forced to flee in order to find a willing amount of allied spirits to fight in the name of Olympus in a final battle in the Shadow Realm.

Thank you for your time,

This project is jointly being worked on by CheeZy and Bobalouie

Bobalouie (origonally Jim Bob a Louie, just in case )

A member of - DGDN- Dragon Gaming Design Network
(upcoming Projects)-
Shadow Realm

[This message has been edited by Bobalouie (edited 06-15-2003 @ 03:05 AM).]

Replies:
posted 13 June 2003 08:50 AM EDT (US)     1 / 25  
That looks wonderful! However it says the file cannot be downloaded at this time though.

Programmer on 0 A.D., author of Norse Wars, co-author of Fort Wars.
posted 13 June 2003 12:24 PM EDT (US)     2 / 25  
Havent seen anything this good in awhile..
You guys at DGDN neverr ceased to amaze me...

Few people dare challenge a Toe. should one do so, there is one less...
posted 13 June 2003 12:26 PM EDT (US)     3 / 25  
The DGDN project page is still in progress, but should be up shorlty.

Check the posting dates. I uploaded everything here (hope it is accepted) on June 13, 03

So how ever long it usually takes for submissions to be processed and evaluated, and if it is accepted Then it
might be available here in a short time.

Again the DGDN project page is 'under constuction'
It might or might not be fininshed before the AomH submission is evaluted. So don't stray, it will be available there also soon I hope, (The 'Project Preview' of course to all of this)

Thanks for your concern though.

(upcoming Projects)-
Shadow Realm

posted 13 June 2003 03:23 PM EDT (US)     4 / 25  
Sounds like fun.

Byz
Tsunami Studios
"People are born to succeed, not fail." - Henry David Thoreau
posted 13 June 2003 03:26 PM EDT (US)     5 / 25  
Man dammit this makes Call Of Medusa look like a pile of dog cr*p. Ah but I'll work hard on it Anyways, this looks brilliant. Good luck!

Presenting...
Lord Of the Rings, by J.R.R. Tolkien
The Saga reproduced exclusively for Age Of Mythology
Coming soon..in Fall 04

posted 13 June 2003 04:17 PM EDT (US)     6 / 25  
Looks awesome. Especially the cinematics.

SEXITUP.
Former Leader of the FPH Clan
Acting-President of AoMH
posted 13 June 2003 09:48 PM EDT (US)     7 / 25  
Well considering the compliments (many thanks), I hope very much the Project Preview gets up in the downloads section.

If it does, I would like to know where to get a review, or can anybody just post things here. I know it is an unplayable scn., but I would like to know what people think of it just the same. This style of cinematgraphy is used through out the campaign, and I would like to know what people think of it.
(diddn't want to say it but can't hold it in,'if you like the preview, then just know I think the campaign's cinematics are much better ')
Ok! OK! it's out.
I can sleep,
I thank you all again for your compliments, enjoy it when you can get it!

(upcoming Projects)-
Shadow Realm

posted 14 June 2003 01:23 AM EDT (US)     8 / 25  
It's up, get it Here

Yeah, Shadow Realm really is awesome, the preview will blow your mind, I think Bob might perhaps be a better designer than I am I'm really glad I get to work with him on this.

Download the preview!
Make sure you check out the DGDN project page for Shadow Realm updates and news

CheeZy ex-HG Angel
WildFire Games - Artist, Lead Scenario Designer, Game Designer for 0 A.D.
"But really, stop fighting and listen to CheeZy when he says use good grammar." - Phantom_rider.
----Stuff I've Made----
posted 14 June 2003 05:56 AM EDT (US)     9 / 25  
wow, that cinematic was really good, I especially liked the way you used music, most people use it poorly but that was very well done.
posted 14 June 2003 08:55 AM EDT (US)     10 / 25  
Downloading now .

posted 14 June 2003 03:12 PM EDT (US)     11 / 25  
Bobalouie, that was the best cinematic I've ever scene. Everthing was perfect. I beleive you are one of, if not the best designer out there for AoM man. That was a masterpiece, and with CheeZy helping as well, I'm sure this scenario will kick. My only problem is getting Shilmista out before this thing.

But well done on the preview, it was great.

Byz
Tsunami Studios
posted 14 June 2003 03:13 PM EDT (US)     12 / 25  
Downloading now, those screens look great, good choices for a preveiw, well done in advance.

][- ][_ . ][\/][ (()) ][) ][) (())
Angelcynn > Niwe Middangeard ~ Ic
posted 14 June 2003 04:22 PM EDT (US)     13 / 25  

Good preview, waiting for the cpn to come out, play the demo.

Good use of music, and camera movements

Can you do the Double Yoda?
A sexual move, where you do a double backflip, insert your penis into the orifice of choice, and scream, "Afraid are you?"
posted 14 June 2003 05:45 PM EDT (US)     14 / 25  
If only I could top this My pretty town scenario that I'm working is pretty awesome though. (winkedy wink)

CheeZy ex-HG Angel
"But really, stop fighting and listen to CheeZy when he says use good grammar." - Phantom_rider.
----Stuff I've Made----

[This message has been edited by CheeZy monkey (edited 06-15-2003 @ 02:57 PM).]

posted 14 June 2003 07:55 PM EDT (US)     15 / 25  
I think I boosted everybody's motivation it sounds like!
Well, that's good though. I would like to make something for the pretty town, but it's either work on that, or the campaign. (self promotion, or... self promotion, with fun for everyone else). I think it's good to make everyone think they have to work a little harder, then it makes me work a little harder, and so on, a productive cycle!
Thanks again everybody.

Edit:CheeZy, what's the priZe?!

(upcoming Projects)-
Shadow Realm

[This message has been edited by Bobalouie (edited 06-14-2003 @ 08:06 PM).]

posted 14 June 2003 11:25 PM EDT (US)     16 / 25  
A good designer without a bragging, egocentric additude! Will wonders never cease?

Byz
Tsunami Studios
posted 15 June 2003 00:50 AM EDT (US)     17 / 25  
oooh... so THIS is what Cheezy said it's wonderful and the best

posted 15 June 2003 08:20 AM EDT (US)     18 / 25  
It was very nicely done, the only things I would modify are (1) set unit detail to low during the big battle to reduce lag (i.e. don't use Cinematic models) and (2) add more of a transition between the underworld and the overworld at the scene of the battle (maybe some stalagmites, rocks, etc and mixed terrain).

posted 15 June 2003 03:00 PM EDT (US)     19 / 25  
Well part of the theme to the campaign is that Underworld guys explode out of the ground and attack people, so you'll "understand the picture" as you get to see the later parts of the campaign. (Look at the last pic in Bobalouie's post)

Hey Bob I'm thinking that you should release the campaign in parts? Because now that people have seen the preview I don't think they're gonna want to wait 6 months for you to finish all 6 scenarios. So maybe release Part 1 which is the prolugue and first 3 scenarios, then part 2 which is the conculding last 3 scenarios. Unless you're gonna finish everything next month. What do you think. (I'm asking you this here because DGDN is down)

CheeZy ex-HG Angel
----Stuff I've Made----

[This message has been edited by CheeZy monkey (edited 06-15-2003 @ 03:05 PM).]

posted 15 June 2003 03:15 PM EDT (US)     20 / 25  
E-mail what?

Byz
Tsunami Studios
posted 15 June 2003 05:40 PM EDT (US)     21 / 25  
CheeZy.
Do you mean the first three, being the Prologue, and the first three. Or the first three including the prologue?

I think the second idea is do-able very soon, the first one is less apparent.

The low poloygon to cinematic models don't matter when the camera is pulled back as far out as it is, and for as much fighting is going on. I did experience 'less' lag with the non-cin. models, but it just wasn't worth it, since it diddn't solve it completely. I'd rather see details in a lagging battle, than no details and characters seen as funny shapes fighting in a less lagging battle. I hope that makes sense to everybody, but thanks for the critizm Matei. I think it was the first (at AomH) so far, I very appreciate it.

As for the transition between under world to regular, I think CheeZy took care of that. The underworld is supposed to be like a disease, and it spreads overshadowing even the lightest of things. So what terrrain would be transitions for this? No transitions, because there just shouldn't be a transition between the ... to the ...

CheeZy don't forget to answer my previous questions. I was wandering why I couldn't get on the sight, thanks.

And thanks again everybody, remember critisize all you want!

(upcoming Projects)-
Shadow Realm

[This message has been edited by Bobalouie (edited 06-15-2003 @ 08:04 PM).]

posted 15 June 2003 08:00 PM EDT (US)     22 / 25  
Bobalouie the preview was great! the camera movements were awesome and the music was just right for each part.
(I did notice a spelling mistake heroes was spelt heros on one occasion)
I'm Eagerly awaiting the release
posted 15 June 2003 08:03 PM EDT (US)     23 / 25  
the page is down

[This message has been edited by luke25 (edited 06-15-2003 @ 08:05 PM).]

posted 15 June 2003 08:14 PM EDT (US)     24 / 25  
I'm having troubles with my AoM CD
This happened before, it just requiered I re-install my system software. Horrible for me, and growing impatience for everyone else I know. I am also aware that the project sight is down right now, we are sorry for the inconvenience.
But I would like to put up a new topic in this forum posting screenshots that this post links to, I just don't know if the link is too noticable, and I would like it to be much more conveinient to forumers. I can also post a tid bit of info for each screenshot, something you can't get on the link I posted in this thread.
I am just posting this as a warning for an image heavy topic, and that I won't be able to reply for a while. Re-installing my system software will make me immobile for just a little.

(upcoming Projects)-
Shadow Realm

posted 15 June 2003 09:26 PM EDT (US)     25 / 25  
DGDN is down because Wizhost is such a crap host. Seems they get very mad if you use up more than 1 GB bandwith a month even though you pay for 30GB. Aparantly SCNnetwork and SCNpunk are also down because of this.

DGDN'll be back in abit, along with the Shadow Realm project page.

CheeZy ex-HG Angel
----Stuff I've Made----

[This message has been edited by CheeZy monkey (edited 06-15-2003 @ 09:27 PM).]

Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Hello AOMH! New Campaign - 'Shadow Realm' - (preview out and screenshots)
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames