You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Modding and Scripting
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Have a Question? Post it Here!
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 25 26 27 28 29 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 80 ··· 90 ··· 100  Next Page »
posted 28 November 2005 05:00 PM EDT (US)   
In my efforts to enliven the scenario design community, it seems I've neglected our important modders and AI/RM scripters. So I've done a little housekeeping by getting rid of old, useless sticky threads and, hopefully, by relieving some of the question clutter with this thread.

First of all, if you're new to the forums.... in fact, even if you're not, I encourage you all to read this thread. However, instead of posting your questions in the scenario design thread, I encourage you to post them here.

What's more, I will be somewhat more lax with the question threads in this forum; afterall, questions seem to make up the majority of the activity in this portion of the community. I simply feel that it might be more convenient for the diligent sages who answer the questions, like Argalius, if all the queries were in the same place.

So. Please read the thread, follow the guidelines, and post your questions regarding modding, AI, or RM scripting here. Unless you believe the problem warrants discussion, in which case feel free to make a separate thread for it.

Okay? Fire away.

Your Divine Overlord
KING JARED
Aw, hell, I dunno, she had some tig-ole-bitties, d'int she?
big.vitt@gmail.com

[This message has been edited by King Jared (edited 11-28-2005 @ 05:02 PM).]

Replies:
posted 25 June 2007 07:23 PM EDT (US)     651 / 2500  
@invent00r - yes you do need to add a god power handler to the aiGP script. This is fairly straight forward - just look at a similar GP to the one you want to add and see its casting logic. Generally they follow an approach that economic GP's are cast immediately, and battle GP's get triggered when a large or very large force is attacking you, but there is plenty of scope for variation.

@Vivera - the attachpoint for the projectile is defined in the model and cannot be moved, however if the projectile is a .brg rather than a .prt you can edit it in gmax and offset the projectile model from its pivot point - which will give the effect of changing its launch position.
posted 26 June 2007 04:15 AM EDT (US)     652 / 2500  
Hello all,
i have a problem with exporting my edited infantry N huskarl_idlea from gmax to 3dx. All the other Huskarl models do well, but this one goed crazy when i try to export it. I followed several turtorials but none helped. some advice? or maybe someone wants to export it for me?

My e-mail: friso.aalbers@gmail.com. ill send the edited model as .gmax, then it only needs to be exported and sended back to that adress.

thanks,
- friso
posted 26 June 2007 06:18 AM EDT (US)     653 / 2500  
@Stephen Caines
I already got it to work.

The god power I was talking about was the Dwarven Mine

Initially, I just used:
aiCastGodPowerAtPosition(cTechCreateGold,kbGetTownLocation()-vector(0,0,8));

But I soon found out that it doesn't work online...

I made a new script, now using plans.

The problem is that now:
  • Takes about 4 sec to invoke it.
  • Can't be close to town center.

Is it possible to actually get it invoke right next to towncenter?
  • posted 26 June 2007 09:10 AM EDT (US)     654 / 2500  
    well gold mines generally are prevented from being placed right next to settlements/towncetre/citadels...so maybe that is the problem

||||||||||||||||My Videos||||||||||||||||
    Roxas, his heart was human, yet because of his status as a being his fate was sealed since he was born. How many times must humanity judge others like that as well without giving them a fair chance?

"It would be very irresponsible of me to give you my thoughts as you are clearly incapable of handling the ones you already have" ~some guy in OD
    posted 26 June 2007 09:02 PM EDT (US)     655 / 2500  
    I have created a hersir texture, i converted it bak to dtt exactly as it said, i put it in the textures folder and when i run aom and place a hersir in the editor the texture doesnt show, i also made sure i put in the right dtt file, please help.

~O.Fenrir.O~
    <•.o\Keyblade/o.•>
    (
    /^\)
    \./
    posted 27 June 2007 03:19 PM EDT (US)     656 / 2500  
    can someone plz explain what all the lines in the protox.xml mean or at least tell me where a guide is?

P.S.I know some of the obvious ones like icon and los, but I dont understand things like turnrate, obstructionrradius, containedattack, etc.

Aom TT ESO Name: Trap93
    Current Aom Projects:

None

[This message has been edited by trap93 (edited 06-27-2007 @ 03:20 PM).]

posted 29 June 2007 05:14 AM EDT (US)     657 / 2500  
    If you get stephen cairnes modding guide, he explains it really well in there
    posted 29 June 2007 04:25 PM EDT (US)     658 / 2500  
    posted 03 July 2007 04:57 PM EDT (US)     659 / 2500  
    I have removed a cape from a model, and then converted back etc. etc.

And in game, when the character is in idle, the texture is ok, but when it walks or attacks the textures go crazy: his leggs suddenly gray instead of his arms.

Anyone know how i can restore it?
    posted 04 July 2007 04:36 AM EDT (US)     660 / 2500  
    I'm assuming that you extracted the .bar file and made the edit to the ddt file right...in any case check his animation settings for when he is idle...maybe there is a bug there

Roxas, his heart was human, yet because of his status as a being his fate was sealed since he was born. How many times must humanity judge others like that as well without giving them a fair chance?

"It would be very irresponsible of me to give you my thoughts as you are clearly incapable of handling the ones you already have" ~some guy in OD
    posted 05 July 2007 01:43 AM EDT (US)     661 / 2500  
    I am currently making a RMS but i'm having trouble with the one of my triggers syncing the map. // Define triggers

for(i=1; cNumberPlayers)
    {
    rmCreateTrigger("Tech"+i);
    }

// Watch Towers for all
    for(i=1; cNumberPlayers)
    {
    rmSwitchToTrigger(rmTriggerID("Tech"+i));
    rmSetTriggerActive(true);
    rmAddTriggerCondition(Always");
    rmAddTriggerEffect("Set tech status");
    rmSetTriggerEffectParamInt("PlayerID", i);
    rmSetTriggerEffectParamInt("TechID", 27);
    rmSetTriggerEffectParamInt("Status", 4);

}

// Define Triggers End
    What am I doing wrong?

A green great dragon.
    posted 05 July 2007 11:46 AM EDT (US)     662 / 2500  
    I don't know much about RMS, but if they work anything like AIs then (which it seems they do) then you have made a few syntacical errors. Shouldn't it be:

"for(i=1; < cNumberPlayers)" instead of "for(i=1; cNumberPlayers)" ?

And,

"rmAddTriggerCondition("Always");" instead of "rmAddTriggerCondition(Always");" ?

That's what I predict.
    posted 07 July 2007 03:18 PM EDT (US)     663 / 2500  
    Can anyone help me how to make a chariot with two wheels? I seen the anim of a chariot archer, there's just a import of a wheel, so i can't really change it with gmax, unless i add the wheel to my model etc. and that cost lots of time :/ So, any suggestions?
    I need the chariot for my civ im making...

BTW2: If more people are interested in helping me making a new civ: friso.aalbers@gmail.com. Im almost done doing all the story/background, gods, godpowers, units etc. The only thing is making all the models and programming the civ :/

BTW2: Its funny to see how people who post topics and making this forum messy directly get help, and people who just post their questions in the right (question) topic often don't :/
    posted 09 July 2007 05:41 PM EDT (US)     664 / 2500  
    I dont know why, but my RM wolnt load. I made it with MapGen, and its called Nine Islands(Nomad). Cn some1 give me a list of reasons why it wouldnt work?

-DragonBlood11
    posted 09 July 2007 09:57 PM EDT (US)     665 / 2500  
    I am trying to edit the protox so I can make modded units 'trainable', i tried adding and the unit ids, but it isnt working, can someone tell me how to solve this?
    posted 10 July 2007 10:18 PM EDT (US)     666 / 2500  
    Vespacianus, you also need to add an entry to the Techtreex to make your unit trainable. There is more in depth information in guides. I hope this starts you on the path to solve your problem.
    posted 10 July 2007 10:43 PM EDT (US)     667 / 2500  
    @Freezo-Solution: Since the chariot has a wheel attachment, you have to attach it in the anim, which is simple since it is already done for you. Just open the chariot wheel in gmax and change it however you would like, then instead of archer e chariot wheel in the define wheel, replace it with the name of your new model. I really dont see how that takes up so much time.

Check out all of the mods I made here
    posted 19 July 2007 08:13 PM EDT (US)     668 / 2500  
    Say I wanted to create a new unit. Will it have to be based of an existing unit? I have noticed most mods and the units look like old AOM units just with a new look. Is it possible to create a completely new unit that does not look anything like a unit from AOM. I wanted to create a pirate ship but I dont want to "modify" the existing pirate ship or use any of the ships from AOM. I want the ship to look a bit more galleon-y. Like a real pirate ship with its decks and hign sails. This might be a unrealistic dream but I would like to know if it is possible to do so. If so could someone show me a guide or tell me how to create a unit from scratch.
    Thanks in advance!
    posted 20 July 2007 04:31 PM EDT (US)     669 / 2500  
    No, you can make it completely from scrach, if you know how to do all of it...
    As for a guide, i dont know any but you can search for one in the DL section.

For some reason,
    Just when you think things can't get worst,
    They just do...

Have a nice day in hell...

[This message has been edited by tanneros (edited 07-20-2007 @ 04:32 PM).]

posted 20 July 2007 05:13 PM EDT (US)     670 / 2500  
    @ Mordanticus

To create a new unit that isn't based off another unit, you will need to model and animate it.

To do this, you will need a 3D editing software such as Gmax or Blender. Most programs don't save directly to AoM's supported model format, in fact, I don't think any do. To deal with this problem, there are exporting scripts to convert the models and animations into BRG format.

Remember, modeling takes lots of time and dedication to learn, so keep at it!

If you don't want to do the job yourself, or feel like you can't learn how to model, you could always request that someone model the character (or in this case ship) for you. Most modelers aren't going to model for something that isn't going to be used in a scenario, however. Keep all this in mind.

Good luck!
    posted 21 July 2007 08:08 PM EDT (US)     671 / 2500  
    thank you!

o and can you tell me if there is anything out there that can teach me how to use gmax?
    posted 24 July 2007 08:35 AM EDT (US)     672 / 2500  
    @Mordanticus

try this: http://www.simviation.com/gryphon/tutorials/gMax_00.htm

posted 24 July 2007 08:15 PM EDT (US)     673 / 2500  
    The Anubite's jump is made up of three animations, take off, jump, land. How do I create my own three part animations. I already have the models, I just need to figure out how to word the data or animation or whatever to use all three in the correct order.
    posted 24 July 2007 09:30 PM EDT (US)     674 / 2500  
    @Beng-Just look in the anubite anim file, and you will see jump, take off, and land.

@Freezo-There could be two problems.
    1. You deleted the isolated vertices when you removed the faces. When it asks you "Delete isolated vertices?" Say no.
    2. This may be the case, and it is unfortunate. The export scripts are not perfect, so the UV may get messed up. The solution is fairly simple. In gmax, and the modifier unwrap UVW. Click edit, and you will see a bunch of verts and lines. Click on one, and then click the red plus. It should expand the dots so more are selected. Move the section to the side. Do this until all you have left are idle dots. Delete all of those dots, and then put the rest of the stuff with lines back.(sorry i dont know my terms well). Then export, and it should work BUT(this is the unfortunate part) if you deleted the faces, even if you kept the isolated vertices, it will not export. You will have to make the model all over, and change the UV first, then delete the faces. Lets hope the first option is what was wrong.

Check out all of the mods I made here

[This message has been edited by MythicRuler (edited 07-24-2007 @ 09:37 PM).]

posted 24 July 2007 11:01 PM EDT (US)     675 / 2500  
    That isn't exactly what I was getting at. I have created a werewolf unit that stands upright, but I want it to run on all fours, so I was hoping to make it so it lowers to four feet before walking, and raises back to two feet when it is done. So I have a raising and lowering model. Does anyone know how to string these animations together?
    « Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 25 26 27 28 29 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 80 ··· 90 ··· 100  Next Page »
    Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Modding and Scripting » Have a Question? Post it Here!
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames