Hall of Wonders - Role Playing & Creative Writing
Moderated by ChowGuy, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Treasure Hunt – IC thread
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 17  Next Page »
posted 03-27-06 03:13 PM EDT (US)   
This is the IC (In Character) thread for Treasure Hunt. Please Keep any long OOC (Out Of Character) messages out of this thread.

This first post that will be on the top of every page, I will use to keep track everyone’s hp spells prepared/spells per day left as well of any condition or spell that affect the characters.

Useful links:
The official e3.5 D&D rules
The Giant Trilogy rules changes and additions
Character thread

Turock:
Hp 51, AC 21, longstrider (3h)
Prepared spells:
Level 0: Mending, read magic, detect magic
Level 1: Bless, protection from evil, shield of faith
Level 2:

Zaaszee:
Hp 43, AC 23

Rane Valnor:
Hp 30 (31), AC 23, mage armor (1h)

Morgalad
Hp 31, AC 19

Karr:
Hp 52 (56), AC 20
0)-Detect magicx2, read magic, purify food and water, light
1)-shield of faith, bless + longstrider (domain)
2)-bull's strength + Remove paralysis (domain)

Nershat:
Hp 26, AC 19, mage armor (5h)
Spells/day left:
Level 0: 6
Level 1: 1 (7)
Level 2: 4 (5)

Thorin:
Hp 35 (37), AC 17

Tarok:
Hp 28 (29), AC 18

Map showing the area around Zooryn and the Ruin the Party is on their way to (resize it to full size):

http://i3.tinypic.com/w7xy8l.png

Enemies currently in fight with party:

Kris Lighthawk
Creator of Lighthawk's mod

[This message has been edited by Kris Lighthawk (edited 08-06-2007 @ 06:14 PM).]

Replies:
posted 03-27-06 03:23 PM EDT (US)     1 / 502  
Turock Ironfoot was studying the last of the posters he had been hanging up all over Zorryn earlier this day. The poster said:

ADVENTURERS WANTED!!

ARE YOU LOOKING FOR AN ADVENTURE?
IS KILLIING EVIL GOBLIN SCUM SOMETHING YOU LIKE?
WOULD YOU LIKE LOTS OF GOLD AND OTHER TREASURE?

If you can answer yes to any of those questions, then meet me in the private dining room in Silver Dragon Inn at sunset.

Turock Ironfoot

Turock looked out of the window, the sun was almost setting so it couldn’t be lone before the first adventures would come. If anyone was coming at all…
Turock surly hoped so, this quest was more then he and Zaaszee could handle alone, and he would hate to have wasted his time with those posters.
Renting the private dining room at the Silver Dragon Inn also had been quite expensive, money that would be wasted if the quest wasn’t a success. The Silver Dragon In east the largest and most expensive Inn in Zorryn, but it was also the only one with a private dining room, and Turock didn’t want anyone to overhear the plans for the quest.
The dinning room was fairly large with a large table with 20 chairs around it. Turock didn’t hope that many chairs would be necessary, 20 would be too many to share with… 6-10 would be an ideal number for this kind of quest.

Zaaszee was waiting with Turock. His large axe stood in the floor leaning against the table, while Zaaszee was making himself comfortable in his chair by placing his feet on the table and tipping the chair back on two legs. Fortunately the chair had an “open” back that made it possible for the big Lizardman to find room for his large tail.
Unlike Turock, Zaaszee wasn’t nervous at all. He knew his friend was good at making this kind of arrangements and trusted that Turock would make everything work one way or another.

Kris Lighthawk
posted 03-27-06 05:54 PM EDT (US)     2 / 502  
Morgalad had heard the rumors of the city, listening quietly from everybody else. As a city, it was full of crows, so he had to be somewhat discerning, as crows are fairly territorial against ravens. But he could speak their language, and they seemed to have something of an understanding with him. He did not need to speak the languages that any of the mammals in the city knew, although he could certainly understand them. When he saw the sign for adventurers, he had made note to return to it at sunset to see if anybody showed up. Right now, he was perched on top of a roof of a building, watching. Maybe somebody with a druidic affiliation would show up. Actually, on second thought...

-Heir to Beleriand, Heir to the Silmaril, Chosen of Illuvatar-

GM of the Glory of the Past Middle Earth Roleplay Thread

Creator of the New Keepers Campaign
posted 03-27-06 07:05 PM EDT (US)     3 / 502  
Rane Valnor wandered the streets of Zorryn with little intent. He was typically very driven, but this was one of his few moments spent away from a ki-enhancing excursion. Recently he had participated in one during which he had learned and mastered new ways to inflict damage with his hands, even magical ones.

Now he was collected and quiet, as was typical. He carried on him all that he needed to survive in any type of environment while staying completely lightweight and mobile. If a monk was unable to move through a full range of movement, they were as good as unarmed. He carried no weapons but for a pouch of shuriken, or throwing stars, but his true weapons were his hands and feet themselves.

A true warrior need not clad himself in armor and carry long, sharp blades to be able to slay his opponents, whatever they may be. Rane was confidently as effective with a single strike of his hand as an experienced warrior was with a longsword.

When he came upon the sign posted by some fellow named Turock, he was somewhat skeptical. He didn't usually associate with simple treasure-hunters and other such greedy creatures, especially since oftentimes they aligned themselves with chaos, but he had found in the past that once one gained another's respect, that person would be willing to make certain changes, at least in their respected one's presence.

In that way, Rane had a positive effect on travelers he came into contact with. There were very few that he simply could not abide by, though he was not particularly friendly towards elves in general, and this kind of adventure would help him test and improve his ki techniques if nothing else.

Making his way to the Silver Dragon Inn, which he had associated in the past with only well-to-do nobles and diplomats (who he had no love for), Rane paused at the door. He felt a little underdressed, wearing a simple, slightly-dirtied tunic. His silver hair was pulled back in a half pony tail, and it, too, was a bit grimy. But he would look presentable enough--most of the adventurers that would be in there probably hadn't bathed in months, and it had only been a few days for him.

Rane entered and found the room reserved for Turock Ironfoot. He entered, carrying himself with precision and grace that quickly labeled him as one that had devoted his life to the study of combat and discipline. There was a confident undertone to his walk that went unmasked--he had every right to be downright arrogant, though that was an attribute that he guarded against.

He stopped a few feet short of his hosts, for he was wearing his magic-aligned bracers and didn't want them to be brought under the influence of its faint but tangible wall of force that helped protect him even beyond his own natural defenses and abilities.

Knowing that this dwarf and his reptilian compainion were not likely to understand elvish or celestial, Rane addressed them in common. "Greetings, Turock Ironfoot," he said. He had the habit of greeting others with a bow, and he offered one now. "I am here to take part in the quest that you have advertised. I wish to train my ki and, for reasons that are my own, fight for a share of the treasure that awaits us."

Rane Valnor, Aasimarian monk.

[This message has been edited by Rane Valnor (edited 03-27-2006 @ 07:07 PM).]

posted 03-27-06 07:07 PM EDT (US)     4 / 502  
Karr: they found the small church locked and had to have some help from the military that were there to break open the lock for them so they could get in.

once inside they found the place dusty and unkept,it was obvious no one had been in the church for awhile.the other clerics got to work tidying up the place,while Karr told them he'd have a look around town,

but really he was headed to the Silver Dragon to find out about this "adventure" he had seen on a post in the town square.

along the way he enquired about the church to some people passing by and all they said was that the clerics from the church had left the town 'months' ago and that Karr and his group were the first to be seen in a while.

Finding the Inn, Karr stepped inside and found the room where the meeting was to take place,without asking,Karr opened the door and went into the room,upon seeing the Lizard, Karr's hand immediately went to his holy symbol and he readied a spell just in case,for this was the first time he had seen a Lizard man and didn't know what the Lizard would do.in his hasty movement of his hand,Karr's chain shirt {{clancked}} against the hilt of his greatsword,but his eyes never left the Lizard sitting in the chair.

People follow the light, blinded by just cause, but what has the light brought them? It has only caused me pain, while the darkness embraced me and kept me deep within its shadows away from my pursuers and made them suffer for their crimes against me
Into darkness, into night, amongst the shadows we shall fight!
-/X\( ++ ) /X\-L.E.D.- Hand of Malice-/X\( ++ ) /X\-
posted 03-27-06 07:11 PM EDT (US)     5 / 502  
Nershat look at the sign. While he didn't particularly dislike goblins, or money, his own coffers where almost empty, and the Silver Dragon was an expensive inn. He did however need the fame.

Nershat walked into the dining room, a location that he had known by scouting out the place the day before. He said to the dwarf, lizardman, and humans there,"Mind if I join you. I wouldn't fight a lizardman if I where you priest, they tend to be good at killing things in there own way."

Normality is a myth, made up by people who are afraid of who they really are.~~~kypjargon
Winner of the Moff Award for Insight That Will Likely Get the Wearer Shot One Day
Dedicated RPer

[This message has been edited by Pacifica2 (edited 03-27-2006 @ 10:38 PM).]

posted 03-27-06 08:17 PM EDT (US)     6 / 502  
Thorin and Tarok. Two very strange Dwaves which have let their passion of gold consume them. How knows were they have been or even what klan they are from. Their adventures have lead them Zorryn. The brothers have not found any honest eyes since aprching the town, being covered in dark green cloaks did not help them any. But now a fliyer lies in front of there eyes.

Thorin
Well bro what ye think? Could it be a trap? Turock Ironfoot? Almost like ye name....Well it's Dwarven for that matter.

Tarok
It couldst be a trap, but look here its says there'll be lots of gold and treasure,I think it be good deal, considering the fact tee Silver Dragon Inn is very expensive

Thorin
Ya maybe....but don't forget whom is after us, nor what our goal is....
A sranger passes by, human, most likly born in Zorryn, you could tell for he carried no vaulables, but yet was dressed quite nicly.
Ya we better be heading out of this town, nothing intresting here.
The sun was begain to set and the brothers headed for The Silver Dragon Inn.

OK we'll sit by the window and see what is this place.

Demos "The Titain of Dread"
It is said that humans use only 10% of there brain....whos useing the other 90%?

"only when you die will allotment knowledge be gain, for when you die you will know how to live."

"The real battle is for your mind."

[This message has been edited by DemosCell (edited 03-28-2006 @ 10:26 PM).]

posted 03-27-06 10:17 PM EDT (US)     7 / 502  
That is they, Morgalad thought. He then realized that his own plan wouldn't work: he could not send in an illusion to do the talking for him, because he could not hear what would be said. They had a secret room inside of the in. And he could not simply go into the inn himself - as far as they would know, he was just an ordinary bird. Besides, Morgalad was more than a bit claustrophobic. Instead, he memorized each of them as they went in, and would be sure to note when they came out.

posted 03-28-06 05:25 AM EDT (US)     8 / 502  
Turock had enough experience with monks to know one by the self-assuring way the usually carried themselves. He also knew that although they might seem a little ridiculous, they were in fact a living weapon and just as dangerous in combat as a mighty warrior. He also knew that only a monk with a good deal of experience could master the ki strike.

“Greetings monk, I am sure you will get plenty of opportunity to use your ki strike on this quest. Take a seat, I will explain what the quest is about when everyone who wants to join have come.”

Another human entered the room, at first he looked like a warrior, but Turock noticed what looked like a holy symbol around his neck. The Human obviously didn’t expect a lizardman because he looked shocked by the sight of Zaaszee and grasped his holy symbol and looked ready do cast a spell.

Zaaszee was used to that kind of reactions and was only slightly amused. Despite that he was speaking common his reptilian vice sounded a little strange.

“Don’tz Worry, Human, I won’tz bite you” He said with a smile that showed his many pointed teeth.

A third human entered and asked to join, and then told the cleric (?) not to start a fight with Zaaszee.

“Lots of humans” Turock thought “but that’s only to be expected in a town like this one”
This third human was carrying little weapons and no armour, but he didn’t look like a monk. “Probably a magic-user of some kind” Turock thought. As most dwarves Turock didn’t have much trust in arcane magic or those that was using it, but Turock had worked together with enough magic users to know that they could be extremely useful now and then, so he was happy to have one along on this quest.

“You are all welcome” he said. “Please take a seat I will tell you about the quest when everyone that want to join is here… ”

Kris Lighthawk
posted 03-28-06 03:29 PM EDT (US)     9 / 502  
KARR

another human came up and stood by him and stated that it would not be wise to attack a Lizardman.....Karr looked in the humans direction for a moment then back at the Lizardman,he relaxed alittle when he noticed the Lizard just sat there and looked back at him,

he didn't intend to make the first move,but from the armorless humans words he must have looked like he wanted a fight to the others who were watching,so he took his hand off his symbol and took a seat

Karr was impressed by the size of the Lizard,it was slightly larger than he was,and Karr was accually glad to maybe get the opportunity to experiance a friendship with the Lizard

when the Lizardman spoke to him a smile appeared across Karrs face.....*this is what i've been seeking!*...Karr thought to himself,to get out of the stuffy church(not that he didn't like the church)and into the outside,see new things and meet other races.

He didn't mind the studying of scrolls and potions,but when the church asked if he would travel to the boarder town of Zooryn Karr jumped at the chance. the high priest was more than willing to let him go.they told Karr that he might start to fall behind the other young clerics and it would be best to get into the "field" so to speak.His father was a high ranking priest and was alittle disappointed at his progress....but incouraged Karr by telling him that some day Karr would find his 'place'.His father had given him the chain shirt that he had on and blessed him before he left the capital

Karr wanted more than anything to bring honor to his father and their name......he responded to the Lizardmans words as he smiled at the Lizardman, hoping to show that he was ashamed for his actions directed toward the Lizardman.

"Forgive me for my actions warrior,but it seems my ignorance has raised its ugly head before my manners did, My name is Soloman-Karr,but you can call me Karr. I seek to learn more of this quest and join if I am accepted."

Karr then turned to the armorless human and offered a greeting and thanked him for his rebuke

People follow the light, blinded by just cause, but what has the light brought them? It has only caused me pain, while the darkness embraced me and kept me deep within its shadows away from my pursuers and made them suffer for their crimes against me
posted 03-28-06 04:33 PM EDT (US)     10 / 502  
Rane nodded the greeting before taking a few steps to stand off to the side. He would not sit, but would rather stand as another test of self-discipline. Having a seat could be done by others and he didn't care, but for him, he would take this as one more opportunity to practice self-control and stand despite the fact that his feet were weary.

His face remained stonily unchanging while inside he found himself amused by the usage of incorrect grammar around him. Along with his monk training he had been taught many other things, and he was fully literate in reading a writing as well as speaking all three of the languages that he knew. Others did not take such care in things such as speaking that they deemed "minor," but Rane knew that speech was perhaps the most important key to understanding ones personality, a reflection of their goals and patience.

Presently, his largest concern with the growing group was getting them to become organized and efficient. He was extremely lawful and valued unity and honestly above all other things. There had been times where he had left a party simply because they weren't even making an attempt to make decision-making and combat more efficient so as to waste less time.

He honestly hoped that this would be different, and that signs of such would become apparent before they went charging into the dungeon, blocking off any chances of leaving without having to face challenges alone.

Rane wondered for a moment if anyone had guessed that he had celestial blood in his veins. It wasn't common to see an Aasimar, but it wasn't any more common to see features such as his and silver hair. It didn't matter to him, of course, but it would be curious to see if someone mentioned it.

He had not given his name either, he realized. Again, he didn't make any move to reveal it just yet. In time, he would, but he would rather go unaddressed in a group such as this.

posted 03-28-06 05:05 PM EDT (US)     11 / 502  
Well if it's a trap they are going overboard with it.....yet there are a lot of odd balls here. When we enter conceal your weapon, but keep smoke sticks close.

Thorin enters the inn (Tarok right behind him) The Dwarf seems uneased at the presents of so many, but once Thorin's eyes lie apound an other Dwarf, Thorin straitened his back and walk with his chest out.

Brother you should introduce us, since you have the familys good looks....

A pause came from Thorin at the mention of there kin

It is said that humans use only 10% of there brain....whos useing the other 90%?

"only when you die will allotment knowledge be gain, for when you die you will know how to live."

[This message has been edited by DemosCell (edited 03-28-2006 @ 05:32 PM).]

posted 03-28-06 06:21 PM EDT (US)     12 / 502  
Zaaszee Had cared little about Karr’s actions and he cared little about his excuses as well. It would take a lot more then sweet words to get his friendship. Being a creature of few words he just said:

”Name’z Zaaszee, you need to zpeek with Turock aboutz the queztz…”

Zaaszee studied the 3 humans… the cleric at least looked like he could handle himself in a fight, and an extra healer was always useful. The two others carried little armor or weapons and Zaaszee assumed that they were magic-users. He knew that magic-users could be dangerous, but they needed protection from fighters to be effective, and Zaaszee had little respect for their way of fighting that he found rather cowardly.

Kris Lighthawk

[This message has been edited by Kris Lighthawk (edited 03-28-2006 @ 06:23 PM).]

posted 03-30-06 07:52 AM EDT (US)     13 / 502  
As tarok walks in behind thorin he looks around wildly,once he sees there is no danger he calms down.Tarok walks to be at his brothers side.

Ello,I am tarok and this is my brother Thorin,We are here to talk about a quest that was posted.

posted 03-30-06 10:04 PM EDT (US)     14 / 502  
“Please take a seat” Turock said
“I will wait a little longer to see if more people shows up then I will tell you what the quest is all about”

Turock was happy to see that some Dwarves joining the quest. They surly didn’t look like typical dwarves, but that was only to be expected in a place like this. Typical dwarves seldom left their home, and were generally content to spend their whole life mining and smiting.

The sun was setting and the room began to become rather dark. Then a waiter and a waitress entered. The waiter carried two large pitchers and the waitress mugs enough for everyone.

“The finest ale in Zorryn, please feel free help yourself to some” Turock said and served himself a mug as soon as the ale was on the table. The Silver Dragon Inn did indeed have the best ale in town, but also by far the most expensive. Zaaszee liked any drink that contained alcohol, so he was quick to get himself a mug as well.
While Turock and Zaaszee was serving themselves, the waiter lid the candles in two many-armed candlesticks, and the waitress lid a number of oil lamps that was attached to the wall.

After having taken a large sip from his mug, Turock waited for the serving people to leave and then said:

”I am Turock Ironfoot. You are all here because you are interested in the quest I have announced.
Before I tell you what the guest is all about, let me make one thing clear: I will be leading this quest! I am a reasonable leader and I am always open for reasonable suggestions, but if I give an order I expect it to be followed!
Anyone that is not happy with this condition should leave now, before I tell more about the quest.”

Turock stopped talking and waited to see if anyone would leave…

Kris Lighthawk
posted 03-31-06 00:08 AM EDT (US)     15 / 502  
Nershat sat down in one of the chairs. He looked at the ale. He didn't really see the need to drink ale right now, so he just listened, in a half-sleeping state. When the dwarf, Turock began too talk, Nershat perked up slightly. No mention of the quest, just something the dwarf was asking. This was getting really boring really quickly. But he would wait it out, as the fame would be worth it by far.

Normality is a myth, made up by people who are afraid of who they really are.~~~kypjargon
Winner of the Moff Award for Insight That Will Likely Get the Wearer Shot One Day
Dedicated RPer
posted 03-31-06 03:55 PM EDT (US)     16 / 502  
Rane turned down the ale with a bit of disgust. Alcohol did terrible things to the body, going so far as to limit ones control over it as well as their mind. He had never sipped an alcoholic beverage and never would--as far as he was concerned, everyone should be the same, though he was not one to force others to do his bidding.

Order was important, but so were personal rights.

The dwarf, Ironfoot, announced that he would be the leader of the pary and that all of his orders were to be strictly followed, then acted as if he expected some adventurers to walk out right that moment.

It wasn't the following orders that had Rane worried about that--it was the fact that Ironfoot expected someone to leave. He himself would follow orders without question, though if they were stupid or chaotic in nature he was liable to protest.

For now he said nothing, only stood still and unmoving. His gaze remained fixed on Turock, unwavering and studious. He would need to understand this dwarf before the quest got messy with hundreds of goblins.

posted 03-31-06 09:28 PM EDT (US)     17 / 502  
KARR.

Karr just sat back in his seat and waited for the Dwarf to explain the quest alittle more,he just pasted on the alcohol for the present time and didn't take any.

posted 04-01-06 09:24 AM EDT (US)     18 / 502  
Tarok and Thorin both stared at the ale then at each other.

Tarok:
First one to down all the ale wins?

Thorin:
Your on

Both dwarves throw their mugs up to there lips and starts chuging.

Thorin:
Ha! You'll never bet me! Now cough up

Tarok with a discrased look on his face flips a coin to Thorin.

[This message has been edited by Tarok (edited 04-01-2006 @ 09:34 AM).]

posted 04-01-06 10:26 AM EDT (US)     19 / 502  
Turock was happy to see that least some of the people that had come was enjoying the free ale. Turock was tempted to join the two other dwarves in their little competition, but as a leader he had to appear restrained and controlled. Especially if he was to gain the trust of the three humans, who had not yet touched the ale. That was typical with humans, you never knew what they would do. Some humans wound have thrown themselves over the free ale with more greed than even the two dwarves, others (like these three) would treat it like it was poison…

Turock took large gulp of his ale and addressed the group again:

”Some of you may have heard about this: Groups of goblins have begun to attack trade caravans on the eastern road. Scouts have tracked them to the old castle ruin that lays to the north-east. The duke has promised a Reward of no less than 10000 gp to anyone that can bring proof that they has cleared the place of goblins.
I intend us to collect that reward, but the reward money is only going to an insurance that we do get something out of this. The ruin itself is said to contain great treasures, and I intend to find every one of them!
The ruin is also said to be haunted, but if the goblins can live there, it cant be that bad…
Everyone that comes with me will get an equal share of the reward as well as any treasures we find. Should anyone get himself killed, his share of the money will go towards getting him resurrected, or if that is not possible, his share will go to any family he have.”

“Any questions so far?”

Kris Lighthawk
posted 04-01-06 11:16 AM EDT (US)     20 / 502  
Sounds good to us.
posted 04-01-06 01:48 PM EDT (US)     21 / 502  
Rane maintained his silence as he processed the information. The dwarf had a good point in that nothing too powerful for a group of goblins to take out could inhabit the ruins, though it was also quite possible that they hadn't fully explored the place for fear of such creatures being disturbed.

The thought of treasure did hold some sway over Rane--magic items and weapons were good pathways towards becoming more attuned to even oneself. Only true skill could satisfy his apetite, of course, but magic was a good way of avoiding death before one was capable of doing without.

Rane wielded no weapons but his shurikens for ranged attacks, so he had no hope for finding some way of enhancing his attacks (nor did he want one)--only his ki could do that for him. But other things, such as the gloves, bracers, and boots he wore now, could be used and appreciated.

Still, he said nothing. He hadn't said anything since entering, and even then he had only offered a couple of sentences. Most of the party hadn't heard his voice--he had been the first to arrive. But that didn't matter, yet.

posted 04-01-06 06:48 PM EDT (US)     22 / 502  
Karr

Caravans being raided by goblins,Karr thought to himself,this could be the reason for the clerics disappearance,and goblins who take over a haunted castle,more than likely have "LARGER" companions to help them.......or.......the castle isn't that dangerous,but Karr was interested in being a part of this adventure and finding out what treasures exactly the castle was hiding........Karr just sat in his chair silently and watched how the others responded.

posted 04-02-06 09:00 PM EDT (US)     23 / 502  
Nobody asked any questions and they also seemed to like what they had heard so far, so Turock continued:

”It will take us the most of a day to reach the castle ruin, so we will start tomorrow one hour after sunrise. We will meet at the eastern at that time, anyone that is not there one hour after sunrise will be left behind!”

Turock looked over the assembled party.

”Now we just need to get to know each other a little better, so we know what to expect when we run into troubles. I would like each of you to tell your name and what skills you have. I will start with myself, so you know what to expect.”

“As you know my name is Turock Ironfoot. I have plenty of experience in doing this kind of quests. I am a fairly good fighter, but also a cleric. I mostly pray for spells that can enhance my fighting power, but any of those spells can also be turned into a healing spell. If that should not be enough, I also have this fully charged healing wand” Turock took a wand from his belt and held it so everyone could see it. ”So I should be able to keep you all in good health no matter how much fighting we run into… I am also fairly good at turning undead, and I can do it many times in a day, so even if the ruin is haunted, it should not be much of a problem.”

“The lizardman here at my side is my good friend Zaaszee. He is a mighty warrior, who can fight almost as well without his weapons as with them.”

With that last comment Turock stopped and looked at the others, expecting someone to speak up…

Kris Lighthawk

[This message has been edited by Kris Lighthawk (edited 04-02-2006 @ 09:01 PM).]

posted 04-02-06 10:17 PM EDT (US)     24 / 502  
Morgalad had seen enough adventurers to know more or less what he was looking at, and what their skills would be. Too many adventurers broke down into more-or-less traditional archetypes, and the raven was easily able to identify the Human monk, warrior-priest, and the two Dwarven thief-type creatures. Only the last type was non-standard, but they were still fairly common. Archetypes didn't really go all of the way, but they certainly fit a lot of adventurers: the tricky illusionist Toris, the roguish Majendell, and not to mention Alethiel herself, more or less what one would expect knowing she was both an Elf and a Druid.

What Morgalad had not seen, however, was the person or people organizing this quest. He would want to see them. He resolved in his mind that he would have to follow somebody when he came back out again, and settled on the Human priest. Not only would the priest be the least likely to notice him, he figured, but if he did, he would likely have an easier time explaining himself, especially if the priest had an understanding with those of Druidic affiliation. If he did not, then Morgalad probably would not be greatly interested in the quest anyway. But Goblins, Goblins were something he wanted to know about, and who would know better than his relatives? After all, anything in the Corvus genus would be opportunistic scavengers.

He hopped over to one of the nearby building corners and addressed a crow standing on the street below.

"Hey, down there! Do you know of any Goblin activity in the area? There may be some good eating in it for you if you can help me!"

posted 04-03-06 10:36 AM EDT (US)     25 / 502  
I'm Thorin Ore and I do not speek your human tounge. I am a skilled in trap finding, disableing, and moving silently. I am also a skilled archer, with high consitution and high intelligince. In battle I will use my wits to concure our enemies.

Tarok please translate for them.

posted 04-03-06 03:54 PM EDT (US)     26 / 502  
OOC: DemosCell, all playable races are able to speak Common.

IC:
Rane finally allowed himself movement, and he took a step forward to introduce himself. For one having been so quiet, his voice came firmly when called upon. "I am Rane Valnor, and I am a wielder of ki, a monk. My actions speak for me, but you will find that I am deft at evading and dealing out blows, as well as getting into position to do so with or without detection or resistance," he said, hinting at more than one thing which each phrase he chose and placed.

He took a moment to regard the others that had spoken. It was encouraging to see a fully charged healing wand as well as more than one cleric--magic was a necessary part of combat in this age, whether it be the more apparent magic that sorcerors and wizards used or the more hidden and yet just as potent ki that he wielded himself.

The monk returned to being still once again after stepping back into the place where he had been before his introduction.

posted 04-03-06 06:33 PM EDT (US)     27 / 502  
" I am Nershat, a sorcerer. I am able to use many offenive spells, and also have a wand and a couple of scrolls. should we need much heavier firepower. I have several items on me that will allow me to avoid blows, or absorb them better than you think...", Nershat said, standing, then sittin.

Dedicated RPer
posted 04-03-06 08:47 PM EDT (US)     28 / 502  
"Thorin is skilled in trap finding, disableing, and moving silently.he is also a skilled archer, with high consitution and high intelligince. In battle he will use his wits to concure thy enemy".

"For me i am skilled greatly in sneaking and hiding,
as well as agile in battle.I use a...lets say smooth fighting technique."

Tarok has a very serouse look on his face.

[This message has been edited by Tarok (edited 04-03-2006 @ 08:48 PM).]

posted 04-03-06 10:18 PM EDT (US)     29 / 502  
KARR

Karr waited untill the others had spoken,then he stood and said

"My name is Solomon-Karr,I am a follower of SHAUNDAKUL,and will aid this party when and were I can with healing spells and will also aid in close quarters combat

[This message has been edited by Accusync72 (edited 04-03-2006 @ 10:19 PM).]

posted 04-04-06 03:54 PM EDT (US)     30 / 502  
When Zaaszee heard that Rane was a monk, his respect for the man grew tenfold. He had never encountered monks before, but Turock had and had told Zaaszee about them. This man would supposedly throw himself into close combat without any weapons and armor. Zaaszee could only have great respect for anyone that would do such a thing, and the fact that he supposedly would do as well as any warrior fascinated the great lizardman. Zaaszee was himself able to fight very well without weapons and armor, but unlike him the human had no natural weapons and no tough scaly skin to protect him. Zaaszee could almost not wait to see the man in action.

“Dwarven rogues?” Turock thought to himself when Tarok had spoken. That was pretty unusual, although nor completely unheard of. Dwarves’ low height made it easier for them to hide, but most dwarves had no idea of how to move silently, Turock himself included.

It seemed like it was going to be a reasonable good party. Maybe not ideal but surely not bad either.

”I believe we got a good strong and flexible group here. We got plenty of people the can handle themselves in close combat, as well as some that can fight well some range. We got too good scouts in Thorin and Tarok, two healers and some strong offensive magic from Nershat. Those goblins are going to be in big troubles soon enough!”

Turock actually would have liked to have a wizard and a really good archer along, but you couldn’t always get everything you wanted, and at least the party would have plenty of melee power, and that was always a good thing.

”I believe we all know what we need to know now, so you can all do whatever you like now, just be sure to be at the eastern gate tomorrow one hour after sunrise.
If you like you can stay here and enjoy the rest of the ale with me and Zaaszee. The ale is already paid for there is no reason to let it go to waste.”

With that last remark Turock emptied his mug and served himself another one. This ale was really very good and it was Turock that had paid for it so he intended be sure to get his share.

Kris Lighthawk
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 17  Next Page »
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » Hall of Wonders - Role Playing & Creative Writing » Treasure Hunt – IC thread
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames