AoW2/SM Play By Email (Turn Logs)
Moderated by Timelord, Enginerd, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: This Land Is My Land - WL Match - jsroy, BE, Costa, SS, DS, Aus
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 6  Next Page »
posted 12-13-04 08:30 PM EDT (US)   
This is a WL match arranged by Dark_Shadow on my "This Land Is My Land" map, using the latest version.

Turn order moving from East to West:

Bockwith of the Dwarves - jsroy73 - jsroy73 at hotmail dot com
Herod of the Goblins - BruceEstrie - pbrousseau at hotmail dot com
Ormahck of the Orc - Costa - malteols1 at yahoo dot com
Genghis Frost of the Frostlings - saldan_shessair - shessair at tiscali dot dk
S. Pearlman of the Humans - Dark_Shadow - olesen007 at hotmail dot com
Anakof of the Elves - Ausaitis - ausaitis at mail dot ru
The King - AI King

Options:

Surrender - OFF
Allied Victory - OFF
Teleport Items - OFF
Buildable Teleporters - OFF (there are no regular teleporters on the map either)

Note: You need not kill The King before killing each other! He is there to add some spice to the game, but is NOT intended to require a cooperative effort in the game.

Good luck to all and thanks for playing! Please feel free to review the map when you are finished

First turn sent to jsroy73

Author of the following maps for AOWSM:

Version 1.4 - Race To Death: Rise Of Evil
Version 1.3 (also playable in 1.4) - Race to Death S&M - Walker's Crusade ====== This Land Is My Land ====== War In The Valley

Proud member of the Upatch Team

Replies:
posted 12-13-04 08:57 PM EDT (US)     1 / 209  
Day 1:

Arrived at a city where it's citicents where ready to fight for a good and worthy cause, my cause

ts

By the way, did you send an eMail with a link to this thread to every one? Because I received the game but dont remember having received the link here...

[This message has been edited by jsroy73 (edited 12-13-2004 @ 08:57 PM).]

posted 12-13-04 09:52 PM EDT (US)     2 / 209  
DAY 1 : Back home... and here to stay !!
2 mines are now under my flag.

TS

posted 12-14-04 11:24 AM EDT (US)     3 / 209  
Ormahck day 1

Arrived at the Hacienda.
Captured a fire node.

TS

posted 12-14-04 07:13 PM EDT (US)     4 / 209  
Anakof of the Elves

Today we enter a new cycle of life as there seems to be much unrest in the world.

The King grows strong in his tower and the forces of evil are ranging abroad.

We must be prepared to meet this evil and free the Elven nation from the blight that may consume the land.

TS

Thanks for setting up the game and good luck to everyone.

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."

Ernest Hemingway

posted 12-14-04 08:17 PM EDT (US)     5 / 209  
ts
posted 12-14-04 08:52 PM EDT (US)     6 / 209  
Looks like everyone found the link that I forgot to send

Author of the following maps for AOWSM:

Version 1.4 - Race To Death: Rise Of Evil
Version 1.3 (also playable in 1.4) - Race to Death S&M - Walker's Crusade ====== This Land Is My Land ====== War In The Valley

Proud member of the Upatch Team

posted 12-15-04 00:58 AM EDT (US)     7 / 209  
Another day with a little gain.
Today some guards aggreed to give the death node they were garding... well aggreed... heuu.... hummm... in fact, at a some point, they just stop to disagree... you should see my wonderful new Shaman's tooth necklace !

posted 12-15-04 04:06 AM EDT (US)     8 / 209  
S. Pearlman, day 1

Today I arrived in the beautiful countryside. Being the well-known wizard I am, my powermongering mind started to work:"This is truely a nice land....perhaps I should start exploring it some more"

I noticed a city in the horizont and set pace against it....a magnificent town called Blackwater Cove, crowned with a beautiful tower. I was welcomed to the town by large number of cheering townsmen - this is really a boost for my selfconfidence

I enter my chambers to relax a bit, when a fine warrior approaches me.....he tells me, that he is willing to serve me and round up some good soldiers to help me in my cause - I canīt concentrate on what he is saying, because the young maid has just entered my chamber....What a knockout!!

I send Thorgul, Drogur or what his name was on his way:"Go and make me proud, soldier! I need to get the journey out of my bones. Young maid - fetch me a bottle of wine and prepare my spongebath!"

Thorgran, which is his name, leaves the chamber shaking his head....he knows that this new Lord is going to be an expensive aqquintance...better send of some men to take control over the nearby windmills.

And then he decides to lead an attack for some useful ressources nearby, guarded by a group of Drow Elves. The battle turns out to be a bit more bloody, than expected. Thorgran orders his men to concentrate on the Executioner and the swordsmen....but in the background a very skilled archer mess up the party. Equipped with a black spear and 3 arrows each turn, he does a great deal of damage to my men...ending up with killing two crossbowmen (dealing out damage 12 in one shot!!!)

In the end we are victorious and Thorgran adds 2 killings to his tropheechamber. And now a tough decision - should I go for the wooden fence or a even bigger and more pretty tower?

[This message has been edited by Dark_Shadow (edited 12-16-2004 @ 09:16 AM).]

posted 12-15-04 04:12 AM EDT (US)     9 / 209  
And btw - thank you, King David, for taking the time to set up this game
posted 12-15-04 03:10 PM EDT (US)     10 / 209  
Ormahck day 2

Got me some useful production resources.

TS

posted 12-16-04 03:30 PM EDT (US)     11 / 209  
S. Pearlman, day 2

Ahh - the night has been warm and long....the wine tasted so good, that I had an urge for more. I was fortunate to have the chamber-maid, Gertrud, by my side all night - then she could fulfill all my wishes

Actually I donīt feel like getting out of bed today - why bother. Iīm sure that Thorgran-guy will take the necessary decissions.

And so the good Pearlman tugs himself in the bed and rolls on the other side to sleep some more.....

In the meantime, Thorgran rounds up his outfit. A scouting halbardier has taken control over a watchtower - and from the top of the tower he sees some interesting things.

Thorgran orders his men to move west - it seems there is some kind of hospital in the horizont.....some of the men still bears scars and wounds from the battle with the drowes and are in critical need of a pair of healing hands.

TS

[This message has been edited by Dark_Shadow (edited 12-17-2004 @ 02:58 AM).]

posted 12-16-04 05:06 PM EDT (US)     12 / 209  
Anakof of the Elves

This tiny spit of land on which our stronghold has been build has some useful building material and we will soon be adding to our fortifications.

One brave lad has been sent to scout the distant forests, we will hold our hope high for his return.

TS

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."

Ernest Hemingway

posted 12-16-04 06:25 PM EDT (US)     13 / 209  
ts
posted 12-16-04 06:39 PM EDT (US)     14 / 209  
Sorry, I seem to have caused a reset of game as I had alot of different email games in the Inboks of the game. I deleted them and placed the next turn from the email I recieved. This seems to have caused the undertsanding of me cheating by the game. Hope this is what caused it or I have no clue.

~Saldan Shessair

posted 12-16-04 09:41 PM EDT (US)     15 / 209  
TS (log later if time...)
posted 12-17-04 03:57 PM EDT (US)     16 / 209  
TS
posted 12-20-04 02:40 AM EDT (US)     17 / 209  
Hi everyone,

The turn is with me and I will take it tonight.

I have been experiencing some problems with my hotmailaccount, (described here http://aow.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=29,4487,0,60
and havenīt been able to download my turns. I have asked SS for a resend and I will hopefully get it today.

Sorry about the delay
DS

[This message has been edited by Dark_Shadow (edited 12-20-2004 @ 02:47 AM).]

posted 12-20-04 04:59 PM EDT (US)     18 / 209  
Hotmail causes me problems and then I srew up my account when I changed my email address.

But now everything is fixed (thanks to Swolte and Nojd)

Please use the new email in my profil from now on.

posted 12-23-04 05:20 AM EDT (US)     19 / 209  
S. Pearlman day 3,

I gaze out of my window in the tower to see what my men are up for.

Thorgran is floating on the water taking a magic relay from the King....I am amused by this show of skill

Now, there are two towns - one to the north and one to the south....but they are heavyli defended, so I donīt know if I should order the attack or not I need wine, so I can think!!

A couple of the city kids come rushing into my chaimber, all of a sudden.....they have found a small orb, which reveals the position of the King!! He looks strong and I sincerely hope, that El Maestro will be heading west and not east

TS

Then the turn finally came through to me

posted 12-26-04 03:07 AM EDT (US)     20 / 209  
Anakof

Word of the King has reached us and we have seen his mechanations, time enough...

TS

Ernest Hemingway

posted 12-26-04 03:18 PM EDT (US)     21 / 209  
Hello Ausaitis, could you send me the game to

jsroy.roy AT gmail.com

Because my hotmail does not allow me to download the file.

Thanks!

posted 12-27-04 05:17 PM EDT (US)     22 / 209  
Hi jsroy, have you received the turn I sent to your Gmail account?

Ernest Hemingway

posted 12-27-04 06:01 PM EDT (US)     23 / 209  
Hello Ausaitis,

No, I have not. I received the game High Tides on dec 26 but did not receive this one. I will ping you from my gmail to be certain you have the correct adress.

Thanks

[This message has been edited by jsroy73 (edited 12-27-2004 @ 06:03 PM).]

posted 12-27-04 06:17 PM EDT (US)     24 / 209  
Resent

Ernest Hemingway

posted 12-27-04 06:29 PM EDT (US)     25 / 209  
Thanks

Received it. Played it. Enjoyed it

ts

posted 12-28-04 01:47 AM EDT (US)     26 / 209  
jsroy73 : Turn received at my "former" hotmail email.
Please resend to the email in profil.
The reason is Hotmail won't let me download nor forward AoW attched file.

Thanks

posted 12-29-04 11:28 AM EDT (US)     27 / 209  
Ormahck day 4

No battles today, but tomorrow I will go for a second city.

TS

posted 12-30-04 04:41 PM EDT (US)     28 / 209  
Anakof of the Elves

The warriors gather at the edge of our small forest with the intention of taking a small village, it seems a shame our brothers would not join our cause willingly!

TS

Ernest Hemingway

posted 12-30-04 04:44 PM EDT (US)     29 / 209  
Still to weak to capture any city. My time will come.

ts

posted 12-30-04 10:41 PM EDT (US)     30 / 209  
A slow start... but we managed to capture a earth node (always costly for ground troups...) and powerful infidels still around I shall get them tomorrow.
posted 12-31-04 05:20 AM EDT (US)     31 / 209  
Ormahck day 5

Captured my second city.

TS

posted 01-02-05 07:03 AM EDT (US)     32 / 209  
S. Pearlman day 4 and 5,

My brave men are wandering in the countryside after they have received some healing. In the horizont they can see the proud city of Westridge.

We come towards the gates well defended by 3 crossbowmen and 2 halbardiers. Tholgran walks up and knocks on the gate....they seem to be friendly - for the price of 550 goldcoins!!

Well, as long as my name is S. Pearlman Iīm not going to waste that much money on a couple of defenders...I also have my wine to think of and it doesnīt come cheap in these days with war!!

I order Tholgran to take the city with power.
"But my lord - we are almost equal in numbers and they are fortified behind the wooden wall....." Tholgran says.

"Bahh, and so what. I have enchanted some of the men and will aid you in the battle with my magic expertise...Attack I say!!!Now!"

Full of fear Tholgran leads the attack....crossbowbolts fly around his ears hitting the men and he soon gets busy doing some healing. But my men stand firm and Jack, the finest crossbowman in my army (and the only one) takes down 2 defending crossbow-men.

Tholgran himself uses the ability to climb the city walls, and adds 2 kills to his tally. In the end a horseman had to surrender to death, but Westridge is now under S. Pearlman control.

And then Mother Nature herself appeared and asked me to raze a watermill....hate that woman!

TS

I had two restarts because I played turn 4 on my friends computer - and then turn 5 on my own.

posted 01-02-05 06:07 PM EDT (US)     33 / 209  
Anakof of the Elves

We have a small reward today and the nymphs had much fun, all in all a quiet, but interesting day.

TS

Ernest Hemingway

posted 01-03-05 08:45 AM EDT (US)     34 / 209  
I got lost in the caves, but now we are regrouping to capture a watch tower... hihihi.

ts

posted 01-09-05 01:04 AM EDT (US)     35 / 209  
jsroy73: Could you resend please.
posted 01-12-05 01:03 PM EDT (US)     36 / 209  
Ormahck day 6

Got a quest by the Spirit of War.
No sign of the Kings forces yet...

ts

posted 01-14-05 07:51 AM EDT (US)     37 / 209  
S. Pearlman,

Iīm ordering my troops to go south....why - I donīt know, but I guess it is better, than they just hang around doing nothing.

TS

posted 01-14-05 04:09 PM EDT (US)     38 / 209  
Bockwith,

My troops are running in circles. In a couple of turns, this will probably change.

ts

posted 01-15-05 11:26 AM EDT (US)     39 / 209  
Ormahck day 7

Preparing for a Quest. Hopefully I can manage next turn.

TS

posted 01-17-05 03:33 AM EDT (US)     40 / 209  
S. Pearlman,

Well to be honest - not much happened this day (which means, that no blood was spilled) One of my scouts came upon a shipwreck defended by 3 pirates....

I think it is the old Pearlman Luxus Yacht and I really need to reclaim it....."THORGRAN!! Take your best men and bring me back that ship"

Thorgran knows there is no point in debating this crazy old man and turn his brown steed in direction of the wreck.

In the east one of my men stumble over an interesting stone....when he touches it, a magical spirit appears and he spawns some infidels in my area - Great!

TS

[This message has been edited by Dark_Shadow (edited 01-17-2005 @ 03:47 AM).]

« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 6  Next Page »
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW2/SM Play By Email (Turn Logs) » This Land Is My Land - WL Match - jsroy, BE, Costa, SS, DS, Aus
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames