You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

AoW2/SM Play By Email (Turn Logs)
Moderated by Timelord, Enginerd, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: #Aow:SM Random 4_6_UGL (BB-Ink-Un-Wsk-ark-Rhn)
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10  Next Page »
posted 06-16-08 10:56 AM EDT (US)   
This is a large map generated randomly and heavily tweaked for six players. The wizards positions are not symmetrical but I did certain modifications for a better balance. Some of you may find yourselves close to each other but as long as you don't want to go for war at once, there're many other options to expand your empire.

The underground is heavily modified as the original random map blanked most of it. If you are blocked from each other on the surface by river or mountains, underground will be a large battle field. I have a feeling that most of the combats will take place down here.

As I want the map to have a strategic style, there are many strategic points on the map (both surface and underground) where one single stack can defense many stacks of the enemies.

Although, I took balance to be the first priority, the map is pretty much made from random map generator with only few hours of tweaking and it was not play tested. Therefore I can not guarantee a perfect balance.

The map is epic with many structures. However, I still give each wizard a pioneer at start. Build outpost is on, so feel free to amass them if you think you need to.

Feedback and comments on the map are welcome.

================
Game options:

Build Outpost: On
Surrender: Off
Item Forge: Off
Allied victory: Off

================
Turn order:

1.Bluebaby: Archons with Scholar (redhaven12 at googlemail.com)

2.Inkognito: Halflings with Explorer and Decadence (t_zobbe at yahoo dot dk)

3.Charx: Undead with Conqueror (charx at gmx dot net)

4.Unnapu: Tigrans with Expander (unnapu at gmail dot com)

5.albinscott : Dragonians with Scholar ( albinscott at gmail dot com)

6.Rheno: Orcs with Constructor (pjvw at live dot nl) ibobs .... (ibobs at hotmail dot com naecO : nguyen dot huyhai at gmail dot com

***Note: I forgot to fill Rheno's address during ame setup, albinscott should send his turn to Rheno's e-mail address, not mine. Thanks !

================
I'd advise all the players to add your fellow players email address to your mail contacts. This will prevent your game turn from falling into spam folder or being blocked by your mail provider.
================

Good luck and enjoy !

Edit: Edited by Unnapu, with naecO's permission, to update Charx's entrance.

Edit: ibobs replaced Rheno on August 7th 2009

Edit: naecO replaced ibobs on August 24th 2009

Tired of manually receiving/sending your PBEM turns everyday ? Try out Dave's PBEM Wrapper!

[This message has been edited by naecO (edited 08-24-2009 @ 04:37 AM).]

Replies:
posted 06-16-08 11:15 AM EDT (US)     1 / 381  
Thank you naecO

Use a password in your PBEM games, and contact the Game Password Keepers.
posted 06-16-08 01:52 PM EDT (US)     2 / 381  
Indeed, thx Naeco
posted 06-16-08 08:01 PM EDT (US)     3 / 381  
I didn't really understand why we started a new game; but well...

Is it a blind game or not?
posted 06-17-08 04:52 AM EDT (US)     4 / 381  
Thanks Naeco, nice work! - Some inbalancies dont matter. There is no doubt that I will win this match because playing skills even it out in the end.

Inkognito, we are starting this game because you signed into random map games earlier. Perhaps you haven't followed discussion on this lately.

Orcs and Constructor, yes, this should be forbidden!

I'ld like to suggest that all put up some game password and send it to the collector address. (In particular I ask Washeek to do this to prevent the danger of his dropping out again. Nothing personal, Washeek! ) - Previous games have shown that newbies (including me!) tend to unintentionally open each others turns. A password can prevent this and help avoiding silly restart messages.

Archons, day 1

A nearby outpost joined us and our meadows look rich in resources.

Turn sent

[This message has been edited by Bluebaby (edited 06-17-2008 @ 05:01 AM).]

posted 06-17-08 01:11 PM EDT (US)     5 / 381  
Halflings, day 1

Nodes, villages, gold and mana, almost too many choices...

Took an abandoned Draconian village.
posted 06-18-08 03:04 AM EDT (US)     6 / 381  
Undead, Day 1

-Production resource located in a small group of orcs and a fight is inevitable.

-A watch tower with no defense captured in the north.

-Turn sent.
posted 06-18-08 08:48 PM EDT (US)     7 / 381  
Perses of the Tigrans - Day 1

TS to Washeek

posted 06-24-08 11:01 AM EDT (US)     8 / 381  
Well, apparently this one was dropped by the newbie too.
Do we forget about this one?
Start again with five players?
Find a sub?

posted 06-24-08 12:44 PM EDT (US)     9 / 381  
I can fill in the gap!
:: please, please ::
It would be my first pbem experience, but I really love this game and I'm looking forward to play it vs. non-AI.
I'm on-line everyday, with plenty time to waste... uh, to play, so no delays or drop outs are expected. Let me know.

[This message has been edited by albinscott (edited 06-24-2008 @ 12:45 PM).]

posted 06-24-08 01:35 PM EDT (US)     10 / 381  
Edit: Hello Albinscott,
The email you posted in the "Sign Up for Random Shadow Magic Games using 1.4 Patch" thread is not valid said Gmail.
There is none in your profile.

Never mind I was able to send it. Thank you for join.
I guess all players here will be ok.

[This message has been edited by Unnapu (edited 06-24-2008 @ 01:39 PM).]

posted 06-24-08 01:45 PM EDT (US)     11 / 381  
Great to see such a fast fix. Welcome to the game albinscott
posted 06-24-08 02:05 PM EDT (US)     12 / 381  
Agree! - Just as expected. I hope Naeco learns something from it.
Welcome Albinscott!

[This message has been edited by Bluebaby (edited 06-24-2008 @ 02:08 PM).]

posted 06-24-08 02:10 PM EDT (US)     13 / 381  
Thanks for the warm welcome and for letting me take this opportunity!
If the previous player wants to retake his place, that will be fine with me.

Meanwhile, I just have a couple of noob questions:

- The pc where I'm getting my e-mails is not the same where I play (my playing pc does not have internet connection). That's not a problem, is it? I'll just pass the file through a pen drive.
- I have UPatch 1.4 installed and that's it. No further maps, no mods, etc. Do I have install anything else? Do I have to uninstall UPatch to get back to official or base version?
posted 06-24-08 03:15 PM EDT (US)     14 / 381  
- The pc where I'm getting my e-mails is not the same where I play (my playing pc does not have internet connection). That's not a problem, is it? I'll just pass the file through a pen drive.

It's not a problem. Just make sure you keep in and outbox files seperated and use the same map all the time.

- I have UPatch 1.4 installed and that's it. No further maps, no mods, etc. Do I have install anything else? Do I have to uninstall UPatch to get back to official or base version?

Upatch 1.4 is all you need
posted 06-24-08 03:19 PM EDT (US)     15 / 381  
Albinscott, the ways you transport your files are irrelevant as long as the files don't get modified through them. But you get restart messages whenever you change the "base" where you are playing, meaning change computers for playing.

We are playing in UPatch 1.4, nothing else. So you should be fine. If you observe any priests disappearing or other strange observation, please contact us.
posted 06-24-08 04:16 PM EDT (US)     16 / 381  
Thanks for your help, guys.
Everything went fine, except that the in-game system was telling me that the next player would be something like nguyen dot something, can't remember. I've sent it to Rheno, instead :-)
I've added a password, that I'll forward to the Keepers, like Unnapu had suggested before.

Ambir - Draconians, day 1

Spent most of the time exploring the terrain around our town Moljonu. Captured a windmill and got some resources nearby. There's a small garrison up the road that already caught our greedy eyes...

TS to Rheno
posted 06-24-08 04:39 PM EDT (US)     17 / 381  
Skulkan, day 1,

A new day dawns, and with a new future. The Orcs have found a new warchief. One with great abilities and power. Our first dayy went great as we captured an outpost and some production recources. Elsewhere there is some troubling news as our scout ran into area guards. Let's hope he will survive the night.

PS: The restart was already there when I first opened my turn.

[This message has been edited by Rheno (edited 06-24-2008 @ 04:41 PM).]

posted 06-24-08 05:30 PM EDT (US)     18 / 381  
PS: The restart was already there when I first opened my turn.
Did you put a password in your turn? Do it to prevent it to happen in the future. In case the reason was that the previous player opened your turn by mistake.

posted 06-24-08 05:38 PM EDT (US)     19 / 381  
Well, that's the thing. albinscott was sure he did not open my turn. I installed a password so let's just see what next turn will do. Think it will be ok then.
posted 06-24-08 08:09 PM EDT (US)     20 / 381  
Agree! - Just as expected. I hope Naeco learns something from it.
Welcome Albinscott!
You were the one who was in a rush to have a game, weren't you? We are only responsible to set it up. If a player abandon the game, it's not the person who set the game up to blame, bluebaby.

Good for you guy to have found a new player right on time. Welcome Albinscott! I'll change the head post if you give me your email address here.

Tired of manually receiving/sending your PBEM turns everyday ? Try out Dave's PBEM Wrapper!
posted 06-24-08 08:27 PM EDT (US)     21 / 381  
Hello naecO, thank you so much for setting up these games! My e-mail, albinscott at gmail dot com

Unnapu, I didnt open but my own turn. I downloaded the file, transfered it from one pc to the other, opened the file, played the turn, created my own password and then pressed "End turn". The game went immediately to the opening menu. Then transfered the file back to the on-line pc and sent it to Rheno via e-mail.
There were no restart messages or any thing I'd consider abnormal. Can't understand what could have been wrong.
posted 06-24-08 10:28 PM EDT (US)     22 / 381  
Come on guys, there is too much tension in here.
Sometimes it is hard to express things such as jokes, sarcasm, etc. when writing in these forums.
Other times you are just trying to help and your words are misunderstood.
Most of us have english as second language and, because of that, very often use direct and unadorned sentences.

Let's try to get this game running, ok.
Edit: I have not won a game for a long time now and I think this is my chance with all the new players involved

[This message has been edited by Unnapu (edited 06-24-2008 @ 10:31 PM).]

posted 06-25-08 01:05 AM EDT (US)     23 / 381  
Please relax, Unnapu, I believe there must be space for some tensions, too. This is just normal for humans.
You were the one who was in a rush to have a game, weren't you? We are only responsible to set it up. If a player abandon the game, it's not the person who set the game up to blame, bluebaby.
Thinking about it, you are perfectly right, Naeco, please forget what I have said! I was just under impression that you have been eager to give Washeek this other chance. I would have advised him to proceed with a 1 on 1 in the first place and not put him in a group game. In fact I didn't wish to blame you for anything. Ok?

------------
There is one thing I really wonder about. When I try to make post after one before I get message "double post disallowed". I have seen other people making double posts, so is there some explanation for this? - "double post disallowed" is very unpractical!

Archons, day 2

Just wandering about. Discovered a Halfling town nearby and I wonder whether defenders are wise to demand such an amount of gold. We have other ways ..

turn sent

[This message has been edited by Bluebaby (edited 06-25-2008 @ 01:49 AM).]

posted 06-25-08 07:43 AM EDT (US)     24 / 381  
Halflings, day 2

It's such a beautiful land, I feel bad about disturbing the peace. Anyway, annihilated same Elves protecting a node and cleared a mine of Minotaurs.

Edit: Who do I send my password to? You know, just so they have it in case I die or something else preventing me from playing.

Also, I will be going away (without access to a PC) from the 27th to the 6th. I hope you can all accept the wait, if not then you will need to replace me.

[This message has been edited by Inkognito (edited 06-25-2008 @ 07:52 AM).]

posted 06-26-08 03:15 PM EDT (US)     25 / 381  
Perses of the Tigrans - Day 2

Movement. Next targets were too far to reach them today.

TS

posted 06-26-08 05:08 PM EDT (US)     26 / 381  
Ambir - Draconians, day 2

Second day didn't go that well: lost... a few troops... in a Graveyard. Damned undead!

TS

Edit 1: Inkognito, you can send your password to both e-mails referred on the top of the PBEM NEWS page, in this thread. I've already done that myself. No problem with me about the waiting issue.

Edit 2: Not sure if it was expected, but I got a restart message at the beginning of my turn.

[This message has been edited by albinscott (edited 06-26-2008 @ 08:47 PM).]

posted 06-26-08 05:38 PM EDT (US)     27 / 381  
Skulkan, day 1,

We Orcs had a good day as we captured a new village. Our scouts also located another village unprotected. We will reach it tomorrow. Elsewhere we let our hero rest as he is still wounded from last battle. tomorrow he will fight again.
posted 06-27-08 04:15 AM EDT (US)     28 / 381  
Archons, day 3

A circus is releasing some nice little units for us. Behind the mountains, our flyer has spotted seemingly undefended villages. We will see what is hiding there!

----
Of course we will not substitute because of a holiday, Inkognito. If everybody set up game passwords and play on same computer each turn, we won't get restart messages (unless of course for other reason).

[This message has been edited by Bluebaby (edited 06-27-2008 @ 04:16 AM).]

posted 07-07-08 10:48 AM EDT (US)     29 / 381  
Halflings, day 3

Those greedy Dwarves, they want an obscene amount of gold to join our peacefull kingdom. We will have to "negotiate" further.
posted 07-08-08 02:21 PM EDT (US)     30 / 381  
Ambir - Draconians, day 3

We keep scouting. Found a draconian outpost who asked for an acceptable amount of money to join our mini-empire, so we payed and welcomed greatly 2 newly enlisted units. Treasury will be a problem for the next days, as we have so little superavit.
posted 07-08-08 02:50 PM EDT (US)     31 / 381  
Skulkan, day 3,

Our empire is still rather fragile as small bands or my man scout the area. I, skulkan, myself had to participate in a fight. The outcome was victory on our side but I got heavily wounded. Also we lost yet another unit. It seems we are surrounded my mountains making good defence but scouting also more problematic.
posted 07-08-08 04:27 PM EDT (US)     32 / 381  
Archons, day 4

Two battles on one day!? - This is too much for my weak old heart! But we must make good progress in time and so I am chasing my people before me, who fear my thundering voice more than the enemy.
posted 07-09-08 01:26 PM EDT (US)     33 / 381  
Halflings, day 4

A Dwarven village has joined our small kingdom.
posted 07-10-08 01:57 PM EDT (US)     34 / 381  
Perses of the Tigrans - Day 4

A beautiful red dragon left Perses' castle today, advancing in north direction.
Evening fell and the night came when the scarlet creature reached the mountains. It is eager for blood and prey but for tonight it will rest on top of this peak.

TS

Edit: @Arkcheung: please try to avoid further Restart Messages. Thx.

[This message has been edited by Unnapu (edited 07-10-2008 @ 02:00 PM).]

posted 07-10-08 03:28 PM EDT (US)     35 / 381  
Ambir - Draconians, day 4

We made contact with Perses, king of the Tigrans. We wonder what his plans are, but already we try to negotiate...
posted 07-10-08 04:05 PM EDT (US)     36 / 381  
Skulkan, day 4,

We took another outpost today and with the income of tomorrow we should be able to build another outpost then. This should cover our basic income so we will be able to produce some soldiers.
posted 07-11-08 00:20 AM EDT (US)     37 / 381  
Archons, day 5

Finally we collected all the money to start off a new outpost. Also a new furnace was added to our developing economy.
posted 07-11-08 10:19 AM EDT (US)     38 / 381  
Halflings, day 5

When will the Draconians learn to protect their villages? Well, I don't mind really.

-------------------
I keep getting restart messages every turn.
posted 07-14-08 02:03 PM EDT (US)     39 / 381  
Perses of the Tigrans - Day 5

It is easier to explore this land from the sky. Thru the sharp eyes of my red dragon I am able to see many.
New targets, unexplored sites, mountains, rivers, piles of gold and mana left on the ground.

TS
I keep getting restart messages every turn.
The restart message you see is for your wizard?
I have seen a few of the Undead, but not for you, as far as I remember.
Is this happening to you in other PBEM games?

posted 07-14-08 03:13 PM EDT (US)     40 / 381  
Ambir - Draconians, day 5

We keep scouting the land, collecting a few crumbs of gold and mana here or there. This task is dragging on and on. "Oh, if only we had a Red Dragon..."
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10  Next Page »
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW2/SM Play By Email (Turn Logs) » #Aow:SM Random 4_6_UGL (BB-Ink-Un-Wsk-ark-Rhn)
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames