You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

AoW2/SM Play By Email (Turn Logs)
Moderated by Timelord, Enginerd, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Fight for Light v3 (naecO, Cressence, Oleg123, spazzz, ibobs)
posted 07-10-09 02:04 PM EDT (US)   
The players:

naecO - nguyen.huyhai [@] gmail [dot] com
Cressence - coachben [@] free [dot] fr
Oleg123 - oleg1996 [@] yahoo [dot] com
spazzz - spazkill [@] gmail [dot] com
ibobs - ibobs [@] hotmail [dot] com

Additional rules and settings:

• No spell trading between alliance members
  • The Shadowgod may use all he can think of to get his demons out sooner but must agree to NOT use the disband-animate Hero spell trick!
  • The Shadowgod is not allowed to have Saints in his army.
  • Allied Victory - Enabled
  • Surrender - Off

• Colors for your posts:
    [b][c=tan]Boldir, Day [/c][/b]
    [b][c=blue]King Roderick, Day [/c][/b]
    [b][c=00FF00]Llannovar, Day [/c][/b]
    [b][c=FFFF00]Meriadoc, Day [/c][/b]
    [b][c=000000]Shadowgod, Day [/c][/b]
    Please use the Game Password Keepers' service.

First turn sent to naecO, good luck!
    Replies:
    posted 07-10-09 08:43 PM EDT (US)     1 / 25  
    Boldir, Day 1

Waken up in a cold morning by a bad news is not a comfortable thing for a dwarf. Hanna and her frostling rider came to my hall with terrible news. The Shadow God is rising from the north-east. His wraith has already spread close to Alberon. I need to gather the alliance and call for forces before it's too late.

Bad news keep coming, Daviana and her goblins and dark elves are at the same time want to wage war against us.

We will need every single drop of resources in this dire days.

ts

Tired of manually receiving/sending your PBEM turns everyday ? Try out Dave's PBEM Wrapper!
    posted 07-12-09 05:50 PM EDT (US)     2 / 25  
    Llanovar, day 1

Winds bring foul smells from the North. We must hurry...
    There is gold in the rainbow end, after all. The leprechauns were nasty, but we managed to lose only one unit. Besides the gold, they were hiding a small ring
    ts
    [edit: forgot to setup password, next time...]

Spell check failed - not enough mana

[This message has been edited by Oleg123 (edited 07-12-2009 @ 05:51 PM).]

posted 07-13-09 05:57 AM EDT (US)     3 / 25  
    Meriadoc, Day 1

Today was productive day, to say the least.

TS
    posted 07-13-09 06:21 AM EDT (US)     4 / 25  
    Shadowgod, Diary of a Diety
    Dear Diary - It seems that some in the world tremble before the almighty Shadow God and FEAR! My own personal bad wind has spread as far as Llannovar already - I must congratulate my chef for his cabbage and prune stews. As to my so-called powerful amries and cities, everything is in disarray - my five greatest generals were having a sleep-over come slaughter-over for the local populace of the underground area and not only have they slept late and gambled away their pocket money, they have managed to go and get themselves locked in for not paying the tavern bills! Stupid creatures. Maybe I should punish them... now all I need to do is find a way to pay their tabs and we will be good to go. On a different note I think I am just misunderstood. I raise a few small armies to take out the local spider and bat infestations and the so-called "good" races go running about shouting as if I have declared war and and called a second darkness to the realms. It is all very distressing - why can't we all live in peace, black shrouded cities and eat our offspring before they grow up to challenge like good little tyrants??

Note to self - Maim the demon generals if they ever get out.
    Note to chef - Maybe the prunes were just a little too much to deal with...
    posted 07-14-09 07:38 AM EDT (US)     5 / 25  
    Boldir, day 2

Never in the last few hundred years that Dwarf has a lack of gold. It is a curse that we are so short in gold. The shadow god must the the source of all this.

- Vanquish him would solve our problem. Said Hanna.
    - That's right !

ts

Tired of manually receiving/sending your PBEM turns everyday ? Try out Dave's PBEM Wrapper!
    posted 07-14-09 04:52 PM EDT (US)     6 / 25  
    Llanovar, day 2

Oh, woe to you, Prunedriel,
    For your destiny was odd
    To become violated
    By sinister Shadow God

In forest silenced tunes
    Foul rains fill old pond
    Where sends his cry for Prunedriel
    One last lonely dying toad

Watching cabbage growing nohow one couldst guess
    Its later morphosis into ozone-unfriendly gas

Three of our sea commando units took over Life node and somewhat weathered, retreated back to safe waters. Another scout accountered a wise Elder who shared his insight on this land and asked us to transmit the message on to the other good races (will be done ASAP). The Elder proceeded to local watch tower, while the scout had to camp in the wilderness. The amount of patrols, berserks and guards around is not encouraging, we wonder where were all these in the last night? Might it be the first time we saw indies actually ignoring consealed troops?! No, it is a friendly patrol we just foolishly avoided... Then, in another peak of ignorance we positioned our another scout next to a group referenced as Area Guards who probably only by coincedence stood on a remarkable spot.
    The Spirit of Nature granted us a quest, but for that we lost two units and most of our army simply can't march on without throughout rest. We need healers, and we need them fast.

ts
    [forgot to setup password AGAIN, next time...]

[This message has been edited by Oleg123 (edited 07-14-2009 @ 05:10 PM).]

posted 07-15-09 06:26 AM EDT (US)     7 / 25  
    TS
    posted 07-15-09 07:57 AM EDT (US)     8 / 25  
    Shadowgod, Dear Diary
    Dear Diary, See what I mean about being misinderstood? The dwarves this turn have offered to varnish us - but while I appreciate the offer, my tables prefer to be dark and blood stained - the sunshine is not something to be reflected around a room full of my pasty faced friends. The elves however seem to have sent an apology for turning their noses up at our unfortunate gas by sending a nice poem about death and violation which was very nice of them. Maybe there is a chance of being friends after all, after they are dead perhaps. As to the state of the empire - well I just despair. The tavern keepers will really not release my generals for at least 15 days not matter how much I offer to maim, despoil or generally kill any of them or their families, it is just not cricket. Money income is needed.

Note to self - Frame the ditty from the elves
    Note re elves - Slay first, raise into undeath as slave race later.
    posted 07-15-09 09:53 PM EDT (US)     9 / 25  
    Boldir, day 3

The day is slow

posted 07-16-09 09:51 AM EDT (US)     10 / 25  
    Day 1,2,3,

Since I lost my diary book, It's hard to find time write some words.
    My forces split into 2 armies.
    the North one razed a city following an inspiring voice and collecting gold. Since I'm not with it, I discover they're not doing not so well and probably made a mistake !
    They captured a mine gold and follow their path to the North.

At south, my second army is entering the realm of dalvania.
    As we declared war, I decided to reinforce this army and set up a position on Delft.

A scout report an entre to the cave and a city. It might be interesting...

--
    Ps:I'm on holiday's and my connection is very bad reducing internet to essential...uploading and downloading turns...
    posted 07-16-09 10:57 AM EDT (US)     11 / 25  
    Llanovar, day 3

Well, none would expect three boars pass over a watchtower with yammy Elder inside and give up an opportunity to eat their way to him through its gate. The old guy took one of them, but the remaining two got the scout we mentioned yesterday. Well, one patrol joined us today, charging full price for their services.
    We saw a town taken by someone called names in local rumors and we believe we must take him down. That would need routing there most of our power, for now we positioned helthier of our troop next to smaller, but usefull targets.

As for Shadow God lazy approval, we salute him framing the chants, but ourselves we are not ready to be framed. We welcome talks of death as much as of life, and agree that these two can't be separated. On the other hand, we cant't agree if there is death after death. Maybe we will try to experiment, only once, please, Shadow God, you would make such a suitable subject!

ts

posted 07-16-09 12:42 PM EDT (US)     12 / 25  
    Huh? I opened turn and it was Shadowgod's? Resend please

[This message has been edited by spazzz (edited 07-16-2009 @ 12:43 PM).]

posted 07-16-09 01:08 PM EDT (US)     13 / 25  
    Re-sent. The file I've got when trying to open shows Meriadoc.
    My guess is the turn you opened was the old file you had before. Either I sent to you something irrelevant or you downloaded it not into EMAILIN but into EMAILOUT, for example.

posted 07-16-09 04:35 PM EDT (US)     14 / 25  
    Meriadoc, Day 3

Some movement.

TS

Yeah , my bad. I saved into EmailOut folder.
    posted 07-17-09 03:09 AM EDT (US)     15 / 25  
    Shadowgod, Day of Internal Reflection
    Dear Diary - A strange revelation came to me today, a revelation about the elf. These immortal beings, granted with skill and power to grace this fair earth, blah, blah, blah - and yet they seem to question the afterlife and whether it exists and in what form it exists. The revelation is that they do not stay alive through a blessing of immortality, but rather they dont have the faith to die. OK being a god myself (not THE God, just a god I have to add) I have a privaledged view point that I know what happens after death - you get risen into my armies thats what!

Anyway, enough reflection on that - the war effort is stumbling it seems already. My troops claim more of my gold than my coffers contain and thus they whine and bleat about going hungry. Well my reaper should take care of that in the next day or so after stamping on some spiders. The spirits blessed us today with a minor quest which was completed in due course and tomorrow we rule the world!

Note to self - Delusion is all well and good, but should be kept away from my generals, save they doubt my sanity.
    posted 07-18-09 09:09 AM EDT (US)     16 / 25  
    Llanovar, day 4

Well, it's tomorrow. I checked all the nets for news about undead rulling the world, yet there was nothing like that. But again, local spiders sometimes lag behind.
    It was a busy day so I had little time for my diary. Another node was annexed and yesterday killer boars were taken care of. We are heading into negative balance, so I was very glad yesterday when my scout spotted a lonely pile of gold, virtually invisible in dense vegitation. What a disappointment it was today when the vegetaion stepped ahead to protect its gold and made him retreat... Having no choice, tomorrow we engage in a bigger battle which is expected to provide us both with gold and glory and hopefully a nice gear too. At least we alredy enlisted enough healers to ensure a faster pace.
    ts

Interesting feature encountered - two halves of a party divided by type of movement were shown to advance one step farther than the whole party when the path was all the same for the both halves and the party awhole.

[This message has been edited by Oleg123 (edited 07-18-2009 @ 10:55 AM).]

posted 07-18-09 10:55 AM EDT (US)     17 / 25  
    Meriadoc, Day 4

Took a node, some resources and killed a patrol.

TS
    posted 07-18-09 02:07 PM EDT (US)     18 / 25  
    Shadowgod, Dairy Day 4
    Dear Diary - The elves (bless them) seem to think that "tomorrow" is a finite object - in their immortality they above all should realise that in fact tomorrow is a concept that some in this realm dont yet subscribe to - and until they do, the question of rulership will be undecided. At that point, we will rule the world (What are we doing tomorrow Pinky?)

Dear War Diary - we overcome some of our income problems but more are to be fixed in the coming days. New enchantments are coming thick and fast and our troops advance.

IS

PS Love the banter posts
    PPS I assume that mastery spells are not allowed?
    posted 07-26-09 09:14 AM EDT (US)     19 / 25  
    ibobs, for me, these are the best parts of the whole business

Llanovar, day 5
    Disgrunted swordsmen grimly saluted me from over the river as I went out of my tent this morning.
    "Where is my money?!", - cryed he then. "I do not get this green rush for just the honor of fighting the Shadowgod!".
    "Tomorrow!", - shouted I at him. "Yesterday you said tomorrow, now what?!", - he replied. "Oh, shame on you! Get custom to using some concepts! Now pick up your gear, and say hello from me to that stinky incarnate and his goth-in-violet friends!".
    ------------------------------------------------------------------ -----------------
    Surprisingly, none died on our side, so expenses are still way high, but spoils of the combat were rewarding and the troops will be fed well in the next week. Yet we really need to get to this renegade town...
    ts

Edit: I assume mastery apells are not allowed, too...

[This message has been edited by Oleg123 (edited 07-26-2009 @ 09:51 AM).]

posted 07-26-09 01:22 PM EDT (US)     20 / 25  
    TS
    posted 07-26-09 01:38 PM EDT (US)     21 / 25  
    Shadowgod, Day 5
    Dear Diary - We had a good and bad day today. Although our financial problems have been sorted out, the bad news is that King Wonderwick is approaching with a clenched fist it seems. He is trying to take our cave of knowledge before we can get there and find out where our heroes arrive... Well thats ok, we will know soon enough when they arrive because we will be able to smell the tavern on them no doubt. I hear now that they are earning their way our of the bar tab debt by washing dishes! How the mighty are fallen. We wonder if KW will fall fall our little greeting ambush...
    TS
    posted 07-29-09 04:11 AM EDT (US)     22 / 25  
    Bump
    posted 08-01-09 08:55 PM EDT (US)     23 / 25  
    I think I'd sent this one out before my internet went down. I will recheck it later though

posted 08-04-09 06:48 AM EDT (US)     24 / 25  
    Turn replayed and sent.

posted 08-11-09 02:17 PM EDT (US)     25 / 25  
    Whats happened to this game?
    Cressence??
    Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW2/SM Play By Email (Turn Logs) » Fight for Light v3 (naecO, Cressence, Oleg123, spazzz, ibobs)
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames