AoW2/SM Play By Email (Turn Logs)
Moderated by Timelord, Enginerd, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: YoLF - JamesEde, Hatifnat, Naeco, Rhomkar
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 5  Next Page »
posted 02-11-14 00:48 AM EDT (US)   
Step right up folks and see the big dukeroo, between these mighty titans of the game, JamesEde, Hatifnat, Naeco and Rhomkar. Yesiree, it'll be one heck of a slugfest, there is no love lost between these competitors. They'll all be out for blood in this here interesting map. I tells ya, it should be a fine match, so step right up, and buy yer ticket!

Presenting...

Ye of Little Faith, a map, by Nyarlathotep

What's the version, you may ask.

Well, I'll tell you.

Its...

ALL OUT F@#$ing WAR!!!

Ahem, excuse me for that.

The Players:

Lord Basquiaat, King of the Undead - JamesEde - jamieede AT gmail DOT com

Konzar Barhi, Hive Mind of the Shadow Demons - Hatifnat - panpawelek AT o2 DOT pl

Baron Xirnon, First Claw of the Draconians - Naeco - nguyen DOT huyhai AT gmail DOT com

Lady Indigo, High Priestess of the Archons - Rhomkar - xxbenxx AT gmail DOT com

Too lazy to do colours, sorry.

Uhhhh, standard rules, and all that. I turned outposts and surrender off, left allied victory off, all the other settings are the mapmaker's.

Enjoy... (Curtains raise)

[This message has been edited by JamesEde (edited 02-18-2014 @ 07:42 AM).]

Replies:
posted 02-11-14 01:06 AM EDT (US)     1 / 172  
Undead, Day 1

I awaken in my tomb. Gods, the place is a dump. I know its a tomb but can't my servants do a bit of cleaning? Well, I guess its cuz they're brain eating zombies, and they ain't too smart cuz the way that they got to be zombies was by having their brains partially eaten by other brain eating zombies, who they themselves were... well, its actually a long story so I'll spare you the details.

I digress... Oh yes, anyways, I woke up in my tomb, and the first thing I do is I go topside and talk with generals. I order them to kick the crap out of some other local undead in the area, who I guess didn't get the memo that I'M THE F@#$ING KING AROUND HERE.

Sorry about that, I get a bit worked up at times. Been kinda grumpy since I died. It'll do that to ya.

Anyways, they kick the crap outta these guys, and we pick up some hired muscle at the pub, then we go beat up on some darkelves sitting on a furnace nearby. They were all like "Hey cool it man, we're all evil here, we're all on the same side." Uhhh, yeah, well, we're all on same side now, because now you're dead too. Bloody hippie elfs.

Hehehe, bloody.

Well, that's about all we did for today. After that I took another look around this island here, then I had something to eat and went back to my tomb to sleep some more. Being a leader is exhausting.

TS

Good luck everyone! This looks like an interesting map, I'm looking forward to it.
posted 02-11-14 01:11 AM EDT (US)     2 / 172  
Forgot to add that I used the most recent email addresses I could find posted on the threads. If any aren't right let me know.
posted 02-13-14 03:09 PM EDT (US)     3 / 172  
Demons, day 1...

Pretty straighforward day... Command and consume.
posted 02-17-14 08:20 PM EDT (US)     4 / 172  
Sorry, I didn't receive the turn.
Please resend to the address in my sig.

Tired of manually receiving/sending your PBEM turns everyday ? Try out Dave's PBEM Wrapper!
posted 02-18-14 07:43 AM EDT (US)     5 / 172  
Sorry, my fault. I wrote Naeco's address backwards in the header. Also worried I wrote it wrong in the game setup...
posted 02-18-14 01:52 PM EDT (US)     6 / 172  
resent
posted 02-18-14 07:49 PM EDT (US)     7 / 172  
Xirnon day 1

We found ourselves on a swamp with litterally nothing on it. Further exploration indicates that we have to get the @*(#&@ out of there sooner than expected. Another path led to the cavern is also an option but too adventurous when we have no night vision units.

ts

Tired of manually receiving/sending your PBEM turns everyday ? Try out Dave's PBEM Wrapper!
posted 02-21-14 07:08 AM EDT (US)     8 / 172  
Archons, Day 1

We find ourselves on a small island with a few income structures. Soon, we will have to set sail and travel to new lands.

Turn sent
posted 02-21-14 10:09 AM EDT (US)     9 / 172  
Undead, Day 2

So apparently we can hire some special forces on a small island nearby. My old undead eyes must be pretty good to read a sign from across the water. We'll just start pinching our pennies and let our vampire build up the army. Today she seduced a human swordsman. Its not much but its a start. Plus we added a mine to our fledgling empire.
posted 02-24-14 06:34 AM EDT (US)     10 / 172  
Archons, Day 2

We captured a few income structures today.

Turn sent
posted 02-25-14 04:13 PM EDT (US)     11 / 172  
Demons, day 3:

After losing the core of my army, we are desperately trying to regroup.
posted 02-26-14 00:07 AM EDT (US)     12 / 172  
Uhm..
The quest ended before it starts..

ts

posted 02-27-14 07:11 AM EDT (US)     13 / 172  
Archons, Day 3

We'll soon have conquered the entire island. Then, we will have to set sail.

Turn sent
posted 02-27-14 08:42 AM EDT (US)     14 / 172  
Undead, Day 4

Captured another mine today, seducing the dwarf guardian to our cause. Soon we shall have an army strong enough to think of venturing off our island. But for now, there are still targets here to deal with.
posted 03-03-14 00:46 AM EDT (US)     15 / 172  
It looks like the decision of traveling on boat is not a good one..

ts

posted 03-03-14 05:52 AM EDT (US)     16 / 172  
Archons, Day 4

Another two successful battles.

Turn sent
posted 03-05-14 01:31 AM EDT (US)     17 / 172  
Undead, day uhhh, 5ish?

You know what the worst part of war in the middle ages? The walking. There were no forms of mass transportation, no boats, trucks, trains or planes back then. They had some horses but you had to be pretty well off to have one, so most soldiers just walked. And because you didn't always want to spread your cavalry too far from your main army, most of the time you all just moved at the same pace as your footsoldiers. You walked and walked and walked and it took so long to get where you were going you actually died of boredom. And that's how you get us, the walking dead.

Today we walked. Tomorrow... we are probably also going to be walking.
posted 03-05-14 01:32 AM EDT (US)     18 / 172  
Oh wait, there were boats.
posted 03-11-14 08:11 PM EDT (US)     19 / 172  
The naval voyage was not a nice one. We're weary and wounded.

ts

posted 03-12-14 10:32 AM EDT (US)     20 / 172  
Archons, Day 5

We are preparing our fleet.

Turn sent

Had to play this turn on another computer, that's why there's a restart message.
posted 03-12-14 02:24 PM EDT (US)     21 / 172  
Undead, Day 6

Still mostly walking. After reading all the problems with sailing, I'm not going to complain anymore. The acquisition of a furnace gives us enough money to hire a healer, and we should still be on track to hire our special units tomorrow, on fabulous day 7!
posted 03-12-14 04:37 PM EDT (US)     22 / 172  
ts
posted 03-12-14 08:19 PM EDT (US)     23 / 172  
There goes the boat! Four monsters teamed up on it out off the coast and the last thing we saw from it in the morning was the main sail sinking.

ts

posted 03-13-14 01:45 PM EDT (US)     24 / 172  
Archons, Day 6

The preparations are taking longer than expected.

Turn sent
posted 03-13-14 03:41 PM EDT (US)     25 / 172  
Undead Day 7

Well, today was the big day. We stepped into the ruins as instructed and then lo and behold, two units joined us. Now normally I wouldn't call two units for 300 GP a deal, but the one unit will be extremely useful, so I'll let it slide. We also cleared a crypt and found a great item, captured a quest stone and completed the quest on the same turn, and got a nice spell as a reward.

All in all, super 7 was a great day as expected.

PS - Great pace guys, that's basically two turns in a 24 hr period.
posted 03-16-14 04:16 AM EDT (US)     26 / 172  
great pace indeed, ts.
posted 03-16-14 09:14 PM EDT (US)     27 / 172  
Found a much needed fountain of life. We rushed there, chased away the selfish, protective inhabitant and bathed ourselves in the healing water.

ts

posted 03-17-14 07:41 AM EDT (US)     28 / 172  
Archons, Day 7

We won two fights against independent units.

Turn sent
posted 03-18-14 00:56 AM EDT (US)     29 / 172  
Undead Day 8

Cleared some ruins, gained some gold and recruited some new soldiers. Not bad.
posted 03-21-14 08:20 AM EDT (US)     30 / 172  
Archons, Day 8

Another two successful battles.

Turn sent
posted 03-21-14 03:21 PM EDT (US)     31 / 172  
Undead, Day 9

Cleared two recruitment structures and hired the same (really good) unit in both. Cleared a campsite for a less than stellar item, but the gold is now desperately needed if we want to have our next payment for our elite training camp. Both gold and mana now starting to run very short.
posted 03-22-14 09:07 AM EDT (US)     32 / 172  
ts
posted 03-23-14 07:09 AM EDT (US)     33 / 172  
Undead Day 10

I can't believe I was worried about building an army on this map. Due to gold shortages, we've promoted all units with morale problems to the job of 'arrow catcher'.
posted 03-23-14 09:24 PM EDT (US)     34 / 172  
Hmm still chasing the unknown..

ts

posted 03-24-14 07:37 AM EDT (US)     35 / 172  
Archons, Day 10

We spotted some independents in the desert approaching our units. Tomorrow, blood will seep away in the sands...

Turn sent
posted 03-25-14 03:58 AM EDT (US)     36 / 172  
Undead Day 11

Oh my god we have no money for anything! No mana either. What a sadistic map. So not only am I disbanding low level units with morale problems, now I'm disbanding perfectly happy level 1s too. And I'm starting to eye the level 2s, if you can believe that. Are there no income structures to be found in these lands?
posted 03-25-14 10:27 PM EDT (US)     37 / 172  
A god-send! But it may not be enough.

ts

posted 03-26-14 11:55 AM EDT (US)     38 / 172  
Archons, Day 11

We survived the attacks, although some of our men have fallen in battle. We also managed to complete a quest for the spirit of magic.

Turn sent
posted 03-26-14 02:34 PM EDT (US)     39 / 172  
Undead Day 12

Austerity kills. Those protestors were right. Our money is so tight I disbanded all my level 1s today, as well as a dwarven engineer with terrible morale. If that wasn't enough, I stood by and did nothing to heal or protect a death knight as we was blasted into oblivion by some magic servants. I could've saved him but my accountant shook his head. Sorry dude, you're not financially viable anymore.

We actually spent almost all of our savings for our special units on a hero that offered her services. I am beginning to suspect that we will just forget about the training camp and just seduce and resurrect our army, since we need all our gold for upkeep. And don't get me started on the mana situation. I have a great spell, a nice powerful summon, but I can't use it. Poverty sucks!
posted 03-26-14 08:30 PM EDT (US)     40 / 172  
It been days since I tried to avoid looking at the global reputation reports. It's not good for the troops' morale and could change my course of action. However, I now am wondering if it's time to see where ourselves are.

ts

« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 5  Next Page »
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW2/SM Play By Email (Turn Logs) » YoLF - JamesEde, Hatifnat, Naeco, Rhomkar
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames