You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

AoW2/SM Play By Email (Turn Logs)
Moderated by Timelord, Enginerd, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: WL Elf vs Elf - Get Neuman!
posted 07-24-03 11:29 AM EDT (US)   
Map: Elf vs Elf-Get Neuman!

Julioch (Elves) - Ellumesh (chromancer@gmx.net)
Meando (Dark Elves) - Timelord (gabriel_merlin@yahoo.com)

House rules apply and Call hero spell not allowed.

Good luck Ellumesh!
Let the fun begin.

Replies:
posted 07-24-03 02:29 PM EDT (US)     1 / 27  
Hi and sorry for the intrusion. I just wanted to make sure that you are playing the Silver version of this map. It fixes some bugs in the original version and has much more entertaining and workable triggers. Thanks for playing, a lot of work went into this map

Author of the following maps for AOWSM:

Version 1.4 - Race To Death: Rise Of Evil
Version 1.3 (also playable in 1.4) - Race to Death S&M - Walker's Crusade ====== This Land Is My Land ====== War In The Valley

Proud member of the Upatch Team

posted 07-25-03 00:18 AM EDT (US)     2 / 27  
Hi KD,

It is the Silver edition of the map. And we hope to have fun with it.

posted 07-25-03 04:10 AM EDT (US)     3 / 27  
Julioch, Day 1

That scum Meando will get what he deserves! Hurling abuse at me in my own tower!!!

But first, Iīll have to deal with that meddler Neuman. A kick into the hurtybits will solve that matter...

posted 07-25-03 04:39 AM EDT (US)     4 / 27  
Ah! I can feel the energy coursing through me as I contemplate another day of war with Julioch...but wait, I hear disturbing news.

The man who was to be the mediator between Julioch and me is claiming to be my Creator! He treats us like children. Such impudence is not to be tolerated. He will be punished and will wish death was better when I have been through him.

However, I have heard of his vast empire and huge army. First, I must consolidate my resources and train my troops well. Though the handful I have now are some of the best ones, they need combat experience.

Off you go, my men and spiders!.
Capture resources and kill enemies and conquer!
Dre'd Nought, I need some more spells to increase my magical abilities...I have heard of such a vault nearby. Take two of our elite queens and get me the spell which is hidden there.

First, we will take care of this Neuman character. Then we shall embrace our dear sister in webs of darkness.

---------
Turn sent

posted 07-25-03 05:29 AM EDT (US)     5 / 27  
Julioch, Day 2

Alfred received the first of many kicks to come today. I just hope he sports an army somewhere and not just that bunch of starters I vanquished today...

posted 07-25-03 09:15 AM EDT (US)     6 / 27  
Alas!. In these times when every hand counts towards the war effort, one of my Elite Queens was lost in a battle with the cursed Archons - good-lovers worse than the Lesser Elfs. But Dre'd Nought proved why she is still a respected general of my army.

Elsewhere, minions waiting for my rise to power also came out of their hiding and had good news for me. I have sent them to get what they talk about. I have also sent re-inforcements, in case they need it.

To the east, the situation is a little more tight as Neuman's town is guarded by ranged units behind a wall. Unless I send them reinforcements too, they won't be able to take it

--------------
Turn sent

P.S. sorry for the restart message. Its been like this for all the PBEM games I have played today.
I do not know why.

posted 07-25-03 11:14 AM EDT (US)     7 / 27  
Julioch, Day 3

My gallant troops are advancing on all fronts, though one skirmish cost us dearly. Alas, the prize was well worth it, so we shed a tear in mourn and the clarion call of victory is heard in my realm.

That Neuman critter is still hiding. Time to dig him out!

posted 07-25-03 12:29 PM EDT (US)     8 / 27  
Troops are fanning out east and west.
Sending reinforcements to capture that town of Neuman's.
Tomorrow it shall be mine

Hopefully, we will also gain some resources tomorrow if my Elite Queens are successful in spinning their webs.

----------
Turn sent

posted 07-26-03 10:07 AM EDT (US)     9 / 27  
Bad day for Meando.
No point in reliving the pain by recounting it.

----------
Turn sent

posted 07-26-03 12:28 PM EDT (US)     10 / 27  
Julioch, Day 5

That toad Neuman has moved some troops southwards at last. To late to save some settlements, and just in time to get hit hard. I wonder when I meet the Dark Elves...

posted 07-28-03 10:12 AM EDT (US)     11 / 27  
Meando - Day 5

Just exploring a bit further and staying wary of Neuman's towns. Unless I get a little more reinforcements, I am bound to be defeated like that last time yesterday.

-------
Turn sent

posted 07-28-03 11:47 AM EDT (US)     12 / 27  
Julico, Day 6

Still no trace of Meando. Neuman is moving a pretty hefty stacks in the distance. The time of easy conquests and lightning raids seems to be over...

posted 07-28-03 01:13 PM EDT (US)     13 / 27  
Meando - Day 6

Moved my forces near one of Neuman's towns guarded by some pretty evil looking witches and pirates. The other front also made no headway for lack of forces.

Treasury is still in the red. Need to conquer some towns soon.

----------------

Turn sent

posted 07-28-03 02:06 PM EDT (US)     14 / 27  
Julioch, Day 7

Gathering troops to take another village from Neuman. My scouts are making good headway, but still no sign of dark elves...

posted 07-29-03 05:05 AM EDT (US)     15 / 27  
Meando - Day 7

I have decided to proceed cautiously after the recent loss of many troops. Today we dealt another blow to Neuman by capturing one of his towns. My elite queens are serving me well, Meando is happy.

On the eastern front, things are still going a little slow.

The two zephyrs which joined yesterday are out scouting for resources and other cities to conquer.

Hopefully we will come into contact with the Elves soon.

----------
Turn sent

P.S. Ellumesh, I would have generated a restart message this turn. After the TC with Neuman's forces in his town, the game just froze. Had to shut it down through the task manager. Hence, the restart.
It was a crucial battle for me as I needed more towns but it was easily winnable. My troops outnumbered Neuman's both in number and level and half my forces were spider queens, some of them veterans too.

posted 07-29-03 06:33 AM EDT (US)     16 / 27  
Julioch, Day 8

A day of fierce fighting! But my brave Sol Rev just carved throught those puny humans...a little more mopping up and I can set my eyes on greater prizes!

posted 07-29-03 09:05 AM EDT (US)     17 / 27  
Well, treading cautiously inspite of all the heroics by Julioch
Not mcuh of an army to go on with. So, better careful than being vanquished I figure.

----------
Turn sent

posted 07-29-03 12:43 PM EDT (US)     18 / 27  
Julioch, Day 8

So my good friend Meando is struggling? Letīs see what those magical traps can do to add to his misery

posted 07-30-03 04:47 AM EDT (US)     19 / 27  
So, that wench thinks she can frighten me using these stupid units. Ha, she's got another thought coming.
Though, if they do attack my main city now, I will be a goner.

Elsewhere, my main army is covering ground and exploring to see whether anything can be found which can be used against that oaf Neuman and that cow Julioch.

---------------
Turn sent.

P.S. Did you spawn all those stacks by just stepping on the trigger once?...sheesh, got around 20 indies running around in my domain now.

posted 07-30-03 06:47 AM EDT (US)     20 / 27  
Julioch, Day 10

That slime Meano dared to blight my beloved forest with foul Death Magic!

Payback is coming, rest assured!

To top it off, Neumanīs flunkies are marching to their doom in the south. Just a little further, and I will smash them with some 3-1 odds...

Restart when trying to explore the Magic Vault just west of my tower, the one with the Leprechaun (the message says). Tried thrice, got dropped to the desktop every time.

Btw, 20 indies milling about? Gotta reset that trap and go for it again!

posted 07-30-03 09:23 AM EDT (US)     21 / 27  
Too many indies and doing things not to my liking.....captured nodes and mines and windmills and watchtowers....that trigger should be banned

Even if I wanted to expand my kingdom these damned indies are preventing me from doing so.
My first foolish loss to Neuman is really hurting me now. I can really use those bladedancers.

Now, have to mop up all these stuff and then go after that blasted Julioch. But rest assured, I will send the same back to you when I have enough resources to spare on the trigger.

------------
Turn sent

posted 07-30-03 10:19 AM EDT (US)     22 / 27  
Julioch, Day 11

Contact has been made by my long range Druid patrol. I would have preferred to remain hidden, but misjudged a mountainous slope that was onyl mountainous and sloped...and not wooded!

posted 07-31-03 01:25 AM EDT (US)     23 / 27  
Managed to recapture a couple of mines from that damned indies. Tomorrow have to take a risk and try to eliminate one more stack of them.

Saw the poorly concealed Druid. Thought of taking him out but decided on better judgement that I didn't want two wars on my hands at this moment.

Though it stings to my very soul, I have sent a message to Julioch asking for peace till we elimiate that swine Neuman.

---------------
Turn sent

posted 07-31-03 05:34 AM EDT (US)     24 / 27  
Julioch, Day 12

Peace? Try to reconcile with those Archons I have sent you once again!

Unfortunately, I have disovered a stack of indie dark elves right at my doorstep: A Spider Queen, three Bladedancers, four archers! Bad news. Thankfully, I have taken some precautions against such an event. For the moment, I am save behind high walls and guarded by my royal archers, but we canīt have a horde of unfriendlies wandering around in the backyard, can we?

posted 07-31-03 05:54 AM EDT (US)     25 / 27  
You have sent some once again!!!!
You will curse the day when you were born in a few days time, my little sister.

But among the indies you have spawned is a darkangel with northern glows in a stack. Now that is something i really hate.

And Neuman has moved two stacks of 14 units near one of my cities - stacks of witches and scouts with 2 heroes. This is starting to get on my nerves. Next turn, shall go on the offensive, come what may.

-----------
Turn sent

posted 07-31-03 06:41 AM EDT (US)     26 / 27  
Julicoh, Day 13

The unlucky thirteen...

Well, Iīm dead! The royal archers (two longbows and a crossbow)and high walls werenīt enough of a deterrent to keep the indies away. I fought valiantly, but against a horde of Bladedancers and a Queen... no chance.

Congrats to the winner!

And Iīm really howling for revenge!!!

posted 07-31-03 08:36 AM EDT (US)     27 / 27  
Ellumesh,

I will set up the rematch and send it across.

Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW2/SM Play By Email (Turn Logs) » WL Elf vs Elf - Get Neuman!
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames