You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

AoW2/SM Play By Email (Turn Logs)
Moderated by Timelord, Enginerd, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: WL RMG rematch (Ballbarian vs Hiranu)
posted 09-17-03 06:49 PM EDT (US)   
WL RMG rematch (Ballbarian vs Hiranu)
Ballbarian2- Ballbarian2@yahoo.com
Hiranu- hiranu@earthlink.net

Random Wizard Ladder game. (Rematch)
Settings:
Medium Map
Start Town, Indies, Misc Structures, Heroes set to AVERAGE.
Cities, Gold Struct, Nodes, Treasure set to MANY
Shadow and Underground ENABLED
Nomads DISABLED
(I've already had 2 games in a row as Nomads)
2 Players / Random Wizards
Basic House rules.

---------------------------------
Hiranu, if your unhappy with your start (ie stuck underground) we can generate a new map with same settings.

Author of custom AI's with NO RESOURCE CHEATS: Ballbarian_SW7, Ballbarian_SW6 & DemonEmpire
- AI scripting guide based on the AOK CPSB document: CPSB for SWGB
- Web page devoted to Ballbarian_SW and AI in general: Ballbarian_SW AI Home
- 8 ES AoK random map conversions, and my original (HD)Trial_of_Fire: HD@RMS_Pack
- 2 new random maps: GODZILLA & (HD)Tusken_Wall
Replies:
posted 09-17-03 07:05 PM EDT (US)     1 / 16  
Nekron
Day 1

A new day dawns. What is that smell? Oh yeah... sometimes I forget who I am. Off to a good start as my critters take a power node. I've sent my black knight to clean up the piles of gold and mana scattered about.

TS

Author of custom AI's with NO RESOURCE CHEATS: Ballbarian_SW7, Ballbarian_SW6 & DemonEmpire
- 8 ES AoK random map conversions, and my original (HD)Trial_of_Fire: HD@RMS_Pack
posted 09-17-03 11:35 PM EDT (US)     2 / 16  
Nekron
Day 2

More goodies procured today, but it's still a slow start.

TS

posted 09-18-03 01:00 AM EDT (US)     3 / 16  
Nekron
Day 3

An undead village wanted too much gold to join us. I decided to just unlive them, and raise them again later. Hmmm, I wonder sometimes about my own sanity. Ah well, back to world domination...

TS

posted 09-18-03 02:06 PM EDT (US)     4 / 16  
I emerged from my ungerground home to the world above, chosing the world of the sun over the world of my birth. Let us see what lives up here under that great burning orb.
posted 09-18-03 03:29 PM EDT (US)     5 / 16  
Nekron
Day 4

My armies grow in strength with each passing day. In the distance, the shambling forms of zombies search the land, gathering gold and mana for my empire. Black riders race back and forth from one target to the next. I sense another power in this land. I wait patiently for word from my minnions...

TS

posted 09-18-03 07:25 PM EDT (US)     6 / 16  
Nekron
Day 5

Progress is slow, and targets are few and far between. A miserable zombie is getting on my nerves. He constantly complains that his feet hurt. His eyeball is bouncing off of his cheek, yet he complains about his feet... If zombies weren't so cheap I'd send them off into the wilds by themselves as fodder for independent elves... oh, that's what I'm doing. Silly me.

TS

posted 09-18-03 10:36 PM EDT (US)     7 / 16  
Nekron
Day 6

My suspicions were confirmed by a scout. A pesky wizard has infested my lands. I shall have to call the exterminators to rid my lands of the little rat eaters.

TS

posted 09-19-03 00:33 AM EDT (US)     8 / 16  
Nekron
Day 7

A syron village has reluctantly joined my empire. These strange creatures cry too much, so we'll have to move them out and make the place more comfy for our kind. I've noticed mab's domain nearby. Perhaps our armies closer to home in the west should pay her a visit.
I have other plans for my scouts in the east.

TS

posted 09-19-03 09:16 AM EDT (US)     9 / 16  
Nekron
Day 8

One of Mab's nosey little goblins fell today. He fought bravely, but was no match against my eastern scouts.

TS

posted 09-19-03 03:05 PM EDT (US)     10 / 16  
Nekron
Day 9

Another of Mab's scouts fell today. One of my hungry spiders jumped on the poor little goblin before I could stop it. I tried to send a letter of apology to Mab, but my zombies would just drool on it and make it unreadable...

TS

posted 09-19-03 11:29 PM EDT (US)     11 / 16  
The loss of my scouts is tolerable, but the forces I see coming are a problem. It is time to scramble. Luckily I intercepted an enemy scout. Fun it was, to make a spider scream.
posted 09-20-03 01:43 AM EDT (US)     12 / 16  
Nekron
Day 10

Mab seems to be out roaming the underground. She and her lackeys have done terrible things to my favorite spider. I sent a large force to demand an apology, but she wasn't home. That's allright. We'll put another dwarf on the fire and wait for her return...

TS

posted 09-20-03 02:56 AM EDT (US)     13 / 16  

Nekron
Day 11

Curses. My western army didn't arrive soon enough to support our spider scout and Mab's forces were the quicker in her underground element. It should only be a matter of time, unless Mab has more tricks up her sleeve. I would leave Mab to her own devices, but she wears the magical Pine Scented Air-Freshener of the Gods on her head and I must have it!!! You rattle brained skeletons stop snickering!

TS

posted 09-20-03 11:07 AM EDT (US)     14 / 16  
Nekron
Day 12

The coming days should be interesting... Hopefully I do not underestimate Mab's strength.

TS

posted 09-21-03 07:46 PM EDT (US)     15 / 16  
Nekron
Day 13

A lone spider crept forward through the darkness and watched Mab's towered city from a safe distance long enough to guage her defenses. Convinced that no immediate help was nearby, the signal was given and the undead horde charged forth. Black riders crashed through the gates as spiders scaled the walls. The end of Mab's empire came swiftly...
------------------------------------

Good game Hiranu! If you hadn't gotten stuck in the underground again, the outcome could have been very different. I only had two cities above ground and stumbled on the third underground, then a spider scout spotted your city from the entrance near your tower. Everything fell into place and I focused everything I had on that as a goal. If you decide you want another game, just let me know.

TS

posted 09-22-03 00:22 AM EDT (US)     16 / 16  
Thanks for the game. I made some mistakes, but I learned from them. And the outcoe was at least consistant. (I've started 20+ games in the last 2 months, finished 6, and lost all of them.)
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW2/SM Play By Email (Turn Logs) » WL RMG rematch (Ballbarian vs Hiranu)
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames