You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

AoW1 Play By Email (Turn Logs)
Moderated by Enginerd, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Queen Mother's Co-op (Players to be added later)
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 04-28-07 05:31 AM EDT (US)   

Hello all! I am looking for players for the Co-op map made by Erikkson, Queen Mother's. This map has a Warlock and Lighthawk's version. So I advise you to get those installed. Here some sites that may help you if you plan to join this Co-op!

Queen Mother's, the download page and also information page:
Queen Mother's

Frequently Asked Questions about Rule-sets (FAQS):
FAQS

Lighthawk's Rules Download and information page:
Lighthawk's Rules

Warlock Rules Download and information page:
Warlock Rule's

------------------------------------------------------------ -------------------
To give the background information easier, I've copied what the information page for the map says. This was written by Erikkson is his copyright work:

Map name: The Queen Mothers
Authors: Eriksson and Xenobea
Rules: Warlock's Ruleset

Story:

Once upon a time, there was a land far away where four good kings lived in relative peace.
For workers they employed slaves of the lower races, keeping them in good behavior under the lash of the good kings' overseers.
The lower races worked well, if but for a pittance, and if lives were lost under their brutal working conditions,
they bred well, and more slaves were always forthcoming.

The kings traded with the prosperous independent republics, who remained neutral and neither chafed under oppression,
nor forced other races to submit to their rule. All was well, until a lone female, equipped with too much time and learning,
and no husband or common sense, looked upon the land and saw a great injustice. Under the guise of a nun she set forth to the
underground slave breeding colonies, in order to educate and better the lot of the lower races.

In the colonies, the slaves were ruled by females, as males died quickly under the arduous labor their overseers demanded of them,
and fertile females were treated with care, much as one would treat a favorite brood-mare or sow.
With education and a new knowledge of justice and law, each race now coalesced the rule in their main city under one self-styled Queen Mother,
and quickly gained the allegiance of workers in their races' factories and work camps, both above and underground.

Once the Queen Mothers gained their education and power there was little to stop them from forcing the good kings' overseers
from their colonies and pushing them back to their very capitals. In a rare display of coordination,
the four Queen Mothers signed an alliance, and sent assassins to murder the powerful kings.

Predictably, this set the land in uproar. The prosperous people of the swamps, tundra, grasslands, and deserts refused
to come to the aid of their old trading partners.

The Queen Mothers vowed to force the good people of the old kingdoms to serve them, as they had once served,
and to bring the neutral republics under their heels as well. In each corner of the land, a young prince is suddenly crowned
and given the support of his people, to see if he can bring them back to prosperity and happiness.

The Queen Mothers remain in their dens underground, plotting the death and destruction of all who once made them serve...

Other info:

This map is for Warlock's ruleset and is made to be a 4 player coopgame against evil. As all maps it could ofcourse be played
singleplayer too but this one is really tough and if you do you might need to set the other good races to independent.

PLayable races: All the good ones.

Recomended settings:

Leaders-OFF, Allied victory-ON, Customize Leaders-OFF, Exploration-ON

Any comments or ratings for the map are most welcome thanx

------------------------------------------------------------ -------------------

Right, we need three more players to join! I think, if I judge correctly, we have four races of good to fill. Please, post your name, and email if you wish to join this battle!

I shall take what ever is left over.

List of Races and Players:

Halflings - Eriksson, poe@telia.com

Highmen - disenchanted, disenchanted.aow@gmail.com

Elves - Lord Naismith, joennaismith@hotmail.com

Dwarves - CrazySlyHawk, emacfallon@hotmail.com

Whew, I dearly hope I've done the right format for starting a game! Please let me know if I am missing anything!

My address: joennaismith@hotmail.com

Lord Naismith

[This message has been edited by Lord Naismith (edited 05-08-2007 @ 12:11 PM).]

Replies:
posted 04-28-07 04:00 PM EDT (US)     1 / 41  
Eoghan Fallon (CrazySlyHawk) emacfallon@hotmail.com
dont mind wat race(pref. Elves or Dwarves).
But im not entirely sure if i have my internet settings correct or not...

Token Irish Gamer!
posted 05-04-07 08:50 PM EDT (US)     2 / 41  
I'll play! I haven't installed Lighthawk's rules, so I'm not sure I have a preference yet.

My email address is disenchanted.aow (at) gmail.com

posted 05-06-07 05:15 AM EDT (US)     3 / 41  
I would be happy to join this one as I never got to finish a 4 player E-mail game on it.

I'd like to play halflings
and my email is poe@telia.com

(I would suggest Lighthawk rules cuz I think the game would be a more fun to play with those.)

/Eriksson
Life is nothing but a game
poe@telia.com

[This message has been edited by Eriksson (edited 05-06-2007 @ 05:19 AM).]

posted 05-06-07 06:21 PM EDT (US)     4 / 41  
YES! I fully understand how to draft messages and send them thanks to Roger(the Rampant). Cant wait for this! Oh and look out for a PBEM i plan on recording soon...

Token Irish Gamer!
posted 05-08-07 11:53 AM EDT (US)     5 / 41  
Jolly good! We now have the right number of players to start this game! Editing the header post now to accommodate with the game!

CrazySlyHawk, you are now the Dwarves! 'Cause I'm gonna be the Elves ;D

disenchanted, I've put you as the Highmen, since all the other races are taken, and your name sort of goes along with the race ;D

Eriksson, you are the leader of the Halflings!

Lord Naismith, you are now the Elven race!

Righto, prepare shortly for the game to be sent!

We are using the Lighthawk Rules mod-set, I would like to start a turn log once the first turn starts, and I hope that you are all active enough to be able to keep this game alive!

Prepare yourselves mates, the might of an epic adventure is about begin!

Lord Naismith

[This message has been edited by Lord Naismith (edited 05-08-2007 @ 12:06 PM).]

posted 05-08-07 04:07 PM EDT (US)     6 / 41  
Help! Having difficulty in installing Lighthawks rules. I tthink I have them installed, but whenever I attempt to play Queen Mothers map it crashes! Pehaps I have installed it in the wrong place?
But the crash message is 'exception during update frame event' so maybe its the map? Anyone else getting this problem???

Token Irish Gamer!
posted 05-09-07 04:32 AM EDT (US)     7 / 41  
Well, I don't have your problem, I can't even get Lighthawk Ruels working! It keeps saying invalid start or something! I've posted in the technical help section, I hope someone answers!

All players, I cannot start the game currently because Lighthawk Ruels is currently not working, sorry, it'll get fixed soon, I promise that!

Lord Naismith
posted 05-11-07 01:58 AM EDT (US)     8 / 41  
While we're all failing to install the modpack, I have a stupid question:

The map description says it's designed for Warlock's rules. How can a map designed for one mod be used with another?
posted 05-11-07 10:39 AM EDT (US)     9 / 41  
I think it's that mod-packs are like...interchangable I think? Or wait, I think it's because Eriksson said he has a version made for LightHawk Rule's. I think...
posted 05-11-07 02:16 PM EDT (US)     10 / 41  
has anyone attempted to open the map? it told me that there were no hexagons left. And when I loaded it, it was a blank map sure as heck...

Token Irish Gamer!
posted 05-11-07 09:25 PM EDT (US)     11 / 41  
it told me that there were no hexagons left. And when I loaded it, it was a blank map sure as heck...
I hope we can weather the great hexagon shortage of '07. I'm going to go stock up now...
posted 05-12-07 01:54 AM EDT (US)     12 / 41  
XD

Ah yes, I remember a time like this, it was something like the great depression. Yes, its coming back to me now, a great shock of low supplies of hexagons. Ah yes, those were troubling times indeed....

I'm gonna try to open it normally with Warlock Rules, hope it goes well!

Reportin' back soon,

Lord Naismith
posted 05-12-07 11:57 AM EDT (US)     13 / 41  
Right, good news on my part, I tested the map on Warlock Rule's, it's working perfectly for me! NO shortage of hexagons in my part of the world! ;D
posted 05-15-07 11:33 PM EDT (US)     14 / 41  
D'oh! Your first post says there are 2 versions of the map (Warlock's and Lighthawk's.) I guess that answers my previous question (how the map can be playable with both rulesets.)

If I may ask another stupid question, when you say the map won't load with Lighthawk's Rules installed, you are using the correct version of the map, aren't you? That seems like an obvious thing, but this thread links to the Warlock's version of the map. Also, I personally can't find Queen Mothers for Lighthawk's Rules on this site.
posted 05-16-07 10:15 PM EDT (US)     15 / 41  
Good point on your part disenchanted, unfortunately, I can't even get Age of Wonders to load on Lighthawk's Rule-set period, let alone start any map whatsoever.

As for the Lighthawk rules version, I believe we'd need Eriksson to send that, seeing as he is the creator.

Eriksson!!!!! We need thee maaaaap! ^_^ And I need to fix my problem.....
posted 05-18-07 07:04 AM EDT (US)     16 / 41  
I can send you all the Lighthawk version.
But you still have problems installing that ruleset right?

/Eriksson
poe@telia.com
posted 05-18-07 09:18 PM EDT (US)     17 / 41  
Yeah I do..darn, I need to get it to work! Grr......oh by the way, I don't have the turn for our Co-op game. Do you?

Lord Naismith
posted 05-21-07 00:36 AM EDT (US)     18 / 41  
Yes, I have it still...sorry. Will try to get it played this week.

And I think I have to realize there is to much else in my life to join this PBem right now. Maybe you should find another map and start a game without me

/Eriksson
poe@telia.com
posted 05-21-07 04:12 PM EDT (US)     19 / 41  
If hes talking about the current map, then lets do what he says!!!

Token Irish Gamer!

[This message has been edited by CrazySlyHawk (edited 05-21-2007 @ 04:12 PM).]

posted 05-23-07 00:15 AM EDT (US)     20 / 41  
NO! NEVER! We shall never leave a fellow Age of Wonders player behind never!!!! If Eriksson doesn't play, so do I! We include not exclude! Don't worry Eriksson, you can play the turn when you can, we all know how real life is, takes a hold of you sometimes and gets you back to living, just don't forget us! ^_^
posted 05-24-07 02:13 AM EDT (US)     21 / 41  
I agree - no player left behind. I'm sorry, Eriksson, you have no choice. But you can take as long as you need to play your turns.
posted 05-24-07 04:29 AM EDT (US)     22 / 41  
Hehe, I can play turns.
I don't think I can help you get Lighthawks rules to work though.

/Eriksson
poe@telia.com
posted 05-24-07 09:13 AM EDT (US)     23 / 41  
OH yeah.....*Is reminded of the impending problem*

Hmph, this delay is making me mad.

*Attempts to attack the problem with a hammer. Glint of madness in eye.*

MWauahahahahaha!

*Puts hammer down, realizing that if he continued, there'd be no computer left*

Dang.....

I'll try re-installing again....wonder what I did wrong....
posted 05-25-07 03:49 PM EDT (US)     24 / 41  
You misinterpret me, again.
Eriksson may do as he wishes, but what I am propsing is that we dont rule out a different map.

Token Irish Gamer!
posted 05-25-07 10:52 PM EDT (US)     25 / 41  
No no! I didn't mean it that way either...I meant...argh. Nevermind. But yes, lets not rule out another map. I'm sure there are more we can play. Eriksson's map is known for top quality in terms of Co-op play. Lots of stuff, hard things to beat.....^_^

I'm loooking through the archives now.
posted 05-27-07 10:33 AM EDT (US)     26 / 41  
Ther main thing tht bothers me is the ruleset, which may or may not be installing right for half of us, and we cannot rule out T watever standard rules, unless they are too unbalanced compared to Warlocks/Lighthawks

Token Irish Gamer!
posted 05-28-07 01:05 AM EDT (US)     27 / 41  
Hmm.....indeed...what to do...could it work with the rule-set Warlock's Rules? Or would it be too imbalanced then?
posted 06-01-07 03:40 AM EDT (US)     28 / 41  
I am still willing to play this map, but if we can't solve these problems with the modpack within a week or so, I'd vote to just pick something else already. This is especially true since I've already played it in single player with Warlock's. It took 35 days, but I think it could have been won in much less time if I hadn't done some stupid stuff early on.
posted 06-02-07 02:13 AM EDT (US)     29 / 41  
Ok, let's get this moving once and for all. Make or break mateys!

Confirmed: We CAN start the Co-op map Queen's Mother on the Warlock-Ruleset.

I can in fact have this turn sent out tonight for example to show how ready we are. All I need for this is you all to confirm whether you can play Warlock Rules or not.

So please, post if you can play or get Warlock-Rules working.

Second, Queen Mother's, Lighthawks-Rule set version cannot work for me, and we would need the file from Eriksson. If you all would rather play it on Lighthawk's then by all means, post you say so, and you guys can play, I can't because I haven't got that ruleset working yet.

Third option, is to choose another map altogether to play, whether it be a original map to play a co-op on or another completely different map, that choice would be yours.

So, post whether:
#1 Want to play Queen Mother's Warlock Rules (Add if you are able to run Warlock on your computer)

#2 Want to play Queen Mother's Lighthawk Rules version ( I cannot play that, so you guys would have to play it amongst yourselves)

#3 Choose an entirely different map to Co-op on.

Whew, let's get this rolling mates! Aow hasn't been active for me lately, it's like I am missing a part of my life!!! ^_^
posted 06-02-07 06:42 AM EDT (US)     30 / 41  
I cant play the map, because on two occasions it claimed to be destroying 'level o' and exceptions etc. so I would definetely sue for another map. But I would like to hear other people as well before we reach a verdict...

Token Irish Gamer!
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW1 Play By Email (Turn Logs) » Queen Mother's Co-op (Players to be added later)
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames