Please login or register

AoW1 Scenario & Campaign Design
Moderated by Enginerd, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Max Hero level
posted 10-22-03 08:18 AM EDT (US)   
Is it possible to put a maximum on the Hero level of a map ???

For example if I only want my heroes to raise to level 5 and then stop gaining XP....

Thanks....

Replies:
posted 10-22-03 11:31 PM EDT (US)     1 / 6  
Yes, but only in campaign maps.

-Heir to Beleriand, Heir to the Silmaril, Chosen of Illuvatar-

GM of the Glory of the Past Middle Earth Roleplay Thread

Creator of the New Keepers Campaign
posted 10-24-03 09:00 PM EDT (US)     2 / 6  
It can be done for regular maps too!

First design the map in either the regular editor or the campaign editor. Then open the map with the campaign editor. In the editor's developer menu choose the setting 'campaign map'! This opens the portion which allows you to set the maximum hero level. Once this is set go back and change the map setting to scenario map. This will close the campaign options but they will be embedded in the map!

posted 10-24-03 09:06 PM EDT (US)     3 / 6  
Hmmm. On random generated games, you can limit the hero level. I wonder why that option doesn't exist on the scenario design in the editor!
posted 10-24-03 11:41 PM EDT (US)     4 / 6  
FROM talon:

Hmmm. On random generated games, you can limit the hero level. I wonder why that option doesn't exist on the scenario design in the editor!
------------------------------------------------------------ --------------------

I am unaware of a random map generator in AOW. Are you perhaps referring to AOWSM

BTW: It just feels wrong somehow to add the SM designation after a game I like so much. I guess it could be worse, they could have called it AGE OF WONDERS - BEAST DRAGON SHADOW MAGIC.

posted 10-25-03 06:22 PM EDT (US)     5 / 6  
Yes, AoW:SM, of course.
posted 10-26-03 05:26 AM EDT (US)     6 / 6  
It works.....

Thanks...

But, I don't think the designers have designed it to work this way.....

Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW1 Scenario & Campaign Design » Max Hero level
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames